Why do people buy like 10 cents worth of btc at a time?

Why do people buy like 10 cents worth of btc at a time?

normies having some fun, trying shit out, and getting used to trade like to big boys?

"People".

It's called high frequency algorithmic trading. And it fucked the stock market, and got in on the ground level on most exchanges.

Can you provide a more in depth explanation?

because normies are stupid and dont follow volume trends and just watch the BUY / SELL screen you flood it with screens of cheap buys to make it appear like there is lots of positive volume

It’s a bot u fuck. Imo made by the owner to get more fees from market buys.

Is that sort of language really necessary? I understood that it was a bot from the word "automated." Your post did not provide much additional information. It's cool though, I got the info from investopedia.

get out of here stupid faggot

I think they're usually bots. I don't understand why exchanges just don't offer access to their API to prevent bots? Is it not that simple?

Gotta start somewhere

Get the fuck off of Veeky Forums

"Painting the tape" is the most likely explanation.

Literally a 0% chance it's this lmfao wtf

>Is that sort of language really necessary?
lmao

I don't see why you guys have to be so rude. My son said that this is his favorite website and he is a very nice young man. I heard about bitcoin on the Big Bang theory and I wanted to learn more about it so I asked here. I am shocked by the nature of your posts. I hope you don't speak to your parents this way.

Kek

Close, the small buy orders are used to obfuscate larger sell orders.

Whales trying to manipulate the price up by making it look like a bunch of people are buying so they can take a huge dump on all the normies

Get the fuck off of Veeky Forums you fuckng nigger. You newfags are not welcome here. Fuck off.

Venezuela, Simbabwe

i was just pretending to be retarded: the thread

fuck you baby boomer! get the fuck out you fucking cunts

Won't change anything, bots will be there anyway but will interact with an exchange in the inefficient way, slowing it down.

underrated

>Is that sort of language really necessary?
You need to go back.

Most of these are pretty wrong answers, not even going to read past these top 5 responses.

It's really fucking simple guys, c'mon now.

When you buy say 1.289394 BTC on an exchange, they will take different amounts of BTC from any sell orders that match your price unless somebody happens to be selling 1.289394 at the exact same price as your buy, there will usually be a little bit left over. They sit there until they are needed to fill another order.

When you see orders in the book, each order isn't necessarily from one specific order though the could very well be.

Hope that makes sense.

You seem like a nice guy. This is not the place for that shit. Please kindly GTFO

Correct.

Fuck off nigger faggot

That's not "a person" it's just the amount of BTC left wanting to be bought on the order book at that price