/mg/

Mining General

I don't think we give enough attention to mining. It only takes a couple antminers and you've got your rent paid, food paid, and some extra BTC to put in your wallet. Every day. Every month.

Useful links:
Mining Calculator
>cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=5&HashingUnit=TH/s&PowerConsumption=1600&CostPerkWh=0.11
Mining Equipment
>shop.bitmain.com/main.htm?lang=en

Always look for deals on craigslist, ebay, etc.

Imagine if everyone on biz bought one antminer and we started our own pool.

Other urls found in this thread:

electricitylocal.com/
hackernoon.com/how-i-cornered-the-bitcoin-mining-market-using-a-quantum-computer-9e5dceba9f92
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Power costs in your area
>electricitylocal.com/

my friend is super into hardware. I'm gonna look into this. with this setup how long would it roughly take to break even with ROI?

3-4 months plus whatever it's costing in power

Has anyone actually looked into mining with power from Tesla charging stations?

That's such a stupidly good idea

sorry sirs, i'm about green now.. sustainabile enviroment very important to me and should for u too

buy esper on yobir instead, great investment without making bad for enviroment

Is GPU mining still useful? I recently won 3 fairly high end gaming laptops with broken screens at an auction. Video cards are still good and I have access to unlimited free electricity at work (included in shop rent). Good idea to set them up for mining?

some cards are ok, but you have to mine the right coins.

I get ~ $3 a day with my 1080ti

Here are the stats for 3 antminer s9's.

Retirement?

don't 3 s9's cost ~$15,000? and in 1 year they won't be competitive?

One antminer is only $1500 in BCH from the bitmain site. I hate too keep shilling bitmain but it's the best place to buy these. I get my antminer in the main in January.

Guys this might be in left field but it is a serious question. Recently you can now buy cloud computing time on quantum computers. D-wave I think.

Is it possible to mine with a quantum computer?

no

But why is what I'm asking? I realize the software is not easy, but theoretically it should work.

The gist of it is, if you can figure out how to use quantum computing for something like mining bitcoins, mining bitcoins is probably one of your less profitable endeavors.

What are some simple to use pools that aren't nice hash?

All those quantum computers selling you timeshares are not specialized to guess the SHA256 hashing algorithm that the bitcoin network uses. What makes ASIC so good is that their only purpose is to perform the hash. The cpu architecture has been designed from the ground up to do only one thing. You'd have to design your own quantum computer spcifically for hashing if you want to mine with it.

is it too late in the asic refresh cycle to be using an antimner s9 for profit though

Honestly the sunrise s11 miners are better cost wise, 18-22th for about 1880 usd, only issue is RMC is slow to start production and theres a queue already. Prob wont ship till january.

Thanks. I found the answer.
hackernoon.com/how-i-cornered-the-bitcoin-mining-market-using-a-quantum-computer-9e5dceba9f92

The information you're looking for is out there. The answer is no, it's still profitable even with their older hardware like the D3's.

Is this actually accurate? I can afford 5 antminers easily and have investors for a space and a potential consultant both on crypto and electricity/ventilation.
Seriously considering this. Should I Veeky Forums?
Will I be able to PoS later or is it a quick run till the coins are mined and then exit(sell equipment to bigger miner etc.)

I want to start mining where should I start?

I can invest around 2000€ to start

One thing that I don't understand about mining is transaction fees. Mining one block gets you transaction fees right? Even if you haven't unlocked a bitcoin?

I seriously recommend you to read a lot more about it before investing.
At this point you are better off just buying btc and holding it

buy this

>tfw you could have been buying ASICs instead of investing in shitcoins

u already failed cause ur using that site..

lol noob.

Hello rajesh. Tell me how mining isn't profitable. Again.

GPU miner here... if ur not willing to hodl throughout the crashes... don't even bother.. plenty of ppl went and bought rigs around June/July ended up selling everything because Alts we're in a bear market... now that its up again everyone and there momma is coming back.

I have over 160+ gpu's

What app is the better for mining?

It is profitable, but only noobs like yourself use that site. People who's been in the game don't for multiple reason.. It doesn't factor in Difficulty adjustment.

>D-wave
>quantum computer

user

Only the potential yearly profit of the 4.7 BTC(after power and so on) is worth 47,000 USD right now, while I could potentially get it via investing 7,500 USD in 5 miners and get a hash of 70 TH/s. Even if I can get only 3 BTC(i.e. 30k as of now) for 7.5k I get a large profit. I know I'll have a max of two years at best before we're done, but if I can accumelate 10 BTC before this whole deal moves to the next level I'm set as far as I'm concerned. After that I sell the eqip to a large PoS farm and be done with it. So I honestly don't get how hodling BTC is more profitable.

Is it worth mining vertcoin on my spare family computer?

Which GPU would you recommend atm? I try to scrape every Vega 56 I can get my hands on for sub 450

>ibm pls lve
>ur stock is down again

why would you buy a Asic miner which has fuck all resell value

when u can make a 1760H Equihash gpu miner rig all for 800$ wich also makes about 10-20$ Profit daily and has a 100% resell value for the same amount u buy it for

Vega's are the best atm..

Rx 580 is another top solid choice

GTX are low key good also.. there is a coin out there going blow 4 blow against the vega for the past couple weeks(no u won't find it on whattomine). Sorry not gonna name it as diff is starting to rise! Sorry!

Don't worry, I guess I know which coin you are thinking about. The 1070ti is a beast with it, especially compared to the ordinary 1070

So basically GPUs are preferable because they are more versatile and because their coins have a longer time before they are all mined? Did I get it right?

TL/DR Summary:
>- You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your PC or laptop no matter how powerful it is.
>- You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your tablet or phone no matter how powerful it is.
>- Mining apps for your phone or tablet that claim to mine bitcoin are almost certainly scams.
>- You CANNOT find software here to mine bitcoin with your PC by itself.
>- You MIGHT be able to do one of the above with altcoins