BTC coulda woulda shoulda stories

Its 2009-2010, i hear about BTC from a friend he talks about it. I hear him but it just glosses over me. I could have bought 100 to 500 btc...he bought 300btc.
fast forward now, he still works(says he loves his job) but is now fucking loaded
While i wish i could just get a time machine and tell my younger self to sell everything i had and whore myself out if necessary to buy as much bitcoin as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Aymfu6x
bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg360zczsg2013-01-01zeg2014-06-01ztgCzm1g10zm2g25zv
theatlas.com/i/atlas_HJ9DJ0cgz.png
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Hype-Cycle-General.png
warosu.org/g/thread/S11537714
warosu.org/g/thread/S11514696
warosu.org/g/thread/S21988168
warosu.org/g/thread/S13527775
warosu.org/g/thread/S14709605
warosu.org/g/thread/S16679359
warosu.org/g/thread/S16605907
warosu.org/g/thread/S1650185
warosu.org/g/thread/S17228328
warosu.org/g/thread/S17080966
warosu.org/g/thread/S17798483
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Listened to Peter Schiff.

I got approved for USD deposits a week before Mt Gox went down. I dodged that bullet, but it scared me from BTC for awhile. I'd be a millionaire by now if I would've continued to pursued it.

i can bet alot of people are cursing peter schifff right now

Art school 2014, did an installation using data I gathered painstakingly from silkroad including listed btc prices, even installed coindesk's live btc price chart for reference.

It was between 350 - 450, never occurred to me to buy even though I understood its value.

There was a thread on /r9k/ about it right before Christmas, 2010. Contemplated buying 100 for shits and giggles, it was 30 cents back then.

>it's 2009 only a select few people on a mailing and research group really know about btc
>it's 2010 add a few more general technical people and a community is forming

You're so full of shit back then it was totally impossible to buy bitcoin, people would just mine it. Nice larp
2011 is a totally different story though.

~2010 my friend tells me about silkroad and I almost put my book refund (~$400) in to try to buy drugs online. I was too scared though because the only method available to me was a wire transfer and it just seemed way too sketchy. Who knows what would have happened

I tried mining bitcoin when it was a fraction of a penny but I couldn’t get it working and the bitcoin never came in my wallet, I didn’t bother to figure it out because I never understood the potential

>be me
>play online poker with btc
>technically a pro cause its my only source of income
>btc around $50 at the time
>make over 700 btc/year easily
>constantly selling them every few weeks cause i need food
>in one year I sold over 700 btc for less than $40,000
>mfw

2009-2010 you could have not bought that’s true. It wasn’t worth shit and I remember thinking that it would take a long time for it to be worth 1.00$ and why even bother

>~2010 my friend tells me about silkroad and I almost put my book refund (~$400) in to try to buy drugs online. I was too scared though because the only method available to me was a wire transfer and it just seemed way too sketchy. Who knows what would have happened
Probably would have just been one of the thousands of "I bought and spent 90BTC on coke and have almost none now" stories.

what site do you play on

i remember hearing a news story about it crashing from 100 few years ago. Finally bought 2 at $800. Wish i would have had the option to buy at .30 lol

Crashing from $1000 edit

Don't play anymore but it was mostly sealswithclubs, then betcoin

I don't even remember who it was who first told me about Bitcoin, I think it was in high school. I remember considering mining it, but didn't want to fry my graphics card. I didn't understand it had a free market value.
Fast forward to 2016, I meet some guys who are planning a startup, and they proceed to tell me everything they know about Bitcoin and how it works. I dismiss it because I was a paranoid dope at the time. Didn't realize it had a quickly rising value.
Then at the end of 2016, I start browsing Veeky Forums looking for investing advice and see the Ethereum threads, but dismiss it out of laziness. I remember being reminded of No Man's Sky by the logo kek.
Finally last April a kind user posted a pdf guide to crypto he made himself, and I read through the whole thing, hopped on the crypto train, and made a few bucks.
Thanks anons.

