Wat do

Help me settle a crypto-related marital dispute, anons

>be me
>be married
>have student loans and some credit card debt
>have combined income over $200k, but live in NYC
>have about $11k in crypto holdings (started investing early last summer)
>want to buy the dip, but can only do it with credit cards
>have a good track record of gains
>think I’ll easily gain more than I’ll lose in CC interest
>wife thinks we should just hodl what we have and focus on paying off our debt, not buying more and increasing our debt

Who is right, anons?

Steps to becoming rich;

1) Pay off all debt
2)Invest any money you make and dont buy shit you dont need

Your wife is correct

CC debt has some of the highest percentage interest rates... that's not the solution.

Agree. The problem is that, moving forward, I'm worried that if I wait until all our debt is paid off, I'll miss the crypto boat.

Sell your Wife
Buy the Dip

This shit really worth your marriage?
desu you could have missed the boat already, its hard to tell whats going to happen at this stage.
You make 200k a year, live in a great city and have a wife. Dont risk it on coins that might crash to fuck all within the next month.

Sounds like you're well ahead of most people... why don't you focus on turning that 11k into something.

Yea, you're right. It's not like a huge marriage-ending fight or anything, we just try to be on the same page on finances.

>letting women make financial or investment decisions

holy shit, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaahah

RIP

Honestly man, trust me.
Debts first, then investments.
You both will do good in life.
GL

Your wife is right. If you want to spread the 11k around do that, but 11k is already plenty to take a shot in this market.

leave her out, women are bad with money

always pay denbts first

And this guy is right, the best thing now, take it out, wait a few days and buy back up. You have 11k in this market. Its a lot more than most of these shitlords portfolios.

>earn 200k a year
>don't manage to save anything
this seems to be the actual problem

Kekd

If he lives in Manhattan they will be spending ~4k a month on an apartment, plus ny is expensive as fuck.

i asume youre american
>getting rid of debt
>in a country thats built upon getting everyone fucked into debt
goodluck mate
my advice go marry some non american and get rid of american citizenship

fair enough

recently out of law school, so haven't been earning that for long. but, yea, we could do better. father in law passed away pretty young earlier this year, so my wife had to travel a lot to help her family back in our home state. on track now, though, and reducing expenses.

your wife is right kek

You're living paycheck to paycheck off $200k so maybe you don't know anything about money and should listen to your wife. Buying crypto with debt right now is the stupidest thing imaginable.

Move to Hicksville live cheap my friend

recently out of law school, as I said. I've only been making that much for a short time. It's a long story about why things were tight the last year, but it wasn't because we were blowing money at per se. Not living paycheck to paycheck, just clearing debt from previous years takes time in NY.

what is 'arbitrage' for $500, alex?

if you can earn more returns than the debt interest, it makes sense to pay off the debt in minimum allowed and invest the rest.

Can't move to Hicksville and get a decent salary as a lawyer, but will likely move to a cheaper market like Houston on Phoenix in the next couple years.

tell da bitch you lostt it all in a hack. KEEP BUYING MORE

OP wants to commit a Reg T violation in order to buy an investment the government is against in the first place. What could go wrong?

Your wife is right. Don't go into debt to buy crypto.

>going (deeper!) into debt in order to buy fucking crypto
lmao
hopefully your wife leaves you, otherwise she’s in for a bad future

GTFO from NYC. expensive as hell.

I lived in Scottsdale last 5 years and recently moved to Austin. Lots of metropolitan cities that don't bend you over in Cost of Living.
>i'm an engineer making $120k in Austin and hodling 20 BTC and 200 ETH, with $50k in student loans @ 3.5% and $30k auto loan @ 1.4% and $400k mortgage @ 3.25%

3) don't get married

Which do you like better? Phoenix area or Austin?

Get out of that jew city unless you are one yourself in that case neck yourself

she's right you moron. crypto is speculation. you don't speculate with money you need.

this is a friendly thread, user. go away.

Rich people dont become rich by owing people more than they can afford

Austin, Lived there during my 20s, a lot of nice shit to do.

>in NYC

So you're netting like $30k/year then, congrats on being a retard. suzie-orman.gif

this t b h, desu

never planned on staying here long term, but it's a good place to launch your career in corporate law

/pol is that way you imbecile

That's exactly how rich people get rich. You leverage your assets as debt so you can get a higher return elsewhere.

One way of earning wealth is to work and save and build it up, then spend once you have it.

Another way (and better) is to take on debt to acquire purchase immediately and then slowly pay down the debt.

Another way is to acquire debt and invest that money in something that earns a higher RoR than the debt interest.

This isn't rocket science. If you have $100 debt at 3%, which situation earns you more money? Paying the $100 debt immediately, accruing no interest or investing that $100 in something earning 6% interest and then paying off the debt? At the end of the day, you'll have +$3 arbitrage.

tough question. I loved the outdoors offered by Phoenix and close proximity to areas like Las Vegas, SoCal, Co, etc.

But the city culture blows. No one's really 'from phoenix' and it seems like its just a transitional city. Most of my friends from my 20's moved on to other cities and jobs.

