We are entering the Mania Phase

Whether you believe crypto to be a bubble or not I actually bring good news.

Everything I write next will ASSUME we ARE in a bubble, so chill if you dont agree.

We have just started to get institutional investors and "smart money" flooding into the crypto scene.
If you have been investing in crypto for the past year or two, you have been an early adopter. Now that we have moved past that phase and smart money has begun to get in, we are about to leave what is called the "awareness phase" (see image).
From here we move into a "Mania Phase" where institutional investors stop their investments since they are already balls deep in the market, and the public sees the opportunity and begins to jump in.

What this means is that we will soon see the media do more than just mention crypto. They will begin talking about it as if its normal and here to stay. all the while the price is skyrocketing as new investors from the public begin to learn of this "investment of a lifetime".
The end of this phase is characterized by smart money and early adopters selling off.

Judging by the duration of the other phases to this point, we have about 3-4 months before we enter full "mania phase", and then another 2 maybe 3 years before we get close to the end of that phase.
This means everybody investing right now is going to easily make it, but also dont get comfortable over the next couple years because if this is a bubble, you need to be ready to exit in a few years.

This article was written a few months ago and demonstrates how smart money started their investments already and how the public and media havent become involved as of that date. (August this year I believe)

forbes.com/sites/investor/2017/08/08/cryptocurrency-is-a-bubble-revisited/2/#6b92cfbc69a4

THE GOOD NEWS!
We are at THE BOTTOM of the Mania phase. only 1 in 100,000 people have ever had a Bitcoin address. Billions to be made, and in about 3 years billions to be lost. take care.

thanks bruh

oh...its THIS THREAD again. fuck off nigger

You're nowhere near Mania. When every Tom, Dick and Harry normie wants BTC, THEN you'll be approaching mania.
When you see the crypto TV show equivalent of Flip the House, then you're approaching mania.
This shit is just beginning to get institutional investment. The normies don't even have wallets yet.

The mania phase is where the public begins to enter the market.
The CME has made sure of this.
No we arent there right this second, but we are entering that phase.

This is also not a bad thing. It just means we are entering the area with the fastest and highest profits.

This is a good thing one way or another. why freak out

really?

nobody actually has constructive feedback or interesting opinions on this?

I mean, I agree and I disagree. Truthfully, I don't think anyone can predict it at this point. We are either the future or just a bubble. Personally I think we are in a bubble that will pop BUT just like the dotcom bubble 10% of coins will go on to be worth more than they ever were at the height of the bubble. This market is not here to stay but the technology is without a doubt permanent, pandoras box has been opened. The real question I'm asking is; What coins are going to rise out of the ashes?

tldr

Exactly, everyone freaking out about whether this is a bubble or not is failing to see that if you were a fucking idiot and bought Amazon and Microsoft stock at the absolute height of the tech bubble, you would be up 10x by now.

this has been posted 1,000 over the last 365 days which is why no one gives a shit.

also, pic related

Year if you bagholded for 15 years after the crash. All the guys on Veeky Forums will cash out when shit truly crashes

Microsfot SP in December, 1999: $58

Microsoft SP in Decemberr, 2016: $58

786th someone posted it since 2013. Still not selling

plus dividends

yes but i was just proving the point that the guy was talking out of his ass. If you bought MSFT at the absolute hieght of the tech bubble your initial investment WAS IN THE RED UNTIL THIS YEAR, 17 YEARS LATER