You can fix that. discord.gg/Aymfu6x

>Spent $10,000 on gold and silver in 2009
>Thought BTC was just counterfeiting money out of nothing and would end up worthless/illegal

>Guys I knew were mining coins for shits and giggles in 2009
>Tried to get me to join them
>I told them they are literally wasting energy on a scam that will never take off and should shut the fuck up
>They agreed with me, shut down their miners and forgot about their wallets
>mfw one of them messaged me today saying he saw bitcoin on the news, decided to find his old wallet, and is about to dump what he has
>ask him how many
>he said 300
>mfw I have no face

Bought $200 worth of it in 2009 just for shits and giggles. Held it because I liked the idea of it. Sold it 2 years later because my gf at the time was busting my balls over that small crash to $100.

Don't even want to think about how much money it would be now...

>buying a barbaric relic

how do you live with yourself? Only use for gold is jewelry and electronics

>Buy gold and silver to diversify your crypto portfolio
Nigga what

I used to play on seals. Traffic was pretty low but decently soft games. When it all fell over they even let me cash out and didn't run off with everyone's money. Good guys running that site.

I spent 211BTC on a gram of weed

>listening to thots on money issues.

Hope you learned your lesson.

>be me
>brainlet 15 year old in 2011
>hear about "coin thingies" blocks and chains
>3complex5me
>also hear about deep web drugs and hackers
>1spooky3me
>also be me
>had $500 in birthday and christmas money
>wasted it on fagbox 360 and vidya instead of 250 BTC
>mfw I could have been a multimillionaire today doing literally nothing

> Being this homeschooled

heard of bitcoin in summer of 2011 did not buy because the whole storing in digital wallets seemed sketchy to me plus i am not computer savvy. So instead i buy almost $4000 of physical silver when it was pretty much at it's highest $32 for an ounce.FUCK... Peter Scheiff and Dollar Vigilante and Jim Rogers promoting this shit..... Fast forward to February of this year and silver is at $18 dollar and ounce. I sell that shit for a loss after doing some research in ETH it was at $12. I go all in on ETH . I accumulated close to 300 ETH before it reached $100. made mad gainz. Then bought DGB because i was stupid and didn't know any better thinking it would go to $1 dollar. sold a large potion of my ETH and amazed 2.6 million DGB the bulk around 300 and 700 sats. i hesitated to sell at the top cause i believed it was going to hit a dollar rode the waves up and down for about a week or two and then sold could of had $100K in profits instead only $60K. got smart with my money and now comfy with double digit BTC. FUCK gold and Silver ....all in on BTC now. I would say back then it was easier to just hodl BTC , but now you really do have to gamble with the shit coins to gain BTC cause its too damn expensive now... good luck

braaaaaap

I mined a couple hundred bitcoin in late 2010 - early 2011. I sold it all later that year for $2-3. Not a day goes by that I don't contemplate suicide.

F to pay respects friend

I remember when they were 15 cents each, and a dollar, 5 dollars, 15, and so on. And each time it increased I was surprised, slightly regretful, but still considered it a waste of time. Then it hit 100 and I couldn't afford to buy in at the time. Not that I would have cause I wouldn't ever consider it going higher than that. On and on it goes.

THIS. FUCKING THIS.

such a good speaker, though.

Are you still together?

Can you post that pdf pls? Am noob

was going to invest when it was at $220, didn't cause my dad it as fucking stupid and that I should invest into like dumb shit like weed

>Around 2010 see threads on /b/ about mining this new thing called bitcoin and how it is basically money.
>think hey this could be a cool thing to do and make some free money.
>see arguments that the price of electricity costs more than bitocin is worth.
>stop caring and move on with my life
if only I knew better.

fell for the buttcoin meme and finally got into shitcoins this year.

