Chainlink nodes need open APIs

>Chainlink nodes need open APIs
>EU is about to force banks to make their info available through open APIs in 2018

This is like forcing farmers to grow dandelions after Sergey invented a car that runs on dandelion juice.
Get ready, lads.

Source: cnbc.com/2017/07/11/incoming-eu-banking-regulations-are-a-headache-for-everyone-rbs-fintech-advisor-says.html

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiwand.com/en/Payment_Services_Directive#/Revised_Directive_on_Payment_Services_.28PSD2.29
sibos.com/sites/default/files/sibos_toronto_2017_sibos_issues_wrapup_edition.pdf
request.network/#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>We're moving into the global, open API ecosystem, and there is no choice.
>So all of the large organizations will come - kicking and screaming in some cases.
-Alan Lockhart, head of open banking and fintech solutions at RBS

The relevant EU directive is PSD2 (Payment Services Directive 2)
wikiwand.com/en/Payment_Services_Directive#/Revised_Directive_on_Payment_Services_.28PSD2.29

Ignore at your peril.

Here's Swift talking about PSD2 in the wrap-up report for last Sibos:

>"The European Union’s second Payments Services Directive (PSD2) and the UK’s Open Banking Initiative, due to come into effect from 2018, both mandate use of standardised open APIs to facilitate access to bank customers’ transaction and account data."

sibos.com/sites/default/files/sibos_toronto_2017_sibos_issues_wrapup_edition.pdf

(the UK's Open Banking Initiative is a similar directive as PSD2)

what will the dollar value of a link token be when it's blockchain is operating?

Excellent post

forgive him user

$20

if it's not a blockchain why do the tokens have value?

They don't. Don't buy link. Too complicated and confusing. Stick to safe bets like btc

Honestly who gives a fuck about the price when info like this is around. Link could corner the entire EU banking sector with their tech in the next 6 months. Holy fucking shit.

This is not a moon mission anymore.

This is a mission to Andromeda

>Honestly who gives a fuck about the price when info like this is around.
My thoughts exactly.

next 6 months lmao, is there even a roadmap. At this point LINK could be Confido 2.0. No news and communication from sergey all we here is some vague shit from rory. Don't get me wrong but I hope things turn out well but don't look like a cult follower.

Pajeet here. Thank you to all you sir who dropped bag cause of our fud. You did the needful thank you good sirs ;) p.s. the fud was timed for this news

Honestly, Veeky Forums is so good at identifying coins. Its terrible at hodling.

>is there even a roadmap
Yes, finishing and releasing the main net.
This was literally said many times by them.
That's the general roadmap. Done.

If you want technical specifics, see pic related.
And if you want more info in technical specifics, ask Steve in the Gitter. He'll likely respond within the day. He even responded on thanksgiving.

I'm doing it again, aren't I?

I'm listening to biz.

Comfy hold is comfy.
Any bag holders who sell are feeding the Pajeets cheap Lambos. You are giving them a bigger control of the market. Do not feed the Pajeets and do not buy into the FUD!
If you sold to make a proffit somewhere else then rebuy what you can afford to HOLD for 6+months right now so they don't make any more money! Take their flipping bags now while the price is still low.

Remember that this is crypto after all. Never invest more than you can afford to flush down the toilet.

But this is honestly one of the most promising crypto projects.
Everything just seems to be falling into place.
I mean, fucking governments FORCING banks to put out open APIs? This is one of the very best-case scenarios you could imagine for Chainlink.
And if you look at the use case for Chainlink (mainstream fucking smart contracts), it's difficult to stay calm.

But still. See the first line in this post.

That's not what a real roadmap looks like, it's too vague in both description of the development it requires and the time (short, medium, long term could mean many things)

True

Veeky Forums is retarded. Sergey basically told us exactly what he was going to be doing 1 month ago and acknowledged the lack of communication. Sorry he doesn't hold your hand and post clickbait everyday on twitter like mommycoin

you are listening to the real Veeky Forums, not the Pajeet Veeky Forums trying to FUD LINK so they can flip it and accumulate bags and gain a greater control over the market.

