Satoshi's vision

To all Satoshi's vision memes, have you considered that Satoshi could be wrong in his design and vision? What's the point of a deflationary currency?
Consider the bitcoin pizza meme : back in the days you bought a pizza for 10000 bitcoins. 3 year laters the same pizza was worth 3.3 million usd, today, the same pizza is worth 90 millions usd.
The dude paid is pizza with fiat and hodl btc he is now a multi millionaire.

TL;DR hodl bitcoin, don't buy shit with it. Satoshi is a man not some kind of crypto-finance god.

yes don't buy bitcoin because you'll spend less

kys

This leads to my next question, what the point of bitcoin cash? it's slower that any other altoin, it has higher fees and is deflationary like bitcoin (not mean as a currency).

did you even bother to read?

What's the difference between converting all your fiat to BTC and buying your pizza with BTC vs buying your pizza with fiat and then putting the rest of the fiat into BTC?

People will still buy shit for personal consumption with a deflationary currency. The only problem lies in that people who want to invest will buy BTC instead of investing in productive parts of the economy while BTC is still gaining adoption.

However, if you consider a post-adoption world where BTC is already in massive use, BTC would only be more valuable the more valuable the world's economy is. That means hodling BTC at that point is akin to having money in an index fund, meaning, there is sure to be more profitable places to put your wealth.

why hold fiat at all? you inevitably have to spend money so you may as well put it all in bitcoin because it will go up.

Bitcoin doesn't even have a store of value proposition it's price is completely driven by people buying it because they believe it will go up. Meanwhile bitcoin cash will continue to go up because it has the ability to scale into everyday transactions meaning demand will come from the fact that is useful as money not just a speculative bubble

no crypto can win as a store of value anyway because gold does not require the internet. Cryptocurrency can succeed as being a better cash than gold or fiat

>What's the difference between converting all your fiat to BTC and buying your pizza with BTC vs buying your pizza with fiat and then putting the rest of the fiat into BTC?
you fiat is inflationary, it loses at least 2% of its value every month. The different in the short term is negligeable, in the long run on the other way is life changing money. The bitcoin is a store of value meme is not that far from reality, look at it as a long term investment, and you don't want to buy something with a stock that can be worth as much as twice next year for example.

>People will still buy shit for personal consumption with a deflationary currency. The only problem lies in that people who want to invest will buy BTC instead of investing in productive parts of the economy while BTC is still gaining adoption.

investing in "productive parts of the economy" is not for everyone, you want to buy stocks or invest in an IPO, you have to be an accredited investor, riches get reacher, poor get poorer.

>
However, if you consider a post-adoption world where BTC is already in massive use, BTC would only be more valuable the more valuable the world's economy is. That means hodling BTC at that point is akin to having money in an index fund, meaning, there is sure to be more profitable places to put your wealth.

i think btc's value follows a logarithmic way which tends to be relatively steady at a certain point. bitcoin will have its use as a world reserve currency then.

the only reason people buy bitcoin at all is because the exchanges only allow trading with initial btc deposit

without it the price would be halved

How is it Veeky Forums is full of unironic communists? Has somebody made an effort shilling shitcoins on /leftypol/?

Satoshi's vision is a hellhole wasteland ruled by unmerciful nazi NEETs. They send their armies in military lambos just to settle capeshit arguments.

Trillios of fiat currency wasted in wars such as Asuka or Rei, could UI Goku beat Superman prime and such.

Such will be life after "we make it".

Satoshi is a piece of shit

BCH exchange. Coming soon is on twitter

>why hold fiat at all? you inevitably have to
spend money so you may as well put it all in bitcoin because it will go up.

don't hold fiat, buy bitcoin as an investment, and spend your fiat, not your bitcoins

>Bitcoin doesn't even have a store of value proposition it's price is completely driven by people buying it because they believe it will go up. Meanwhile bitcoin cash will continue to go up because it has the ability to scale into everyday transactions meaning demand will come from the fact that is useful as money not just a speculative bubble

Bitcoin has de-facto a store of value proposition, it is deflationary, which means it gains value, as adoption grows. On the other hand bitcoin cash is based on bitcoin's tech : deflationary, high confirmation time and high fees, compared to other crypto currencies. We are far from visa, and to be realistic i see only a handful of crypto that can handle visa's transations (and their tech are highly controversial, xrp and xlm)

>no crypto can win as a store of value anyway because gold does not require the internet. Cryptocurrency can succeed as being a better cash than gold or fiat

bitcoin has few use cases today : an investment, a mean to buy altcoin, that makes it the gold standard of crypto (most of altcoins are valued in bitcoin). bitcoin, as a store of value is far more convinient than gold, it does not requires the internet, but it sure is a pain in the ass when you want to transfer it or when you want to divide it. Regarding mass adoption crypto is neither winning nor failing, nobody really cares about mass adoption, most of the people are here for making money.

