Git good at crypto

ITT: We teach each other about cryptocurrencies.

Post a coin that you've never researched or that you've researched but still don't understand how it works, and other anons will explain that coin to you.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1354220.1160
discord.gg/ahSAawG
ripple.com/insights/news/ripple-the-gates-foundation-team-up-to-level-the-economic-playing-field-for-the-poor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've researched every coin.

Buy LINK.

give me the /rundown/ on iota

i once read into it but forgot everything since. Something about there being no fees or something?

I'll start:

Ripple.

It just sits there in the top 5 and nobody ever talks about it. What the fuck is it?

I have also researched every coin.

Buy Link

WHATS THE POINT YOU CANT CASH OUT

DCORP please. What's the deal with this thing? Like what's the basic premise besides deriv exchange and venture capital and how will they execute all that?

Iota ... it's a cash grab trying to use the internet-of-things (IOT) buzzword to get money from idiots. (Well, maybe the founder is one of the idiots too.) The basic idea -- that low-powered internet-of-things devices would do some mining in order to pay for network connections / data sharing / whatever -- is ridiculous. And then there's the fact that it's not actually decentralized at all: it currently relies on a central server. They claim the "tangle" system prevents double-spends, but ... it doesn't at all. The central server exists to patch over that entire glaring oversight. They claim to be getting rid of the central server soon, but they're either not going to because tangle doesn't actually prevent double-spends, or they do it anyway and things are going to crash and burn hilariously.

Just for funsies: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1354220.1160

Also: any crypto that advertises "low fees" as one of its main points only manages that because low volume combined with the altruism of the current network. Few of the current "low fees" systems can scale up and stay "low fees".

Cross border payment medium. Basically, you buy ripple and send it to someone, and they sell it.

XLM does this better, because it doesn't have PoW mining, allows you to set your own trusted places to buy/sell lumens, and it supports mappings of lumens to real assets like fiat.

Blocknet

How the fuck it works?

You can cash out.

Ripple is centralized and the supply is mainly controlled by one company. Not a lot of overlap of interest with people interested in actually decentralized cryptocurrencies.

But... you can. There's plenty of exchanges that let you give them bitcoin and get USD out into your bank account. (There's very few that do altcoinUSD directly though. The normal thing is to find one exchange to trade bitcoin and altcoins, and then a different exchange to trade bitcoin and dollars.)

>two replies to the same person
fuck

Neo and Ripple

In order to make a transaction, the user has to confirm the validity of two previous transactions and then do some proof-of-work (to avoid a spam attack). Thus, each user "pays" for his own transaction by the electricity he uses to do the confirmations and PoW, so there's no need for fees, or even miners or the generation of new coins.

This structure of txns which each point to two previous txns is called the tangle. There is no blockchain in IOTA. It's just the tangle.

I'm not 100% sure how the validity of a txn is checked, but I know it has to do with picking a random set of edge nodes (new txns) and seeing what percentage of those txns directly or indirectly point to said txn (the one you're trying to verify). If the percentage is high enough to be statistically impossible that the txn is invalid, then it gets confirmed. Something like that.

Neo is an Ethereum-wannabe. More exposure in the Chinese markets since the devs are Chinese, but the tech is still way beta and nowhere near the maturity of Ethereum.

IOTA :c

discord.gg/ahSAawG

We talk about anything related to crypto currencies. Our channel is meant to teach and offer opportunities to those looking to make money in crypto.

I'm planning on buying $200 bucks of it regardless and will check back on it in a couple years.

Tell me about NXS and ASTRO. I've researched them a little. The former sounds like some grandiose anarcho-utopian bullshit, but the stuff about satellites has me curious and hungry. The latter sounds too good to be as good as they say it will be, but I'm a sucker for the promise of passive income. Shill or FUD, I'll take whatever you've got.

$50 into many lowly newer coins have the potential to explode. I made 50k off the whole Useless Ethereum Token bout from a $500 early investment.

