EXPLAIN

guys if the BTC difficulty is going down, why would miners flock to BCH? Am I a retard or something? just gonna hold ETH, no idea whats going to happen in a few hrs

Other urls found in this thread:

fork.lol/pow/retarget
fork.lol/
blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No they think miners will act against their best interest. Once these idiots realize that is not the case in two hours BCH will dump again.

You are being played.

Absolutely nothing will happen in a few hours. Check the difficulty retarget: fork.lol/pow/retarget -- it is going to differ only about 1%. And the difficulty retarget is calculated off of the last 2016 blocks. So any sudden miner change can't affect it much anymore.

But... if the price of BCH will keep gaining on BTC over the next week, then some more miners will start to switch over to BCH. That means BTC will lose hash power, while the difficulty is locked for another 2016 blocks. The blocks on BTC will start to be mined ever slower and fees will go up. This might cause more users to buy BCH, price goes up, BTC loses more miners, BTC gets even slower, .... and suddenly the situation has snowballed.

So... there is a possibility for a cashening during the next 1-3 weeks, but absolutely none during the next 24 hours.

Its actually funny now though how the narrative constantly has to change because all the flip predictions have been false thus far. Keep pushing back the flippening. It hasn’t worked yet but it will at some point!

The point is, since the last adjustment miners have been religiously mining BTC.. THerfore the difficulty will go up. At which point jihan's miners will all switch back to BCH (and BTG) making BTC chronically slow for the next 16 days. This has been over a year in planning. Be very careful where you decide to hold. Play it safe and go for an unaffected big coin (Eth xmr neo etc) or ride the waves at your peril.

I don't think cashening will happen in the next few weeks either. Only a small possibility. I think BTC hodlers will just slowly switch over to BCH and ETH in the span of the next 6-12 months.

right?

and if you even remotely believe that the "Operation Dragonslayer" crap is dumb then the BCH crowd calls you a payed CORE shill, as if BTC had a centralized group who would actually do that... unlike BCH, which was literally founded by a felon who cant code.

but hey, if you made good gains from the BCH pump, good on ya. Just dont let emotions make you hold for stupid stuff.

No you fucking inbred look at the link before you spew your bullshit. The difficulty is going down by 1%. Holy fuck how retarded are you cashcucks?

heh, rent free

This is how I feel. I may hold btc but something will replace it. Just not this shitcoin with less development work than ICOs. Go look at their (3) GitHubs. Tell me how much activity you see then tell me how you still support that shit.

>The point is, since the last adjustment miners have been religiously mining BTC
No, this is wrong. Can easily prove that. Miners have just mined what they can profit with. Check the profitability: fork.lol/
The profitability has pretty much the same with BTC and BCH for the last week since BCHs new algorithm. It has oscillated a little of BCH, because the new algo needed time to stabilize.

Hehe you angry misinformed cunt. Don't need to, it's my homepage. The % change means nothing, it fluctuates wildly.

Sell the news?

What you should do is buy a shit ton of BCH right now and sell tonight before it gets dumped.

this.
Regardless next DA in around 2 weeks at best.
then it all starts again.
then 2 weeks after that? happens again. and 2 weeks aft..
you get the picture

I think it might drop a little. If I was a trader, I might sell it, but I rather not bother chasing perfection at the risk of getting burnt, and will just hodl. It will be back up in a few days anyway.

8 blocks left now, lets see.
it's a long weekend so should be fun atleast.

the point is the new difficulty will be locked in for a minimum of 2 weeks, so if hashpower leaves then the difficulty is "trapped" at current level for much much more

That's funny because that narrative only sprung up after people realized the difficulty wasn't going to go up after the 2016 blocks. If hashpower leaves is a big fucking if. That's the same as saying if these miners act AGAINST their best interest. Because BCH would have to reach new levels for them to want to switch. When people see that money isn't leaving BTC they will see a flip isn't happening and FOMO dump their BCH.

It's amazing when I bring up something one day taking the crypto throne from BTC people immediately come in saying it's obviously BCH. They're fucking delusional, it's goddamn Bitcoin Core with effectively one line of code changed. That's not some evolution of cryptocurrency and will just confuse the fuck out of normies

Profitability means fuck all to do with what you're talking about (in fact the fact that they're even remotely similar is bad news for BTC as BCH price is a LOT lower); it's hashing power you should be looking at, and that has been considerably higher on BTC since the last "flippening"

Normies will be wayore confused with something not called "bitcoin"

this

>Normies will be wayore confused with something not called "bitcoin"

That's not correct. It'll confuse the fuck out of people who bought BTC after July 31st why their 'Bitcoin' is suddenly worthless while another is taking its place. The amount of panic selling and market crashing followed by the news stories about it would put us in a new crypto winter. An alt replacement would be slower and make more sense to the masses as it wouldn't 'kill' BTC hashpower outright and effectively make it useless

Exactly this. But there's way too many people trying to profit off of this so they are using all their shilling power to try to get BCH to flip. This will be toxic for the cryptosphere.

Isn't it in their best interest to move profitability aside to keep their monopoly on mining with the new dragonmint coming out?

> That's the same as saying if these miners act AGAINST their best interest.

