Tether

Tether printed 100 million for todays rally. This shit is absolutely terrifying. When CME comes in they will expose the tether fraud, everyone will realize bitcoins price is fake, everyone will say "told you this stuff was a scam". The entire crypto market will have an apocalypse.

How are the whales with hundreds of millions in crypto not shitting their pants every night?

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/tether-claims-30-million-stable-token-stolen-attacker/
medium.com/@michaelx777/is-tether-being-used-for-money-laundering-34b29fdc2b74
medium.com/@michaelx777/tether-drama-continues-cfcd59749a3b
medium.com/@bitfinexed
apolloslater.com/tether-collapse-scenario/
archive.is/SUMJF
news.bitcoin.com/paradise-papers-reveal-bitfinexs-devasini-and-potter-established-tether-already-back-in-2014/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/tether-theft-isn-t-the-first-controversy-for-cryptocurrency-firm
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/bitcoin-bitfinex-tether.html
thestar.com/business/wealth/2017/11/25/another-large-bitcoin-exchange-draws-warnings.html
cryptovest.com/news/whats-going-on-with-tether-15-million-omni-tokens-failed-to-transfer/
medium.com/@mathias_61938/the-man-behind-the-curtain-81ecf49fa339
cryptovest.com/news/tethers-printed-while-site-blocks-login/
cryptocoinsnews.com/bitfinex-goes-maintenance-mode-bitcoin-price-hits-time-high/
voxeu.org/article/price-manipulation-bitcoin-ecosystem
cointelegraph.com/news/bitfinex-struggles-with-money-withdrawal-community-observers-predict-mtgox-scenario
cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-news-bitfinex-fires-us-customers
news.bitcoin.com/bitfinex-to-terminate-services-to-us-retail-customers-by-november-9/
bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ETH
tether.to/
tether.to/announcement/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but pulling out now could miss out on being the first people to sell for 50k+! of course its not real price, but it would be a real 10x if you held off buying back in long enough

I’m scared of waking up and losing 70%

KEK!!!!!!! You know its a fucking bubble when people keep ignoring the tether thread. BUMP!!!

Absolute spastic here, can someone briefly explain the deal with tether? Why is it important?

What's the evidence $100MM didn't drop into the markets?

The thing with CME shorts is that someone can make millions by exposing the tether fraud and shorting at the same time. It’s only a matter of time.

you usdt nerds have been calling this all year and missed the mega bullrun, next stop 20k, dun goofed

WOW

I've got you covered senpai. Been collecting links for the last two hours.

Tether Hack

coindesk.com/tether-claims-30-million-stable-token-stolen-attacker/

medium.com/@michaelx777/is-tether-being-used-for-money-laundering-34b29fdc2b74

Tether, The Business

medium.com/@michaelx777/tether-drama-continues-cfcd59749a3b

medium.com/@bitfinexed

archive.is/SUMJF

news.bitcoin.com/paradise-papers-reveal-bitfinexs-devasini-and-potter-established-tether-already-back-in-2014/

Media Attention

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-21/tether-theft-isn-t-the-first-controversy-for-cryptocurrency-firm

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/bitcoin-bitfinex-tether.html

thestar.com/business/wealth/2017/11/25/another-large-bitcoin-exchange-draws-warnings.html

Curiosities

cryptovest.com/news/whats-going-on-with-tether-15-million-omni-tokens-failed-to-transfer/

medium.com/@mathias_61938/the-man-behind-the-curtain-81ecf49fa339

cryptovest.com/news/tethers-printed-while-site-blocks-login/

cryptocoinsnews.com/bitfinex-goes-maintenance-mode-bitcoin-price-hits-time-high/

Related

voxeu.org/article/price-manipulation-bitcoin-ecosystem

cointelegraph.com/news/bitfinex-struggles-with-money-withdrawal-community-observers-predict-mtgox-scenario

cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-news-bitfinex-fires-us-customers

news.bitcoin.com/bitfinex-to-terminate-services-to-us-retail-customers-by-november-9/

OMG YOUR ARE 100% RIGHT!

That is the thing with such markets. Everyone has been saying this for a long time.

>Just 50% more gain and I'll start selling.
>Hmm, I reached my target, might as well go another 50%
>Oh well, another 50% it is then
>...FUCK, the market is crashing, why didn't I sell

Let people sell when they want to and buy when they want to. It's all a big gamble.

>calling this all year
Dumbass Tether's supply DOUBLED THIS MONTH. Do you know how fucking absurd that is? The supply of tethers d o u b l e d in a single fucking m o n t h.

You better be afraid because Bitfinex is rushing things, its almost as if they want to maximize profits before the CME futures come out.