My favorite part of IOTA is the devs insistence that ternary is the future.

Ternary is ... something a bored CS student plays with and submits a homework assignment using on April Fool's day. It's an quirky holds-up-spork random thing to do. It's not an accidentally-ignored path to more efficient processors that Iota is leading the industry into. It's like doing your math in roman numerals or something stupid like that.

0.3% of my crypto holdings are Neo. The concept of Neo is okay. It's not anywhere near a completely broken fractal of idiocy (see Iota) that the only hope for is the dev team gets killed be simultaneous meteor strikes and gets adopted by someone who has even half a clue. The tech can get better. I'm just betting more of my limited funds into other cryptos than on neo.

Deluded

now someone tell me about this LINK guy, whats he up to

Somebody explain Dash please.

Thank you for this thread. what the FUCK is NEM (XEM)?

It went 10x once. Thats about it

A lot of people baghold it. Mostly people who think that banking is going to be the reason it appreciates.

There was never any reason to believe Ripple holders would be paid for XRP tokens and to date there is no official figures on actual bank adoption, the source of so-called "demand". It has and probably is being used- and thus tokens are being 'burned'- but the inflated supply of the currency relative to the actual use is really and truly absurdly high.

For example 1 XRP ($0.20) could transfer the value of approximately 1,000,000 transactions before being "extinguished". Thus the daily volume of a large bank should in theory be possible to be accomplished for chump change.

For hodlers of XRP, I seriously doubt their tokens will be worth much. On a rare pump or sustained news, XRP can punch up 10-20%- or just as likely, and mostly vs. Bitcoin, down. It seems preternaturally disposed to settle around 3000 sats.

I really think their devs are just keeping it going to get a kick out of being so utterly and totally rich. Estimated net worth of the top token holders (at today's prices ) is probably ridiculous, like Fortune 500. Sure, they're already millionaires with guaranteed lives. But for right now, they will be siphoning just enough to keep the price high... to buy private jets, property, a whatever else they want.

I think the concept makes almost as much sense as the previously established Ethereum tokens, but so far few ICOs have really proved themselves with real products yet, so I don't know how much good the comparison does.

Dash was an early privacy-focused cryptocurrency. It relies on centralized mixers. Newer privacy cryptocurrencies like Monero and Zcash use newer better cryptography and completely knock it out of the park in being way more anonymous and being less centralized than Dash.

Myriad, super low volume for Bittrex.

NEM (XEM) please

ive literally only see people say “jap mystery coin, who knows”

The only legit DAG tech is byteball.

ShipChain.io

some user told me to buy this in another thread. is it shortable?

Saw this thread and thought I'd leave this here. This is the floor. Notice how it turns into that, how it's leveling off. This would be a good time to get in if you think it'll go up higher. Dyor as usual but I'm happy to talk about it

>The former sounds like some grandiose anarcho-utopian bullshit,

You know everything you need to know about NXS already, user.

If only they'd change their name.

what is the point of niggercoin?

More than any other coin, I absolutely fucking hate IOTA fan boys.

Post your bags, pls. I'm always interested hear what fellow IOTA h8rs hold.

As for me, I could use teaching on how Substratum and Mysterium Network work. One is working towards a decentralized web using blockchain some fucking how, and the other, a VPN service. Using a decentralized VPN and paying with my fat stack of tokens sounds really, really /comfy/ so I don't know why it's not more popular.

Also wondering wtf xem is

To legally own, buy and sell niggers obviously

45% BTC
20% ETH
12% Zcash
6% Monero
4% LTC
2% Augur
2% LINK
2% Golem
1% BAT

Monaco $mco when that new card is in my hands will it outplay every rewards program available

Fuck off cunt

What did Leonardo DiCaprio do to hurt ya mate? I bet you don't even have any POWR lel

Explain HST to me.

How does it work? What problems does it aim to solve?

Saw some threads about it a few days ago. I remember there was something about the United Nations.

