Rory retweeted my link article lol

Other urls found in this thread:

fintech.finance/fintech-tv/sibos-2017-sergey-nazarov-smartcontract/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

was this tweet a joke?

Poor Rory gets paid in LINK. Not even ETH or BTC

Not even close, no.

Im balls deep into chainlink but I dont trust Rory, so I dont trust the "december news"

Remember how that went for OMG? Let's just not over hype a project that aims to reach it's full potential in TWO YEARS

seriously, let's all chill and do something with our time as we wait

I'm just as confident as you are that 100 LINK now will be worth a lot more next year but really? Giving crypto to your family?

I like your enthusiasm, even if it does border on autism. This is product has fantastic potential.

I'm actually doing the same thing, but I'm not actually going to tell them I'm doing it. If LINK implodes, it'll just be my little secret. If it goes 100x, I'll give it to them belatedly.

this is more sensible

>$170 dollar gift

Hi, poverty!

Would you fucks just stfu about chainlink? The time to sell was months ago at the peak, now just either sell or wait a year or more and see if it ever goes up, but stop polluting biz with this deadcoin.

>Would you fucks just stfu about chainlink?
Nope, go fuck yourself.

Fuuuuuuuck you

nah fuck off

lol dedcoin.

Rentfree motherfucker...rentfree

Guys can I get opinions about IOC, Blackmoon and Tron?
Aren't they aiming to do somewhat the same?
In my head they propose a centralized solution on-blockchain, is Link really better?
Need arguments please, I need to feel comfy again

Tron: Trusted to decentralized applications, blockchain-enabled smart contracts, everyone can get the digital value of distribution, open the Internet 4.0 era

IOC: Blockchain | Encrypted | DATA | MSM | DNS | IOC | IOCOIN | IO Digtital

Blackmoon: The bridge between the crypto universe and the traditional investment market.

>they propose a centralized solution on-blockchain
Then they'd be vulnerable to being hacked. If you have a smart contract for a deal worth billions of dollars you want max security. If the contract can be triggered by hacking a centralized oracle then it's reason to be paranoid.

I assumed that, didnt read it
Was wondering if any of you has read their whitepapers and was willing to share some indsight

Guess I'll have to do it myself

We're potentially talking about billion dollar deals (eventually) so the threat of contracts being triggered by compromised oracles is very real. I used to work in cyber security and penetration testing and I've seen companies dealing with much lower value deals than are potentially at stake here shell out a lot of money for security that is nowhere near as robust as chainlink will provide.

If they can pull this off and establish a track record of reliability, pretty much every major financial institution will be tripping over themselves to implement smart contracts using chainlink. It will save them a ton in legal fees and infastructure.

Check out this video:
fintech.finance/fintech-tv/sibos-2017-sergey-nazarov-smartcontract/

>"Categories of digital agreements that have few participants and already use digital state - things like derivatives. [...] In a period like 5 years you're going to see the high value contracts in spaces like derivatives, spaces like the bond market, all kinds of different securities, even equities, they're going to be the standard. So smart contracts are going to be the standard."

And then take a look at pic related to get a scale of the size of this market.

No other company I would rather be heavily vested in other than the SmartContract.com

First movers advantage and heavy large enterprise interest is just icing on the cake. Nothing will stick out more to the small/medium sized business across the world than their domain & name company.

Again, I assumed the centralized solution bit, haven't read any of thise whitepapers

I understand Link potential completely and have already seen every interview I could find
My question is, are these other options as good as chainlink?
I know Corda isn't as its centralized, but are the other options also centralized? Is it just vaporware?
IOC aims to do something else and would only compete on a minor level (DNS, data storage) AFAIK, but what about tron and blackmoon?

vaporware/trash
it's been discusses many times

>My question is, are these other options as good as chainlink?
You can't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure is right. Sergey recognised this problem and started working on a solution years before these copycats even realised there was a problem at all. This, coupled with the fact that Smartcontract.com/Chainlink have already done a working demo with SWIFT and Barclays, Santander, BNP Paribas, and other huge institutions, they are simply too far ahead for the competition to catch up now.

Yeah, been reaading the blackmoon whitepaper and it's one of those "pretty whitepapers that dosent explain shit"
Ir sounds more like a NXT than a Link

Time to read Tron's

I'm late to this thread but just had to say, kill yourself

I don't know anything about NXT but it's interesting you compare it to that. Did you know Sergey was associated with NXT?

If you're reading white papers you've got to admit the LINK white paper is an absolute masterpiece

Like I said, you can never know for certain. But even if there's just a 1 in 10 chance that LINK pulls this off (I'd put the probability much higher) then the returns will be far greater than 100x. If you think there are better options out there, I'd recommend you invest in all the oracle solutions to hedge your bets.

Yeah that's how I found out about it, chexj the charts

I think sergey realized there was an "oracle problem" while working with NXT
NXT was so advanced but they couldnt get past a certain point do to the incapability of using outside data in the blockchain

Linkies and theur senseless shilling turn me off more than the fud itself, but I trust the product from my research

Time to read that tron whitepaper

IKR? Sergey has been putting actual reserach into this

Alright Tron whitepaper is shit too, load of fancy words and no technical indsight. It even sounds like they got the idea of CL, added some bullshit and called it a product

It's good to do one's own research.
I wonder is CL os ever going to get one of those fancy websites though
Its not needed and it lures dumb money into the project, but it looks good, and money is money :/

user I hold 1.100 linkies, how much will it be worth in 2020?

I'm putting monthly 10% of my student job into it, but it's the only coin I'm holding, would you recommend it?

Some user said around 400usd by 2020 (with a 20k bitcoin and a 1.7k eth)

Its all speculation, no one owns a crystal ball to see the future

Even if you calculate an estimate of Link worth, that estimate could only be achieved if the mainnet is completed and starts being used (thing I think will happen, but still)

>how much will it be worth in 2020
I don't know m8, no one does. I prefer to think of it in terms of probabilities and I'd say there is a 50% chance it will be worth more than $100 per LINK

Mccaffee said 1 million bitcoin by then,
So if we up the price of smartcontracts since they are really important and if they can really achieve their goal, it can even be 1000 a pop, but it's one speculation and 2 whishfull thinking

>1 million bitcoin by then

>not enjoying LINK threads
Its DGB all over again, its fun to watch the stages of grief unfold over several months. They're still in denial currently.

>unironically fudding link

yikes

Not denial, let's call it heavy accumulation. I'm sure you're doing the same but don't want the rest to know.

It's where all $LINK FUD stems from. I mean, really... the FUD we see is literally about calling the community manager a cuck.... haha when it's reduced to that you know it's a good investment.

>Immediately posting it 19 seconds later

OP, your life is not one of quality