w̷͙̠̖͉̘ͭ͂̉̊́e̞͓̺͉͚͚̤͙ͣͦ̐̒͐̂̎́'̴̴͙̣͈͙̰̺̙͛ͩ̀r̸͇͇̳̙̗͈̞ͮ̈̿̊ͮ̊ͫ͋̎͘ę̳̰̮̄̈́͑ ̛͙͓̜͋ş̴̭̬͔̼̐̓̿̉́̑͟t̷̖͍̺̺̭͈̬̖͙͊͌̾ͯ̏̆̇́̓́i̶͎̳͈̟͇͇̟̹͖ͮ̐͘͞l̘̯͚͚̋͒ͫ͑̕ͅḷ̡̛̗̩͖̓̎̾ͬ̓͆͊͠ ̠͔̫̬̬̭̼̝̇͌ͪ̃́̀͟i̛̛̛̹͖͔̺̣ͣ͐̿̏n̸̟̭̭͖̹͙ͨ̎ ͈̘͉͓͓͊̈̾ͧ͟t̷̳ͩ̐͌͜h̢͈̪̿̏ͧ͐́ͤ̽͐̀ë̟̤̦̹̫̮̩́̊ͧ̇̈͢͢ ̙͎̖̙̓ͪ̍ͧš͕̝̥̘̼̻͋̉ͪ̐̔͂̑̀͞ͅẗ̥͕̜̞͕̥̃̂e̵ͩ͒̾̽͐͟͟ͅa̸͇̜̞̩̤̠̜͚ͯ̒̊ͬ͆ͬ̄̚͢l̻͖̼͖͖̦̿͋̈́̋̐̑͋̕͢t͖̣̦͚̺̠̺͇̓ͦ̿̑ͦͩ̐ͫh̡̬̞̎̄͛͐ͨ̐ ̧̙̦̟̜̣̑ͤ͆ͧ̍̓̀p̹͉̼͙͎̳͓̃ͪ͞͝ḩ̣̝̞̓͑̉̒ͭ̕a̪͉̞̱̬̹̼ͬ̍͑͐̈́̎́͢͟ș̴̠͍̪̉̃͋̂͋͆͛͘e̮̭ͣ̓͞,̧̛͈̹̙̯̥̠͇̯ͤ̃ͮ ͔͍̤̥̮ͬͦ̃ͅr̷̡̜̜̩͓͇̺̝̉͂̔̋̌e̫͈̦̙̘͂̀ͩͩͅt͙̦̰̞̻͇̿̇͋̈́͑́ͫ̕ą̸͔̗̹͓̖̻̄̿͌̏́̈́̈́ṛ̡̛̪̉͛͑͌d̛͎̪̬̠͇͎̬̗͑ͨ̉͛͟!̧̻͕̞̝͔̫͛̀͝ ̵͓͔̗͈̇́ͅ

OH FUCK THE END IS NEAR WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE
SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL SELL

40 ETH, .5 BTC, 8 XMR.

I'm holding these and will evaluate them this time next year. What I really want to do is cash out to buy a town house paid in full. Then the rest is gravy.

actually yes fair point, but if you bought Apple you would only have to wait until 2004 to recover.

Crypto isn't stocks though. Bitcoin doesn't produce a product or have a CEO.

Uh what
We are already nearing the end of the mania phase for this bubble. We will enter "the new paradigm" in a couple of months, at which point the price will crash and things stay quiet until the next bubble

BTC has been in exponential mode for several months already

Why not pay the usual 20% down payment and keep the rest in crypto? You're unnecessarily locking away money that can be used to make more gains

I don't have plans for it right now however if I could get it paid in full in a year I would.

I hate debt. I absolutely hate it. I have no debt now and if I can avoid it I will.

Assuming you go all in at the worst possible time. Average in your investment and you won't fuck yourself. If you believed in the company you would have bought the depths of the crash as well. And in the long run you would have done pretty well because Microsoft is still one of the biggest companies in the world

The thing is if you BTC then a massive crash is actually pretty good if you're haven't been buying into as of late.
You do understand that some people believe in the concept of BTC and blockchain and don't view it as a stock?

My exit strategy targets 2019 to early 2020 although I may take some profits by mid 2018 depending on how the market is at that time. I don't really need much to be honest, just a simple rural place and freedom from wagecuck servitude.

Alright, these are my thoughts, so take them like you want:

I think this is the last push before a major correction. The market as a whole is increasing right now, ETH has a major bullrun right now and probably won't stop before 600$ in my opinion. BTC is also rallying to 10k or even above that. I think once 10k is broken some serious fomo will probably push it to 12k in the matter of a few days. Once these goals are reached, big boys are going to take profits, which in turn sets off the panic selling of recent buyers, which would then trigger a correction of the whole market.

If you're that worried, when you buy a house pay the 20% down payment and put into crypto an amount equivalent to your mortgage. Then put in stop loss orders so you don't lose more than 20-30% of your portfolio. That way even in the absolute worse case scenario you can still instantly cash out and pay off 70-80% of your mortgage

That's what im saying. BTC will crash soon but it will rise even higher couple of years from now. But I disagree that we are just entering the mania phase, we're already well in it and a crash is pretty much imminent

>mania phase

>1999
>buying Apple
Only 3 years before it was on the edge of bankruptcy, still marginal computer manufacturer.

The question remains though...will they buy my bitbean??

it's going to 10k this year, 50k next year, 100k the one after. it can only go up, as long as the Tether is being printed, the bots are working 24/7 and miners are greedy. AAHAHHAHAHA all you have to do is hold.
ALTS ONLY EXIST TO MAKE YOU LOSE BTC VALUE. AAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA just buy and hold. Those who margin long will make a lot of money, since it only goes up. Bet against the shorters and you can only win. The exchange will liquidate all the shorters. When you know the house always wins, it's so easy to make money, as you only have to bet in favor of the house. Bitfinex and Tether are unstoppable. HAHA XD