Private key mining?

Anyone have any luck with guessing private keys? I day traded all my money away and now have no capital. So far no luck but I'm looking at how to write a javascript program to automate this for me. I'm only doing bitcoin right now because it probably have the most populated wallets but what are your tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

directory.io/
directory.io/2380374280102310293470930272690489102837043110636675
blockchain.info/address/1EhX1rhE6AKDTjroWJmGoTS3qb52JVEEEL
github.com/ryancdotorg/brainflayer
coindesk.com/bitcoin-protocol-hack-joke/
lbc.cryptoguru.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here I did the work for you: directory.io/
It's so unlikely that is is impossible.
You think people would mine instead of cracking private keys?
Moron.

So now you just want to waste energy trying to brute force and steal other's BTC? Excellent get-rich quick scheme retard.

Go offer to mow your neighbors lawn. Or pick up discarded cans on the side of the street. This would be more profitable and wouldn't leave you feeling like a broke fuck.

>904625697166532776746648320380374280100293470930272690489102837043110636675 pages

good luck, OP

Youre better mining some shitcoin and dumping it than trying to do that

Hey be gentle, OP is a double digit IQ moron, you can't possibly expect it to be able to comprehend the number of addresses or how futile his efforts are.

You could break down the math and show him that you would need more energy than contained in the galaxy to crack a private key within a human lifetime, and it would say "... so you're telling me there's a chance!!"

Just let OP die poor, hopefully at least some of its labor will not be in vain

Do you seriously think Satoshi and the original development team didn't think about this beforehand? If a dumbass like you can't even trade in a bull market how do you think you're going to write a script (in fucking js for fucks sake) that'll guess random people's private keys.

What are you going to do? Go through every single permutation of a possible key for every single wallet? You won't even have the time to test out all the variations for 1 wallet.

top kek retard

Faggots, you're not getting what OP is trying to say. Lottery tickets cost money, flipping shitcoins costs money, mining costs money. Trying random private keys is free. Its almost like a free lottery ticket.

True story - I actually (for fun), go on Directory.io every day, and open a random page - I open every single wallet on said random page.

I've done this for the last year or so.

I've acquired just under 3 bitcoin doing this - not bad for completely free money

>After 20 long years OP finally guesses a private key
>Balance: .00000083 BTC

OP is actually trolling us, the private keys on the picture each have 10 btc on them, i already got the first one, and i'm about importing the other two.
be intelligent, Veeky Forums

funniest post today

Wouldn't it be thief?

One day a computer can surely crack every single wallet though.

Sure, impossible now, but what about 10-20 years later? Bitcoin will inevitably be killed by technology - what a stupid design having every private key completely open.

>Bitcoin is 1 billion dollars per coin
>Op is now rich

M night shamalayman

>I've acquired just under 3 bitcoin doing this
No, you didn't.

You guy's arent takeing into considering OP's luck stats

directory.io/2380374280102310293470930272690489102837043110636675

is offline. fuck. I'll never get rich now.

Bitcoin Address: 2012-09-21 01:22:33.203
Emma
" 1EhX1rhE6AKDTjr0W3mG0TS3qb523VEEEL
Private Key (Wallet Import Format):
5JEG43vx2dE4EescBfNwPcuFCUFCuk9ThlcpigZoGLWGknowAAo neAr. II
El Bitcoin Address: 2012-09-21 01:22:33.267
1EhX1rhE6AKDTjr0W3mG0TS3qb523VEEEL
5JEG43vx2dE4EescBfNwPcuFCUFCuk9Th1qZMgZoGLWGknowAAo
Bitcoin Address: 2012-09-21 01:22:33.332
1EhX1rhE6AKDTjr0WJmG0TS3qb52JVEEEL
5JEG43vx2dE4Ee5cBfNwPcuFCUFCuk9Th1qZMgZoGLWGknowAAo

just cpu mine bitcoin - chances are greater of getting a block than "mining" wallets

No you haven't retard

RIP OP's computer

In all seriousness, that's like Star Trek level technology. If you had a computer that could do that, there would be more profitable uses for it. Like taking over the planet.

blockchain.info/address/1EhX1rhE6AKDTjroWJmGoTS3qb52JVEEEL

>directory.io/

Thanks for that info man. I'll probably do a few wallets every day. I will report back if strike gold. If anyone here wants to pool resources let me know. If we hit satoshis wallet wow.

Without a quantum computer, it's impossible. With a quantum computer, it's infeasible.

dude...you can't be fucking serious. gaining access to the complete nuclear weapon arsenal of the USA including launch codes would be easier than finding a correct private key.

>If we hit satoshis wallet wow.
HAHAHAHAHA i like this deluded faggot

don't even try

Sometimes I run little vanity address command line program on the first 5 characters of an address that has $575mil worth of BTC on it,

It's technically possible it will find the whole address and accompanying private key =^)

If you can code you have to check this out: github.com/ryancdotorg/brainflayer
There are people out there who constantly check the bitcoin mempool for addresses originating from weak brainwallets.

