>apple pushes update
>cant get my computer to boot
>says I need to reinstall operating system
>think I'm going to lose my documents
>absolute panic
>call apple
>girl tells me i wont lose my shit
I learned my lesson after that.

Just keep everything backed up in a usb drive and you'll be perfectly ok. Simple

More like
>stores crypto money on windows

>crypto

>not using a magnetic wave interference machine to deactivate the distracting parts of your brain and make you into a termporary savant so you can safely memorize your private keys for all your crypto accounts, which you made by randomly creating them with a paper and pen and derived the public address on the same paper
This seems to be the solution that works best for me.

Burn the paper afterwards of course and do this in a dark underground room if possible.

>doesn't keep all of his assets on an exchange

>t. someone who doesn't understand the entire purpose of cryptocurrency

that is just asking for trouble. you are one BSOD or broken update from losing everything

What site do you use for eth cold storage

I'm about to hold this coin for the long run

Honestly use paper wallets for ETH. Get them from Myetherwallet site running offline and make backups. Save the JSON file on either your computer or a USB if you want as well for easy access, but really on the paper wallets. Or just get a Trezor or one of those but paper is cheaper.

>Or just get a Trezor or one of those but paper is cheaper

I don't see the point of a Trezor. It's just as safe and also much cheaper to put your backups in an encrypted ordinary usb drive. Easily done with VeraCrypt and similar programs.

How do you back up your private keys/recovery phrases? I use KeePass, with an 80 character password, saved inside an encrypted 7z file and then uploaded to cloud storage protected with 2FA. That way even if I lose my PC I could still get it back.

Keeping a paper recovery key seems like a massive security risk. If anyone got their hands on it you could lose everything. Keeping it inside an encrypted 7z, inside an encrypted KeePass DB, and then saved to cloud storage with 2FA seems a lot safer.

I don't feel it's safe to keep important files in flash disks.

All my wallets are in exchanges. Am I retarded?

Am I this only one here that memorized both the address and private key?

The idea is that the Trezor is like a minicomputer in itself. The difference here is that if your computer is infected and has a virus, you can safely use the trezor to send and receive crypto but with a USB anything you do that with will be intercepted.

I don't think it's worth it either though, at all. I agree with you. However, that's the reason people get it.

All my exchanges are in wallets. Get on my level, scrub.

I have 4500 worth of BTC and 1200 worth of LTC on coinbase.

It’s insured, no need to further hassle myself with the wallet meme.

>He doesn't waste countless hours writing down long character strings on little scraps of paper which he then fails to label correctly, resulting in him having to later type in multiple long character strings which turn out to be incorrect every time he tries to do something.
Dude, do you even crypto?

I agree with this fellow.

If anything happens to Coinbase, FDIC insurance will take care of it. It's the safest place. Much safer than a piece of paper or a Trezor or whatever at the bottom of some pile of crap in one of your NEET dens.

I'm not as comfy with the stuff on Bittrex, but meh.

only the USD is FDIC insured on Coinbase, unless anything changed recently, your coins are not insured just sitting on Coinbase. Be careful

>Buy decentralized currency
>Keeps it stored on an exchange

Incorrect my dude.

support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1662379-how-is-coinbase-insured-

"All digital currency that Coinbase holds online is fully insured. This means that if Coinbase were to suffer a breach of its online storage, the insurance policy would pay out to cover any customer funds lost as a result."

> Launches his own coin as ERC20 token
But why? Bcash has best transaction speed ever and lowest fees

the only ones who get it

>Coinbase hacked
>Prices plummet like dropping a bag of shit
>They pay you the insurance value post-drop

Just use your own wallet it's not hard