You are not wrong. Donated in todays bitcoin value around 50K to right wing groups and individuals, who showed that they are willing to go hard on lefties and Niggers. Crypto is the reason t_D is president and Soros is failling with his plan. All hail to Hitlers ghost

>the only reason people buy bitcoin at all is because the exchanges only allow trading with initial btc deposit
without it the price would be halved

The only reason people buy bitcoin is more than of for starter, it has media coverage, it has proven to be a very lucrative investment(i can't think of anything more lucrative desu) and it combines techs that failed in the past on their own, but now have succeed.

>How is it Veeky Forums is full of unironic communists? Has somebody made an effort shilling shitcoins on /leftypol/?

what the hell are you talking about

Satoshi's vision is a hellhole wasteland ruled by unmerciful nazi NEETs. They send their armies in military lambos just to settle capeshit arguments.
Trillios of fiat currency wasted in wars such as Asuka or Rei, could UI Goku beat Superman prime and such.
Such will be life after "we make it".
Satoshi is a piece of shit

I think satoshi's vision is the argument of authority that legitimate bitcoin cash's hardfork. if it doesn't stands as an unquestionable divine law, bcash has absolutely no point.

btw

>don't hold fiat, buy bitcoin as an investment, and spend your fiat, not your bitcoins
or just hold bitcoin cash and spend bitcoin cash

>Bitcoin has de-facto a store of value proposition
btc is a bubble; just because something is deflationary does not make it valuable, it grew to this value because people see the value in peer to peer cash. it may got to 50k but it will not survive the next crash. Anyone that understands btc is moving out permanently.

bitcoin cash has the btc sha256 blockchain and there is nothing alts can do that cannot be adopted by bch. Bitcoin cash can easily scale to visa scale on chain as satoshi outlined

>you can't use deflationary currencies
>inflation is actually good
GOOD GOY

Btw, the dude who paid for the pizza said the 10000 were only a portion of his Bitcoin and he had a few 10 thousands more which he hodled. So he's still a multi millionaire.

You aren't embrazing Satoshi Canseco vision?

>or just hold bitcoin cash and spend bitcoin cash
the problem stays the same, what if you bought a game on steam that's worth 30 bucks with bcash when it was worth 330usd (that's 0.091 bcash), today you paid 150 bucks for this game.

>you can't use deflationary currencies
>inflation is actually good
GOOD GOY

inflation is good for consumption yes, if not for deflation people wouldn't buy shit and hodl their money

i'm glad for him, doesn't change the fact that he was way overcharged for a god damn pizza.

not familiar with his vision desu

Exactly. The whole "Satoshi's vision" thing is legit a religious cult now. Just because Satoshi wrote it, proposed it, supposedly thought it doesn't mean it's right.

fuck you're retarded. anything you've spent in the past can be priced in bitcoin, what has that got to do with justfying using fiat

Every dollar you've ever owned is worth more if you'd turned them into bitcoin instead of video games that doesn't have anything to do with justifying transacting in fiat.

you had 1dollar in 1940, it is now worth 0.058 dollar. you had a bitcoin in 2010 (worth approximately 1 dollar) it is now worth 1 bitcoin (9000 dollars)

>Every dollar you've ever owned is worth more if you'd turned them into bitcoin instead of video games that doesn't have anything to do with justifying transacting in fiat.

I agree hodl, bitcoin, and if you want to buy shit use fiat

I can't help you

my point is either way (for bitcoin or bcash) hodl, don't use it as a currency, you will lost by design.
also if bitcoin cash can't be used as a currency, it has no point.

well you may try again, i don't get you

ok i see what i did there

>inflation is good for consumption yes, if not for inflation people wouldn't buy shit and hodl their money.

fixed

You are retarded. Do whatever you want and let us try and use our deflationary cryptos, ok?

well you din't need my permission in the first place.
have fun buying coffee that might cost you 10x the price in 1 year

>people wouldn't buy shit and hodl their money
>buying and hodling (reddit meme) at the same time is somehow possible...
I give you an 8/10 for the amount of replies you've gotten so far. Impressive troll

not familiar with reddit's meme.
i admire that most of the poster have absolutely no substance in their replies, and their ok with it.
if you care to elaborate, you're welcome.

thanks to the other part that at least tried to elevate the debate.