Is it time to stop measuring altcoins worth as BTC...

Is it time to stop measuring altcoins worth as BTC? You don't see people comparing their apple stock price to amazon price or something, it's all fiat.

I know the goal is to earn more BTC but in a bull run like this, do you think it's fair to say ETH had it's ATH back in June (0.12 BTC=$400) or now?

I agree, however BTC is like the petroleum dollar. Like everything in the world is put up against the dollar as it’s the world currency. BTC just has the same role in cryptocurrency.

Reserve currency*

Same with btc, it's like the crypto worlds reserve currency

My bad that’s what I meant

It's not BTC it's satoshi's named after the creator.
I literally calculate everything in satoshi's now.
almost forgot about fiat, when out and about i use plastic. so no your idea is fucking stupid.

are you retarded?

Satoshis are units of Bitcoin though. Everything is still measured in Bitcoin.

The smallest unit of ETH for example is the Wei.

USdollar will come to an end. All thinking about $Millions and lambos do not realize the next collapse is coming 10 x harder. satoshi's will be the method of future trade. you are not here to get rich. you are future proofing yourself against poverty.

No, BTC is the reserve currency like the U.S for petrol.

That's why altcoiners wishing the death of BTC have no idea how bad the blood bath will be.

How is BTC a reserve currency?

if you need to ask me your brain is a potato.

>I literally calculate everything in satoshi's now.
And how are satoshis valued?

in satoshi's.

And what can you buy with 1 satoshi for instance?

people who trade vs usd are 100% absofuckinglutely delusional and retarded.

HURR DURR I HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF DOLLARS BUT HALF AS MUCH BTC

you are shit at trading kys

Tell me, against what is BTC valued?

When BTC crashes or moons, what is it crashing or mooning against?

Money

Exactly.

When someone says "you should value alts in BTC", they are essentially saying "you should value alts in USD".
Because BTC itself is valued in USD.

Because it's the most popular trading pairs. Same as with USD in international trade.

That's not what a reserve currency is.

1 satoshi still scales the same as bitcoin when btc price changes, no difference retard

>1 satoshi still scales the same as bitcoin when btc price changes
Absolutely.
And against what is btc valued?

What can you buy with zimbabwean dollar? What a stupid fucking question.

Ok, let me spell it out for you.
You can only buy with 1 satoshi that which you can buy with the equivalent fiat value of that 1 satoshi.

It's valued against any currency or trading pair. Stop thinking in USD. It's just another trading pair which could collapse tomorrow.

>Stop thinking in USD.
Why would I stop thinking in USD (or EUR or whatever) when that's how BTC is valued?

ITT: People realize why BTC crashing will crash all of crypto

Only if you exclusively value alts in BTC instead of USD.

Which makes no sense, since BTC is itself valued in USD.

No, according to these morons, bitcoin crashing should be amazing for alt holders because their value in (increasingly worthless) sats would go sky high

It's valued in whatever trading pair you are trading with. You're selectively choosing USD as the default. It's just a defacto and not a definate. I don't use USD and have no use for them here.

>It's valued in whatever trading pair you are trading with.
Just because you traded an apple for a sandwich, doesn't mean apples are valued in sandwiches.

BTC is valued in fiat. End of story.

>I don't use USD
You use whatever fiat your country uses.

....but when you do cash out, what currency will you be cashing out in?...

Jesus christ you're retarded

I value everything in ETHoshi's because it's the most functional base currency for trading

the whole point of buying an alt is to beat BTC's growth

if you are in alts and are not using BTC to compare your growth you haven't been in this market long enough.

>the whole point of buying an alt is to beat BTC's growth
The point of buying any asset is to beat other assets.

The point is simply to make money.