We ended up in Austin and love it. Amazing TX culture and pride, great food, great family oriented city. In the 5 years I lived in Scottsdale, I never met a single neighbor. The first day we moved in to Austin, 3 neighbors came over to introduce themselves and leave a gift.

My wife knows all the neighborhood wives and we all hang out. It's a great city....just not a lot of outdoors stuff.

I understand that, but what is the point investing borrowed money in something that could fail? I would rather take the risk with my own money, rather than using someone else's to have no money to pay them back.

Oddly enough, I actually am "from Phoenix," haha. I have family in Austin. I think some of the hipsters are kind of annoying with their "welcome to Austin, now don't remember to leave" bullshit (when most of them have been there a year or so). But overall it's a cool city.

I think what you named are more Scottsdale problems that Phoenix problems in general. People are a lot friendlier in Tempe, Mesa, Phoenix than in Scottsdale, which is like the Orange County of Phoenix.

Oddly enough your wife is right.
Get the fuck out of debt before you go blowing your money away.

>combined income over 200k
>student loans and credit card debt
FUCKING HOW?

I'm 21 and paid my way through an Ivy League STEM degree and even I have 60k in my investment portfolio, right now, and no debt.

And I'm still unemployed! HOW?

ding ding ding. Looks like you finally understand the concept of risk. Completely different then your dumbass blanket statement of always paying debt off first.

>I'm 21 and paid my way through an Ivy League STEM degree and even I have 60k in my investment portfolio

no way you did that without family money

I understand the concept of risk, just no need for me to take it with the amount of money I make per year...

>wife thinks we should focus on paying off our debt
>our
Did you married a career cunt, user? Good luck with the inevitable divorce rape.

>investing with CREDIT CARDS
BIG MISTAKE.

Listen to your wife

I worked from the age of like 14 and through college. And my income wasn't very high so there was financial aid.

>be married
>have student loans
Every time.

Yea. My debt is from law school. Got through undergrad without any debt. Couldn't get financial aid, though, because my parents make too much money. Of course, they also weren't the type of help me pay for school, so I was fucked on that front.

be honest, OP. The loans are primarily hers, aren't they. And let me guess, you're making more money than her? And let me guess, she wants to to get a house, with the majority of the downpayment coming from you. And let me guess... she calls the shots about what you do with your money.

Wew lad.

>pay off all debt
good goy

First mistake was marrying something that thinks it controls your life somehow. She’s property and if you chose a used incubator or one that has a broken hymen you invest your debt into a secondhand good that men for ages never would have bought secondhand.

Yes, I make more, but the debt is mine. The rest of your guesses are wrong.

Steps to becoming rich:

1. Divorce

such edge. keep up the good work, user. you are the next Alexander the Great--if his choice of weapon was a keyboard

>putting your finances together with some whore who might take 51% of it
>not having all your money off shore or in monero

Never gonna make it

This guy has the idea... I just broke up with my girl 2 months ago and I'm $14k up :) i guess the YSL couldve been digging into my pocket while also being a whore with no heart... oh shit i went too far... where am I? Hello? Mom?

Dont ruin your fucking life because of crypto
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH MYY LOSSSEESSSSSSSSS IMMAAA HAUNT YOUR DREAMS IF YOU COME HERE NOW MUDAFUCCCKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MOOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYY AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Your wife sounds hot. Pics?

Debt = the rotten dirt of the earth. Get rid of that first. Wifey is right

this is her

nice

No problem, niceanon

pay off your debts. only invest what you can afford.

oh yeah also listen to your wife.
this dip isn't worth getting further in debt for.
if it dips more than 40% then yeah maybe consider buying as much as possible but this isn't worth it

I actually am in a similar situation, but decided to load up the credit card. Thing is, I did it earlier and mostly went into alts. My portfolio is almost 10x up but I don't know if I would recommend doing that now. BTC went up too much, there should be a retrace and consolidation. If you did throw in at least a grand or two on credit card, do it on some promising alts.

yo user, this is the Scottsdale/Austin dude. give me a way to message you and we'll chat more.

Somehow I feel like if you've posted this thread, my final guess is correct. You will also likely give in to her demands. Prove me wrong.

There are no demands here, user. Just two adults discussing finances. What the fuck are you so angry about? Fedora a little tight today?

It's simple. Over the long haul, you'll make more in crypto gains than you'll pay in cc interest. As long as you can make the monthly payments, then buy the crypto. But you must be absolutely dedicated to holding long-term.

memes aside, your wife is right.

There will always be another dip and another good time to buy more crypto. But the longer you hold onto debt the shittier everything feels. Getting that shit off your shoulders is a wonderful feeling, prioritize that over gains for now and you'll be better off.

Don't invest via credit. Never gamble what you can't afford to lose period. You certainly can't afford to lose something you borrowed. Yes, btc will probably rally. That is meaningless as it may not and you are learning bad habits. Be sensible. Take risks with your 11k. If you have any alt holdings sell and move it all into btc (or whatever it is you want to 'invest' in) if you are so confident. If you won't do that but you would borrow on credit...

>Letting women control your finances, EVER

You're already done for.

literally investing more that you can afford to lose
episode 2: credit card boogaloo

if you were smart, you would have sold high and then bought the dip with the gains, but guess what you're a fucking retard