Where do you guys keep your hardware wallets ?

where do you guys keep your hardware wallets ?

i'm afraid to keep mine at home because if there's a fire or something it will get destroyed. i dont want to put it in a lockbox at the bank because they can take things.

wat do ?

kill urself faggit

memorise your 24 word recovery seed and carry your bank in your brain

Buy a fireproof safe. They aren't even thay expensive.

mines in a fireproof lockbox at my parent's house. they live in a good neighborhood.

Reddit, leave

im afraid i got one of the words wrong in my seed

Mine is at home with my recovery passphrase locked up in my dad's gunsafe at his house. Obviously wouldn't work for anyone that doesn't have someone they'd trust with their life with no second thoughts.

Do you have relatives you trust? I keep a copy of the seed phrase hidden inside the house (think behind drywall, taped behind a mirror, or underneath a floorboard). I keep another one in a different house hidden as well. As long as you have a decent pin, even if it got stolen you'd have ample time to get a second one, use the seed phrase, and move everything.

My hardware wallet is on my keyring or next to my PC. The lock out time doubles each wrong pin entered literally unhackable.

My seed is in a 180kg fireproof Safe.

i want the silver one but just couldn't find it

What if there is a fire inside the fireproof box? What do you do then?

You should have two and keep one always on your person and one in a safe at home.

You'll need to always carry a knife or gun to protect the hardware wallet you're carrying. And it goes without saying that you need to carry it in such a way that you would never lose it.

Then the fire would be contained to the box and my trezor would be safe.

Losing a hardware wallet literally doesn't matter

but your seed is lost

Fuck your mother cuz I wanna fuck!

Do safes often catch on fire?

how do i double check if my seed works

Put it in a fire proof box inside the fire proof box duh

Why not find 3 pieces of paper, such that you need atleast two pieces to be able to recover it ?

probably going to buy the nano ledger s
cuz of black friday sale, is trezor better or basically the same?

Basically the same

Trezor is slightly more secure, but nano ledger S has a fancier screen that makes it feel like its from the future

>on my body at all times...
>also carrying glock 19 at all times with round chambered
>how else would you keep valuables?

not even LARPing either, tho I know were not exactly in the era of hardware wallet muggings

ono

Friendly reminder that the ledgernano is easier to stuff in your rectum in case it gets THAT bad.

in my ass

I've tattooed my seed words onto my body in random locations and only I know the correct order

these guys fuck

seriously, if you haven't thought of these, you're literally a brainlet.

I'm surprised some of these people don't keep the Seed taped to the device.

open a fucking old tech device, like an old radio, VHS player, something that a stealer wouldn't steal, and put your seed in.
pretend to keep it because muh nostalgia

Ledger in my house is fine

I keep my backup key with my mommy in a fireproof safe :^)

I just store my seeds in a notepad file on my desktop.

send proof

Do those wallets contain batteries? If so they could ignite