If they are motivated by profit, the long term profits, and that means the profitability of the investments they put into their hardware, it lies in on-chain scaling rather than being cucked through users of BTC being essentially forced to use off-chain scaling due to large fees and slow transactions on the BTC chain, reducing the traffic that goes through BTC chain type validation via miners, that profit being sucked up into their offchain scaling solutions that only uses the BTC chain as a way to log the end result of thousands of off-chain transactions.

Also, this narrative that this is not about the adjustment happening so it's locked in at 2016, but that it is about the difficulty increasing or decreasing... I've only seen it uttered by pro core people "arguing against it" in threads where no one argued the idea that the difficulty would increase in the first place.

Might be mostly due to a misunderstanding on their part regarding what what people were talking about when they talked about the importance of the difficulty adjustment, might be devious attempts at FUD regarding the feasibility of creating BTC chain death. Hard to know.

Flippening 3.0 has started. The BTC DDOS which was practiced last time is underway again. Check how fast the unconfirmed Tx are rising! blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

Stop reposting that garbage everywhere

exactly this. best time to kill bitcoin is at the moment the new adjustment locks in regardless if its higher or lower. its just the longest timeframe to fuck up bitcoin. if miners switch now shortly before adjustment, core will be frozen for some days maybe weeks, but when they jump right after adjstment core is frozen to death

Profitability is literally calculated by taking price, hashing power and difficulty into account. If the price rises, then it will be more profitable to mine until more hashing power joins and the profitability levels off again.

First time I've posted it. If others have, it doesn't surprise me. Did you look? Rising dmfaster and faster by the second.

Whoopdishit

if it goes over 50 000 next hour the cloggening is happening.. watch it every once in a while it goes lower for 1000-2000 transactions.
if it climbs alot faster than it falls, miners switched

It is simply miners and stakeholders en masse choosing to abandon the core fork, because they have rightly recognised that it is against their rational self interest to support it.

Nobody is to blame for that but core. You don't get political seats in Bitcoin. You try to maintain a grip on power contrary to the interests of the ecosystem and the ecosystem will take your fucking head.

The big crypto drawback will last at most a couple of months and it won't be anywhere near as severe as you people pretend to believe

you know it's bad when it's the flipping 3.0

Lmfao, keep praying.

corecocks are really scared

I hold both so, no.

4 Blocks left, cash hashpower slowly risign

I'm up 50% on BCH right now, watching the price like a hawk.

Retarget very soon, I have a feeling this is as high as we're going. Ready to dump at a moments notice.

It hasn't even broken out yet, it's going way up soon.

>It hasn't even broken out yet, it's going way up soon.

Why in the world would it break up when the difficulty adjustment is going to make BTC more profitable to mine and nothing fucking happens?

3 blocks 36mins.

when adjustment locks in next adjustment will happen in 2 weeks.. if miners switch after adjustmend locks in, next adujstment happens never..
we dont wait for the difficulty, we wait for the "next adjustment time lock"

ALL MINERS ARE SHIFTING BACK TO BITCOIN. SELL YOUR BITCOIN CRASH AND GET INTO BITCOIN

The dragon slayer shit? Ignore that, everyone already knew it was horseshit - it's been factored into the price already.

BCH is heading up to $2200 for a number of other reasons, such as coinbase strongly hinting they're adding BCH in January and the next upgrade on Jan 14.

I expect a number of people are rebuying the BCH they sold as well out of fear that the flippening is actually going to happen (it will, just more slowly than people expect).

1 block left 10 mins its happening

How many fucking times are you people gonna keep pushing back the flippening? First it was the death spiral on BTC, then it was the difficulty algorithm change for BCH, then it was the difficulty adjustment for BTC, and now it's even later?

CORECOIN FALLING

CASH MOONING

IT'S HAPPENING

idiot. it is always the death spiral and it only got prevented last time cause bithumb got ddosed

There will be no drawback.

I've converted so many normies explaining them that I quadrupled my initial stake thanks to Bitcoin Cash.

Normies FOMO when they hear someone made money, that's why they are normies.

1 block left.
showdown when?

10 PM UTC Korean Pump is scheduled to start. BTC DDOS attack started a short while ago. Unconfirmed Tx rising by the minute.

ITS LOCKED BITCHED

>time to slay the dragon

If you think you can predict the exact time a coin will rise or fall with information everyone else knows well in advance you're an idiot.

Bitcoin is a ticking time bomb at this point which is relying on dumb money to keep it afloat

it's going to differ at 30%

Keep thinking that.

>Unconfirmed Tx rising by the minute.
Yes, they rise every minute. and go down every 10 minutes

>Idiot! I've been wrong about everything, that means the probability that I'll finally be right is increasing!

kek

>It's funny cos it's true

all i know is this total fees number has risen considerably over the last 2 hours

No it's been pretty much stagnant swinging around 50k the last 8 hours.

It took a while for hash power to switch over last difficulty adjustment.

Also its not faster rising queue we'll have to watch for but lower frequency of queue dropping by a block's worth of transactions. Since block times are irregular in time used to mine, randomness can only be weeded out by observing over some hours.

We can always watch total hash power on other sites though.

46000 unconfirmed transactions.
and rising..
blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

hope it goes down by a fucking load soon.

meh so nothing going no then