I cash out between $10,000 - $15,000 a month in profits from coinbase...

I cash out between $10,000 - $15,000 a month in profits from coinbase, am I supposed to be tracking this for taxes at the end of the year?

>how do I not get fucked by the IRS

Other urls found in this thread:

fool.com/retirement/2016/12/11/long-term-capital-gains-tax-rates-in-2017.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I cash out between $10,000 - $15,000 a month in profits from coinbase
0.0001 BTC has been deposited to your designated coinbase shilling address

Why do you lie?

You can't cash out coins, nobody will pay real money for virtual coins

Simple, don't live in the US.

you're already fucked, start recording everything and hire an accountant

I've just cashed out via bitcoin atms so far. But I'd bet that coinbase and/or your bank will let the government know about your gains if you don't tell them.

you owe 40% on every cash out to fiat and every like kind exchange of crypto to crypto, good luck faggot

How much in total have you cashed out? I'm in a similar boat. At the same time, that one article stating only 800 people or whatever paid their crypto taxes shows a lot people aren't bothered to.

One user posted a while back under 100k you aren't looked at? Not too sure about this

hope you did that shit with a mask on cause btms have to be aml/kyc compliant they are mandated to report your transactions

About $43,000, is there a form at the end of the year we fill out on how much we’ve made or how does this shit work. Also how much of my profit is going to be taxed?

every transaction from fiat to crypto, crypto to crypto, and then crypto back to fiat is taxable at short or long terms capital gains tax. tldr you're fucked and theyre taking 40% of your shit

A lot of people FUD like this guy.

like kind of exchanges are not considered. Only to fiat. And that may change depending on long term vs short term capital gains and your tax bracket.

fool.com/retirement/2016/12/11/long-term-capital-gains-tax-rates-in-2017.aspx
Again, really? Brb taxman using teh SecRet TEchNologies to face detect (better than police can) to determine your amount cashed out.

not me that's gonna be going to prison for tax evasion friend

Dude I'm in exact same boat. I just cashed out 42K in the week. Thinking about doing another 5K.

So...yeah.....you do you, I guess?

>I cash out
larping on the internet should be outlawed

> prisons are overcrowded
> send somebody to prison because a NEET didn't pay taxes on an emerging asset class that people are confused about.

More like, IRS finds out and says hey you owe us this much pay up. And you do.

You've been watching too many movies friendo.

Great, thank you.

So fiat to crypto, crypto to crypto isn’t taxed, only crypto to fiat

just remember when all your money is being taken away that you took tax law advice from a stranger on the internet rather than doing your own research or asking an accountant.

i am new here - is this true? why do people keep saying this? what is the purpose of all this if you can't get money from it?

What exchanges do/did you use? They should have records of all of your transactions.

only idiots pay taxes. if you don't know how to legally shelter money, then have fun being a wage slave for the rest of your life. Look into real estate, I have over 3 million dollars in tax right offs and have not paid taxes in 5 years :)

if user can't follow it, the IRS definitely won't

its a ponzi scheme. the people at the top, aka Veeky Forums oldfags can take profit. the bottomfeeders are left holding the turd

Obviously going to DMOR, just figured I’d ask on here since crypto trading is fairly new and see what other people are doing.
Coin base

If it's only coinbase then you'd be dealing just in fiat to crypto, correct? So it should be easy, your transactions are all going to be recorded with dollar values. If you were trading cryptos for cryptos you'd have records, but they might just say X amount of Eth for Y amount of OMG at such and such time. If the tax man considers this taxable, then you'd have to go through the pain in the ass of looking up what the market price was around those times.