Is BTC actually the end-game of a decentralized digital world currency, or will something one day take its throne?

Is BTC actually the end-game of a decentralized digital world currency, or will something one day take its throne?

Why do you think it will end up like you believe?

I think there's potential for replacement when down the line people start to try and use the thing as an actual currency that people will realize it's a complete piece of shit. Also Proof of Work is gonna get blasted for how much energy it sucks up, and I really doubt they'll ever switch from that given how much of a clusterfuck occured from just trying to change block size

Monero, Ethereum, Bitcoin will be the kings
screencap this faggots

>Monero

Eh, I don't see normal people caring all that much about privacy. It'll have use in illegal shit for sure, but that'll be it. BTC might have started the same way, but that was to gain legitimacy with digital currency as a concept. You don't need darkweb anymore to pull you up

No king reigns forever, but if BTC is going to be dethroned it will be years down the line long after it's gained mainstream adoption.

It'll have stay. ETC for finance, BTC as your """investment vehicle""", monero for the spicier things.

>ETC for finance

Assuming you mean ETH, I still find it really weird people talk about using ETH as a currency when it wasn't even built around being one

btc wasn't built to be a "store of value" and still it's btc's last defence

I meant ETH. Pants on my head, my point still stands though.

I meant it as a finance tool for it's versatility, not just a store of value.

Bitcoin is what we will call it. Like we call the worldwide web the internet, because "internet" entered the public lexicon first.

What underlying base technology will be fundamentally irrelevant to the average normie user. It would be the difference beween opening a web page in Chrome or in Firefox.

BTC is the AOL of crypto

what's intranet?

Bitcoin will be constantly improved, it is the linux of crypto

lmao every little improvement turns to civil war between nerds that ends up in a biweekly fork
when was the last improvement?

Ethereum has rendered bitcoin obsolete. This fact will only become more apparent as time goes on.

The only way they could transition out of PoW is if the miners somehow agreed to ease into it at a future date - an opportunity to scale back their operations and cut costs, which is highly unlikely. They'll probably cling to it until the whole thing collapses on them rather than find another profitable venture by choice.

like the internet, but isolated. Why do you ask, my post wasn't about that?

the problem is the replacement is already here, One of these altcoins is going to fuck BITCOIN in the ass. You just dont know which one. It wont die but it will be supplanted.
BITCOIN to me will always be geocities or ask jeeves(which technology company has survived first mover status) but there is a google lurking here somewhere. Just have to find out which one

It's bitcoin cash obviously

Fuck bitcoin its gonna be controlled by the same banker jews as fiat is now. The chinese and the big banks are obviously manipulating the price
Monero is the future. In 2 years monero will dethrone the king and eth is going to 0 cause erc20 tokens are fucking useless.

CARDANO

next year there will be a launch of the most promising blockchain that will bridge crypto to normies