Yes, they are. That's why I come here to get some fresh information and hints. Aside ALL MASSIVE GARBAGE, there is like 3-5% quality information that I don't want to miss. Just have to learn to distinguish between retard FUD and actual logical argumentative FUD. Usually when no source is given: ignore.

However, I don't give a rats ass about the FUD anyway and usually buy once Veeky Forums is mostly out. PND groups are attracted when there is massive FOMO on biz. One should VERY wary of that and never invest into something that already pumped when it his shilled hard. People should usually know at this point how things work. I myself bought into Chainlink at 0.19$ and 0.17$. Not the best entry point considering the current price, but at least I waited until after the pump/bleeding.

0.11$ if not less

vitalik said it was very overvalued even at its ico marketcap desu

who cares about a roadmap? did satoshi have a fucking roadmap?

So don't buy Link.

K so kys

>vitalik said
Let's not listen too much to what Vitalik says for a while.

All that text and it's literally nothing.

>"also in the process of making a plan for keeping the community better updated"
>goes missing, communication is at the all time worst
Sure thing Sergey, you really improved the communication.

Hahahaha here they come, the delusional bagholders with no argument as to why the project doesn't have one of the most basic things: a fucking roadmap.
They salty my friends.

>claim others have no argument
>have no argument yourself

Oh boy.

obviously banks will use chainlink and not implement their own
enjoy holding those heavy bags anons

Here's the roadmap: turn Chainlink v1.0 (which was used in the Swift PoC) into the main net and release it.

Link doesn't have it's own blockchain. Its an ETH token. It's whole thing is smart contracts. Contracts that are so smart, lawyers can't read them.

he said eth was overvalued 7$ too

>banks will implement their own
That's what the EU will force them to do, yes.

You seem confused lol.

Yeah, they will pretty much invest millions and millions to build their own infrastructure with yearlong development instead of just paying a fee for using an already developed network to not fall behind all the other banks that are already doing so.

>how do I market?

> short medium and long term goals
> SMART goals, writing them down every day
> keep your eyes on the prize guys

Can you read you stupid nigger?

In my previous post I said that the roadmap is the pic is not the real roadmap.
It was created by another bagholder taken from the whitepaper and did a summary of them for shilling purposes.

The team has no official roadmap with specific requirements and time limits, you know, the things real roadmaps have.

>take a PoC and make a functioning product
Nice

what is this gobbledygook what the fuck is ISO20022

le 11000 banks, none of which bought our coin btw

>The team has no official roadmap
See

>what the fuck is ISO20022
According to Swift, it's "the bedrock for global interoperability".
In other words, the future of global financial networking.

And Swift lists Chainlink as a key example of ISO20022 implementation, right alongside Swift's flagship GPI project.

You have no argument because you are the stupid nigger yourself. If you need a "shiny picture" roadmap to imagine things that have been repeatedly stated, you better go back to school and try actually reading some stuff in books instead of just looking at animes with pictures. Just because there is no flashy gif to sum up the information spoonfeeding you doesn't change anything about the fundamentals.

You still didn't answer where the fuck Bitcoins roadmap is and why it succeeds nonetheless.

see request.network/#/
Scroll down, this is what a decent roadmap looks like

Wew lad, that's a lot of angry projections. Are you alright?

I can't take someone seriously after saying "did satoshi have a roadmap".
This is some reddit tier delusional thinking and my friendly advice for you is to take Sergey's dick out of your ass and start thinking for yourself.

We have 0(zero) idea where they are with development.
The only thing we know is they are "porting the core to Go language" and we wouldn't even know that if we weren't spamming Rory to say something.

This. He may be good coding and such but people seem to forget he is an autist 23yo, as if they would listen to other people his age...

