Getting started

I just turned 18. I'm new to pretty much everything this board is about, but I'm very interested. Any tips or things you guys would recommend doing to get started? I have around 8k to get started.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/H64lTMC.jpg
schwab.com/public/schwab/investing/accounts_products/accounts/ira/roth_ira
rsihunter.com/index.php?time=5m
agile-cliffs-23967.herokuapp.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m5U3j1qusvwVcENu_7a4IoObQxuV8tKfAQaEl3HvmwU/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump because i'm in the same boat

Here is your redpill:

i.imgur.com/H64lTMC.jpg

Everything else is bluepill.

They will scam you to death.

Kill yourself

I'm sick of these faggot kiddies from reddit who want spoonfed on everything.

Learn to Google before shitting up the board you subhuman.

Divide you money and buy BTC, ETH and LTC. Do not venture into alts until you spend at least a month or two studying, reading other sites than this one. Follow this board and watch what happens. You will get a sense of pump and dumps and actual early moon missions. Don't jump in too early.

After you feel you have enough information to buy some alts. Only take your profits from your first three investments to trade. Never take out your initial investment, only profits. If you are down and have not profits, wait. If you lose what you traded with, wait until you have more profits from your original investment to trade.

Do not believe anything your read here. Do not click on links here.

get started with your mother if you want to start

In the end you will buy LINK anyway.

So just make an account at binance. Transfer ETH BTC and buy LINK aka Chainlink and pray for Sergey your new GOD.

Thanks, man. What is a "moon mission"?

Don't invest in memebux. Go stock or go home.

Throw half of it into Mara and pull out on the $3 increase.

Invest all of it in Ethereum right now. When the Bitcoin bubble bursts people are going to be flocking to Ethereum instead.

I'm not from reddit. I'm asking a question that people can either ignore or help out with, the whole point of the anonymous board.

Sorry if this is something you hate. Just leave.

Only one rule to remember user and you too will be a millionaire like everyone else on this board.
Buy high, sell low

Leave Veeky Forums right away. Do not take advice from Veeky Forums. Do NOT take advice from Veeky Forums

I doubt everyone can be that bad... right?

Buy Bitcoin
Don't be tempted by MemeCoins even if they pump 50% or more a day.
Hodl
Buy the dips (never go all in at once)

biz is the frontpage of "shill your stupid business here". take everything with a grain of salt, even when people seem to go wild. there's some good information scattered across, but you have to look for it. as for advice, I'd say you need to study the markets a bit on your own, lately biz is all about crypto which is kind of a scam desu

People are buying a fictional currency which they can't cash out on.

Ill be honest here. I have listened to biz and made real good money. Its not that you shouldnt listen to biz, but you should DYOR on the coins shilled. I started with 15k 4 months ago and now I have 70k, Yes I have some dumb trades RDD/SIA/GNT, but onlya couple hundred bux to feel the market and get used to trading.
With time and I have learned a heap since then and I am confident in my ability, and im making about 2-5k a week.

I have since quit my job and im living off crypto and its easily paying for my mortgage, bills, food, and parties.

Just dont be a dumb cunt and DYOR.

Exchanges are everywhere and they work, why aren't you able to cash out?

>Any tips or things you guys would recommend doing to get started?
Don't invest in cryptocurrencies. It's a trap. This ride never ends.

Best advice one could give. Federal reserve life extension at best.

post pic of feet

do the opposite of what biz says.
for example i tell you to sell eth to buy link.
what do you do?

I'm male.

why is no one giving the best advice
bitcoin is going to crash around $11,000 down to around $2,000 over a couple of weeks/months
Buy Bitcoin after it has crashed to around $2,000

Thank you all for your contributions. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

dont listen to this faggot

sell link to buy eth

Buy BTC —> don’t move this around
Buy LTC —> don’t move this around either

You can look into ETH but it will likely fall and losing money immediately when you’re new can be intimidating

Read up on some alts, I would suggest MOD and REQ as they have the most credible teams, these are for holding. anything else stay away from bc they are PnD and you will not know how to time them. When you get used to everything you can play around with a small % of your profits if you decide you want to rise hype trains for quick $

what do you think bitcoin is going to do?

20K in march
screencap this

This is pretty sound advice.
BTC seems unstoppable right now.

Should I use Coinbase, or is there another service you guys would recommend?

you should look into POWR, BAT and MOD

Yeah and while you're at it get some DGB, RDD, NMR and Myst

Seriously though OP, just buy and hold btc/ltc/eth. Don't fuck with the alt coin market or you WILL get fucked.

Most people here are retarded and have an agenda to shill their shitcoin or cope with their own mistakes.

You'd need a guide in order to not make mistakes. But since you don't have one, always think about the following:
1. The big coins (BTC, ETH, LTC and maybe NEO) never disappoint and it's hard to lose money trading them
2. Don't get blinded by shitcoin growth. You probably will anyway, but still: The chance that you'll make 10000% on a shitcoin are very low.
3. Never buy when the market looks like it does right now. It's going to correct and when it will, you will cry. Buy when no one wants to buy. Seriously, especially the big coins.
4. What exchange you use depends on where you're from. Coinbase is good as a fiat gateway if you're from the US.

what do you think about bitcoincash?

