WHAT IS GOING ON?

I want your serious opinion.
0 emotion.
Pure objectivity.

Listen, you spend everyday on this board, you follow all the coins, keep up with all the news, you understand Blockchain, you're a rationally intelligent 18-30 year old (hopefully white).

You think you're onto something, your first thought isn't Bitcoin like the normies, you know coins and see their potential....

But do you honestly deep down feel that this is the fucking future, will all shit this be a household in 5-10 years. I really wanna know who's in here to get out after some profits or who believes without a doubt they're onto the pinnacle/forefront of something simply amazing.

When you waste your time on this board, what are your intentions, do you think this is something that will stay with you for life? Does this game ever end?

I wakeup and I ask myself these dumb questions, when I see a normie and they question why the fuck I waste all my time doing this. Are they getting the last laugh? Is Chainlink actually going to go on and do great things? It seems so fucking weird to fathom.

I'm just in a state of disarray, currently have 110k, I'm age 20, no college debt, rent paid off for a year, have 6k in XMR.

But I wonder if I'm wasting all my fucking time, when I tell some people I do this they think I'm fucking insane, all my peers are broke normies, how am I possibly seeing something they don't? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Please put my thoughts back in line boys :(

Unplug and focus on something real - cash out a bit so if things go south you don't have infinite regrets.

Background / Perspective: I'm 33, math PhD and a job that pays 5k€ a month in Germany. Got into it in June and am at 4x now or so, 40k€ in crypto.
I don't have kids and have 1.5k€ per month that I don't have use for, so I "invest". I started smart contract programming about 2 months ago too, and this and that project will pay you crypto if you contribute (make pull request for whatever language you feel like writing a tool for, or just write examples). So that's actually 500€ or more extra per month.

I might not see beyond the sphere that we are in, but I've come to think that it's rather certain crypto will go up and up in the next 2 years, so it's better to hold crypto than having your money at the bank. Especially if your money saw one 2x, it's extremely unlikely it falls so far down that you're negative in total. Once you see 2x or more, you don't fear losing much and can easily invest big amounts.

As someone who vaguely knows 10 programming languages, knows how to write small guis, has written a bot for bittrex (which didn't make much money yet), does smart contracts, and has also worked in academic fields like quantum programming or knew about Galois field and elyptic curves already before 2013, my views have changes a lot in those months.

For one, I'm more or less at the point where I think the market is 90% hype. If you were to look into Metaverse (ETP) for example, and their github, you'd find nothing backing it up. On the flipside, if you were to look into ADA, you'd find they are ex ETH and ETC guys and have a lot of collabs with American academics. Doesn't matter.
.I work at a startup which does AI and such, 4 year old company, 300 folks and we're rather far away from IPO. It doesn't matter that Link are a few people only, it can still be a billion market coin. It doesn't make much sense.

To your quesiton, I'm afraid that ICO's and store of value are the "killer app" for blockchain, and there's little point in all the tech. To be honest.

eliptic*

This.

We are early adopters, you just need to spice it up -stop sheareing whit normies, let it be your secret -like superhero!

We are early, we are special, /biz makes you forget about it bit its all larping bro.

Honestly i see no future in crypto, just riding the wave until everything burns down

And this user is right to.

9/10 market is hype and promises.
Expect crashes, scams, few will rise as big dogs.

Pathetic, this guy gave us a beautifully written post and you nitpick the spelling of one word.

That was me myself, though :^)

>I'm more or less at the point where I think the market is 90% hype.

I would say only 50% of the market is hype. Bitcoins as reserve currency proves to be a solid value. Ether to some lesser extent because of its market cap and inflationary nature. The rest of alts are priced on purely speculation value.

Buying alts at today's ATH prices are in fact an extremely high risk premium when calculated in retrospect in terms of the reserve currency.

Anyone that bought and held Eth at the ATH and traded Bitcoins for it- today, even at a return to USD ATH, now realize a massive 66% loss in reserve currency value.

When you combine the knowledge that people hold alts only to speculate on their future value, and current values are subject to devaluation by the reserve currency (on a regular basis as we have seen), the true risk premium of alts approaches 100% over the long term.

Provably, most coins are going to be totally worthless in the future. When even the BEST projects / altcoins can deliver a 66% loss in relative value you begin to understand how high the risk premium is trading reserve currencies for speculative ones.

