The chainIink philosophy goes back to the gold mining era, where the ones who got rich 'were selling shovels...

The chainIink philosophy goes back to the gold mining era, where the ones who got rich 'were selling shovels.' ChainIink sells shovels to every project in crypto. There won't be a single one that won't use it. Think about that for a moment. The dot come analogy is more like, Ethereum is chrome, Bitcoin is Netscape Navigator. HyperLedger is Firefox, well, we ChainIink holders own the motherfucking HTTP

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/alanmcintyre/2017/09/26/selling-banking-shovels-in-the-digital-gold-rush/#7f6bf7946b53
businessinsider.com/selling-pickaxes-during-a-gold-rush-2011-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's true. stop being stupid n short sighted. get the coin that's gonna be needed by EVERYBODY.

Funny ... I can't think of a single famous name from shovel sellers. Rothschild?

Except every project on the market is possible right now, the only way it wouldn't be possible if the devs were autistic enough to give a shit about "decentralized" data sources, which is a stupid fucking idea for nearly every business out there

t. autist

Everybody point and laugh at this brainlet.

It's a common talking point about the people who got rich during the gold rush you dumb cunt. Can you name anyone who got rich panning for gold?
>...
Retarded pajeet detected.

Yes, Sam Brannan. Well known for being the first to get rich panning for gold. Do you even history bro?

Can you name anyone who got rich selling shovels?

This is unironically true and a great analogy.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF LINK BAGHOLDERS

Very good connection here. Hopefully the slightly slower Anons among us can understand this analogy. It never ceases to amaze me how the herd influences the markets despite every truth displayed showing the opposite.

ELI5 version of above comment- LINK = MOON

blah blah

there are many oracle solutions

>which is a stupid fucking idea for nearly every business out there
If trust is no issue then there's no reason to use smart contracts in the first place. If you want to argue that smart contracts are useless then that's one thing, but if there's any reason to use them at all then there's a damn good reason to use ChainLink too.

If they haven't seen the light yet, they are blind. There's no point in trying to recruit, just keep spreading FUD and keep prices low.

the whole point of crypto is decentralization, moron. otherwise you might as well use a standard database.

Keep in mind you retards have been bleeding money through your assholes since the ICO. I mean it's good because now all the retards are easy to identify since they're all holding the same coin

>the chainlink philosophy is awfully outdated and thus project fail to survive in current environment
era of shovels is long gone

>hurr durr everybody bought the ATH

Do you just spew bullshit because it feels good or what?

no, hes right. sure, decentralized is BETTER, but its not necessary. they would only use it if they have to.

do they? no. so they wont. and with no one using it, your link stays low.

you know actually intelligent people can tell you have an 80 IQ right?

what's the matter user, all out of arguments?

Lmao when did you buy then? 10 seconds ago? Lmao you guys are beyond the point of saving. Look at all the responses to my question above, do you really think any of those answers make any sense at all? If so, I'm honestly sorry for you bro.

Because it was massively overhyped and overvalued. A lot of people holding LINK literally thought a large-scale SWIFT partnership would be announced at SIBOS. The chart reflects the investors' realization that the project was not nearly as far along as they thought.

>they would only use it if they have to
And they do if they want all the benefits of decentralization. Goddamn you fudsters really are complete brainlets.

>Ethereum = chrome
>LINK = HTTP

Except that LINK is an ERC20 token. It IS ethereum.

>do you really think any of those answers make any sense at all?
and thus we return to the old adage: LINK is not for brainlets. you are too stupid to get it. that's fine. more moon mission for us.

If its low it cheaper for them to use than their actual solution

Better and cheaper? That sure wont work out, banks are too stupid to use trustless systems and save money

>It IS ethereum.
And another complete brainlet. Where do you all come from lmao

the token is not the actual product.

that's not how eth tokens work. link is able to be used on btc, eth, and hyperledger chains. and more if need be.

Levi's (the jeans) errupted out of the gold era.

