/3pl general/ Third Party Logistics Brokerage

Been working a new job at a 3pl and after months of track and trace they are finally giving me that sweet CSR status to start brokering. Looking to discuss with others in the industry and speculate on how the upcoming E-Log regulation is going to completely change everything.

Also to share tips and tricks on brokering

>What is 3pl?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_logistics

>Looking for a 3pl
inboundlogistics.com/cms/top-100-3pls/

>Looking for carriers/loads
dat.com/load-boards

If brokers and carriers play the market right I believe there is a lot of money to be made.

>inb4 wft dude this is a crypto currency broad

Today I was hunting for a Reading to Hinkley OH for $450. Got it for $525

Was I jipped?

Does anyone do any actual business on this board?

Buy LINK or ARK

honestly DOVU is more relevant

Why would I want to never cash out?

Crypto is nice and all but SOMEONE on this board must do some actual real world finance and brokering right?

I've worked in freight forwarding and truckload brokerage for the past 3 years out of college. Truckload brokerage is a relatively dead end job OP and the market is trending away from brokers being needed at all. I guess it beats doing tracking in the meantime.

Might as well banner this,

Is there any non-crypto business you do?

Hey thanks for posting this, I’m a new owner operator and it looks like that second link is a good place to start looking for brokers for loads

nah, we all got rich with crypto

OP based on this thread you unironically need to look at the coming ShipChain ICO.

Alrighty have a $6 billion dollar shipping partner

ShipChain.io

You're welcome.

I disagree. With companies focusing more on marketing and product focus in the next few years the market is open for handing off logistical worries to brokers.

Your welcome user.

Pro time the first offer you get is always nothing, an Atlanta to Valpo should be around 700-1k. Of course this was pre-black friday so who knows what Consignees will pay in the next month

You don't think new products like Uber freight will gain steam? Brokers are sometimes an unnecessary middle man when carriers can be matched directly with shippers with the right technology.

It strains resources in my opinion. To run your own freight you have to dedicate actual man power to load organization and negotiating. Throwing money at it and having some other shuck worry about booking last minute final count down Black Friday freight is the corporate way,
Can you pave your own driveway for cheaper?
Absolutely. But that's time you could have used to make money more efficiently.

What worries me is how E logs will no longer let me push a Chicago to New York no matter how much money I want to pay. DoT also cracking down on super stupid team rules.

Might give it a look.

Give me the quickest rundown and a yes no if it's shortable

No? Guess it's a scam

Back to truck posting

What you guys thing a So Cal to Illinois should cost for say 30 pallets around 43000lb?

As i'm sure you already know, rates out of CA are really high right now. If you check DAT rateview i'm sure its 4-5k.

Also always check load board first. We post there when extra desperate to get something moved.

>Pls keep secret user

I booked about a 4.5k on monday that kept falling off. I was worried I was under cutting.

How do you thing carriers will take to the new E-log enforcement?

Rumor around the office is that down the line the DoT is going to get spooky levels of Big Brother with it

No, do your own research. Look at their twitter if you want some interesting articles on it. Really don't care if you get in the ICO either way. Just being nice.

4.5k is about right

t. 43,000 lb Bulk shipper

Having trouble getting anything out of ON. Every Carrier (mostly Canadians) Screw with me and never get there on time or even give a shit.
I know most just want an excuse to come down an made mad money going back up but no one gives a shit about my loads when coming down.

How is the carrier density of US carriers coming back from Canada in your opinion?

Also how do you feel about the E logs? I haven't got a real honest view from a carrier. You worried about the Big brother DoT shit in the next few years?

Bump

>tfw when want nothing to do with trucks after crashing one and getting fired :--DDD