This market of inflated alt prices represents future wealth destruction for the vast majority of holders and corresponding real value increases for holders of the reserve currency. Thats pretty much my thesis after 7 months of intensive participation in the market.

>when I tell some people
Stop.
Problem solved.

interesting, do you get paid to develop the smart contracts like a freelancer or is this like a bug bounty program?

Considering there were talks of Iran adopting bitcoin and zimbabwe has already, I'd say there's a potential for alt coins. The real question however, is whether or not the petrodollar system will crush the cryptostage or if crypto will prevail.

I speculate too - I try to look out for coins that can attract critical mass of good devs in the ecosystem - leading to a steady stream of news that the civilians need.

I don't know if this will work out, but I actually could live with losing my 40k€ tomorrow and would onestly not care too much, as my monthly wagey income is twice as much as I spend anyhow.
So better aim high and risk.

Of course, this is the future. It may not seem like that right now, but in honesty we are the "early adopters".
Search credit card history and you might see similarities.
You sound cool, would you marry me?
t. spic

most people simply don't think beyond the present. they're too blinded by present things like love, job security, politics that every time they hear "bitcoin new ath" they just chalk it up to another missed opportunity and continue moving forward.

use case for crypto to restrictive, people forget to factor this in

not everything needs a blockchain to make it work but you hear about everything being put in a blockchain these days

What are your long term coins then user?

Yes. This is the forefront of a new paradigm. You aren't crazy to think that. Chances are you're of slightly above average intelligence with a penchant for abstract concepts, and a particular interest in electronics/internet. You've got to remember that the crypto space is mostly made up of people like that. But the normal world -- we are outsiders, bizarros, radicals -- we are the crazy uncle who rambles on and on about a new age of libertarian economic ideals being realized. We literally seem like zealots to the normies. Do not be discouraged by this, and don't be hateful -- people who don't fit the description I mentioned at the outset of this post literally CAN'T dance in this abstract space. There is no possible way for them to "see" what the rest of us see - a post-fiat world economy dominated exclusively by digital currencies. But don't feel sorry for them or yourself, and don't be crestfallen that they aren't on board. Just keep investing and as developers continue to take crypto into the realm of practicality - make your appeal to the normies then. Once crypto can be used to buy starbucks, take your friends out for a drink, man, and let them SEE the reality for themselves, physically. And hold on to your tickets, gentleman, because 2018 is the year that MANY more people will see the vision.

Blockchain tech is absolutely here to stay in some form. The currencies i'm not as sure on.

I'm not exactly sure why people think bitcoin is anything other than a currency excluding times of "speculative inflation" because it appears to be closely related to a money velocity definition for value. I agree with sentiments that the market is a majority hype, and I have no idea how a vast majority of these technologies will ever be competitive when fighting Google, Amazon, Dropbox, and other massive businesses which provide solutions that are "good enough." Projects that can either be competitive or open a whole new market are the only ones I imagine will make it past 2025. Personally, I do not see BTC being a big player in that future - it might act like the cryptosphere's dollar - stable & mostly just used as a standard of measurement.

I believe the most successful projects will be accounting & finance related (data entry/publishing, liquidity, secure transfers) and legal/contract related (notarization and other authentication). Until there is a change in what we need to consider something as "good enough" for things like cloud storage, store & transfer of wealth, etc., I don't see anything beyond finance/accounting/legal sticking past a few enthusiasts.

Honestly. Most alt coins are just penny stocks that 99% are gonna lose out on. I genuinely feel some of the big ones, BTC (i dunno maybe BCH), ethereum are gonna be real big things in the coming few years. It's like investing in apple, amazon early stages.

we crazy uncle now

I checked ark's repo and the bounty program looks great, thanks user.

Are you seeing only BTC and ETH as the (relatively) safe inestments?

These are the foundation for distributed governance. This is the internet 4.0 we are creating.

everyone will be on the blockchain in the next 10-15 years. it will literally be "the blockchain" the way we have "the internet"
as for our coins dunno thats just to make moeny

i crazy uncel

>Are you seeing only BTC and ETH as the (relatively) safe inestments?

Absolutely.

Can't have blockchain without token of value to secure it. That is why bitcoin as currency is the first use case