It's a common fucking analogy you mongs, even if you've never heard it before it's not hard to figure out.

The problem is that Chainlink isn't selling shovels. They are selling tapwater.

>Everyone who doesn't hold LINK is an idiot

That's an awfully large amount of retards then, huh? Surely there's no way you linkies are simply wrong about how widespread the usage of LINK will be? No. No way that's possible because LINK holders are the smartest people on the planet

Eli Shovelstein

>That's an awfully large amount of retards then, huh?
That's exactly my point, yes.

>That's an awfully large amount of retards then, huh?
>implying the market is full of intelligent, forward thinking investors

Kek
Loving you bro, keep it up

Catching opportunities on time matters in this market.
Let s catch the upcoming ones.
Searching for D.VA pump

No

CL is the best project out there. Investing in it now and not investing in projects that will outperform link until the main net release is not very smart. Only start buying shovels when the gold rush is near

>timing the market
Sure user, that didn't backfire once in the history of trading for anyone.

Timing is relative. Safe to say SIBOS sell out was obvious, so is the current situation.

Look up the wikipedia for Sam Brannan, dumb cunt.
>Early in 1848, employees of John Sutter paid for goods in Brannan's store with gold they had found at Sutter's Mill, near Coloma, California...Yet he "owned the only store between San Francisco and the gold fields -- a fact he capitalized on by buying up all the picks, shovels and pans he could find, and then running up and down the streets of San Francisco
Sam Brannan like the faggot ahead of you mentioned.
Read the previous posts and look the term up, fagboy.

no, you cannot predict the near future when it comes to this project. you WILL miss out on the moon mission with this attitude.

Nope.

A

FUCKING

JSON

PARSER

forbes.com/sites/alanmcintyre/2017/09/26/selling-banking-shovels-in-the-digital-gold-rush/#7f6bf7946b53
I guess Forbes doesn't know shit.

businessinsider.com/selling-pickaxes-during-a-gold-rush-2011-2
Business Insider doesn't know shit either, huh? Enjoy being a faggot.

motherfucker... do you even Chainlink?

This is most definitely the shittest piece of FUD

I might or I might not, like you said can't predict the future. But hold link now and you miss out on gains now, that's something we can't argue I think

Bad analogy. The ones "selling shovels" are the exchanges, if "gold mining" is just buying crypto, or the GPU vendors, if "gold mining" is mining for bitcoin or whatever.

genius linkie virgin < low iq high profit chad

well what are you holding that is going to moon very soon, mr. genius. enlighten us.

How is "decentralized" inherently better, anyways? I'm sure most of you can't even answer that question without posting wannabe anarchist larp-tier bullshit.

>implying you are either high profit or chad

>2012
>99.9% of the world laughs at the idea of Bitcoin
>SURELY THEY CANT ALL BE RETARDS. ITS STATISTICALLY LIKELIER YOURE WRONG.

This desu

>not having enough capital to hold a decent link bag

spotted the poor fag

It's not, which is exactly why no one has any need to use chainlink right now. If there was demand for oracle services, there would be a lot more oracle coins than just 3.

And I swear everytime I ask why chainlink is *necessary* I get the same bullshit answer that involves some stupid analogy that smart contracts can't run without chainlink, despite no major coin using chainlink or oracles in any way. It's so stupid I refuse to believe it's not a meme.

>do you really think any of those answers make any sense
Does not make sense? Jesus, fuck, how dumb are you?

this. it's called a core position, and non-poorfags can afford to have one.

>ChainIink sells shovels to every project in crypto.
Yeah but
What does the metaphoric shovel even represent?

>Bitcoin is Netscape Navigator
holy fuck
this can't be true
are linkies and Dragon slayers the one and the same retarded faggots?

>no major coin using chainlink or oracles in any way.
that's because major coins barely do anything right now. once they become more developed, they will need LINK.

