Corda solves the oracle problem

Released 2.0 network on the 20th, semi private blockchain for institutions, already partnerships with banks, solves the oracle problem

docs.corda.net/key-concepts-oracles.html

Other urls found in this thread:

coinspeaker.com/2017/11/22/r3-microsoft-expand-partnership-deeper-corda-integration-azure-cloud-service/
corda.net/2017/05/r3-secures-largest-ever-investment-distributed-ledger-technology-usd-107-million-40-institutions/
tomorrow.fi
gtreview.com/news/fintech/r3-and-22-banks-rival-swift-with-blockchain-payments-solution/
cointelegraph.com/news/colombian-central-bank-to-test-distributed-ledger-technology-corda
corda.net/
discord.gg/dMFVdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Linkies btfo

Literally who?

thank me buy 1k :D

k, have fun investing in "corda". you surely will be making the right decision. right?

Nice to see more JSON parsers join the crypto world.

Corda by R3, R3 is an enterprise software firm working with over 100 banks, financial institutions, regulators, trade associations, professional services firms and technology companies to develop Corda, our distributed ledger platform designed specifically for financial services.

someone with more technical understanding please take a look into to the technical white paper. I'm not 100% sure if they have their own oracles or if they are using another network. I'm afraid they have their own solution

Not decentralized tho so the oracle is a point of failure

gee it's almost like you just hate LINK and found an avenue of possible attack but want someone else to do the legwork

fellow linkies think this is no big deal? I'm not sure you understand what this is right here

can you post this on the LINKtrader subreddit? I am banned

so invest in corda, dude. have fun. best wishes :^)

Garbage. Product nowhere near ready + centralized

Nothing to see here, move along linkies

coinspeaker.com/2017/11/22/r3-microsoft-expand-partnership-deeper-corda-integration-azure-cloud-service/ This could be something chainlink will be used for or this is the end of chainlink?

heh. nothin' but a second comer chump. LINK will always be #1, first mover. can't touch dis.

Yeah someone post it please! I'm not on reddit

This is about v 1.0, they just released a new network

Has ISO support as well!!

>working with over 100 banks
LMAO

They present an argument as to why parties using smart contracts need a third party Oracle for it to be trustless and then provide a centralized solution. What's the point?

Stop making shit up faggot

Looks like the article is real his link was just wrong. This might actually be something to worry about. Not gonna lie to try and make myself and others feel good.

So you think it's nothing? They are actually partnered with banks. There are companies building solutions for banks at the moment. Read the article I posted above. I'm invested in link as well but please don't let the confirmation bias get into you. I just want to get my head around this. Clearly this is solid competition to CL at least

Sorry guys. This is the first piece of FUD that makes me nervous. I'll look into it a bit more.

corda.net/2017/05/r3-secures-largest-ever-investment-distributed-ledger-technology-usd-107-million-40-institutions/

Microsoft and R3 + corda integration certainly seems like bad news for chainlink. Fortunately it seems like they are far away from having a working product let alone a decentralized solution that works across multiple blockchains. However, if banks decide to use Microsoft's solution instead of Ethereum + chainlink solution (which is definitely a possibility) this could kill LINK. Sergey better get his fucking ass in gear.

Full disclosure : 200k LINK holder

I think the Microsoft and Corda deal will mainly benefit organizations who already use Azure cloud infrastructure. I haven't seen anything that would point to easy integration of Corda into other legacy systems.

I know for a fact that they are already working on implementation with a Finnish bank called nordea, check out tomorrow.fi I've been into this a while and until this day I was thinking they'd use CL network for oracles

Link holder myself as well, but I'm fucking worried right now

You're right this seems like a centralized Oracle solution for companies that wish to use R3 semi-private blockchain as a solution instead of Ethereum or hyperledger. However, if SWIFT decides to use R3 instead of hyperledger, this could be BAD. I guess we will know more next month when SWIFT releases more news.

yup. this isn't going to be the universal system that LINK is going to be.

I was definitely too quick to brush this off as nothing. I'm still digging into it further but some help would be great.