There are not enough LINK threads on Veeky Forums Show them the true meaning of cancer Marines!

bitcoin doesnt have a road map becuase it was the first.
it also took 5 years to gain traction.

Req's roadmap is for children. Naming your steps? Lol sergey and the boys have better things to do than appease autistic neckbeards on Veeky Forums. I'm cringing so hard looking at their page my socks are getting wet. Literally fuck off.

>call others stupid nigger
>get offended and calls it angry projection when other random guy calls him stupid nigger

Not much to argue there, I guess. Can't take you seriously either, you are a pathetic waste of human existence.

lmao.
>ChainLink Certification Service, alright who the fuck cares.
>Implement MIGFLAG for Contract-Upgrade Service? What the fuck are those words even? This project is fucking doomed.
>WOW! Request Colosseum?
>Request Stonehenge!
>REQUEST FUCKING PYRAMID!
>Now THAT is something else! Take my fucking money!

Impossible to say now, but it is 90% sure that LINK will be in the top 10, and then its market cap will be tens of billions, if not hundreds

Exactly that I was referring to multiple times now. Nothing changes because you throw in some fancy gifs and waste time, money and effort to appease some retards who can distinguish information by reading and abstract it in order to draw an own conclusion if they should invest or not.

Those are usually the bottom tier school dropouts that will never be successful in anything, because they lack exactly that: reading comprehension and abstract thinking. Every nice picture appeases them and they get constantly lured into traps and don't recognize when actually something solid is in front of them. That and lack of basic understanding of how markets move and how companies are successful. If the fact that SWIFT and several banks that are willingly getting involved with Chainlink don't make you understand that they are also staking their reputation by getting advertised by and through Chainlink and that it is therefore not a "scam", then seriously, you are in for a lifetime of poverty and unhappiness due to your low intelligence. This is just sad.

>millions and millions
yes, banks will spend millions to implement their own solution rather then use chainlink or anything ether based that a bunch of faggots shill on the interwebs.
how can you be so fucking delusional?

WTF are they serious with that? They really are a bunch of right out of collage soy boys, aren't they? I bet they have inclusivity training and equality lectures twice a week and a social justice grad as their HR manager. This is the BuzzFeed of crypto.

:-(

why are you even in crypto if you don't understand basic principles of blockchain, you dimwit? just leave and never look back.

you seem butthurt that even though link has been shillend like crazy for almost a week no one is buying your bags

Who cares if they name steps, why are you fucking butthurt about unimportant things you salty bagholder?
The only important things are the requirements and the timeline, Chainlink doesn't have any of those.

Nice reading comprehension retard.
Here's your projection:
>try actually reading some stuff in books instead of just looking at animes with pictures

Kek
>I'm cringing so hard looking at their page
Look at the Chainlink website.
They are so fucking lazy and incompetent they haven't updated the website since August presale.
It still has all the ICO details on it, fucking embarrassing.
Not to mention they literally copy-pasted Tierion's website.
Anons found old test pages that contained Tierion information on the smartcontract.com domain.

Less than $0.40 which I bought them for

Oops, the website part is for

This. If Chainlink suddenly turns out to be an exitscam
>SWIFT gets put in the spotlights for "supporting a 32 million dollar scam"
>Sergey Nazarov, who has shown his face countless times, gets jailed for life
Confido happened because the devs were a bunch of nobodies noone's ever heard of that used fake pictures and stolen identities on their site
there is absolutely no fucking way link is an exit scam. I cannot fathom how it could possibly happen.

Your stupidity is beyond measurable levels. You are just getting more pathetic by the minute.

Nice ad hominem lmao.

