Bitcoin threads on /g/ from 2010

To celebrate Bitcoin almost reaching 10k, let's dig up ancient threads to find out what anons thought about it back then.

The only archive available that actually has such old threads is a piece of shit that doesn't have a search function, so you have to search for them manually, help me out.

yuki.la/g/page/1

Link the threads you find here

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S21988168
warosu.org/g/thread/S11514696
warosu.org/g/thread/S11537714
warosu.org/g/thread/S13527775#p13530375
warosu.org/g/thread/S11537714#p11538596
warosu.org/g/thread/S14709605
warosu.org/g/thread/S16679359
warosu.org/g/thread/S16605907
warosu.org/g/thread/S1650185
blockchain.info/address/12ja3APjcefvaABEPSZj4RWoapryUf77ij
blockexplorer.com/address/1P8tkiZvGrXWvEDs98ZpshyNbudcHZCzSD
warosu.org/g/thread/S16287805#p16289245
warosu.org/g/thread/S17228328#p17229545
warosu.org/g/thread/S17228328
blockchair.com/bitcoin/address/1HWqXFtBk7CZ1PpFTo5XxrF29sqncSLecW
4archive.org/board/biz/thread/1050666
warosu.org/g/thread/S17080966
warosu.org/g/thread/S17798483
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That sounds like work.

No. I had an old trip on /g/ and half of the bitcoin bashing back in '10 came from me.

Fuck, I probably used the term "buttcoin" more than anyone else on /g/ back then

lmao, did you buy any or did you really think it was that shit?

warosu is far better for this shit. Oddly enough, this archive only goes back to mid 2010 so I couldn't find my autistic rialing against bitcoin (most of which was done in 2009 and spring 2010)

Found this mega thread warosu.org/g/thread/S21988168

Thought Warosu only went back to 2012, much better indeed

This is the earliest archived mention of Bitcoin in the archive, that user better be rich now

warosu.org/g/thread/S11514696

One of the earliest threads

warosu.org/g/thread/S11537714

I remember this shit.. Why didn't I listen.

warosu.org/g/thread/S13527775#p13530375

I WANT TO DIE!
I WANT TO DIE!
I WANT TO FUCKING DIE!

I used to spend all my time on /g/ and ignored it all like a retard

>tfw you where in those threads

warosu.org/g/thread/S11537714#p11538596

there aren't enough wojaks in existence for this one

warosu.org/g/thread/S14709605
warosu.org/g/thread/S16679359
warosu.org/g/thread/S16605907
warosu.org/g/thread/S1650185

Jesus user relax its all gonna be ok just let mommy tuck you in she brought you warm tendies and milkies

Found any wallets?
blockchain.info/address/12ja3APjcefvaABEPSZj4RWoapryUf77ij

A guy from that thread

that's the same one I found. Seems he abandoned it with 0.05 bitcoins left in it(over $450 at present prices)

blockexplorer.com/address/1P8tkiZvGrXWvEDs98ZpshyNbudcHZCzSD

This guy, holy fuck
warosu.org/g/thread/S16287805#p16289245

>bunch of faggots arguing with each other

hmm, not much has changed

Guy said he runs an exchange. Wonder what hes up to now.

Hope this guy is rich now
warosu.org/g/thread/S17228328#p17229545

these are funny, but kinda depressing.
I'm glad I never had that kind of experience. Hopefully one day this works out for us all and we can help the ones we care about.

he's definitely not rich since he couldn't cash out

>yfw if this guy still has his 200+ bitcoins he spent $200 on

Kek people calling bitcoin wallets and mining software a virus

warosu.org/g/thread/S17228328

So back then a $180 card mined $15 worth of bitcoin / day?

Damn

FUD has always been with us.

Not from /g/ but I'll upload it anyway.

