When did you realize that your parents are retarded, brainwashed poorfags?

When did you realize that your parents are retarded, brainwashed poorfags?

How did you cope with it?

Most people have no idea what they are doing. Am I lucky or different?

>tfw literally parents could have bought any big stock a few years ago and doubled their money today
>they didnt
>they instead bought an overpriced house at the very height of the housing bubble. I think they are down 1 million

Ok I seriously just had the realization after reading this post... What the fuck.... Should I tell them?

Realized my mom was working for an old woman just to inherit her house (which she did)

I realized my mom was a fucking savage and got the money any way she could, and I had to do the same to get out of poverty.

Now it's your turn.

You won't fuck this up right?

2001 after my old man sunk 30.000 into a meme company during the dotcom bubble without having any knowledge of tech beside how to program a vhs recorder, and didn't got out till December 2000.

>stepdad cashed out his IRA at age 46 and bought Bitcoin on the advice of some guy at the fucking barber shop
>worked out to $11k/BTC and he got raped up the ass by taxes
>tried to pawn it off on me for $14k/BTC and I laughed in his face
>this summer he decided to finally just get out only to realize that you can't actually cash out any large amount
he's not blood, so fuck him but still I almost feel bad

my parents live in one of the top 5 most expensive zip codes in the US :^)

my parents have a nice nest egg from years of working good jobs but they would be so much better off if they thought outside of the box for once. instead they are content paying for some shitty douchebag financial planner instead of taking a weekend off from drinking with their friends to research ways to grow their money on their own

They almost made me sell my bitcoin at $2k because "Mark Cuban said so" and he's rich so no way he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about

How long did she have to wait?

I've had familiar realization about 3-4 months ago. I did kind of felt better about myself, because I've realized most of the mistakes I've done was because they didn't teach me shit about life.

However, while I was kind of mad at them at first, I tried to look at world from their perspective when they were young. Basically I've came to conclusion that 80s and 90s were just completely different era.
You could basically get a job anywhere and nobody pointed a finger at you and shamed you, because people felt like brothers and sisters in their own country and were proud to be the given nationality. There was no degeneracy due to non-existance of computers and influencal social media, etc..
You know, they just got a job, paid off house and kept on living, without ever feeling being judged. They didn't really care how they looked, because there was still a lot of empathy between people and their activites were basically hanging out and talking all the time in real life.
However, with the 2000s and millenials, we were basically raised in front of computers, parents didn't think it's gonna be so bad and had effects..but, most of us got ruined and now have to fix ourselves, because our parents didn't adapted to how fast the social change came + the fact that there is just a lot more pressure to life = good looks, education, social status, money, funny, interesting, good a fucking, being a good company all the time, etc..
Life does present more opportunities and is more complex right now, but we have so much freedom and choice that it actually limits us, if we don't keep on hustling and keep on motivating ourselves everyday.

This is a terrible bait

>bought it in the past for 11k/btc

>I realized my mom was a fucking savage and got the money any way she could

I wonder how many cocks she took

My dad is rich as fuck so never

Though he could be far richer if he ever actually invested a decent amount which he doesn't afaik.

are you from the future? With Boomers entering crypto, this might truly happen.

This is why you don't raise another mans kid. Let bastards rot like the fatherless filth they are.

But my parents are loaded. My dad started his own successful company

>tfw parents owned a 900k house fully paid for when they were in their mid 30s
>tfw that would be like 1.7 million now.
>dad didn't even go to college and mom had a fucking art degree yet she was making 70k and my dad was making 100k-200k (in today's money)
>tfw you're a NEET at 25 with 50k worth of internet currency and at this age your dad bought his first home.

I'd kill to be an adult in the 80s/90s

Yup. Any millennial and later are complete degenerates. I blame atheism.

wait what? BTC has never been anywhere close to $11k

Why do boomers have this obsession with real estate, it's like that for them houses don't have any of the risks that every other asset has, they're never overpriced, it's always a good time to buy.

