Mining General - /MG/

i have a few questions

1. what is a good mining rig for 1 person?
2. what coin should you even mine?
3. should you attempt rigging with no previous knowledge of programming?
4. how much KH or MH are needed to make a living just mining?

Other urls found in this thread:

whattomine.com/
whattomine.com/coins
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

whattomine.com/

Rigging one up is easy enough if you are even vaguely computer literate. ROI period seems to be around 4-6 months.

I would say to start off just buying a gpu or two and putting them in your current computer - or just mining with whatever gpu you have if it happens to be one that is suited to mining. That way you don't blow a couple grand finding out that you are retarded.

I'm running 20x Vega's and 5x 580's and a few random Nvidia cards. makes 0.0125BTC a day running nice hash Mostly mines monero.

Are you part of any minging pool, or just do it solo?

mining solo is like trying lottery when you are small.

its fucking mint if you get a block because the block reward is sick, but going solo is literally like hoping lightning strikes.

Doing a pool is better tho right?

What country are you in?

Get an all around GPU / CPU miner. Invest around 2k - 3k in your first machine. Then just fuck around with it.

And there's not a lot of programming around. But, just get into programming if you're

nice hash is my pool
USA baby!

I'm mining 6.5 VTC/day with 2 rigs - 6x 1080s, 6x 1070s. After the halving I'll be mining Monero getting about 2 XMR/month. My winter energy plan is only $0.04/kwh vs the standard $0.10-12.

VTC is making me about $700/mo and my cost is like $80/mo.

RX 480 vs Vega 56 for monero who's the most efficient?

This thread is a good idea, we should make it a regular thing. Always wondered why mining never gets discussed here.

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting started too. Currently deciding whether I'd be better off building a GPU rig or just getting an S9. In either case I'd probably just point them at NiceHash so the S9 might be the better option in terms of price and simplicity, not 100% sure though.

Nice, and what do you pay for electricity? Im planning to mine in SC

It's not particularly hard work, but it's more work than most think, and less profitable in general than most think.

Fuck I'm jealous, if you are holding your coins and not selling you will be rich as fuck pretty soon. Have you seen the latest TA? $10-15 By new years and 20-30 1st qtr 2018. I've been scraping by mining .25 coins a day lately, I miss the times when I got a whole coin nearly every day. I haven't sold a single one though and even with my lowly setup I've made a decent profit.

Also anyone have good suggestions on coins to CPU mine? GPU is busy mining VTC and I'm currently doing XMR with my CPU, but of course I get shit for returns with a rate of only 150 h/s I used to do Bytecoin a long time ago hoping it would "moon" eventually, and I have made a decent profit on it, but let's face it, not really the best coin out there. I'm the type to hold coins for long term profit, and day trade to increase my stack. Any suggestions?

true, but even if I only net 0.2BTC profit per year after costs, that's still a lot if I hodl for a few years. At least that's the plan.

You're (probably) not wrong. Go for it.

And I don't mind discussing it, I can just see why it's not a huge thing here. I'd like more info on the technical side personally, build a gpu based rig with 6ish moderate cards, mine something profitable without asics yet.

Are 580's easy to setup or do you mod them?

I just like idea of getting Nvidia cards cuz just plug and play for starters...

It's not discussed here because crypto kiddies are impatient and probably don't have the knowledge to do it, even thought it doesn't requires much. That's good though, the less miners, the better. I apply part of my gains on mining hardware, been scooping some Vegas 56 to mine monero, have two already and plan to get more. Will mine and hold for a year, looking forward to it.

That's aesthetic. I don't even want to mine but I want to build that just because I like building PC's.

.03/kw

What will people be mining once ETH goes PoS?

nvidia: zcash AMD: monero

Shill me on mining monero, I've been considering recently.

Easy to mine with GPU's.

This. Anything that even takes an ounce of effort won't be considered by the average, ADD crippled person.

Vega 56 are great choice atm, demand at the moment is unreal. Price hiked from 399 to 550 EUR for the fucking reference card within the last 2 weeks.

What's the recommended miner for Nvidia, CC?

Anyone mining monero with low end cards? 570/580 and vegas are really expensive where I live so im kinda looking at 560s and even 550s. What kinda hashrate can i squeeze out of them?