>How are the whales with hundreds of millions in crypto not shitting their pants every night?
Because they arent dead shit conspiracy theorists and they know that tether is a drop in the ocean of the money that has been flowing into crypto all year.

The fuck is tether and why is everyone so sure it's a scam and will take out bitcoin?

lol this user knows.

tether printed x million is the new meme

>The supply of tethers d o u b l e d in a single fucking m o n t h
And how much money has flowed into bitcoin? Countless times more than tether has been printed. And the 10k+ rally bitfinex was lagging behind the entire time. They didnt even hit 11k like some other high volume exchanges did.

Joe Kennedy pulled out of the market before the Great Depression because a shoe shine boy was trying to give him stock tips.

I keep seeing BTC on social media, posted by people who have absolutely no exposure to finance or crypto. I see shit like "just went up 20%, we gonna be rich!". My supervisor, who's the posterchild middle-class baby boomer asked me how he should get into Bitcoin last week. Tomorrow they will air "The Big Bang Theory" episode on bitcoin. It was $5k when they wrote that episode. When people with no idea what they're doing put money into something, panics happen. A single bad event could sell off enough volume that could easily drop the price to 50% and from there a panic would happen where all of these people who thought this was an easy 100% gain every month are gonna pull out.

nobody cares. tether is convient. Tether is 1$

It's supposed to be a crypto pegged to the dollar so you can ride fiat without actually cashing out through gdax or something else. Like on bittrex for example, you can transfer ETH to tether and then tether to bitcoin. There is no ETH/BTC pair, so otherwise you'd have to withdraw funds to a place that can cash you out to buy bitcoin.

You THINK Tether is $1

How much money do you think has been "flowing into crypto?" and how do you think the price pressure one can apply with that amount of tether is a "a drop in the ocean?

its so convenient it is worth more than one dollar

A company printing crypto with a value of $1 and buying BTC with it. What could go wrong?

idiots, what is he going to get in return? same fucking thetter

did you seriously just say there's no BTC/ETH pairing? lmao

You know what else is convenient? Chuck-e-Cheese tokens at Chuck-e-Cheese. Fuck off

greed > ignore.

>Joe Kennedy pulled out of the market before the Great Depression because a shoe shine boy was trying to give him stock tips.
This is the excuse he came up when he was being investigated for insider trading... Its nothing but boomer tier bullshit saying.

If the china fud crash barely put a dent in the trend, normies with $100 arent going to do shit.
By the way, muh normies have been around since the mt gox rally. Get your head out of your ass newcoiner.

>And how much money has flowed into bitcoin? Countless times more than tether has been printed.
Not gonna bother explaining this AGAIN in a fucking tether thread. Every single fucking thread has a brainlet like you who thinks you require a billion tether to pump BTC hard.

>Bitfinex was lagging
If you know Bitfinex just printed a shit ton of Tether, wouldnt you buy in anticipation of the Tether injection? What a fucking brainlet. Of course people in other exchanges would buy Bitcoin after Tether prints more money. They know its going to fucking rise.

>muh tether fud
You do know how much bitfinex is raking in every second through trading fees? You do know the tether being printed is backed by this profit? You do know that even after the tether backing it is only a drop in the ocean in the amount of profit they have remaining?

a lot of people will be on suicide watch once this blows up

this nocoiners FUD

A lot more than tether has been created...

itt noobs who dont understand Market cap has gone from 80b to 320b in months, people wonder how usdt cap and printing has gone up, dont understand the kinda volume bitfinex is doing. LOLL, just admit you kids have sold, shorted the market and now you're getting scared were heading over 20k and you've missed out on ALOT. LOL

Show me it and I'll send you 5 satoshis

>317 million available for margin trading
>somehow this can be leveraged at 3x and suddenly 1 billion in funding becomes available
Holy fuck how retarded are you cunts. I hope you all got liquidated when you shorted at 10k.

bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ETH

>If you know Bitfinex just printed a shit ton of Tether, wouldnt you buy in anticipation of the Tether injection? What a fucking brainlet
Yep. People buying because they saw more tether issued is TOTALLY the reason bitcoin broke 10k and isnt looking back! Not because a shit load of fiat from people who dont even know about tether has been flowing into the market.
Youre the fucking brainlet. Just deal with it and buy back in, accept your losses.

bitfinex alone doing 2,3b daily volume, imagine the margin volume, noobs focused on them even printing 50ml a day, do you not understand how much money these exchanges are making? Why would they kill the goose that laid the golden egg just to nail a short?

Almost all Tethers issued are being used in margin funding.

Demand precedes price.

This is big. Makes sense why whales are forcing people to buy their coins in USD as well through buy and sell walls right next to each other.

