Work a good paying job

>work a good paying job
>have money saved up
>decent amount in crypto
>drive a beat up ass car
>parents/family keep nagging me "when are you gonna buy a new car, user?
>realize i do need a new car but keep thinking about how wasteful it is to spend money on a new or newish car when i can invest in bitcoin or ether and make it grow rather than spending on car that's going to depreciate as soon as i buy it.

am i so wrong? should i just ignore the normies and keep driving my shitbox but i am kind of embarrassed of it at this point too.

Up to you
Tru gainers dont give a fuck

fuck em. people that encourage you to buy shit you don't need aren't people that you should take advice from.

Does your car work? No new car.

buy +-2 years old low-maintenance car

Depending on your definition of "shitbox", but I just shelled out 3k for a 15 year old (japanese) car and as far as I'm concerned that's my trouble free motoring sorted for the next decade

I ride around on a beat up motorcycle, haven't bothered to fix my car in a year despite having the funds and eat nothing but rice and beans.

Drive it till critical parts fail and then get a used one with low mileage. I've gone through 3 cars like this. Also it's your money. You decide. You're not wrong if you don't see the point in getting a new car if your old one still works.

fuck them
fuck status
GAIN WEALTH

Just make sure you drive a safe car. Can't enjoy your sweet gains if you're dead from Mr. Drunk Driver McBumblefuck.

Why do you listen to normalfags? Do you want their brain rot to infect you too?

My boy

it runs fine but some things are messed up. Air conditioning/heat doesn't work properly, audio doesn't work. Ride is kind of uncomfortable as it makes all kinds of clunky sounds.

You aren't wrong. Buying new cars all the time is a big normie waste of money to keep you poor and waged cucked. It's really dumb if you're buying boring new cars because no one gives a fuck that you have a new Toyota or Buick or whatever.

A decent brand 10-15+ years old is going to be very inexpensive to maintain.

I'm worth $11 MM, and yeah I just put in a deposit for a Tesla Roadster. But I've never bought a new car before, and spending this obviously isn't going to require I work or limit my options.

>Worth $11 million
>Giving a car company an interest free $300,000 loan to give you a car between 2 and 5 years from now.

Ok.

deposit isn't the full price. It's probably like 50k at most. not a lot of money if he really has 11mm.

cars are a waste of money unless you drive for uber or something. Amazon delivers everything to your house. Uber delivers you to bars and you dont get DUIs. you should be working from home by now, it's current year. fancy cars to get laid is a meme by people who dont know how to get laid.

I opted for the regular edition for a $50k deposit.

Idk, it's just a toy. I'm not keen on buying real estate or anything, not sure what else I'd want to purchase that's expensive.

This is what making it truly is.
Add to your crypto stack.
Buy nothing that isn't essential.
Add more to your crypto stack.
Own your property.
Add even more to your crypto stack.
Diversify into land, rental units, stocks, precious metals.
Reinvest any profit into crypto.
There's no stopping that train.

My affection?

Will it really have the 2 second 0-60 acceleration though? It's insane.

I'm sitting on 40k that I've made from 1k at the beginning of this year (bless you crypto gods), but I'm still eating ramen and being cheap as shit

Just pay to fix what's wrong with your car if it doesn't have engine problems. If it does buy a used car for no more than 5k. Car notes are a meme I wish I never fell for.

when you learn that you can x10 your money, why would you spend anything in a depreciating asset like a car?

Just buy something like a Subaru or a Toyota when you finish putting miles on your car. Toyota/Lexus Trucks especially don't depreciate hard and last a very long time. Its only a waste when you look at it as a car payment and lease a new car every 2-3 years (or worse buy one every 2-3 years).

Eventually you'll hit your breaking point going to work where you'll be like "fuck this shit" and catch yourself looking for a car.

Yeah honestly those numbers look like something a 12 year old would write out for their imaginary dream car with no regard for physics or cost. Honestly the tires are a huge limiting factor so I don't know how they managed that. They may reduce the specs as time goes on idk.