Pretty much any coin in the top 100 will probably outperform Link, no need to really moon. I'm holding metaverse and iexec in the hope for bigger gains. Ethereum and btc just to be safe

>What does the metaphoric shovel even represent?
the shovel that allows smart contracts to dig data out of the real world. this is necessary whether you brainlets want to admit it or not. every coin that needs outside data via APIs is gonna need LINK.

Decentralized data sources are a stupid fucking idea. Prove me wrong, because clearly he can't

>If trust is no issue then there's no reason to use smart contracts in the first place.
What the fuck does that have to do with Chainlink?

>If you want to argue that smart contracts are useless then that's one thing,
Never argued that, I said ChainLink is useless. Pro tip: It is.

>but if there's any reason to use them at all then there's a damn good reason to use ChainLink too.
Why.

Do you see this? This is the same template answer given anytime someone asks why anyone would use chainlink, some shill explaining irrelevant shit about blockchains and smart contracts and says "since smart contracts are important, chainlink is important". Nothing of substance, but then again, your brains are empty, so I don't expect much.

>Never argued that, I said ChainLink is useless. Pro tip: It is.
you're too stupid to understand that smart contracts are useless without a decentralized data source. if smart contracts rely on a centralized data source, there is no point in the contract being decentralized. we should just stick to databases.

>every coin that needs outside data via APIs is gonna need LINK.
why? byteball has a sports oracle so you can bet on games through a contract. does link have anything specific over other coins or just buzzwords?

> if smart contracts rely on a centralized data source, there is no point in the contract being decentralized.

Why.

Lmao I already know you have no fucking reasoning behind why chainlink is necessary but I'm humoring you. So tell me why would I ever need a decentralized data source over a centralized one?

The argument is that the value of a smart contract is trustlessness, so having a centralized input to a smart contract removes all the value. Chainlink enables the end-to-end trustless smart contract

Data sources will stay centralized, smart contracts may want to use decentralized oracles if they want to make sure the bridge between the original source and the contract is not the point of failure

They CAN be possible.

Now, they would rather use ChainLink instead of other oracles. Is the goal of crypto at the end of the day, being descentralized.

Answer this, why are blockchain smart contracts valuable? Is it trustlessless - being without a single point of trust, do you agree?
If you rely on one oracle, there's your single point of trust. What that oracles says, goes. The smart contract is much more fallible then.

he is a sub 80IQ subhuman, don't waste your time guys

>why
>why
>why
stop whining you faggot, why are you seeking some kind of validation? you already stated chainlink is useless, why do you want anyone to convince you otherwise? you are clearly the smartest one out there

So literally no reason then.
There is no reason to use a decentralized data source over a centralized one other than making some autists feel warm and fuzzy inside.
There is no guarantee to the user that the data is correct and not being manipulated by the operators
There is no guarantee that the data is up to date
There is no guarantee that the data source is trustworthy by the oracles pulling the data

The same exact issues that appear with centralized data sources appear with decentralized ones and are even worse now that you can't place your trust in a single unified platform that can be held responsible for their manipulation should it ever occur.

>Answer this, why are blockchain smart contracts valuable? Is it trustlessless - being without a single point of trust, do you agree?
>If you rely on one oracle, there's your single point of trust. What that oracles says, goes. The smart contract is much more fallible then.

The value of smart contracts have nothing to do with the value of oracles. No one gives a fuck where the data is coming from as long as it's correct. You are conflating smart contracts with data sources.

People care about the decentralization of only one of these things.

Instead of explaining why anyone would ever use Chainlink you wasted a whole post whining that there is someone here who isn't as retarded as you.

Lmao, I'm done here. You linkies have single-handedly pointed out that there is no value to be gained from the stupid shit Chainlink is trying to do other than to make a few Veeky Forumstards happy.
See you on lambola- Lmao oh right, chainlink is a useless token that no one outside of a handful of small-cap tokens will use while it's new and quickly forget about it as they realize it is completely unnecessary.