3.1kh/s @605W
Rate my housefire
>Vega 56
>R9 280X
>R9 270
>4670k

ANONS ROAST MY SETUP. I am minning virgin

Now I feel is the time to join mining movement and help networks to be more secure. I have around $5000 for this and this is my plan:
14 x MSI RX470 8gb
2 x Corsair Platinum AX1200W
2 x MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON Intel Z170 LGA1151 BOX
2 x Crucial DDR4 4GB 2400MHz Ballistix Sport LT CL16
2 x I ntel Pentium G4400 LGA1151 BOX
2 x Patriot SSD Flare 60GB SATA3
So what do you think? Am I not gonna burn my house with this setup? should be around 320mh

I have a laptop with a GTX1080. Amd an i5. What can I mean with it for profit without completely wrecking it.

>8gb vga for mining

other than that is breddy gud

buy POS coins and watch anime

so what you suggest?

dude 302mH/s what the fuck are you mining with those hashspeeds?

he'd be getting about $6.5k of ETH per year, difficulty changes notwithstanding.

Hows my setup? Any pointers?

Core i3-7100 Dual-Core 3.9GHz, LGA 1151, 51W TDP, Processor
8GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz, CL15, Black, DIMM Memory
6 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DUKE OC, 1531 - 1645MHz, 11GB GDDR5X,
VER006C 6Pack PCIe Riser Card

Anyone had luck buying hashing power on nicehash? I bought 0.1 btc worth of cryptonight a few weeks back and I ended up with a loss. The monero I mined barely covered my hashing expenses, but the fees fucked me over hard.

Now that's one thing i still don't get. Always see the same thing, people complaining about not profiting from buying hashpower on Nicehash. I guess the ones who know how to profit won't share their secrets though, that's the problem

thinking of getting two Antminers and mining from them

already setup my personal computer to mine ETH (r9 390) but it will take me two months approximately at this rate to reach the minimum payout (0.2ETH)

What should I mine with my personal computer that would be profitable (monero, zcash, etc.?)

It's a ripoff

I built a 6 1070 rig back in June and recently broke even in USD. Started out doing a bit of ETH mining but switched to mainly nicehash because I’m a pleb. It took 151 days to break even (including electricity cost), and I’m still making between 60 and 100 USD a week based on alts swings in relation to BTC.

I’ve made about 0.48 BTC so far, but would have had 1.6 BTC if I just put all the front money and electricity cost into BTC at the time.

If you want stable income, yes.

download the nicehash miner and let it run the benchmarks, then point it at a nicehash account and it will mine whatever is the most profitable and deposit bitcoin in our account

Definitely not. Pools will always shaft you and there is no accountability. I've been mining since 2012 and through the mt. gox crash. I took out a loan and bought five asics at the time before I linked up with the computer science program at a local engineering school and built our own.

Granted the ones we built eventually became obsolete, however they outperformed what was on the market drastically. If you are serious about mining because we were building them for ourselves and not resale.

Build everything yourself and control the entire process. You will have much better results and make way more money not to mention the security of knowing everything is in house. BTW, don't expect to make any real money mining unless you can commit $10k+ to a rig. OR, develop your own asics.

>or if you mine a dead coin then pump the shit out of it

1. How do you get into a mining pool?

2. At what cost for electricity are you losing money?

nothing for now. I am making my first rig now. So its too small?

yeah a buddy of mine is running nicehash on his 1080, I heard it's not that good on AMDs though

nah it's fine, only pointing the fact that mining is same with 4GB, could have spared a little and reduced your ROI time

I'm getting 600 h/s with a rx 570 on xmr-stak

anyone know if there is a power switch that comes with a motherboard?

The power switch is not that important, pick the MB first then worry about that last. Some have them, and if it doesn’t you can buy one for like $7 on Amazon. My rig is set up to turn on automatically upon AC power applied to the MB, so it will restart mining if the power goes out then is restored while I’m gone.

You mean like a power switch ON the motherboard? Yes. It's fairly common, actually.

vertcoin imo

How the hell do I learn how to build an asic?

you dont. Just buy them from Bitmain like everyone else does.

T. owner of 4 S9's

You are like a little baby. Just short the power swith with a knife or something then set it to auto turn on power loss in bios.

at take cse at university

Will a 750 watt platinum psu be able to handle 2 r9 390s for mining with proper undervolting? I currently have free electricity and I found a pretty good deal for them.

I bought my rig in May, made a profit and then sold it all at beginning of October. A good point I wish someone would have told me before: If it blue screens for no reason check the cables and make sure they aren't melted in their sockets

it's hard for me to understand how
>whattomine.com/coins
works. Could someone tell me how much I could mine with:
8gb ripjaw ram
AMD FX 6300 Six core CPU
AMD R7 370 Series GPU

What's the most efficient thing to mine and how do I get started?

fuck no.