You linkies really should try better than just attacking people for not following your delusional beliefs.
Maybe try using some facts and logic instead.

honestly m8 I don't think anyone seriously thinks LINK is going to do a confido - not with that whitepaper and their presentations

It's the kind of FUD that doesn't even warrant a reply

it's not about faggot
it's about banks having no fucking reason to use chainlink

why do you even care to get involved in the argument? Just don't buy LINK and move on

>rent free

ah you're right, Ari Juels' reputation would be fucked for life as well

Yep, SWIFT is very eager to start using the blockchain. It's only a matter of time that my 20k link buys me a house.

any one of the reasons you gave would be sufficient to show how ridiculous the scam argument is

here's another one:
registering smartcontract.com 5 years ago so you could hold an ICO (not yet invented) on a platform (ethereum) that had also not been invented yet

It's the weakest FUD going

Because Sergey wasted 3 months of my life I'm never getting back + cost opportunity.

And I've made it my mission to fight the delusional bagholders with real facts.
It's the only way to set this project on the right path. Maybe if they realize that Sergey is a lazy nigger and stop defending his coalburning lover minion, maybe they'll be able to see this project for what it really is.

It is a coping mechanism for being to fearful and stupid to actually recognizing and grasping the opportunity, because deep down subconsciously he hates himself even more because of that. like most of the LINK FUDing dimwits.

It is like knowing a girl you like wants to have sex with you and yet you are too afraid to make the first move because you are weak-minded, ultimately leading to missing out the opportunity and hating yourself afterwards.

yes it's definitely not a scam, but that only makes sergey disappearing completely from the face of the earth all the more curious.
what has he been doing the past couple of weeks?

Keep up with the projections m8, you've yet to form a single argument against anything I've posted in this thread.

All of your posts are basically "muh feelings" and "you're stupid". That's not how you win arguments.

maybe work, but who knows?

>+ cost opportunity
Don't pretend LINK cost you any opportunity. If you knew that LINK was going to tank and BTC was going to rise, then you'd have bought BTC and sold LINK. You clearly don't know what you're doing so why delude yourself that you'd have made money if you weren't holding LINK?

Are you going to start FUDing BTC in 6 months time for the 'cost opportunity' that it prevented you from holding LINK?

You made your decision. You're just an ADHD kid who's angry that decision wasn't vindicated in a couple of weeks.

>Buy high, sell low

>muh need fancy roadmap, or no good project

to be imagined in pajeet voice

The lead tech at SWIFT just said that he would be happy to onboard some outside tech solutions to complete their projects as long as he agreed that the tech would benefit SWIFT and it's customers. It was in one of those PDFs floating around.

Networking IRL probably. Business networking, not computer. He probably doesn't want to spend 5min on slack, that's why he hired Rory. He is helping Rory care for his wife's children. Sergey is a nice guy like that.

>people always implying they can or """"could""" predict the market

Yeah, it is actually a quite dumb argument. If you KNEW it would happen, you'd do so. It is always the own fault in wrongly predicting the market. And nobody CAN actually predict the market.

Lmao, I knew that type of roadmap would appeal to you.

Meanwhile, here's the official roadmap for Swift's flagship GPI project.
It's about as vague and generalized as Chainlink's roadmap is.

Substance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> form.

Fucking lmao, exactly.

Oh wow, what a roadmap!

BUY BUY BUY

Veeky Forums is too dumb to connect dots. It's why most of the posters here will stay poor.

The visual design of the roadmap has nothing to do with the roadmap's content you absolute mong.

The content is requirements + timeline, why is that so hard for your tiny nigger brain to comprehend?

Pic related only is still better than whatever Chainlink has, 3 very clear objectives plus Q1 2017 timeline.
CL has nothing except linkie fanart and whitepaper contains vague and highly technical words only people working on the actual architecture are familiar with).

Yes, in the 2017 Sibos wrap-up report:

Here's a quote from a top manager at Deutsche Bank on this matter:

>"David Watson, head of digital cash products at Deutsche Bank. “If someone else can deliver a part of the value chain better than I, and provided that I am comfortable that the experience will benefit my client, I am happy to provide 80% of a service, and bring in a startup to offer the other 20%"

This echoes the sentiments across the entire legacy financial world.