In order for smart contracts to work for anything other than basic buy and sell orders you need information from outside of the blockchain. You do that with oracles. There is nobody offering a trustless way to get that information on to the blockchain besides chainlink.

Listen, listen to this. Why do we need 25,000 ethereum nodes, keeping track of the same smart contracts, when you can execute all smart contracts on a single machine? Why do we need 7000 copies of the bitcoin ledger, the bitcoin ledger is a data source, why is it not centralized?
Kill yourself

Link does everything. Sports bettinh contracts are 1 such facet

>The dot come analogy
come again?

now I understand why this project is still pretty much under the radar, it's really not for brainlets like many people already said. Go buy dogecoin, should be on your mental level to grasp it

>No one gives a fuck where the data is coming from as long as it's correct.
That's the point dude. ChainLink is secure, cheaper and tamperproof. A centralized oracle can, and I mean can be tampered. The ChainLink network will provide many nodes and ways of verifying the data and making sure it is correct before sending it to the Smart Contracts.

Read the wallpaper.

The node operators will be running Intel SGX so they are not able to "see" the data the provide or tampered with. An estimated 80%+ of smart contracts need oracles to utilize off chain data. No company worth anything is going to trust their data to one party that provides a centralized solution. Centralized = central point of failure. Imagine if bitcoin, instead of being decentralized with third parties mining and in turn providing the network with security by preventing a single point of failure, there was one company or person that held all of the private keys for you. People wouldn't trust it. They wouldn't use it. Decentralized oracles solve this problem, as well as provide multiple sources to pull the same data from to ensure that it is correct and also to prevent from possible node downtime due to external factors such as power outages etc. Any other questions?

I get it's promising all this stuff but all the fancy smart coins envision connecting to data sources. It's possible to make contracts that require paid for confirmation of data from many sources aka decentralized data sources through many coins that aren't valued very highly even though they already have these capabilities promised by link. Seems like a marketing campaign about buzzwords over content like most coins. Can I bet on sports or do something using link now or in the near future?

>you can't place your trust in a single unified platform that can be held responsible for their manipulation should it ever occur.
Wrong. Bad oracles have ruined reputation like bad nodes are rejected from the ethereum network.

Let's say you have to choose a centralized oracle service.
Do you use oraclize or towncrier? Whichever one has better quality and record. Same system applies in an oracle network.

Why don't you just admit you're too dumb?

The point is not the you can't bet on sports right now. It's the fact that using blockchain to facilitate the bets and payments would would faster, cheaper, trustless, more secure. In order for this to work you need oracles. You need Chainlink.

Dude it's simple.

- almost all smart contracts need to pull data from oracles
- centralized oracles are a central point of failure
- decentralized oracles provide security

Can someone screen cap all of this retards posts so we can laugh at him later. Can't on my phone

Other coins already have oracles and contracts can be set up to require confirmation of data from multiple sources. No reason not to use one of the existing platforms to develop actual decentralized oracles providing actual data instead of creating a new coin unless you want to cash out on the hype you can create surrounding the idea.

name these other coins, please.

What the fuck are you even talking about man. Name one of these coins and give an example of how it uses oracles to pull data from multiple streams. You're pulling this shit out of your ass and everyone can tell

>they're just trying to cash in on hype
> team does literally zero hype or marketing

Link FUD has truly reached abject retard tier ITT.

What fucking marketing campaign are you talking about? They're looking to get actual adoption from industry while creating zero hype in this space.

>Brannan's wife divorced him and he was forced to liquidate much of his real estate to pay her one-half of their assets. He died poor and in relative obscurity.

JUST

Levi's, Nordstrom, all the old money in Seattle and San Fran basically

I already mentioned byteball. Qtum also promises trusted oracles and already has lots of crazy stuff like evm interoperability. You could implement decentralized data sources in eth even and probably a lot more coins.

Brannan/Brendan/Brandon is the most beta name

Every one of them gets cucked