I understand what they're trying to do, but what's the use of the token?

I understand what they're trying to do, but what's the use of the token?

To decrease in value, duh.

Literally just trying to invent a use for it. All they've come up with is burning them
Reqt

Then you clearly don't understand what they are trying to do.

Long story short, you need REQ tokens to pay the network fees, and network fees will occur on every possible transaction from the payment network.
On top a friction of the Network fees will get burned. So in the end that means: REQ is need to use the network. You don't have to hold the directly. (Read their latest Blog about the Kyber possibility,)

If they get burned, what to do when there are no more REQ's?

it should level out with staking eventually, right?

REQ Cash

Will always be REQ, the team mentions nanoREQ, the token is infinitely divisible. Personally I think it will quickly burn off 50% and slow as use increases. REQ could easily be worth $50 + in the future due to staking, burn and market share. It's very early days and you should be comfy by now (if not you're doing it wrong).

Tokens are divisible. When REQ costs $0.05, maybe it costs 2 REQ per payment. When REQ costs $50, it would cost 0.002 REQ per payment.

For example if you're charged 10 cents fee for using the REQ network, the 10 cents will be used to buy X amount of REQ at market price (eg. on Kyber), then burned.

Higher REQ price = less REQ that 10cents can buy = slower burn rate

While REQ has not reached mass adoption, we can expect a shit ton of REQ being burned as network fees due to the low price. Once the tokens get scarce, price should rise naturally.

If these tokens are going to be used as fees then why would they want 1req to cost $1. I'll read the whiteoaper but this coin sounds like shit.

the post right above yours explained this you absolute and utter mongoloid. Honestly just stay away from this coin, already too many dumb pajeets in this already so we don't need any more.

Who wants 1 REQ as 1 USD

You read nothing otherwise such a random assumption wouldn't come out your mouth.

Guess everything is answered from other anons. The burn rate can easily be adjusted / lower / higher, depending in the network adoption.
Furthermore REQ has 18dec, that means there is literally no possible was to have no more REQs.

THIS.

REQ isn't going to magically explode within a couple months.

ETH received $18m from their ICO in 2014, and it took them 3 years until the value of ETH exploded. The Request team got $30 million, now imagine what they will be able to accomplish with so much start-up money.

REQ will need 3-4 years before it REALLY explodes. I bought $2k worth of REQ a couple weeks ago and literally locked it on my Ledger for 3 years.

REQ can easily reach $20 billion market cap in a couple years.

Staking doesn't create new tokens. Staking gets a portion of the gas fees for the network. On plasma Request will have it's own blockchains. There needs to be nodes on this network the same as the main ETH network.
People staking REQ validate transactions and will get a share of the Gas costs for doing so. So for the same transaction some REQ will be burnt, and some will be sent to the people validating the transactions. No new REQ will be created. Note that this is all speculation on how plasma will run from what info we have so far.

what is staking
regards, brainlet

Read the whitepaper and it still sounds like shit. Better off with everex if people want to invest in this space. When the release the alpha end of year and it's still below ICO I think that's when people will wake up it's going nowhere.

Look at crypto in 2014 and look at crypto in 2018. Its not going to take years, not with this market

Just sold have of my 32k REQ stack this morning for barely above ICO. I'll come back to this later, but I just can't miss any more moon missions waiting for this to pick up. I guess I don't have what it takes to be this much of an early adopter

You read nothing and now it's even confirmed with your garbage shilling.
Could you give any constructive arguments? It's hard to comprehend the projects vision, because it's a whole network.
Gtfo pajeet and don't come back

Chance of hitting moon missions these days is kinda unlikely, but i can understand you. Good luck

Thanks, we're guarantied to moon tomorrow now, cheers.

It's going to be tough in a couple years when you realise you dumped over a million worth of req to play shitcoin roulette.

If this happens I'll just be glad I'm still holding over a million worth of req.

Haha this larper. So disgusting

32K REQ stack, i will give you the benefit of doubt - so it's 32k USD

You sold half of the stack...so now you have 16k USD left....to be have 1M REQ your avarage buy in was around 0,015 USD - nope never happened, sorry.

I love the Internet and the pajeets.

I may be poor, but you're retarded.

req is biggest shitcoin roulette there is.

Unironocly it is hit hard or go home lol.

Low chances big payoff.

Where is the fcking million?

Why? Can't it be mildly successful but not next Paypal level? It can take a few percent cut of Paypal transactions and it will still be a significant increase in the coin value.

Why should it be only black and white?

This. If u don't like to gamble invest in ETH and BTC, but don't expect huge gains.

REQ will make it senpai.
Wait until their testnet release next month.
It will basically promote itself from then on.