The volume is huge, the price is low so people buy in, but its not going to grow with the cap.

>pretty conservative
yeah kek. I'm more of a jv moon rocketeer cuz poor but I was on fire this week.

>zcash
Why this over ZEN? I hold ZEN and it's been treating me well, I can't get behind the zcash devs after tose "optional backdoor" tweets. I was fanatical for zcash until that. It's hard for me to get over the trusted set up in combination with all that.

>Sub and Myst

I hope these don't fall into the same stagnation of Sia, trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. I see real use cases for a decentralized web and VPN, but maybe it's a pipe dream right now. Personally, I'd use both these product tomorrow if I could.

also fuck BTC all in on ETH, maybe hedge with ELLA or XEM (fuck NEO

>Two replies to the same post

CAN NO ONE EXPLAIN NEWECONOMYMOVEMENT TO ME

COME ON

I'm super new. Where do you get these charts?

i dont trust the rumors of neo being the chinese coin and i think neo is a great coin. just bought for a 2 month double.

On every exchange. Just click on a coin on coinmarketcap.com, the on markets tab, there you see the exchanges there the coin is traded. If you click on the trading pair (e.g. ETH/BTC), it usually takes you to the trading page of the exchange - tadaa.

Fun fact: one of the guys who is involved with Ripple is a friend of a number of George Soros affiliates.

Bill Gates also has partnered with them, I suspect because he wants to use it in third world countries and places like Africa down the road:

ripple.com/insights/news/ripple-the-gates-foundation-team-up-to-level-the-economic-playing-field-for-the-poor/

They seem to be hoping it will become useful to banking down the road but I don't know if that will make it worth something or not.

tnx

What is bitcoin?

If the Jews are getting in on it, shouldn't we?

Smart contracts. And that is the basic concept, but each one is genius if executed. Venture capital is going to be good because even if 9 projects they/we fund flop, the tenth will be a moon mission. One of the things that the DCorp voters will like would be (just for example) a 10% token air drop to Dcorp holders based on how many DCorp they have. I think that alone is worth the current price. But then the derivatives! That won't be coming until later, so it's still got time to accumulate on. But derivative market for stocks is like 10x the GDP of the entire planet, lol. So it can get big in crypto, if even 1 percent of the daily volume is in derivatives, then DCORP holders will benefit greatly. I can see it being 100x at that point, and I probably still wouldn't sell my coins because they pay dividends from transactions on the derivative exchange. I would like to know how often the dividend payout is/will be

Can someone explain to me what ARK is all about? I tried looking into it but this autistic fucker was comparing it to fucking Carnegie and J.P. Morgan

I don't know much about it, really. It's Asian? Seriously, I'll look into it more, lol

>I'm not 100% sure how the validity of a txn is checked, but I know it has to do with picking a random set of edge nodes (new txns) and seeing what percentage of those txns directly or indirectly point to said txn (the one you're trying to verify). If the percentage is high enough to be statistically impossible that the txn is invalid, then it gets confirmed. Something like that.
It doesn't work like that. That's why they have centralized it.

Ark is not only the Lisk killer but the version of Lisk that crypto has always deserved. Instead of bending over to serve the delegates, Ark created a truly decentralized product, and the delegates will need to join crypto instead of crypto joining the delegates. Not only does it preform Lisk's single, narrow, and fully cucked use case BETTER -- Ark is the first decentralized DPoS that allows anyone to securely provide smartbridge with access to key external data, off-chain payments, and literally ANY OTHER API YOU CAN DREAM UP. Anyone can now engrain off-chain data directly onto the blockchain in a DECENTRALIZED way and use that data to directly inform trustless smartbridges. This is the skeleton key we've been waiting for to actualize the blockchain in real world use cases. Whats the price for someone to use this revolutoinary service? ARK coins.

why are people so obsessed with link? can anyone give me good reasoning why it should hit a lot more in the future?