How do I "lock profits"?

How do I "lock profits"?

I'm not talking about cashing out, but like for example I have 1000 ark that I bought at $2.90

How would I go about getting the profit from that without decreasing my overall ark stack?

I feel like this is something very simple that I can't seem to grasp.

so your ark is worth $2900 and say in ten years its 10x its price, you want in 10 years to have 1000 ark valued at $2900 when its work $29,000? hmm cant grasp it either..

>How would I go about getting the profit from that without decreasing my overall ark stack?

I dunno OP. How can i make a withdraw from my bank without decreasing my balance?

the absolute fucking state of shit/biz/

this is a reall stupid question OP. use your puny tiny human brain for one second

You have to take from your stack if you want to realize profits.

>up 30%
>take out 30%

You only profit from an investment when the investment is sold - unless it pays dividends.

So you have to sell off an amount to pay back your initial investment then keep the "profit" ARKS, or sell it all and convert back to fiat.

Okay then you fucking bunch of geniuses if you're so smart then what does it mean to "lock in profits" and "Accumulate"?

Fucking christ I'm asking for help not a bunch of sarcasm

you risked 1000*2.9 = 2900 when you bought that ark.

your current position is now worth 1000*3.43 = 3430.

If you sold off 845 ARK at 3.43 each, that is 845*3.43 = 2900

at that point you would have $2900USD and 155 ark left, making your position "riskless" relative to your initial position, that is, you have the same amount of inital cash and a stack of ark, and even if ark then goes to 0 you havent lost any money.

but its all relative.

Just type the following into your internet browser:

def lock(profit):
while locked == profit:
return profit
else:
for profit in range(0, locked)
profit == profit * lock * (lock / profit + profit)
return profit

This will get your profits locked without selling any of your coins.

Profit is relative to the currency you find the most valuable.
If you want to lock it in, you have to exchange it for the most valuable/safest one.

Lock in profits = sell. That's it. Granted, whatever you sell for will have it's own movement if it's not USDT. As soon as you sell, you realize your gain on ARK.

"accumulate" = buy. Usually small amounts that add to a large position.

Are you over 18?

Pajeet english

Seriously speaking though, OP you need to find a market that has near-zero correlation to the one you're "cashing out" of.

If you want to lock profit, you HAVE to limit your upside. The simplest way to do that is by selling your Ark. Ok, but then you don't have your Ark anymore. Sad. Can you lock in profits while still holding Arc? Yes, but as long as you agree to sell your Arc eventually. Write a futures contract to sell your Ark sometime in the future. The contract basically says "in 10 years, I will sell you 1000 Ark for $1 each or whatever. Then you're free to hold your Ark for 10 years while still locking in your profits.

Have fun!

wow not one fucking clear answer.

Pretty much it means to sell an amount that guarantees the profit even if the coin goes to 0. For example, if you buy one shitcoin for $10/coin and it does 100% moon mission and is now worth $20. You need to sell 50% of your coins to realize the $10 in profit you gained (20 -10=10). Make sense? Just take the profit $10 divide by the current price $20 to get the amount you need to see =1/2=50%

(smart) People often sell part of their stack on the way up, and several different points. Good luck OP.

If you mean you want to keep your amount invested in ark to remain the same and not remain at 1k ark then you just sell enough ark to get back to your original investment. If you want to lock in your profits without losing any of your ark tokens then you can't unless ark becomes a stable coin that will not go down likely. The only way to truly lock in profit is to sell it for BTC or fiat.

That dude looks like he cross dresses.

You sell back your original investment once the price moons a certain amount. So you end up with whatever money you originally had plus the extra amount in whatever currency you chose.

Not what you asked, but perhaps what you meant to ask. To keep your stash and get some money, you need to borrow against it. You can do this with ETH using makerdao, don't know if ark has an equivalent. Basically you use the crypto as collateral in a loan that gives you some money to spend on strippers and coke or whatever you want the cash for. Nothing is free, so the trade-off is risk; if the value of your stash drops too close to the value of your debt, you'll be liquidated and left with the net value.

Buy high sell low.