I feel like Tesla has a good brand image too that's not a bunch of snotty guidos or fat old dudes. I feel like I could actually drive this thing relatively normal places without attracting too much attention.

Good for you. Be really careful about lifestyle inflation. Bask mostly in the comfort of being insulated from worry.

If you really wanted to and didn't care about throwing 200 bucks a month away on a car you could easily lease a Hyundai or put in that same amount of money monthly into LINK and drive a lambo in 2 years

This is literally me

I have 50k in crypto and drive an 01 honda accord I picked up for 800 bucks lol. Only problem is that a lot of hookups run the other way when they see it

If you don't have too much trouble with it, than stick with it. After holding your new car for 2/3 years it's price will go down drasticly, while your coins will take you to the moon.

Do YOU want a new car and can afford it?
Then buy one
Do YOU not want a new car or can't afford it?
Don't buy one

It's not complicated.
Also, if you want the climate or radio fixed, I recommend trying to do it yourself. I myself am not that good with cars either but can change a lightbulb, battery, oil etc. The satisfaction you get from fixing things by yourself is something you can't buy with money.

Just Uber when you're dating

kek are you me?
I do want to buy a new car though, just don't know when and which. I feel bad about cashing out a couple thousands just to buy a car but at some point I'll have to do it.

Hope you like it when you finally get one bro.

You are not wrong. But a beta faggot for even asking the question.

No you're not wrong. Ignore the capitalism jew. There's no needs to get a new car all the damn time.

I've been driving the same damn truck for 13 years and it still works great except for the driver side window getting stuck all the time. The only reason I get new phones and computers every few years is because new technology demands it.

The thing about an old car is that you will have to pay money in unexpected breakdowns when shit stops working. A new car with a payment will have predictable expenses, but you are buying a car, and that costs $$$

Cars as a status symbol is the biggest meme known to man. Don't be embarrassed of what you drive, be a cool human being once you get to your destination. There's literally no reason to posture to normies about how much wealth you have.

Buy a new hybrid, take care of it, and I think it'll be a good investment insofar as you won't be paying for broken transmissions, liquid coolant leaks, etc.

Did you make it from crypto? It so, what are your next moves in the space?

buy second hand or part exchange.

new cars depreciate faster

I was in this situation, eventually broke down and bought a vehicle. Only cost 1BTC which was less than 10% of my portfolio and now I have something to show for cryptotrading even if it later goes to 0. Also got my dad to actually believe me that my internet moneys was worth something and I could actually cashout so that was nice.

Fuck them, cars are a total waste of money.

I bought a 2012 used Vauxhall (Opel) Corsa in cash for £4000 with 26,000 miles on and driving it now still while all my peers have PCP contract or leased entry level BMW / Mercs they can't afford and don't even own.

If you buy into the normie meme that having an entry level BMW on finance while living paycheck to paycheck means you made it then go ahead buy a new car despite not needing one.

OR

Wait until you can afford a lambo due to having so much disposable income it doesn't matter anymore.

it's also literally useless aside from beating someone off the line. only normies enjoy drag racing, teslas are easily beaten in any real circuit race by average cars.

>people laugh when they see my car

I bought a used BMW two years ago and wish I put that money in crypto instead. I love the car but the 9k I spent on it would be worth a stupid amount if I put it in crypto

>driving back home from work
>look in mirror and see car with roasties behind me
>they drive too close but I'm already on the speedlimit
>next light is red and they pull up to the side
>while we wait at the red light hear them giggling
>feelsbadman

>It runs fine

There you go. I have a great job and my crypto portfolio is even better. I'm still driving my 2004 Civic because she's a trooper.

model s feels absolutely amazing to drive though, normal cars can't compete. feels like you're driving a sci-fi car

Im in this same situation. My car is falling apart but I will drive this thing into the dirt if I have to.

>embrace minimalism
>acquire crypto
>become wealthy