/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

Multicolor vs. monocolor edition!

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Formatting Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
digital-art-gallery.com/
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/
photojoiner.net/
fotor.com/features/photo-stitch.html

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

sure i'll post some custom commanders I made

i think this one has way too many stats

I think that she should instead have "When ~ enters the battlefield you gain 6 life, creatures you control gain indestructible and double strike until the end of turn. Screw the flash, man. W and G ain't sneaky breeky.

Cardsmith/10

*If you do, Not then. I'd lower the P or T by one. Quite like it, but may be a bit broken.

Interesting. I'd make it cost UBG, or give it an evergreen, feels a bit naked for 4, tricolor cmc.

I like the intention. A lot. butitsshit
You're probably better off with a Hold the Line type of effect.

Why does Veeky Forums always remove my tripfaggotry ;_;?

i wanted to give Astika wither, but mtg cardsmith sux

This doesn't work well as a replacement effect as they can't target.

>Cardsmith/10
Couldn't have said it better myself.

>card
Intimidate is dead, Kazy. Use Menace instead. And I'd personally say
>If that creature would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else.

Also, were you the person asking about Scarecrows before? Because I'm certain one of the designs was similar to pic related.

>pic
flavortext? It's an spirit warrior from a forgotten war.

Naaaah. Wither doesn't do it for me. It needs to be something really aggro, to encourage to put counters on it, or really defensive to use it as a stick.

My instinct is Hexproof, but that'd make it a boring and uninteractive card.

Because of the colors, costs, and flavor, I'd be inclined to make a graveyard or infect types stuff that procs on cards entering your graveyard.

I'm against Intimidate being dead. I believe it does have a place in MTG, swingy as it is. It does fit as a primarily Black mechanic, at least a lot more than Menace does, in my opinion. Black should have intimidate as its primary evasion, and red should have Menace. And in any case, Mythic Rare, huehue.

And about the wording, I want people to be able to bounce and shuffle the creatures, and the exile to only prevent infinite sacrifices.

And I wasn't! But I posed three or four for that user, and actually made the Mythic for him.

>flavortext?
How about
>I should have Menace, but Kazy only lets me have Intimidate ;_;

That's a good one.

>posting way too many times.

By the way, anyone wants to test out a set on Cockatrice?

But really, I think it could do with an evasion ability. And I'm utter shit at flavor text.

Oh wait, maybe not an evasion ability. I mean, this is huge in mill. But... Eh, I'll have to think on it. I guess it would help to compare it to creatures that get buffed based on the graveyard.

Toned down the buff it gives to other creatures from Double Strike to First Strike.

If I can get Cockatrice working, sure.

>It's an spirit warrior from a forgotten war.
I guess something about how everyone but him forget the war he died in?

Shouldn't it say "Whenever AT LEAST one card" to make clear something like startled awake doesn't give him +13/+13?

Also, just to be sure: "from anywhere" means any cards being discarded (good, that's quite black), anything on the battlefield being destroyed (ok I guess), any kind of mill (sound kind of blueish to me) AND any instant or rituals played (definitively blue). All that regardless of owner. That's pretty wide and definitively UB.
I would at the very least limit it to permanent cards. But it can still go up extremely quickly, though it doesn't have evasion.

OK, Cockatrice is up. Now what?

But I do want Startled Awake to give him +13/+13 user ;-;

Uh oh! I totally didn't think about Ins/Sorcs. I want it to include mill though, because of dredge stuffs and a graveyard mechanic. I'll remove the non-permanent casting.

Uh, I'll hop on; log on it and PM me. Same name as here.

Yeah, no idea how this works. Do I need a port? Also, I'll be calling myself CO user.

OK, I'm on the Cockatrice server now, port 443. Now what?

Survival bump

Here are some red Riggers I've been working with. Gonna post some other R/U/Colorless Rigger/Contraption stuff momentarily.

Reminds me of this guy.

I didn't realize it had already been done, but that won't stop me. Though I realize I need to fix the Assemble wording, and I'd like input on how to make Unstable more interesting

How is your Assemble wording incorrect? Seems fine to me. If you're saying this because of the cards I posted, ignore them. This was before Investigate was a thing.