>just admit you kids have sold, shorted the market and now you're getting scared were heading over 20k and you've missed out on ALOT. LOL
Its this and the fact they are still holding bcash bags hoping for le flippening. The entire tether conspiracy comes from a single guy who sold everything at 1k, begged bitfinex for a refund when it became apparent 1k would never ever be seen again, and then started angrily posting 20 times a day on twitter.
These are the same type of dumb fucks who think roger and jihan are heroes.

>ad hominem

BTC has a $182billion market cap.
$1B leverage could only impact the price by a half of one percent.
At best, a lot of sell orders hitting the order book at once could cause a panic, but the reflexivity would create the mother of all dips to buy.

Explain where the extra 700 million comes from if there is only 300 million available for lending. Come on you stupid fuck, do it.

I went all in on Tether yesterday. I already knew about this shit but now I'm really worried.

WTF do i do?

I don't want to cash out.

^ Agreed, they should all be thanking USDT if it were true, the ammount of money thats coming in 2018 now we've closed over 10k is gonna be I N S A N E . Well not these noobs, they all panic sold during the china fud and been waiting for an entry since. LOL weakhands never win

>non argument
Keep trying kiddo.

the crypto scene is a wet dream for large scale manipulation. these people are all greedy scumbags. this is coming from someone that has made enough to retire in my 20s from crypto.

It has a market cap so high because the prices are very easy to manipulate.

In reality, I would not be surprised if there was as little as 10 billion fiat in the industry. Making 1 billion dollars, 10% of the actual amount.

You're a fucking retard. Google what marketcap actually is, seriously. I'm not mad, people like you make me a lot of money but it gets really annoying discussing financial topics with preschoolers,

>tether.to/
>Click announcement
>tether.to/announcement/
>Since April 18, 2017, all incoming international wires to Tether have been blocked and refused by our Taiwanese banks. As such, we do not expect the supply of tethers to increase substantially until these constraints have been lifted.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

> As such, we do not expect the supply of tethers to increase substantially until these constraints have been lifted.
Wew, they just doubled the supply in a single fucking month. Tether supply increased near x10 since the announcement. Dont believe me? Then how about you start believing Tether lmao.

tether.to/announcement/

You're confusing marketcap with volume.

I'll go you one better.

Seriously what would finex gain from this? They are pulling in millions a day in transaction fees, why the fuck would they risk all that. This conspiracy theory is so ridiculous and I've never seen a single piece of evidence to suggest it's true

Lel, investing in cryptos, doesn't even understand the concept of market cap.

Do you even know how usdt works ?

greed. why didnt bernie madoff stop when he made 10 mil

>dumb fuck fudders still cant explain how 312 available for margin funding can suddenly turn into a billion dollars available for funding
IF ONLY 317 MILLION IS AVAILABLE, ONLY 317 MILLION IS AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS ONLY 96 MILLION CAN BE LEVERAGED AT 3.3x FOR A TOTAL OF 317 MILLION COMPLETELY WIPING OUT ALL OF THE AVAILABLE FUNDING HOLY FUCK YOU CUNTS ARE SO RETARDED

see and kys, dumb cunt

nice. I havent seen this

Alright then how about you listen to what Tether has to say?

This is an old announcement. But proves the point.

Insults aren't an argument. People are seeing Tether for what it is. And if I'm wrong, I miss out on the gains, do I not? So since we're discussing motivations, why are you sucking all these cocks?

desu issuing tether when its already going up isnt suspect. you have no way to prove it was exchanged for bitcoins.
when its dipping and tether was issued and btc rallied then you can suspect they bought the dip

Are they really though? A large majority of the trades are likely bots, operated by people with connections to the exchange.

Also, Billions > Millions

Impressive senpai! Give me your Tether adress I'll send you some for the great work(not joking)!

Whales have already sold enough to be comfortable without their crypto holdings no doubt, having said that I don't think tether is as fucked as people think - they're likely generating the tethers for large clients after fiat payment.

Im sick of seeing nothing but pathetic ass fud and shilling on Veeky Forums.
What do you gain from doing this constantly? Trying to help people? Lmao get fucked. This is crypto its a doggy dog world.
I hit the mark.. Youre a bcash bag holder doing anything you can to try recoup your losses. Aint no flippening bitch boy, bitcoin is continuing to grow and any drop would be nothing and temporary. Deal with it.

Why would they not have audit information available ? Even when they claim they have it done regularly

If tethers were all legit they would release a audit and shut everyone up. Its that simple. The fact they they aren't and have stalling. This a scam.

>"doggy dog world"

Aaaaand I'm out. You can lead a horse to water.

What if all the new tethers is just big money flowing in through back channels? Then they'd have absolutely no interest in dispelling these rumours, since their customers benefit from a lower btc price.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

>doggy dog world

pls no

The legality might've been doubtful even if they were legit.

