How do I start a restaurant / and is recommended?

How do I start a restaurant / and is recommended?

I donate 0.05 bitcoin to best answer

I have 1 Chef that will work for a percentage of sales

give me it all

BTW in stockholm swe

First of all what is the concept of the restaurant? Invest A LOT in interior since that will make or break yourself. Also, good lighting per table is crucial in this one.
Since you have one chef, I am guessing it's gonna be a small restaurant? Since you are located in stockholm, focus on businessmen. Meaning business lunches. Cheap and quick, those will be returning and almost daily customers GUARANTEED. Good luck OP
BTC Adress:16my744XivWPJhj5qnE6zFurueoLyV5xd

I'm an accountant. I've seen one restaurant go OK (As in the owner works 80 hour weeks to make the wage of an office worker), and I've liquidated 3.

As a professional chef: dont do it

Risk to reward just isnt there man

Also OP, invest in a good website and it is crucial that the website can support phone format. A lot of people look up a restaurant by searching on their phones. Also, you wanna make sure you have a good SEA and are on the top of the google page when typing related something to your restaurant. Be responsive and respectful on fb (create a page), create excitement about a new menu or drink

Depends man, first of all you need to not make a usual mistake, YOU NEED to open a restaurant ONLY when you're sure that your city is able to " afford " it but as I can see you live in stockhoml so that would be ok.

If you need to buy a place then I suggest you to buy it close to a university or a mall, these are the best places.

Then another suggestion is to make it also a " Fast Food (?), my uncle has few restaurants in poland and he sells Pizzas \ Kebabs \ Usual Restaurant food.

Btw man, 1 chef might not be enough if you wanna invest a lot of money! Hope you can undestand me & sorry for my english.

BTC : 1NZrkFzc7GdnqDAh4ygc5EPmJG3UJTdKyA
ETC : 0x3E32B228BF537406ae92DB4E7c4f0b631ea72515

And please remember that the PLACE is one of the most important things.

Also, start small. Don't look for a big restaurant. It's a huge financial risk. If you have found a building, look at the restaurants in the neighbourhood of it. Are they competition? Also, can you attract local customers? Calculate the costs of material, rent, electricity, fridges and such. Learn how to manage your stock and if all goes well, look at expanding later on. Even a catering option to one business would be huge. Helping you because I am interested in these type of things and I also need money

>First of all what is the concept of the restaurant?
>Since you are located in stockholm, focus on businessmen.
This. You'll need something explosive. Make a menu with free cuckolding in it, served by ISIS waiters. They'll love it. Call your restaurant the Aloha Snack Bar.

Come up with a list of everything you want to achieve for your restaurant - type of food, awareness, style etc etc,
Then create a list of how you can achieve each an every one of those goals.

Create a concept, consult a financial planner to create a business/finances model.

Design the restaurant, and if you cant, consult a designer,

Same goes for menu, staff principals and managerial strategies. You cant just have employees and train them as you go. You need to have a set list of procedures for how the restaurant will run and how the employees will fit in to that scheme.

Dont skimp out on equipment because it will break and it will cost you in the long run.

Finally, advertise the shit out of yourself, social media, food apps, websites etc.

Source: 10 years in industry and opened 2 restaurants
Best of luck friend
1HK6RDV2s5ezisAbHVfpFR3xR5FSvG9KUP

Restaurants are common money laundering facilities. Normal people don't eat there. Are you mafia, OP? If not, don't do it.

This, its about making quality food for cheap. Doesn't matter what, but tying it to your personal ethnicity or your chefs is ideal.
Let your chef be the owner of the food, they always have the best tastes.

This too.
If you notice something is bad. Change it. Always look for outside influence and take it with respect.

Food trucks > restaurants

Stockholm is a much different market than North America...

What are those? Like, big trucks that deliver tons of food?

No, it’s not recommended.
You can send my 0.05 bitcoin to this address, thanks
1AJRtcJCY9j7w5FyMtpXZEq8STbMTmAbQy

DON'T cut on quality unless you want to have a shitty restaurant nobody cares about and barely survives the month.
I've heard so many retards complain about how hard their life is but surprise, surprise, their service is always dogshit. People are willing to spend more for better quality and you'll get free publicity too, unless well, you live in a ghetto, if that's the case just aim for low tier shit because that's the demand there.

Clean your fucking restroom. Fire employees that never clean the restroom.