No chance to get in there as new competitor I guess. However, you can check other online wallets and see how they generated private keys in the past (now it's all more secure). For example, they might have used math.random() which had VERY weak entropy in earlier chrome and firefox versions...

Ideally you find something which someone else didn't thought about yet.

I'm currently trying a new "method". It's very slow so will probably take a week or more until I find anything (if at all). So I run it on a 48 core machine.

OP did you take a single Computer Science class or discrete math class you fucktard? Haha good luck, tell us in the year 1 trillion if you found an address. If keys were easy to guess blockchain would be dead you tard

cant believe youre too stupid to understand how impossible this is. youd have higher chances of hitting the megaball several million times in your life than getting one address.

OP probably bashed his head on his keyboard to many times guessing some private keys.

Anyone I can automatically monitor and sweep addresses?

>true story

Except for the fact it's a complete made up LARP

Kys

Glad you lost all your money OP! Keep it up

>current state of biz

ANd people wonder how you can make money trading against those people...

what a time to be alive
I don't even feel bad taking money from these morons

>.00000083 BTC
>1 billion dollars per coin
>$830
>rich
yeah in 20 years that'll probably get you a gallon of milk with enough change left over to disable Amazon™ Prime™ sub-ocular ads long enough to go to the park and see a Google Go-Green!™ carbon containment unit (what we now call 'tree')

You are going to need a quantum computer & immortality if you want to ever see fruits for your efforts.

> Trying to crack one of the few really PROVEN SECURE THINGS in crypto

Come on, this is why people get scammed by pajeets

Point a retail telescope at a black part of the sky
Keep it there for 10 million years.
You have more chance of catching light from planet x than mining a private key.

OP is attempting reverse SHA256. Too bad the NSA already beat him to it.

Guys is it weird that I have on 3 occassions found wallets that were USED, but had no bitcoins on them. But this is just from clicking random pages. I will even post them and their private keys here:

+ 5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsrefhvB5QZ 1NmzUR9szvC3Ffo2f75dSqBBWDTXQN6Nrb 1Mzu2KweHVPUTPMZH8SyE5RCTvY6pTF9bS

+ 5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsrefqomtxT 1BtTj4C4ADoVWaGTtLPhb6iewmsD4FN9h4 1Kq9yStVAWH9aemHbQGMUrpYyorQN8mqgo

+ 5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsrguc4fNRu 1HH1Rc4dtUzAeKAnCPGd77hEpNe1vdnUNj 1MhQrtCzJaiE7mrp7fAPKh5K9DpzHEnzfv

+ 5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsrguprTnJk 1QAGTEC6Tu1h4vqPSxyv3QrmMuc8qapnu 1KMV89xeTuB1p7fSGBGqHfP8z4xaiDqvLV

Can't remember what pages I found them on sadly. Although I believe one of them is literally on page 3 of directory.io

I did some research and you all are right it's more or less impossible. But I'll probably still do it; it scratches the same itch as a lottery ticket.

>But I'll probably still do it; it scratches the same itch as a lottery ticket.
It's okay, not everyone can have 3 digits IQ

Directory.io and related threads are my absolute favorite Veeky Forums classics.

No idea why I keked extra hard this post

Probably emptied all once they've heard that they are on page fucking 3 on such a site

cracking a private key would be like winning the national lottery 100 times in a row and being struck by lightning more than 5,000 times

the reason ppl mine for coin is because it is literally impossible to crack a private key within one persons lifetime.
you could have a network of 2,000 machines trying to crack the key 24/7 and it would still take over 5,000 years

>lurk moar kid

not to mention when you crack the wallet, there might not be anything in it

Still the odds are lower than 1 in a trillion. Pretty nuts.

No you don't get it. There's two ways to crack a bitcoin wallet: try random private keys hoping one of them has BTC (extremely unlikely), or pick a wallet with a known amount of BTC and try to guess its private key. The odds of either is like a computer the size of the moon would take 1 trillion+ years. But what you said is inaccurate because it implies you could spend that time cracking one and not get anything, which isnt the case, the odds reflect the chances of getting a wallet with something.

How much BTC do you actually have?

Sign your reply if you want to actually prove you hold the private keys.

The fastest way to earn btc by cracking wallets is to try to crack all wallets with any balance at once.

Since every attempt is a valid wallet, but almost all of them don't have any balance.

Can someone explain how these private keys available here? What exactly is going on?

So, from my research its actually fake.

Let me guess, your 'research' went something like this?

What's it like to not understand math? Do you regularly play scratch offs?