I really hope they (BCH shills) will make a move during the next hours/day. BCH is moving right now and might cause some disruption.
All it can do is cause BTC to dip again - that's what I'm waiting for since I'm not buying it at 9k+.

But no, I don't think there will be a flippening. Bcash missed its chance.

Buy & hold:
80% in BTC
5% each xmr / ltc / eth

5% for trading with shitcoins to actively LEARN the market. If you consistently outperform btc, just THEN I would put more into it.

Don't fomo
Stop losses every fucking time
Buy the dip
After a coin mooned within like 1day it WILL go down . Always monitor volume

>fomo
wut

Put your money in low cost mutual fund that tracks a broad swath of the market (for example the S&P 500 or the Russel 3000), preferably in tax preferred account such as a Roth IRA. Schwab has the lowest costs right now. If you're lazy here's a link schwab.com/public/schwab/investing/accounts_products/accounts/ira/roth_ira

Every year make sure you put in your maximum qualified contribution (meaning the amount you can put in tax preferred).

Now forget about it for 40 years.

Or if you want, you can put all your money in a neat little pile, pour gasoline on it, and burn it to ashes.

I like these ratios

fear of mising out
aka: buying high selling low (the biz-way)

Moon missions are investments that brings you many % gains and increases your profit. For example Chainlink is a moon mission in 2018 and will likely make some comfy gains.

so? post pics of tummy :3

I'm overweight.

good ratios, i would hold as much ratio of XMR as LTC and ETH, though. So 75% BTC, 5% XMR, LTC, ETH and shitcoin trading.

A word about altcoin trading, stop losses, and chart views.

Don't try to trade without a stop loss. Set one IMMEDIATELY when you buy in, especially if you are dumb like me and chase moon missions. The safest way to do this is trace 1-2% behind the highest bid with your conditional sell price and set your ask another .5% behind the trigger. That way you're less likely to get blown out during a major selloff. Sometimes the timing is just bad.

DO use 1h, 4h and 24h charts. Learn how to read RSI, stoch, and create fib retracement graphs. The more tools you understand, the easier it will be to sift through the bs on tradingview. DO create a tradingview account and use their free trial. It's a resource that costs you nothing but time you would have been wojaking instead.

DONT chase moon missions. 99% of the time you will be holding bags or selling for 5% loss or more. The 1% exception is when bitcoin cash starts jumping .01 btc every two seconds like it did two weeks ago. I still used stop losses and tried to keep my sell a few % behind the bid.

Other than that, just remember to hold. Daytrading shitcoins can be pretty gnarly, trading big parts of your stack to ride any sort of rise rarely ends well. Find comfort and confidence in knowing you have made really good picks. If you waited a few weeks, its likely the market is going to correct from this crazy bull run. You may get lower prices. But, of course, DYOR.

chubby is nice too, you know ;)

this

buy index funds of blue chips stocks, not shitcoin vaporware

>1. Do not believe anything you read here.
Most (not all) people here are scammers. They will shill (promote) their coins to you. They will tell you only the good things about their coins.

2. Do not get caught in the hype/fomo (fear of missing out).
Since you're new here, I suggest you to stay away from any moon missions/hype/fomo for the first 2 months. You need to get the feel first. You will see that many 'moon missions' will end up as disasters, people literally lose tens of thousands of $ in those so-called moon missions.

3. DYOR (Do Your Own Research).
Some, maybe only a small group of people here are honest and actually give good advices or hints about what coins that could go big. This is the part where DYOR comes into play.

What should you research?
>The team
If the team doesn't look professional and convincing, don't invest in their project. Google what happened with Confido two weeks ago.

>The market
Projects that aims to tap the market in finance, customer daily products etc are usually successful. Even better if they are partnered with governments, big banks and big companies.

>The market cap
Price does not matter. A $0.40 coin is not necessarily better than a $5 coin. Vice versa. Don't think that "hey this coin is only 40 cent a piece. This is a steal!" No. It doesn't work like that.

The smaller the market cap, the better, yes. Because that means a bigger room for potential growth. But small market cap also doesn't mean shit if the team or the project is shit. DYOR!

That's all I can tell you for now. Enjoy the adventure and may prosperity come to you, user.

any advice on upcoming coins?

get the fuck off my board

THIS

YOU DON'T BELONG HERE FAGGOT!!!!!!!

What happened with confiding exact, I was away from busy during that

Coinbase is the best starting point. Fees are a little high but extremely user friendly

This is great advice. I would set up an exodus wallet as well after you get your feet wet in coinbase

Right now SPLIT YOUR PORTFOLIO IN HALF

Half Hold, Half Trade

Use these tools:

rsihunter.com/index.php?time=5m
agile-cliffs-23967.herokuapp.com

make a copy of my spreadsheet here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m5U3j1qusvwVcENu_7a4IoObQxuV8tKfAQaEl3HvmwU/edit?usp=sharing

THESE TOOLS ONLY TELL YOU WHERE TO LOOK, NOT WHAT TO BUY!

now split your trading portfolio, half for quick swings, half for long swings.