Watch Ameer Rosic on youtube, he explains it better than the pdf

saw it 2011, could not buy from my country crash to 2$ wow dodged that bullet

2013, come across again...read and understand it, blows my mind.....buy and hold 0.01 BTC for 30 cents or so....I have made a significant return x 300 or so so I am a winrar

Remember the 2 pizza story? Well I was a bath salt buyer before they called it that in college, I spent thousands of dollars then -- when Bitcoin was worth pennies and dollars.. Today's value those Bitcoins I used would be worth hundreds of millions maybe more but I don't want to consider it,. I just miss those drugs don't be like me don't be research chemical Chris

>unironically being a goldbug

>2014
>Built new gaming rig
>Heard about Bitcoin here
>Ready to mine and have wallet ready
>Back out last second due to no confidence in what I'm doing

>Hear about some digital currency in 2012~2013 called Bitcoin, think it's a cool concept but nothing more.
>2014, see the price up a few hundred
>"Hm today I might mine Bitcoin"
>Can't figure out how to mine it
>Give up
>FOMO in around mid March this year
J-Just in time for Ethereum at least.

>heard about bitcoin in 2011 and thought nothing of it despite being sorta really into computers at the time
>fastforward 5 years later
>life's shit, living at home doing nothing with my life, dad hates me, mom slowly dying
>dad tries killing me and my mom
>kills himself
>now i find crypto and hopefully it saves me

>mfw

oh yea also
>could've changed the outcome of my life and dad's life if i simply invested in bitcoin

>First heard about them when they were ~$1
>Thought they were interesting, nothing more.
>Fast forward a few years
>oh shit, these are still a thing? and they are $20 each now? huh
>still not that interested
>couple months pass
>become interested in drugs, research about cryptocurrencies more
>holy shit they went up all the way to ~$120? I should probably buy some..
>don't because it already feels like I'm too late (already missed out the potential for hundreds of dollars)
>also in high school, trying to save money. don't exactly have hundreds of dollars to drop on "literally nothing"
>get instantly depressed any time people start talking about crypto currencies because I severely fucked up not getting on the bandwagon

Mined in late 2010 with cpu. hdd corrupted. Fml

Sometimes I fantasize about buying an "antique" laptop from a pawnshop or ebay and finding 1000+ BTC on the drive that a previous owner conveniently forgot about.

>mined in like 2010 with my first PC but was pretty young and had to idea how it worked

>end of last year was watching a tech podcast
>"BTC is at $800 USD and looking to pass the $1k USD mark within the month"
>thought I should definitely buy it, I have $800 laying around and it was only $300 at the start of the year
>ignore the thought and miss the hype
>goes to $2.7k and I decide fuck it
>actually invest some time into figuring out how to deal with an exchange and shit
>buy $400 AUD worth
>watch over months as my $400 AUD turns to $1000 AUD
>decide to take out $600 AUD from my BTC holdings as that covers the upfront $400 AUD I spent on BTC and $200 AUD I spent on ETH
>now currently am sitting comfy on like $800 AUD of pure profit in BTC and ETH

Just bought 1 LTC, even know it's probably definitely gonna fall I feel like it could moon in the long run so I'm not that sad taking some upfront loss, just impatient I guesss

I was interested when it was $9usd/btc. I wanted to buy just 1 or 2 just for fun, but I didn't have a bank account to use (living overseas with my parents), and my dad wouldn't be convinced to let me spend money on stuff on the internet.

I texted him today saying that it was 15k aud/btc. He saw the message but didn't reply.

If you managed to mine a considerable amount, it would probably be in your best interest to try to recover them, look up how to recover data, or hire a technician for a couple hundred netting a profit of thousands (millions if you mined 100). That's if you still have the drive that is.

