What happens when quantum computers are created and the world governments hack all crypto currencies within minutes and...

What happens when quantum computers are created and the world governments hack all crypto currencies within minutes and become centralized distributers of all crypto or destroy the market.
I'm starting to think that we can never win. The only way to make it out of here is to make it big before this kind of thing happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/quantum-resistant-ledger/
t3n.de/news/quantencomputer-bitcoin-knacken-875803/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/quantum-resistant-ledger/

yeah quantum comps will be able to hack bitcoin in 10 years.
t3n.de/news/quantencomputer-bitcoin-knacken-875803/

That's why im in Nexus coin

So how exactly does a coin become quantum resistant? Considering that only top researchers know how quantum computing works how can there be coins already resistant to it?

Basically quantum computing will just be computers able to process things faster. So they can brute force a private key relatively fast. Quantum resistant coins usually have longer private keys or something else.

they are not just faster
They can brute force any key instantly
ANY key so length does not matter
Superposition allows this to be possible

Nothing will happen. Someone smart will come up with a new type of encryption. This has been going on since the beginning of computers. These posts are fucking stupid.

I would't go as far to say any key or encryption. Obviously SHA 256 encryption and Bitcoin private keys will be easily brute forced.

Quantum encryption will eventually be the standard.

Quantum computers being able to perform the "insta-private key generation" magic is still a while off yet. It still takes time, and it only mathematically effective on SOME forms of cryptography.

(((They))) are never gonna let alt currencies become a serious threat to the world banking system.
And they don't even need quantum computers, they just have to make it illegal. Sure, you could probably get around it easily enough, but normies can't, so it will never have widespread adoption.

ANY key that can be brute forced unless its logic based.

My basic understanding is that we know how a quantum computer would work, but don't know how to actually utilize one. Is this true?

Bitcoin will not be in a problem Quantum computing you fucking idiots, the banks will. HTTPS will be fucked to entirety with quantum computing. All Bitcoin has to do is upgrade from SHA256 to SHA512 with a hard fork and quantum computing will be able to accomplish nothing. The banks and the internet in general will be fucked security wise, and that will be a much bigger problem than BTC would ever have to deal with you fucking mongrels.

Sauce? When I researched quantum computing I never really saw this.

There are quantum resistant encryption methods already. It's going to be about hopping onto them before it's needed. Buttcoin wont be able to make it though.

They've been able to utilize one in labs that perform really basic, and basically useless tasks - but the proof of concept is there and has actually done something practical.

you think the buttcoin can't do what it needs to?

this is a smart user

Crypto in cold storage is safe, but everything that exists on places like exchanges are vulnerable to the exact same things banks are. When exchanges collapse, the value of the currency does. Do I have to bring up Mt. Gox?

Why the fuck would you keep your Bitcoin on a fucking exchange? You would have to be fucking retarded to think that you actually own whatever you keep on exchanges. Mt Gox is a perfect example as to why storing shit on exchanges long term is one of the worst actions you can do.

>Basically quantum computing will just be computers able to process things faster.

It's computers will be able to process multiple calculations at once, by taking advantage of the ability of quantum particles to exist as multiple states.

Think of it like this. You have a book, and you want to find a specific sentence in that book. A regular computer will read the book page by page, incredibly quickly. But a quantum computer will just open every page simultaneously.

Quantum computing is still at the very earliest phases of research, but it is showing signs of being immensely more powerful than standard computers. IIRC you would only need something like 50 working Qubits to be the most powerful computer ever built.

Fuck of you defeatist faggot

We're going to beat them and you better dedicate your life to the struggle

I never said that. You're just putting words on my mouth. Everyone uses exchanges, why assume 100% of your money is in cold storage all the time?

Fuck I hate normies like you, I hope you fuckers get mt goxed via coinbase.

I love dumping on to you stupid dumb pricks, if slavery still existed I'd have you pricks on display as trophies

Ok, but it starts with 0 power so the x is always 0 - that card doesn't make sense.

You have to power it up before you can use it.

I don't get it - where is the charging port?

JUDEN!

Summer/Fall 2032
>Christchad and Charlie quietly fork BTC and LTC with quantumSegwit encryption
>54 other forks appear claiming to do the same thing while FUDing the BTC core fork.
>Mess lasts months
>The day after the last BTC killer coin fails price jumps 20% breaking the physiological price point of $10 million USD

>Pajeet/Biz/ BTFO

You're implying that only the bad guys will have access to this type of technology and Crypto miners/investors won't. This isn't really a threat, chill down lad