>blockchair.com/bitcoin/address/1HWqXFtBk7CZ1PpFTo5XxrF29sqncSLecW
he had 5btc in this address
if you follow the chain, it appears this person might have at least 15000 bitcoin, and his last activity may have been even this week, so we he was a hodler through and through

Heres an early ETH thread

4archive.org/board/biz/thread/1050666

warosu.org/g/thread/S17080966

People calling Bitcoin a bubble at $1

yeah but my fucking nvidia gtx560 brand new was too inefficient because of the hardware architecture. AMD luckily created their cards in a way which suited mining

that's why i'm not a whale..

holy shit all those guys with 100+ btc :p

Really really hope they kept it.

Fuck. I hope you guys can find the community bitcoin mining pool threads. The OP fucking scammed us out of a whole block. About $1k at the time, half a million today.

Imagine setting a farm back then, and I'm not even talking about holding the coins

ROI in 12 days for each card, then pure profit

Difficulty increased in June that year by a lot, so maybe that guy had 1-2 more months of easy gains.

>one day this works out for us all
>all
>capitalist society

FUCK WE NEED TO BUILD A TIME TRAVEL DEVICE BROS
ITS NOT FAIR AAAAAAAA

This is hilarious

warosu.org/g/thread/S17798483

This legit reminds me of LINK threads. Brb putting another few thousand into link

From that thread.

Holy shit, it's like reminisce old ex.
I still remember arguing in those threads too.
>mfw 0 in crypto till today
Thanks OP for feels.

Veeky Forums didnt change. look biz, panicking victims of whales all over, buying high selling low all the time with mom's money.

that and not investing in powr for holding even though we are at the bottom of the dip. LUL

to be honest you find those retards again here saying the same exact of bullshit even though they are just broke, bitter and young retards.

i kind of understand why bin laden did what he did now we really a bunch of fags when you look at the majority. stupids fucks

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T I LISTEN

>tfw I was the main shill in that thread

we will be looking at the nolinker threads the same way in a year

Holy fuck I remember this.

Reminds me of Ark threads

We set the template

no, link will die like many other shitcoins that made it to top 100 then back to oblivion

this user probably commit suicide long ago

>that guy who said he forgot his password to access 2,000 ETH

I wonder how he feels now

>Already cashed out
I think I'll wait as long as it takes to never care about how much money I spend again

looks like the modern LINK threads

All of us on Veeky Forums

Good to reminisce. But the future is where it's at!

Right

Funny thing is that anons are doing the same shit today with LINK, REQ and others. Learn from this. Put some money you can afford to lose and hodl that shit. Don't be laugh fodder in a few years as those anons are now.

>tfw I was the OP
You paid for my daughter's cancer treatment and now she's perfectly healthy

After ETH there’s been nothing worth shilling for me.

It was that combination of a completely revolutionary idea and the will and resources to pull off the vision. I think ETH is on the cusp of realising that grand vision....Satoshis vision.

>link
Bought 1000 for the lols
>req
What is that shitcoin?

wow

>mfw their excitement at hitting $2

If only they knew, I hope some of them held until now.

>This whole Ethereum thing reminds me of Doge coin, which is why this board was created in the first place, to get us all out of /g/.

A couple people mine the hell out of it when it first gets created (usually the creator), then shill it extremely hard until it's value doubles, then the creator dumps everything and watches it crash.

This whole minor "coin" infrastructure is just a anonymous decentralized pump and dump scheme, that has worked way too many times.

All it takes it the knowledge of how to create a coin, some server space, and a couple friends to camp a couple websites.

>It's only a pump and dump by speculators. There is no doubt in my mind that the devs take ETH seriously, however, that means dick as far as the actual price is concerned. Look at Ripple for example. They have way more of a powerhouse in terms of banking connections, Google sponsorship, Ripple Labs employees from various Fortune 500, banks and federal reserves. They are also the closest technology wise with the creation of Codius and smart contracts. Yet the price of Ripple has remained pretty stable and low. I would say ETH has about a year or less until the value drops and levels off like Ripple did.
>Even the makers of Ethereum said it's a useless buy and hold because they will be engaging in huge inflation during the early years.
>This ethereum is, at best, a fools errand, and at worse an outright fraud.

OMG and Link fudders one year ago.

1-3 days to generate 50 bitcoin

Fuck!!!