You mean you bought into FOMO and do not understand how coins will often pump and dump let alone LINKs whitepaper. LINK was always a longer-term hold. It will make it into the top coins eventually but it was never going to go up there after SIBOS. You are a monkey for believing that. Its value currently is being manipulated by Pajeets accumulating. If you wanted a quick moon mission then start buying at ICO and selling the initial pumps or go gamble on some shit coins and pray. This is a sure thing but it will take time like all good things. This whole mindset you have is endemic of the entitled ADHD generation. It is why communism is rampant, they want everything now now now and do not realise that good things take time. They bitch about the rich and why can't they be rich but none of them are prepared to put in the 40 years of hard work and sacrifice to get there. Now now now. You are the one being emotional over this and looking for instant gratification, not us. You are probably trying desperately to fill a void in you left over from your childhood. What is it, too much hugging, not enough, beatings, extra friendly uncle or aunt, bullied, parents left you in daycare?
>Now
>Now
>Now
>waaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaah
Just stfu and buy some LINK and HOLD for 2 years. It is not that hard. This project is golden. Gamble with whats left of your portfolio and write any LINK off as an investment in your future. Do not even add it to your cockfolio. It is not that hard.

>3 very clear objectives plus Q1 2017 timeline
Lmao, those are three maybes.
The leader of the DLT PoC project (which was about Fabric) literally said it might not even lead to the adoption of Fabric.

And the Industry Challenge is also entirely non-committal for Swift.
Last year there were three winners (including Chainlink), but only one got to do a PoC: Chainlink.

>plus Q1 2017 timeline
They're saying it was "ongoing" in Q1; that was when they posted that roadmap.
We're now Q4 2017, and the decision on the DLT PoC still has to be announced.

can somebody please explain me how they kickstarted 33million with 2 people with no progess whatsoever and still looking for coders

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking... Monetary unions hq is in Bryssels BELGIUM, they are making APIs AGNOSTIC. What were the other hints?

jus' hold on, my friends. the lambo calvary is on its way.

Are you the guy who was leaving uppercase hints or just repeating his? I knew BELGIUM was one. I didn't know AGNOSTIC was; did you get it from him?

I think that guy may have been trying to point us to the report rory shared yesterday. Realistically I think the point is is that SWIFT and Chainlink are much deeper in bed and more of a sure thing than either has publically acknowledged. I'm fairly certain that's what he's trying to tell us and agnostic fits in with that perfectly too.

>EU is about to force banks to make their info available through open APIs in 2018

Explain this to a brainlet - does this mean all EU banks will publicly share everyones bank account info?

Are you saying everyone's money deposit will be for everyone to see?

What?

Im just repeating. AGNOSTIC was one of the hints given on /biz, but there were more.

Bump, spoonfeed me as well please, I tried understanding with my own research but I can't into financespeak

European union is also in belgium

Could mean that all the banks in europe and Engeland have to use it

Are you seriously comparing a private project vs a project that publicly raised 32 million?

They seriously don't owe anyone any updates or explanations. They are working on a system that they themselves funded.
Sergey on the other hand asked the strangers for money and then went on a vacation and stopped interacting with the community.

>GPI
>private project

Lmao. Do five minutes of googling. I'll wait.

>then went on a vacation
proof of this, please.

If that's the case, if they're pushing for fucking publicly available account info, I'm moving all into crypto whatever the fluctuations might be.

Also, this whole crypto meme, I hope you're aware that it's the actual mark of the beast shit, few more year down the line when blockchain gets adopted and every single movement you make, travelwise, internetwise, gas station, mall, food, internet purchases, income, taxes, everything will be on you, thanks to blockchain.

The commie sperg libtard faggot neets (like Vitalik) will introduce living hell on earth. You won't be able to blink without everyone knowing about it - thru blockchain. It actually disgusts me.