Yeah, I hear trucks make mincemeat out of passersby there, pretty crazy.

An eurobizdevfag here ...

Solid advice from bizfags here already. (I'd tip each one - even a bit just to say thanks for saving your life).

No ... restaurants fail the most. Usually coz: wrong type of joint ("my ideas HAS to work!") in a desert ("but muh no competitors!") with no ad spending ("everyone will know it's a great place!") with poor service, dirty/broken toilet, biohazard menu and in some dark back alley ("but muh overhead/rent/costs!") and after months of throwing cash at this zombie, they run out of friends to borrow from.

If you want a recipe for success, you need a marketing genius. (No, not a "corporate deskmarketingcuck). They technically don't exist. Ok, they probably exist, but vampires and illuminati are more likely.

What I'd do if I had no choice:

1. Build the whole damn thing around the chef - he doesn't have to be entertaining, but skilled, non-autistic, very likable and with a trustworthy passion and with incorruptible hard-line beliefs about quality ingredients and health. Someone who can tell interesting stories about the food, choice of ingredients, maybe the history - someone willing to be a waiter at least a few times a shift.
2. A waiter who can learn from the best waiters in the country. Treats every person who walks in as top-tier, no skimping. Educates EVERYONE about the chef, the place, the food choices, allergies and tells a short story or joke to get people at the table talking (instead of waiting in silence).
3. Offer percentages of revenue to chef and this waiter. Hire NO ONE ELSE, but instead reduce the shift by half (or to a quarter), have only 2-tables in a small but "comfy" joint (to save on rent and avoid having empty tables), and the most beautiful toilet room in the city, especially for girls (ideally so beautiful, you'll want to have sex there...).

I could go on, but ... BTC: 12kj76SKibHUHJmhRwx5Rs4qcBiopo1gi8

>have only 2-tables
I was with you, until this part.

Have at least 4 or 5 tables minimum, OP.
They can be smaller sized tables if space is an issue. I've seen tiny restaurants packed with small tables before, which could fit up to 4 people. If you ever become popular, you're gonna want the extra tables.

sell kebab... get rich...buy confido.

Göteborg bro here. I would recommend it as a relatively futureproof industry to get yourself into, especially in an affluent place like Stockholm. If you have visited somewhere like London, you will see how everything these days is an "eatery" of some sort. Service economy is replacing retail. I always say that, if Amazon ever arrives in Sweden, it will kill 75% of businesses because currently there is still a healthy retail sector out on the street. Look at the UK to see how badly Amazon has killed its retail stores.

Anyway, restaurants are a good area to get into. The profit margins are high, turnover is impressive if you are a successful venue, and Swedes are more than happy to pay over the odds for food and services.

I don't know what Stockholm is like, but GBG has a quite limited range of options: past your standard Mediterranean/Middle east/Chinese/Thai/Indian, there is italian/pizza, tex-mex, British pub food, and the high end is usually traditional Swedish food done in a modern style. If you can find a niche of a different type of cuisine or speciality (eg: authentic BBQ grill rib shack, pulled pork bar with 1950s theme) or anything like that, youäre onto a winner.

The sound economics of restaurants give a good opportunity for expansion, too. Banks loans will be easy to obtain if you have the turnover, and you can build a two, three location franchise before moving to a new town.

I wouldn't pay a chef a percentage of turnover; that's weird and unstable. You either go in as business partners, in which case he owns a stake (pun intended, I'm in Gothenburg), or he's an employee. If he does well, he will earn enough with you anyway.

From what I see of Sweden here, the best businesses appear to be the ones just beneath high-end fine dining. Decent food, decent price, good table service.

3FWGg5JGRqaGx671DhLNBuwuS2dL4Dfuw9

Yes, you're absolutely right: 4-5 is a minimum to operate anything. Otherwise the finances won't work. In the begining though, you want to perfect the marketing and 2-3 tables gives you an advantage to focus on what matters. When you scale, inefficiencies scale as well (B. Gates). Also, you always want to have less tables than customers. Never the other way around. So it might get time to get to 4-5 tables, but you're right, user.

One catch: assessing what "works" may be tough, unless you see the books. Many places seem to be doing "fantastic" with their "idea", except behind the scenes they're burning barells of lucky bank loans. (The bank clerk will have nightmares...).

Just like many crypto-winners with their lambos.