Because in their lifetime the price has only gone up.

Only the boomers in my family are retarded and brainwashed. Everyone else is aware of how fucked up things are these days. My aunt is so retarded that she thought that supermarkets still gave people pensions for working part-time for a certain number of years. I thought she was joking. Was that really a thing?

he didn't use an exchange--he literally bought the barber's wallet with cash, 8 BTC for $90k USD

my family spends about $200 a week in cigarettes.
its FUCKING HILARIOUS.
i'm not aloud to talk about btc with senpai..
they don't want to hear about it..
they got warnings at 2k,3k,4k,5k,6k,7k & 8k
they hate me now.

i quit smoking..so whatever... HAHA!

Are you from Singapore?

My parents got burned in the stock market once 20 years ago and since then they're afraid to invest.

I went through their records, all they had was a US total market index fund. Unfortunately they bought right at the top of the tech bubble and sold right at the bottom, down to the week, I checked the charts. Quite sad.

I'm glad they they listened to me back in may and June and put 10k into ETH which I told them to hold for 3 years. They don't even know what ETH or crypto are, but I put blockfolio on their phones and they love watching it

In fact one time a couple months ago my mom accidentally deleted blockfolio and called me almost crying thinking she sold all her ETH.

My mom is so sweet

My parents grew up during communism, not a lot they could do about it. Grandfather was actually sent to prison for disobeying the commie dictator, so unlike many contemptfags my family was actively fighting against the regime.
Communism fucked us up bad, so yeah, they're poor, but they raised me well and I'll provide for them.

That's heartwarming.

I hope your parents will make a big gain from ETH.

I'm also planning to tell my mom to invest in ETH, but I don't think she's gonna believe me.

This story owns

These days my dad keeps telling me he wants to buy but i tell him to wait for crash

I feel like nobody is told how to use their money properly. Just a couple tips would help people become rich. I wish someone had told me to hold onto my stocks, because I'd have enough for a house. At the time I just got sick of investing. It was a jew trick.

Egh.... they just don’t care anymore. But I guess that happens when you’re 65.

Well you can’t live in a stock.

>knew about bitcoin back in the silk road 1.0 days
>didn't need drugs by mail so didn't buy in
>years later my dad brings up bitcoin and maybe investing in some
>he asks me to do research for him, do some, send results
>go about life
>bitcoin over $8k
>I mention it to dad, he says he knows, owns a bit more than 50btc a while ago

Opposite happened, dad took me to school.

But you can pay rent with dividends.

You’ll like this story, Veeky Forums. My dad took over an Italian restaurant from my grandfather, ran it for about 15 years, moved into a bigger location during that time, and sold it to a guy for $2M. That was right at 2008, might have been 2007, but people just stopped going out to eat right after. So basically the guy defaulted on his loan from the bank he used to buy the place. I don’t know the exact amount my dad ended up getting but it was probably around 500k. So now my parents live in a $500k house that they still owe $300k in and have no money at all except what they get from social security. Talk about bad luck. There’s some case they have against the new owner but it’s been pending for years I think they just gave up.

I always sort of knew this. It's figuring out how not to fall into an identical trap that's the hard part.

It wouldn't really matter if they had a case against him. The government doesn't subsidize cases like this, so the only thing your parents would accomplish is garnishing the wages of someone whose business just failed.

Ah, yeah, pretty much figured that. Fuck the stock market.

Isnt the bank at fault here in this situation?

>tfw daddy was an MD of top 5 US bank and I will never be able to give my kids the childhood I had

Worst of it all is theyre fucking giving away half of their fortune. Both of their parents died within the same 3 year timespan recently and they got really paranoid about theirr will and setting everything up for when they go. There's a fund set up where my sibilings and I will decided what charities to donate to every year. Thanks-a-fucking lot mom n dad.