>Unstable
I really don't like this. Keywording coin flips sounds awful.

Yeah, I'm not happy with Unstable either. Hence asking for input. I wanted to give the feel of needing a crew to operate them, and have them be kinda chaotic/unpredictable, but I feel like there's gotta be a better way.

And of course, factor in explosions.

Actually just got an idea about it. I have to go to work, but I'll be back tonight with a new and improved Unstable mechanic. No coin flips included.

Their use of Assemble doesn't work because Steamflogger Boss's wording implies the creatures do the assembling, but his version of assemble functions as a triggered ability where a player does something, not a creature. The current state of it means assemble can be stapled onto anything sense it is a passive thing like lifelink or trample.

How equal in power would you consider this cycle? Any too strong?

I don't really see much of a difference between the user's keyword and how this guy's second ability works with Evolve.

I'd argue this is stronger than the Talismans.

White strikes me as the strongest (evasion + removal protection). Green can get out of hand depending on what anthems/overruns you have. Black is annoying in limited only if you don't have ample ways to deal with artifacts in your set.

Woof

so a less interesting Pyreheart Wolf?

Yeah, not the greatest at this. Eh, I'll think on it later.

I'm considering to change the subtype name from tome to rhetoric or lesson so they can be something other then books or scrolls. Thoughts?

>White seems strongest
I'll keep this in mind, maybe make the cost WW1.
>Green could be nuts
I will consider giving the tokens defender.

"As Sanctify enters the battlefield, name a card other than a basic land card.

Permanents with the chosen name are legendary. (ReminderText)"

Derailing this threads with no survivors

Fairy tale plane, working on card mechanics. Any advise, ideas?

(Blue) Whimsy - When you play an instant, {value}

(Green) Fable - Wheneven you put a token onto the battlefield, {effect}

(Black) Punishment - Rename Curse, Enchantment for the enemy players that does nasty stuff

(White/All?) Quest - Whenever {Value}, put a quest token on this {Card name}. Remove five quest tokens from {Card Name}: {Effect}

(Red) Wish - I got nothing.

Maybe reference or thesis? IDK, both of those names you mentioned are better than tome flavorwise. I, and I think most magic players, associate tomes too strongly with artifacts.

black should be deals (effect occurs only when opponent agrees)

red should be passion (opponent chooses between (min)two options)

white should be purity (downsides for multicolor targets, upsides for monocolored targets)

all should have quests

Good ideas. Curses would be something your opponent may {value}. If no, you {Value}.

Red I'm not sure how that's different from black's deals, but white's purity is good. Something like Target {Color Creatures} gain X or something. Like red gains defender.

Purity: Whenever your opponent casts a [something], {value}

deals ONLY effect work when the opponent agrees
enchantments effects the opponent toggles

passion is selected by the opponent out of a list
like a charm spell the opponent selects out of
instants stack resolution

sure they are similar

you seemed to have confused hosers with my idea

I don't care about the specific color
I care if they punish multicolored, or buff monocolored

Ah. So purity would be like "Creatures you control with a single color gain first strike" or "Creatures your opponent control with more than one color gain defender."

Situational, and it has to be limited to who controls what.

Red would be something like: "Your opponent chooses one of the following effects."

yes

How multicolor is the set?

Nice, I'd use it. Do colorless count as one color?

...No. It has no colour.

Yeah, so I figure artifacts and eldrazi would be boned by a 2 cost.

yes and?
doom blade already does that

And path, and dec, stone. There are a lot of things that easily remove something at 2 mana. Only hitting multicolors & colorless as removal is pretty big of a restriction.

Eldrazi are indestructible, don't give a fuck about doom blade.

Ulamog is the only indestructible eldrazi.

What. No. Stop that immediately.

>see exited because I made that card
>huh why would this derail the thread, the only time I posted it it only got 1 reply telling me it was well made/balanced
>look on Veeky Forums archive
>5 replys calling the card completely totally, and insanely broken
Looking at the replys I've got a feeling like they didn't realize that the effect was symmetrical, does it really need to be vanishing 1?