Pretty much, but I'm happy with the results:
>coindesk.com/bitcoin-protocol-hack-joke/

Nigga if everybody on earth checked 100 trillion addresses individually every single day for their whole lives for the next million years, we still wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface of possible, with like a 0.0000001% chance, find a single addresses which has ever been used before, let alone which still contains some meaningful balance in it.

That's how fucking small your chances are.

Yes I know that is the faster way. My point was just that the person I was responding to thought that this would involve 'cracking a wallet and their being no btc in it', this is untrue. Either you engage your efforts into cracking one key for a wallet with btc, or you engage your trying keys until you find a wallet with btc. There is no scenario where you spend time and energy getting into a wallet and then find there are no btc.

Consider that you have a better chance of winning the multi-billion dollar lottery 10 times in your lifetime.

Psst.

All you have to do is alphabetize all the wallets on directory.io by their public key instead of private key.

How fast do you think a computer program can alphabetize a list? Pretty fucking fast.

like clockwork

How hard would it be for a computer to alphabetize the list of all public addresses.

I created a program that generated 250k addresses, 120 have had balances before, one has had $500k pass through it over the last couple years. None have balances at the moment. One seems to get transfers going through it monthly. Im honestly not tempted to try to take small amounts of money. If any of them had a couple million, I might grab 10% so they know their address isnt safe.

Years ago on bitcointalk, there were a lot of people spending a lot of time developing ways to find generated addresses. I think nowadays newly created addresses are much more secure.

Please tell me you're being ironic. The entire list isn't being stored, the website generates it. What part of 2^256 do you not understand? If the entire planet concentrated it's computing energy to sorting such a list, the universe would approach heat death before it was achieved. An intergalactic supercomputer would take billions of years to sort such a list.

I bought 400 in coins this week because I was dumpster diving and sold the treasure I found on Ebay

Fucking poor fag

>what is quantum computing

See Yes I was kidding.

Nice larp. The keys don’t match each other. So not only are there 9 gorillion different keys, each one could belong to any other random key.

So, there's a chance?

Powerul but not that powerful.

one of the points of btc mining is so it's more profitable to spend that power mining than trying to crack wallets

Something that doesn't fucking exist nor it will during our lifetime

V A P O U R W A R E

No you didn't user.

The site is literally broken, you can't access anything past like page 5.

Wrong, there's a project you can pool mine to they've found 4 private keys this year but the wallets had almost nothing in them. I forget the name google for it

I don't believe you.

Here

lbc.cryptoguru.org/

lbc.cryptoguru.org/

It's true but don't run the client on a machine that has coins, it's insecure

>The software contains code to execute code sent by the LBC-server remotely. This could be used - by us - for all sorts of shady things. We do however guarantee, that the LBC will only touch files it needs for its operation (= BTC address generation) and nothing else on your system.

>The software contains code to execute code sent by the LBC-server remotely.

this is the shadiest fucking shit ever. why is this necessary? Looks like a complete scam.

904,625,697,166,532,776,746,648,320,380,374,280,100,293,470,930,272,690,489,102,837,043,110,636,675 different private keys.

904,625,697,166,532,776,746,648,320,380,374,280,100,293,470,930,272,690,489,102,837,043,110,636,675 different public keys.

We don’t know how these keys correspond to each other. Each one would need to be checked manually.
That means there are 904,625,697,166,532,776,746,648,320,380,374,280,100,293,470,930,272,690,489,102,837,043,110,636,675 ^ 904,625,697,166,532,776,746,648,320,380,374,280,100,293,470,930,272,690,489,102,837,043,110,636,675 possible key combinations.
The resulting number is so large I was unable to find a calculator or service that would compute it.

Give it up, anons. Not even joking when I say this requires the power of a thousand suns.

Lots of Brainlets and Crypto warriors spreading buzzwords they dont understand in here
Yes it's possible and honestly will destroy current Crypto within 10 years

is the only guy who knows what he's talking about

I've cracked/guessed multiple brainwallets worth around 20 btc in my day
Currently it's about finding weaknesses in wallets generated between 2009-2012

Wouldn't it be easier to just play around with decimal points on exchanges hoping some fat fingers makes a mistake? Seems a lot more feasible.

Do you knock down houses with a butter knife too?

>hurr durr quantum computers
^ This will be the average Veeky Forumstard response.

Lots of things would be easier. Winning every lottery in the world would be easier. Building a time machine would be easier. Drilling to the earth's core would be easier.
You name it, it's probably easier than guessing private keys.

Not quite user
A public key can be derived by knowing the private key.

It's one way computation

There's no 'password' for your address.. Just the private key which can be transformed into a public address, but not the other way around.

The number therefore isn't as large as you say, but its still fucking enormous and almost impossible to pick a winning private key

I hit blackjack four times in a row in Vegas and I once found a $100 bill in a Wendy's parking lot. I like my chances.

Hot-hand fallacy.