Will ETH go back up to $500?

>mfw I put close to 50% of my portfolio into ETH at $484 on Gdax an it's not going up and the volume is shrinking
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why would you do that?

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but its going to dump really hard. Sell now and buy back in at $420. Thank me later.

>buy high

good job

protip
40% btc buy low HODL
25% eth buy low HODL
25% LTC buy low HODL
5%XMR buy low HODL
5% meme coins shit coin profit/loss

Because I thought for sure it would go to $500. I mean it was almost there.
What makes you say this? Why wouldn't it go to $500?

damn thats some honest advice user

And someone here finally knows what they're doing

It's thanksgiving weekend op. Relax. The fact that it's holding steady at the current price after last weeks launch is a very positive sign.

The real question is, how low will it dip? I don't think its gonna go all the way down to $300 again.

OP, just HODL. Good chance ETH will go past $1k eventually.

Is $465 too high of an entry point?

Unrelated note but

>/qa/ = Question and Answer board
>has no IDs
>mfw I go through every single thread posting shit like "Ok I figured it out guys nvm. Thank you all."
>Watch as posters lose their shit
Seriously why the fuck wouldn't that board have IDs lol

Buy now it's literally never going below $470 again. Look at the support.

Perfect mixing. Just not enough xmr.

why waste your time shilling to a tendiecoin trader

on bittrex 5 min ago, he removed it, and put a buy of 120btc

And yet the RSI is still overbought, though not too much, and volume is starting to severely dip. Why would he do this?

i think you need to change your gameplan if you want to make a trade for 600 btc

Just cash out...oh wait, YOU CAN'T

How so? Possible that guy is putting up a big buy wall so he can slowly sell off his position high without tanking the price?

Or what? People with that much money usually don't pump when the RSI is this high already, they wait a day or two for it to cool down.

Out of my thread.

honestly this with a tweak.

40% BTC
25% ETH
20% LTC
5% XMR
5% NEO
5% Trying to make it big on pump shitcoins.

this covers all your bases in order of possibility of high % gains.

all top ten coins right now have the potential to make huge moves moving forward, and you will see it becomes less and less common that the top 10 change until it becomes fairly solidified and other coins become nothing but a hotbed of pajeet garbage (more than it already is)

Good luck in your trades. Saw this comment and just thought I would throw in some knowledge.
Adjustment by up to 3% each is safe in order to get in when one of them pumps.

Don't know, but the 120btc order is actually filling, withouth him pulling back, so i think he might actually want to buy. Also, i think you need to anticipate markets earlier, because you will change the course with that much btc

I can see the logic but I just don't see why 40% for BTC is good.
I think the perceived safety of it is misleading this late in the game. I would agree if it dips again though, like it did a week ago or so.

Yeah, see, he's pumping the price with a second one. I think he actually is going to buy for 600btc

Ok then I am a bit confused. I think in the relative short or medium term it will go up but in the very short term I don't know.

Also, where are you seeing that the RSI is overbought? What time frame?

He removed the orders by the way, so maybe just try and change the trend? Don't know

On the daily, RSI is just slightly over 80 right now.
Not at all in most smaller time frames though.

I give it like a day or 2 of cooling down before taking off again. So esssentiallly a dip to $455 or so, probably not much deeper than it was just this morning.

So, not so much a dip, more a "slowing" of the rise.

My theory is that big traders aren't going to buy when the RSI is over 80 like this. They never have. And volume is dying off, which means money is moving elsewhere.

But the sentiment is still pretty strong, so a full rebound in volume is possible if this is a bull market. But the RSI HAS to go under 80 first, which means it will probably go just slightly under 80 so traders feel a little safer getting back in and then shoot way over 80 again, which for ETH means a price rise close to $600, and this is in the near short term.

Yes.

That being said, the trend could just keep continuing and the currently falling RSI could just keep going up to 90 before 'really falling' well below 80 and having a real dip.

Anything at this price is possible but the more the volume goes down over the next day or 2, the less likely it is for ETH's bull run to continue in the very short term.

I think you overvalue the importance of the RSI, if you see the ETH BTC pair, the RSI is just 59.

ETH's price in terms of fiat money has fallen below whatever price it was at when the RSI was at or above 80 every single time, if only very briefly (for a day or two). I'm not saying the RSI can tell you how to trade ETH but at this particular time it's above 80 in terms of ETH to fiat money (I'm using a different currency than USD) and this indicator has yet to be wrong.

Cool, thanks, i'll keep an eye on it. I try trading Bollinger Bands on a time frame of 30 min, never really studied RSI

I used to trade the bands too but this is my first time trying RSI. I'm using the free ProChart interface from Coinone and the chart on Tradingview.