I set my stop loss order for BTC for $8150 with $8100 limit...

I set my stop loss order for BTC for $8150 with $8100 limit. Is that a good setting to protect myself in the event of a crash?

it will blow right past that shit if it crashes hard enough

What would make it crash that hard? Whales are gonna have huge buy walls at every $100 interval trying to get it as cheap as possible, driving the price back up for any dip.

those kind of stops clipped tons of eth traders when the flash crash happened

But the last time BTC dropped $1500 was with the first "BCH flippening weekend scare". It barely fucking dipped $300 during project dragoncuck weekend this weekend. What would make it dip more than $1500?

What's are some better settings to set it to then? 8100 is where I would break out even if I sold it at that price, should I set it higher?

im not saying btc is going to have a flash crash but weve seen some insane stuff in crypto world. btc has now cap so large flashes are unlikely.

anyway 8k stop sounds quite bad idea, prices are not moving that fast

>anyway 8k stop sounds quite bad idea, prices are not moving that fast

Why is it a bad idea to have a stop loss that low so I get out in the event of a crash? I'm not a NEET, I can't check BTC price often at work.

It's a correction. It happened when BTC went over 3k and 5k. It's gonna happen again

>It's a correction. It happened when BTC went over 3k and 5k.

Just like it did when it went over $6k, $7k, and $8k? Those corrections were just a couple hundred dollars...in other words, normal fluctuations in BTC's price.

Bittrex is asking for pictures of my id
how many of you have done this?

sounds pretty nasty. would not touch such broker/wallet. if somebody asks an id, avoid at all costs. you dont need such bullshit with btc that is the whole point of btc

>tfw BTC never corrects again

the reason why stoploss is important is because when everyone is selling, every exchange shuts down

i can tell you guys are all fucking noobs not remembering everyone freaking the fuck out when they literally can't cash out and even coinbase is shut down

you know you're a fucking idiot when

Tell me whats wrong about what I posted using logic rather than calling me an idiot. The higher BTC gets, the more institutional investors will set buy orders at lower $100 intervals. It's going to actually get harder and harder for BTC to dip as the price goes up, as with each $100 interval decrease, the number of whales waiting to scoop up BTC at that price increases.

We are going TO. THE. MOON.

I have. Just scan the front and back of your ID and take a selfie without glasses/without shadows in front of face. It literally took 5 minutes to verify my shit. Just don't do shady shit.

>using stop losses
why do people do this dumb shit?

Kys

>billions of dollars locked in crypto
>everyone unable to sell
>market crash avoided
>people forced to consider cryptocurrency legitimate because they have fortunes locked up in it

Hmm.. Sounds like a decent outcome

Take profits if you’re going to sell otherwise HODL or GTFO

I wonder if a lot of this new money has no idea how to move it around or liquidate it. Market is going to get more and more resilient because weak hands don’t know how to sell anyway.

nah it held pretty steady at 8k I don't see it going lower then 7900 IF it crashes

OP here. My point is, for it to go down to $8150 and trigger my stop loss, that would have to be a HUGE crash. It would probably go even lower than $7000, thus making it a good time to sell and buy the cheaper BTC.

>

You're the 2nd person ITT to say stop losses are "dumb" without providing a good argument against them.

>Bitcoin
>Losses
Pick one faggot

Not being a dick, genuinely curious what coins you're holding?