Get into cryptodogpound slack for medium term swings, lots of educational materials.

Rules:
See which coin you wanna look at
Look it up on twitter, add $XXX and add these tags after the search so you don't get spammed with pump group links.

> -signal -join -telegram -leverage -volatility -earned -earn -gained -gain -super -passive -1broker -discount

LOOK AT 2 HR CHART
LOOK AT 45 HR CHART

is the trend going up? if it is in your favor, check any upcoming news on Coinscalendar, or do TA if you can.

you wanna buy? good, think what you think at the right moment, are you feeling:

>missing out?
>impatience
>lack of sleep
>in a hurry?
>greedy?

DON'T TRADE, if you're not, continue.

zoom in on 5m chart, check RSI, is it flat or way above?

it needs to be below 30-50

ZOOM IN ON 1M CHART

is it still down? or way down and almost gonna cross up? if so, Might be safe to buy.

Buy, set a mental target of 5-10% and once it reaches there put a stop loss to lock in your profits and let it ride, adjust SL as necessary.

Slow movements eventually you'll make it, Good luck!

Don't buy news
sell 1 day before news
sell always before conferences
perceived value > actual value
don't listen to any coin Veeky Forums tells you to buy
if anyone says moon they automatically lose all validity
if anyone on twitter uses emojis block them
if anyone on twitter overuses gifs block them

If wolf or cryptorand shills a coin and you're holding that coin, wait 2m then dump it, buy it cheaper.

I wish you all the best

Alright, you asked for my advice and I shall answer.

HST is gonna dip tomorrow morning US time. Buy some HST at around 0.0008 - 0.00085 ETH. I would not suggest you to buy above 0.0009 ETH, but the choice is yours.

Hold until end of December and you could gain a x2 or x3 profit.

Another option is WaBi, but it will hit the market around 6-7 December. That coin is very likely to go x10 ($100m market cap) in two or three months. But you will have to be quick. People will fomo the moment it hits the market.

As always, do your own research.

Exit scam. The team is most probably non-existent, they used fake identities.

Buy LTC, XRP & LINK. Wake up in 6 months with $800k, you're welcome.

>Monitor volume
Can you be more specific, I never know when high or low volume is a good or bad thing. What can it tell me when?

Put 6.5-7k only in safe reliable cryptos such as bitcoin, litecoin, and ethereum.

If this is what you are interested in doing use the other 1-1.5k to consciously experiment in taking on more riskier investments. Since you are young and it is only 1k it won't matter at all if you lose it. With that 1k your goal is only to get more experience, making money will just be a rewarding bonus. Invest in yourself first and foremost by being serious about learning. Read books on crypto and investing. Take your time in DYOR on whatever you want to speculate on, and whether it goes right or wrong try to be conscious of what the lesson is. Enjoy the memes on biz and use it to expose yourself to new things you might otherwise not hear about, but assume that 98% of the time someone is shilling their bags to you.

Pro tip register on CB then buy from gdax no fees your welcom

You won't like it, but serious answer:
Leverage that newly-legal status on seekingarrangement, or at least Chaturbate. Be willing to prove it without compromising your identity.
This can make you $ even if you are male and straight.
Use the proceeds to invest in crypto.
Good luck.

Also be wary of letting Veeky Forums influence you very much. Veeky Forums is high-IQ people acting retarded and immature, with plenty of psychologically unhealthy people. Don't take this personally because I would say this to any 18 year old, but your brain hasn't matured enough to be that good at sifting through all the ironic idiocy and shit posting to consistently weed out the crap and find the truth.

t. deeply disturbed basement dwelling 4channer

I'm really new myself. I've been on the fence for years and finally pulled the trigger and bought some LTC on Coinbase last week. I panicked immediately. I forced myself to calm the fuck down and did some research. I moved the LTC to Binance and exchanged it for BTC. Then bought a little BNB to halve my fees.

From there I researched and researched. I invested in REQ, SUB, ARK, TNT, MOD, POWR, WTC and OMG. I started with 2.5k (before fees.) and my portfolio is sitting just under 3k right now from the last week. I've learned an insane amount and I'm having a ton of fun.

I don't recommend doing what I did and gambling all the sure fire coins for alt coins but I've always been a high risk high reward kind of guy.

I am probably disturbed, but I am not a basement dweller. I have a nice loft in the center of a major metro. The reason I know about this route is because I am a member of seekingarrangement myself, just on the other side of the coin.

When i was 18 (8 years ago) I was a /b/tard
There is no fucking way I could handle using Veeky Forums the right way, I would not be able to sift out the good info from the shit

desu I'm 30 and fuck if I know how to sift through this shit.

Post nudes and I'll give you a tip fucken reddit fag