Raiden Network Token(RDN)

Any thoughts on this little beauty??? Is she heading straight for the moon or am I looking at another confido bullshit scam???

bump

Bump

10 usd before Christmas!

I'm torn between investing in this, Ripio, or Quantstamp. Shill me? I'm trying to turn $250 into $1500 so I can run a ZEN secure node, and I need 36 more ZEN to do so..

The team behind raiden is putting zero effort into marketing this coin and look how it moving! I say the technology speaks for itself anything under 5 dollars is a steal this coin will go the way of antshares and will have a similar price of around 50 dollars within 6 months.

Raiden is a payment network built on top of the Ethereum network. The goal of the Raiden project is to provide an easy to use conduit for off-chain (i.e. not on the Ethereum blockchain) payments without the need of trust among the involved parties.
This is done by broadcasting transactions on the blockchain only during settlements, and not at each individual transaction between the two parties.
It works similarly to a bar tab, in that you only pay the total to the bar when you are done for the day, instead of going through the whole payment process each time you purchase a drink. Each “bar tab” is called a channel.
By using off-chain payment channels instead of settling on the blockchain for each transaction, parties in a channel can send money or tokens back and forth nearly instantly, in high volume, and without fees until settling the net amount on the Ethereum blockchain when the parties decide to close the channel.
Any particular channel is one to one (Alice to Bob for example), but the channels can be linked together to form a network, so users can pay anyone within the network. The picture below shows that even though F has a channel only with A, but anyone in the network can pay F by interacting with the channel involving A.

Since only the two participants have access to the deposit in the payment channel's smart contract, payment channel transfers are immune to double-spending attacks, making them as secure as on-chain transactions

so u think RDN over QSP or RCN?

RCN and QSP are both interesting, but I think RDN has more potential both short and long term. If not RDN then I would pick RCN over QSP.. RCN also has a 'loans' element, which is really another kind of facility over simple merchant transactions and I worry they are reaching too far and will struggle to deliver...

I often hear that RDN token was just a fundraiser, can you back up, with sources, why this isnt the case and the token has utility on the network?

shill me ZEN

my research isn't answering this, a lot eth fans seem to be butthurt that this involves a token when it didn't need one. pls answer me user reee

i'm too dumb sorry. but it's a platform, one that i think will bring major competition to XMR. And with secure nodes, you can make fat stacks every month since it's relatively underground still, so 3.5% of block reward goes to these secure noders, which is like 7 ZEN a month if there's say 2000 supernodes.

I see zen being triple digit EOY 2018, so I wanna get hooked up early. it's really interesting tech and I'd certainly take the time to read about it. big news in like 4 days too

it actually said that on the site.
the team said there actually wasn't a real use for the token except to raise money.

that's why I didn't buy this.

it seems there are use cases for it though, in the ETH and RDN network,no?

no. the token is useless.
it was a fundraiser.
the team explicitly told everyone this.

in the faq:
Yes, peripheral services will be paid for in RDN tokens, a virtual currency dedicated to pay for services within the Raiden Network. Note that this token is not at the core of the protocol and only used by participants who opt to pay for the convenience of not having to run a full node.

Read the faq, explains all..

Fuck man I just checked ZEN team. Their operational officer is literally used car salesman. Good p'n'd though

I picked up a few thousand. RDN looks like a winner

Rising nicely on binance right now.. might be worth a look

i am in since it was tradable on binance with a few BTC, that makes me a boner rght now :D
the first time i am in from the beginning.
fapfapfap

Does this still have room for a x2 before EOY?

>operational officer
the team is solid nigger, i don't care if some "op officer" is a used car salesmen, he's no dev so it's not like it matters.

possibly more, getting increased volume by the hour.

ZEN has some big news in 4 days, if I can't buy my 8 ZEN back I'm going to kill you

if I come back with 42 ZEN you've done me good user

Raiden is such a comfy hold. I'm all in on this since the start on etherdelta and still didn't sell, no problem to sleep on this.

would you still buy in?

Yes. µraiden coming on 28-30 november. It's only on binance/huobi.

Fuck I remember when this was $1.20 on Binance. Why didn't I buy in then. Fuck the regret is painful.

cool thanks m8, I'm already up for earlier (not that says anything, but it's comforting)