I'll have to get tight with the guy who runs some squeak clean looking charity and donate to them and then have him kick me back like 75% under the table or something. cant fucking sit around and be forced to just give away what is rightfully mine

Start your own charity and donate to that. Ta da!

>if we don't keep on hustling and keep on motivating ourselves everyday.
ironic, because that mindset is the hole you frame one paragraph earlier

There's 5 of us and we all have to agree on where the money goes. Theyre all smart, can't have some charity that only exists on paper (or in my name nonetheless)

Parents who do that shit are the worst kind of parents. Instead of raising your kid to know how to use money and how to grow it they do stupid shit like give to donations that serve as a money laundering bussiness for corrupt politicians and bureaucrats. Kill your parents but before that make them sign their wills to you at gunpoint.

DUDE. WHAT THE FUCK. ARE YOU ME?

I realized this recently and it's been pissing me off and annoying me more and more by the day. It's like they're content with being poor and retarded and ignorant. It's hell being around them sometimes.

Aghh hehe, yeah thought that would be too easy. Sucks though, I’m sure you’ll get something though.

It's not yours, faggot. You didn't earn it.

You're lucky your parents aren't giving away every penny of theirs instead of your ungrateful ass

>It's like they're content with being poor and retarded and ignorant.

To be fair, that's most people. That doesn't necessarily make them bad, just... sheep.

>dad was an arms dealer in a war during the 90s
>made several millions of german marks
>had a bank under his name
>lost it all after was convictrd for 'war profiteering' after war was over
>nowadays he doesnt have any kind of entrepeneurial will or ideas except selling shitty 'healthy' herbs
>try to explain btc and stock trading to him as well as the many opportunities the internet offers to make money
>just waves it off as scams and claiming its not serious since its the internet

If my dad put even a little bit of effort into crypto or learning about the internet hed probably have millions

I'm the oldest male in the family. What is theirs becomes mine when they die forr literally the entirety of human history except right this second....how tf is that fair?

That's... incredibly retarded.

Pretty smart barber. I bet he was happy.

WAAAAAA RICH MOMMY AND DADDY NO GIVE ME MONEY

I hope they decide to give you nothing at all.

You're right, that is most people. But it's just mind-boggling to me that you would purposefully sabotage your own kid's opportunities and not want the best for your fucking child. It's shit and I want out

Doesn't matter about your parents.
Thanks to the internet you can surpass the knowledge of all of your ancestors put together.
Make something happen for you and then pass on the knowledge to your descendants before you die. Most people are worthless so it follows logically that most parents are worthless. There's nothing to be sad or surprised about there. Take this redpill and better your life.

And it's still not your money and they can do whatever the fuck they want with it. They are much better people than you, and are probably hate how fucking entitled you are and want to see you get off your ass

Most people don't think about raising kids, or how to care for them. At all. They only think about themselves. People just fuck and produce crotch fruit and give them the same shitty life path their parents forced on them.

Lol you're pretty woke. That's 100% true.

Kys degenerate

>reddit spacing

>tfw my dad is an immigrant pajeet who literally puts 100% of his income in a savings account

Whenever I tell him to invest in stocks or bonds, he always replies with "It's a scam"

woke! I think about this all the time but without using the word “crotch fruit”

get them to give you all their savings and buy BCH. THen Give it back to them at 3x in a year

Jesus christ there are people here who use the word 'woke' unironically?
Fucking kill yourselves immediately

kill yourself you fucking faggot. you're basically the quintessential Veeky Forums autist.

How do you know they weren’t using it ironically?

this

That sums up a thread of stupid fucks complaining about their stupid fuck parents who also grew up complaining about their stupid fuck parents.

>this is the level Veeky Forums has fallen to
welp i'm out for good
later faggots

The real redpill is when you realize your parents are actually pretty knowledgeable and you start taking their advice seriously. Then you realize that they also want what's best for you and have your best interests at heart, unlike anyone else in this world. Then you ask their advice before you make any major decision. Then they die and you're alone.