Regardless of the blockchain they choose I think CL will be used to get data from existing systems (Fortran?) to the blockchain. Using CL would allow anyone to change blockchains at will. The CL white paper states future support for all major blockchains so I wouldn't be surprised if Corda support is announced eventually

You're right but the devs need to get their asses in gear for sure. There are other Oracle solutions that are starting to pop up, none decentralized to my knowledge besides Oracle chain in China which won't be ready until 2019 at the earliest and aeternity which is shit and will literally take a-eternity to be ready for use. Nonetheless they need to get moving on this shit and use that 32 mil to get the main net rolling out ASAP

is there a way to invest in this? or just MSFT stock.

There is no token if that's what you're asking

Tekes.fi is an organization providing innovation funding for companies, research organisations, and public sector service providers. They are funding future labs big time (see the link in my other post). Nordea, the bank they are working with operates in Finland and Sweden which are the most digitalizated countries in the world and since though to be the first ones to move into blockchain banking

Will look into this further. How much LINK are you currently holding (if you don't mind me asking)

d-do they have go developers?

>CORDA
>ORCDA
>ORACD
>ORACLE

How will the stinky linkies ever recover?

gtreview.com/news/fintech/r3-and-22-banks-rival-swift-with-blockchain-payments-solution/

Nice try, your FUD is MUD.

Would appreciate that. Please keep us posted. Others are more than welcome to chime in too. Holding hundreds of thousands

>It kills the Link

NO!!! NOO!!!!!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh

please tell me they don't have go developers yet

Except it's not MUD and this is seriously bad. CL team is too fucking slow they are gonna get stomped on.

Selling cuz of this. Thx

bunch of fuckin babies. this is all jus' FUD in the MUD

"The Corda platform, which R3 describes as “blockchain inspired”, is the outcome of more than two years of research and development by R3 and its 100+ members. Earlier in the year, the company launched version 1.0 of the platform, pushing blockchain – also referred to as distributed ledger technology (DLT) – one step closer to production."

100+ members vs 2 guys. RIP

>gtreview.com/news/fintech/r3-and-22-banks-rival-swift-with-blockchain-payments-solution/
Isnt R3 one of Swift's competitor? Seriously it soudns like they want to kill Swift just like Ripple.

yeah ok. go invest in the Corda token. oh wait, it don't exist.

If this retarded ass oracle something banks adoption stuff majigger is relevant something sky high rocket then that means Link is somehow relevent.

Or it's 4d chess Link shilling.

No, It's time to get out of LINK and invest in literally any other alt. This just makes CL guaranteed to fail pretty much.

k

Links eating big macs and letting their tokens crash to .00000001 while other companies get shit, done. Fuck you linkies

Ok if banks are doing retarded oracle something mcbullshit with Centralized Link, and if Link is a first mover advantage then Link may be Neo,OMG,ETH 2016 shilling tier from ground floor.

Ok: My thoughts so far:

1: This is direct competition to CL.

2: They seem to be somewhat underway, so should not be under-estimated.

3: gtreview.com/news/fintech/r3-and-22-banks-rival-swift-with-blockchain-payments-solution/ - States that r3 might become a competitor to swift.
From swift POV, they should push to adopt CL sooner, rather than later, possibly even deciding to allocate additional resources to help out CL.

Ultimately this is the first piece of FUD worth serious consideration.

oh shit

cointelegraph.com/news/colombian-central-bank-to-test-distributed-ledger-technology-corda

is this buyable? or only for banks to use directly talking with them?

Give it to me straight Linkies

Link = Corda but Corda is for suit faggots, and Link is valued as much as the suit faggot but not centralized.

so somehow we ended on the side of the banks?

the irony...

>This is direct competition to CL
Its a direct competitor to Hyperledger, ETH, and LINK. It has its own blockchain. If you're afraid of LINK being rekt by Corda you have to be afraid for ETH and Hyperledger as well.

>States that r3 might become a competitor to swift
Yes, its trying to kill SWIFT just like Ripple.

>. It has its own blockchain
it doesnt even use blockchain

While John is correct about the private nature of this investment with R3 consortium, in fact you can invest at two entry points.

