Post your biggest missed opportunity

Post your biggest missed opportunity.

Don't be shy. We all fucked up big time otherwise we wouldn't be here.

I bought 2 BTC in 2011/12 to buy some online stuff. Was thinking of buying 10-15 more BTC for future usage in case I needed to buy more stuff. In the end I didn't coz I was too lazy to login and do a bank transfer.

I didn't listen to my coworker who sat next to me who talked constantly about Ethereum in January. He has now quit and is living in Bali.

you think thats bad, i was gonna buy it when digg was still around. But my dad beat me over "financial discussion" so i never brought it up again, even though i wanted to use my own money.

I was there in the beginning, or at least around when slashdot started writing articles about bitcoin.

Played with trying to get a mining thing going, but then gave up because I'd rather play vidya.

Remember seeing bitcoin when it was like $1 or less, thought about mining it but watched some shitting video that shit it was pointless to mine because it was something like 4c a day or shit can't remember so didn't bother.
Though if I did I would probably be here telling you how I mined a 100 coins and cashed them out for a $1 so I guess just as well

got a car instead of more btc ~2400 don't feel bad op, we will all neck our selves one day and have a nice laugh about it.

Starting mining in like 2011/2012 on my gaming PC but turned it off cause it made me lag.

Bought 90 bitcoin between 2013 and 2017 but spent it all on drugs online.

I always believed in the tech but literally only have 0.5 bitcoin to show for it atm.

poorfag here,
Sold ETH at $10
Didn't buy Antshares

Your dad sound like a faggot.

Oh I am so glad I never brought drugs with btc back in the day, I would be kicking the shit out of myself today

I learned about BTC in 2011 on Krautchan and could have easily bought a couple thousands with the money I had.

But considering I don't do drugs, I didn't look into it - even more so since user shills a lot of shit for the wrong reasons, tries to trick people into scams ....

Again encountered it in early 2013 on Y-Combinator and thought that maybe I should buy some (then around $5). Could still have bought 500 to 1000. But I was too lazy and too distracted to do it.

Started to FOMO hard when it reached $20 and then found out you cannot just buy it with a credit card and have it mailed to you. Between that and getting on exchanges, it rose to $70 and I bought only 10. Still not bad (blew 5 of them on failed investments), but I could retire if I had acted early.

I had an opportunity at $.05 to buy in.. the guy telling me about it was saying if I would just put $100 in I would be a millionaire in a few years.. I couldnt even afford tv at the time and lived with roaches, bedbugs and mexicans at the time and was more or less starving. I figured it was a scam.

Bought ANS, but sold right before it turned into NRO

I only started crypto 2 weeks ago

i didnt say the whole story, but he partially blinded me in one eye, thanks to bitcoin im on disability welfare for life.

Learned about BTC in 2011 and didn't buy because I thought it was just for drugs.
Tons of other missed opportunities missed in early 2017 because I was a clueless noob.

Me too

We are still in way early mate.

bought 15 btc at 400 a year ago
Sold at 1200 in February
Haven't looked at crypto till yesterday

I don't regret anything

Finger on the button about to buy a shit-ton of BTC for silk road weed because I was in a new city with no hookups back in 2011ish. Last second didn't because it would end up "costing more" in the long run.

Also asshole accountant on my floor at work would not stfu about ETH in the summer. Never looked into it out of spite... I got in at 280 but feelsbadman.

sold 20,000 btc for 100$ 2011...........

I bought 30 eth at $7, held them until about two weeks ago. Was stuck at 300 for what seemed like a year. Right after I sold it started going up. Past 400 now

Friend told me about BTC back in 2013. Literally went and read the Wiki article on it, going "oh, ok".

In the game since June 2017.

Meant to buy a couple of $k worth of BTC in summer 2011 (exact dates were 27/28 July - I know cos still got browser history on repaired old laptop) but broke screen on laptop and didn't get new one for a few weeks, by which time forgot about BTC until it started appearing in MSM.

Second biggest missed opportunity was years 2013 onwards when I still could have bought BTC but never did because always thinking "Bah it's too late now". Especially Summer 2014 when I had about $40k savings (just got back from Afghan deployment and was leaving Army) and could have put it into crypto but decided to waste it all going back to college ffs.

Didn't finally buy some until late 2015 (about $100 worth to buy modafinil) and even then didn't get into it properly until Sept 2017 when I noticed the $40 or so of BTC I had leftover from then had gone up to about $400 in value.

Was reading about btc on /g/ for weeks
almost got into mining, tried to find a source to buy some btc, with no luck.
Forgot about it.
Time flew by, read /g/, BTC 32$ each.
Forgot about it. Got interested in what LTC does. Tried to buy some, no luck. Forgot about it.
BTC hits 1k$. LTC hits 8$
Start mining alts with two GPUs. Get around 6-7 LTC.
Can't find wallet anymore. It's just gone. Forgot about it.
My biggest missed opportunity was to tell her, "I regret nothing" instead of "fuck off, just move on with your life".
God I wish I could turn time back and say this to her.

Had 800k USD of LINK. Thought it would go higher. Could have sold for 800k, rebought my stack at 250k USD and been rich. I'd be travelling right now.

Instead I had to diversify and try to build it up again. I think about it every minute of the day right now.

Bought Btc for $1000 during the first pump. Thought I was retarded. Needed cash and sold for $300

Your dad should be executed.

You could have got in at the high a few months back. Then you really would be in hell.

Pic related.

Also didn't start mining in 2010 cuz I just installed mac on my pc and there was no miner available for mac os x at the time :)))))))))))

Why the fuck did you buy ETH and sell at a loss so quickly? Not even a month went by. Did you need those $300 to fuel a crack or heroin addiction?

traded a 100 dollar giftcard for 8 bct years ago blew it on vps's and vpn's. At today's rate that's more than 2 years of my current salary. I contemplate putting a bullet in my head daily.

holy shit you fucked up big time. live and learn I guess

Bought 14000 elite at $.09 knowing it was likely a pnd scam. Went to $1.60 then crashed all the way back down bc scam. Was away from all my devices, didnt even know it went to $1.60 til it became a dead coin.

I did the exact same thing user. I thought about this for 2 weeks. Don't worry....you still gonna make it.

yeah. if i get just a couple of other opportunities mooning i will have recovered. but the opportunities are growing thinner now, the space grows more competitive by the day. couldn't get into chainlink if it was running now two months later.

i had the chance to buy bitcoin when it was around during the dotcom bubble but instead i listened to my dad and put all my savings into pets.com.

Started to mine Bitcoin on my pc many years ago when I was like 14 years old. Quit because I thought 0.01 coins per day didn't seem like that much.