Feels bad man.

It wasn't a moment for me, but just a slow red pilling over my entire life.

My dad used to make more than 100k a year in the early 2000's, but saved nothing and we rented just a shitty 2 bedroom apartment. He just blew all of it away on weed and dumb shit on eBay.

My mom and dad were separated since I was little. My mom did crystal meth and had way too many cats. My grandma (mom's mom) died about 10 years ago and my mom inherited like 37,000 dollars, and it was completely gone a few months later. Now my mom works for a shitty hourly wage for some nice older boomers and is expecting to live off of the backs of me and my brother. Being a shitty mother who lived the first 50 years off the backs of her parents, she expects me and my brother to start carrying her the rest of the way. Not fucking happening.

I "came of age" during the great recession (29 now) and struggled my ass off living like a fucking refugee and the value of a dollar has been beaten into me because of it. Having money doesn't mean nicer stuff. Having money means freedom. Freedom from worry. That's the entire point of being rich. I have a nice laptop, some clothes, and misc. shit, but everything I own fits into 2 bags and I've never been happier. Between my savings and my crypto holdings, I just made my first 100k USD.

> Stepdad finds out dinosaurs are real in his sixties

> Automatically assumes dragons are real because dinosaurs were real.

>giving money away to the poor instead of your own children
I'll never do this, fuck poor people, most of them are lazy.

Wow man, so rebellious! Never trust anybody a day over 30!

you are gay

I'm not rebellious, it's just the way it is. I'm not even mad at them. They're just animals who can't fight their programming.

>Parents are retarded
Maybe yours are, mine aren't. Ignorance has nothing to do with intelligence if you are referring to crypto.
>Brainwashed
Into what? My entire generation is "brainwashed"
>Poorfags
>Implying that millienals/Gen Z are rich
Again, subjective.

>my mom in 2005
"Buy a house user, prices will NEVER come down, get on the ladder, you're just paying someone elses rent"

Also they believe all the TV propaganda about evil Russia and Putin. My mom literally shouts at the TV. She is a retard.

people sabotage others when they can't stand to see them successful. It shows that success is possible, and that they could have done it, but they were too lazy.

They're not retarded or poor but they are brainwashed. They derive their joy from material things, vacations, spending money, anything to dull the monotony of having nothing inside. And of course they love the company of similarly empty people.

No talents. No ambitions. No dreams. No passion. No purpose.

No souls.

What they refer to as a home, I call a coffin.

he's right, stocks and bonds are a scam. But so is cash

>too lazy

I kind of believe this, but there are a lot of people out there who tried hard and it just never fell in their favor.

see you tomorrow faggot

Dubs of future wealth

Good mindset

You're going to make it, user.

I needed that pic, thank you

My parents want to spend at the very least 10k on remodeling the fucking basement that no one visits for longer than 5 minutes. Considering we aren't doing well financially and my mom complains about not having money, it's pretty retarded. Latest explanation I got for remodeling the basement is "You gotta life your life to the fullest". Yep. The basement. When they can barely afford to pay the bills and mortgage. Only the latest example of many.

My father is genuinely one of the most intelligent and knowledgeable I've ever met (top school, top salary, not so top social skills though). Too bad I only got his social skills.

lmao
I dealt with shit like that too. Mom lost her house during the thing a few years ago and she and her husband kept spending her shit pay on endless pizzas, chinese delivery, other shit junk, expensive television they lived in front of, more stuff. Finally it was medical bills because they're fat people who don't believe in taking care of themselves. Even they they claim to believe in being healthy so they take supplements from the grocery and pray more.

Fat/poor people are stupid.

Cause they say the real estate booms in the 80s man, it's gonna be like you with crypto when you're 90 and crypto is as prevalent as the internet

That barber is one good businessman. Kudos to him.