Buying shares in the banks themselves.
Buying into the TECHNOLOGY providers that are working with R3.
Ethereum (Consensus)
Ripple
Expanse

found that surfing the web about R3, the company nehind Corda

so they're using fucking ripple?

>Corda: the financial grade distributed ledger
Distributed ledger = Blockchain you stupid brainlet fagget

We are on the side of SWIFT. We are the SWIFT brigade.

i listened to two of the devs talk about it for an hour earlier today. they explicitly said they chose not to use blockchain

translated from a finnish article: "Financial companies OP Bank Group and Nordea and a Finnish technology company Tomorrow Labs have developed a blockchain based digital trading system for housing shares." This kind of solution has to involve pulling off chain data into blockchain. Tomorrow labs is using corda. And the project is pretty much backed by the government

>corda.net/
I dont fucking get it. They described it as a distributed ledger. How can it not be a blockchain?

doesn't matter. Its a messaging system that aims to achieve similar results that could be achieved from using Blockchain, thereby taking some market share from potential blockchain based solutions.

Thinking out loud here, correct me if i'm wrong.

Yo someone just deleted a post...

>chainlink "partnerships"

Swift partnerships are not chainlink partnerships, pajeet

We cant even invest directly in the Corda platform. Sure you can buy Ripple but i doubt it will affect the price that much at this point (Amex news barely moved it).

Plus its trying to kill ETH, LINK, and Hyperledger all at once lmao. For LINK to fail it has to beat ETH and Hyperledger too.

that was me

are you retards serious? Big businesses are the only ones who would have used chainlink, now you have no one

Gotcha. Okay. I was thinking "damn, the corporate spooks got to him quick."

yeah

this^^ wake up people

well the banks that use Swift aren't going to casually move to another company that didn't exist past century

So they're gonna pressure swift for some innovation, and they're gonna pressure Link for some development
and pressuring us into oblivion

>Big businesses are the only ones who would have used chainlink
Are you fucking serious? Request Network and Factom have expressed interest in LINK. Plus, you're retarded if you think Hyperledger and Ethereum would be beaten by Corda 100% in enterprise marketshare.

Actually retard all businesses will use chainlink, my business included

Good point, and SWIFT is pushing for new innovation using DLTs. Still, this is the first competition that worries me a lot

do you know what the meaning of "have expressed interest" even is? And you must be retarded for thinking Hyperledger and Ethereum standing strong guarantees link will gain any traction whatsoever

you guys must be holding some heavy ass bags for sure

when is the best time to buy that crypto? come learn
discord.gg/dMFVdM

ETH cannot exist without LINK.

Period.

true
"first mover" isn't here
they need toget their asses to work, and I really hope they are already,

>And you must be retarded for thinking Hyperledger and Ethereum standing strong guarantees link will gain any traction whatsoever
LINK is the only decentralized oracle (yes including competitor's promises) that supports ETH and Hyperledger you dumb faggot.

The absolute state of fucking LINK fud.

This shit has ISO support. It has a testnet that has an example with a transaction using ISO country codes. It could replace SWIFT by using the existing iso messaging network. The good thing is if swift wants to survive they need to make things happen fast.

if link fails then ETH's only purpose smart contracts is gone

this
>The good thing is if swift wants to survive they need to make things happen fast.
oh boys, it all comes down to this

you are wrong
you will realize this when by June 1 2019 Link price is sitting at 3 cents

he's right. eth needs decentralized oracles or it's doomed.

Is there anyone who fucking understands their technical white paper? Is it possible that they could use an external oracle network? I get that they have their "pokens" for currency transaction. But for the real estate solution they need external data from various sources including private companies. It has to be decentralized oracles right?

they probably dont have go developers

Someone post this on Reddit please or get the crypto lesbian from medium to post this

Dude no fuck leddit

I'm a fucking retard

not worried anymore? or "im a retard" as in "I invested in garbage"?

don't be so harsh on yourself

Why not both?

so you're not worried about your investment but you think it's garbage?