I thought it was fine,

but it can be put in any deck, is basically free, and its effect is very useful

desu i think it's just some autists complaining who don't understand why no one plays "i win in one turn" legacy/vintage

It doesn't even counter spells already on the stack

I think its fine, if an auto-include in every deck, which might be the actual problem

>It doesn't even counter spells already on the stack
It's not supposed to, I'm not so dumb as to try to make a 0 mana force spike. Confusion might be a problem, but I'm making the set more experienced players so I think it shouldn't be too big.
>if an auto-include in every deck, which might be the actual problem
You mean like in the sideboard? I don't think that it's good enough for many decks to play it maindeck, but I could see it being too good against combo maybe.

I think it has play potential in most decks.
Playing aggro creature deck? Turn 2 if red, 3 if black, 4 if white to prevent the wipe.
Slow down tron a few turns to get the win.
100% blowout against burn.

>Slow down tron a few turns to get the win.
Ah, modern. I play pauper/legacy much more often, so I made the natural comparison to lotus petal (which is mostly unplayable in pauper and is fair in legacy) I don't think petal is playable in most standards either looking at simian spirit guide, though it was good enough with yawgamoth's bargain/will in tempest/urza's to get banned back then. Modern is a lot more deprived of fast mana though, so whatever little rituals it does get tend to be amplified.
What deck(s) do you think I should test it in for modern? I'll try testing it in zoo for now.

Back from a bit of testing, it's total trash in zoo, (I don't know where you got the idea that it was good against burn, it felt the most useless against burn, OK against affinity though)
An issue with it for being playable in modern (maindeck) is that if it prevents a player from being able to cast a spell then they can tap their land and effectively gain 2 life instead, instants can also negate the tempo advantage as well as well as activated abilities or suspend.
There might be some sort of shell for it, but I doubt it would be too strong against an average deck.

>and effectively gain 2 life instead
wat

So if your opponent was planning on playing a 1 drop but then you played a bauble they can't play their card anymore so instead of playing their shockland untapped and losing 2 life they play it tapped.
This means they're down 1 mana in tempo but up 2 life.

why the hell would you play it that fucking early?

People have 1 drops past turn 1, and if the only creatures in your hand are one or two one drops then it is the optimal time to cast it against most decks.
Also if you know you're playing against affinity, it's usually right to do it on turn 1.

>affinity
no one said this would be effective against affinity

at most they said the archive reaction was inappropriate

>no one said this would be effective against affinity
I never said anyone said it would be effective against affinity?
I don't what problems you have with my statements.

But why report back after such little play testing against an already extremely overpowered opponent

Modern burn relies heavily on it's creatures, eidolan of the great revel, goblin guide, and monestary swiftspear, to function, and delaying those creatures by even one turn can let pretty much any deck have a much better chance of finding their burn answer post board, which is something most decks have.

I heard you folks like Deathrite Shaman

>Seems suspiciously old for something like this

>Warning, do you want to install this program from an unknown publisher?

...Ummm...
Nah.

Feel like posting the card anyway.
Please excuse the lack of patience in finding a good card maker that I trust.

If anyone splashed this against my cleric deck, I'd be dead. Should be changed to tap all cleric tokens.

Tried to cut the text for you friendo

I'm not really sure if the wording came out right, i'm being too retarded to find cards to compare it to.

Thought of hybrid, but I couldn't see why mana of all 1 color should be able to cast an opposite color spell that effects an enemy color. Maybe remove 1 of the Shaman's abilities, but which 1 would make more sense writing-wise?

The mana cost is so prohibitive that i'd just make it have no cost, its going to have to be cheated in anyway, and it works because the previous version was a land into token.

Zero cost spells are just asking for cascade abuse.

Or other things like that.
Also, cards that use creatures' mana costs would refer to people drawing off her power, like the other cards relating to her do and refer to.

>Counter target spell or ability that targets ~.