>It's another "he doesn't understand how marketcap works" episode.
It's okay, it happens to a lot of people.

Quick simplified extreme situation example to show you how it actually works:
Marketcap is amount of coins multiplied by current price of coins. For example, if you multiply the amount of bitcoins with the price of bitcoin, that's the bitcoin marketcap.
Current prince of coins is what it was traded for on average over a span stretching a short time into the past.

Let's say a coin has 5000 coins and it's trading at 2 USD per coin. That's 10 000 marketcap.
Let's say the next day, the only people willing to sell the coin sell a total of 6 coins for 40USD and there are 6 buyers who buy at that price.
Now the marketcap is 5000 times 40USD = 200 000
6 coins for 40USD is 240USD

So it cost a total of 240 USD to increase a 10 000 marketcap coin to 200 000 marketcap.
It is clear then that the purchasing pressure required to raise a coin's price is mainly affected by the value of the volume / selling supply, not the total value of all the coins of the currency.

>Doggy dog

Did anyone yet consider the possibility of fake USDT not even being minted (= not visible on Omnichest), but simply granted to accounts on Bitfinex? After all, the exchange itself is off the blockchain. Minting actual Tethers is only needed for withdrawals from BFX.

Possibly what can be seen on Omni is only the tip of the ice berg.

I mean, this sounds like a conspiracy theory pulled out of my ass -- but if you wanted to inflate Bitcoin price with millions of USDT, why even signal it in Omni if you own the exchange as well? There actually is no need for it.

so is anyone shorting USDT against real USD? It would be a great bet since there's virtually zero possibility of getting squeezed (why the hell would tether go above 1 usd?), whereas you can get 100% profit when/if the whole shebang collapses.

i dont think anyone takes that bet right now

Can you even short that pair on Kraken, the only place it actually trades?

They're probably paying huge kickbacks to government officials and obviously can't allow themselves to be audited - bitfinex is fucking racking in cash daily, they probably make more than $20M profit per day and don't need to create fake money to ruin their legit profits.

see also *raking, not racking

what exchange can you short tether on?

Your view of the world is warped because you're a brainlet.
There's no benefit to be had by spreading false information on Veeky Forums. This is a tiny board with no influence on crypto as a whole.
On the other hand, there is always something to gain by pooling knowledge. Ideas can be explored, theories can be strengthened or dismissed.
What do people gain from tether fud? The chance of a flaw in the reasoning being exposed, of new information coming to light, of a different analysis of the situation. Even confirmation of previous held beliefs has its use, and even replies like yours have their use, as a demonstration of public mania and refusal/inability to process evidence and/or understand financial markets.

But hey, keep on believing Roger Ver is hiring fiverr pajeets to trick you out of your hard-earned neetbucks on an anonymous cooking recipe trading board if it makes you feel better. Clearly the most reasonable explanation.

Sorry, I missed your point, or were you just pointing out they may be bribing officials?

Genuine question here.

If tether was pumping bitcoin, wouldnt bitfinex price be above all other exchanges?

Wouldnt they seperate off from the real price like what happned with mt gox

They're not 100% legit obviously or they could just get an audit but to think they're insolvent is moronic.

Yes they're probably passing out bribes to keep operating and the tethers are most likely legit purchases for payments from private entities or wealthy individuals.

>There's no benefit to be had by spreading false information on Veeky Forums. This is a tiny board with no influence on crypto as a whole.
And yet 8/10 threads are nothing but pajeet shills. Its clear when half a dozen threads suddenly fill the front page in support of a certain topic. Happens all the fucking time and you cant deny it.

>Wouldnt they seperate off from the real price like what happned with mt gox

You can move USDT to other exchanges, unlike USD.

Apparently everyone else pumps in anticipation of tether cancelling out the impact tether would have had... Lets ignore the fact that hundreds of thousands of new accounts have been created on coinbase alone, and that none of those people would even know what the fuck tether is.

It was for most pumps. But not this time. This time the pump is led primarily by Bithumb, meaning chinese and koreans, likely mostly chinese. This despite 100m+ tethers printed in a couple of days during this rise.

Something really funky is going on for sure this time. It all depends on what those (presumably) chinese whales are planning to do with that bitcoin they are accumulating.

The problem it is easy to manipulate the price causing people to panic sell. They don't see to know about tether if they see they lost 30% in 30 minutes.

Think about this, at what point will their be more people willing to buy bitcoin than sell if it crashes (without whales holding the price up artificially)

>i dont think anyone takes that bet right now
If you have some tether, might as well lend them out at a nice interest rate, no? OTOH, if you expect tether to collapse, why would you even be holding it still?