>heard about it in 2010 from a geek friend, thought he was insane
>fast forward to 2015, meet the same friend who is now a multi-millionaire thanks to bitcoin. tells me to invest in ethereum. i decide to finally listen to him and invest a few grand into ethereum
>in 2017, ethereum goes up to $300 and btc goes to $3500. i decided to trade about 250 eth for 21 btc

it's not as much i had hoped for, but it is what it is

coworker of mine says he has a couple of 100 ltc but lost the key to his wallet

any way to recover?

take it to a data recovery shop, no matter how much they charge it will be worth it

Losing the key is a different and unrelated story from a crashed hard drive. That shit's lost user, sorry.

I remember in 2010 I downloaded a miner and tried to mine for a day or so but gave up. I wonder if I have bitcoin sitting out somewhere in the universe?

buy today it will be 100k $ in 8 years from now

>heard about bitcoin in early 2010
>downloaded the node software and tried mining on my then decent gaming rig
>the software was buggy as fuck and i couldnt get it to work
>didnt know linux back then and windows would constantly crap out with bsod
>forgot about that piece of shit till 2012

See a therapist

> had grant money for ((college)) should have dump'd it all into BTC but nah wasted it on bus/plane ticketz to nowhere n junk food. rly makez ya think about shekelz.

> 2k grant / 300 (one btc) = 6 BTC plus 200 shekels remainder. 6 BTC in the current year is 60K shekelz. :oldfrog ofc i drop'd out of school n run with the shekelz to innawoodz in the west.

> dindu nuffin there but make one real friend for the first time in my life. :sadfrog could have at least got 5 btc and still made the trip. smdh

thiz was back when coinbase took a week to do transfers in/out bankz. got in mid march on the first rise in april, it peaked n fell so i panic'd, sold at around 350. then when on out west for the rest of the year didn't even check the prices anymore since i wasn't holding. did notice it rally in dec, had more to worry about at the time so basically ignored it for the next 4 years.

> bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitstampUSD#rg360zczsg2013-01-01zeg2014-06-01ztgCzm1g10zm2g25zv

I heard about bitcoin when cnbc talked about it. Was a long while ago when they first released those physical bitcoins.

At the time mining was hard to understand and I quickly released it would have been just easier buying $500 worth or something. Didn't have the money at the time or a good computer.

dunno if it is key or just something password related.

he told me he'll give it one more try to remember it and then he'll give me the wallet.

I suppose it is a big "fuck you" of a gift.

>in 8 years
no, it will be 100k in 2-3 at most

It's gonna crash hard (~50-70%) like it did before. Then is the time to buy as weak hands lose their bags.

old frog i was such a stupid cuck. literally no excuse to sell except first time at playing the market and too jewy to buy in l8r. plus drama irl n hwhite guilt about making frei moniez. i fukin h8 normies so much. JUST go to college user. u dumb kukz the gubbermint gibz frei moniez for the scam n i'm too dumb to invest it into buttcoinz, they literally sent me a check in the mail ffs.

Here's my story

yup if it won't fuck it ... i won't buy into FOMO there's plenty of other "investments" gambling pleasures out there to risk money

theatlas.com/i/atlas_HJ9DJ0cgz.png

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Hype-Cycle-General.png

meh

Had 0.25 BTC lost it about 2 months ago not writing down my wallet phrase... kill me

Kek. Be responsible for your own action my man. You could have picked any random penny stock on the market and got rich or lost everything every other day. Shitcoin isn't the only choice.

This is how I fucked up

warosu.org/g/thread/S11537714
warosu.org/g/thread/S11514696
warosu.org/g/thread/S21988168
warosu.org/g/thread/S13527775
warosu.org/g/thread/S14709605
warosu.org/g/thread/S16679359
warosu.org/g/thread/S16605907
warosu.org/g/thread/S1650185
warosu.org/g/thread/S17228328
warosu.org/g/thread/S17080966
warosu.org/g/thread/S17798483

Back before Mount Gox, through a combination of MoneyGram and Dwolla, I bought $200 worth of Xanax for 44 BTC.

no major regret. been buying and selling bitcoin since 2013, earliest purchase around $75 each and still having a six figure net worth. kinda fucked up should be a millionare. i should have hoarded