Do you include a "beach episode" in your campaigns?

Do you include a "beach episode" in your campaigns?

As in a session where the plot doesn't move forward, no combat, and it's just the PCs shooting to shit and having fun in an exotic location?

My group's pretty weeb so yeah, they're kind of a dumb tradition. I remember the first one I personally kicked off was more of a bath house episode: after finally acquiring all our party members and marching for days on end, my paladin had the bright idea that a nice hot soak might be good for morale. So he went and dug out a hige hole, lined it with this waterproof skin we had, and instructed the druid to fill it up using their create water cantrip. One wizard's scorching ray later, and we were all laughing up a storm sitting naked in hot water. A hearty meal, courtesy of our wizard and ranger, and we were soon so chill that the DM sent fairies to party with us and guide us to our objective.

that sounds extremely awkward and/or boring

No shit? Having breather parts with some jokes and worldbuilding and introducing some new NPCs is incredibly important in pacing. You cant have grim dark on the, blades edge, on a mission, three seconds before midnight tension all the time before darkness induced apathy sets in. Seeing a burned down tavern is much more impactful if you remember visiting that place and had some drinks there a couple sessions before. It also gives structure to a campaign.

Yeah, it's called shopping.

There's still fighting, though. I don't think they've ever bought something more than some ammo or potions without at least throwing a punch.

Half my players need to be directed around like a herd of sheep for anything to happen if they're placed in a remotely open environment. A beach episode would probably stagnate within the first fifteen minutes unless I made a suggestion, which more than likely be a competitive series of beach activities, which could only go on for so long.

That said, I do try and run holiday themed sessions if given the opportunity, even if it's something as minor as the characters suddenly having Santa hats on their heads for no explained reason. I'd like to make it a tradition for all the characters, living and deceased, to put on a dance number at the end of the campaign, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

yeah. after every major event or closure to a chapter or sidestory there's always at least one session where everyone's being themselves IC and they're trying to cool off after the crazy shit.

Then in their relaxing, the hook for the next crazy thing happens, and the roller coaster ride starts anew

Yes.

Anima includes an actual waterpark and suggests a beauty pageant quest for it, so I just decided to be faithful to the core material.

do you play kung fu movie style games?

otherwise fun

>As in a session where the plot doesn't move forward

It should, even if it's only a little. Something as simple as getting some useful item is enough to assuage any minor guilt the players might have over spending an entire session just relaxing.

Beach/Hotspring/Public Baths episodes should be sidestory-esque, but they shouldn't be so far removed that cutting the episode has no impact on the story.

Yup.

As with everything else, it left 3 PCs unconscious and in jail, one in jail for fighting and public drunkenness and the last pretending he didn't know them until the next day when it was time to move on.

yes, I also include a nipponese hot springs sauna episode and a summer festival episode where PCs can try to catch goldfish and stuff

>As in a session where the plot doesn't move forward, no combat, and it's just the PCs shooting to shit and having fun in an exotic location?

We had one of those in the other DM's game. It's Warhammer, so some moments of levity and relaxation are nice.

>the frumpy bookworm is actually superhot, hotter than the default hot girl
I'm so tired of this stupid fucking trope, it's such an obvious neckbeard fantasy.

In real life nerd girls are never hot, they're average or ugly. And they're never perfect girlfriend material, they're either complete bro-tier or absolute shit. Make them like that in fiction and you get much more interesting characters and love interests.

Say's the neckbeard.

I hope you know all that shit is either projection or over analyzing

This is actually true. Women almost do everything for attention and "social". The ones forced into "nerdy" territory are rarely a catch.

Maybe if your group is extremely awkward and/or boring.

We've had semi-exposition filled sessions that moved the plot forward as in allowed us to make sense of some things, but it was 90% of us dicking around and bantering IC. So kind of?

I really hate this version of Velma, not for retarded robot reasons like you, but just because it should be the classic pairing of slender model and plump and lush (high test to my fellow /fi/tg/uys) girl.

>Sexualizing Velma

>As in a session where the plot doesn't move forward, no combat, and it's just the PCs shooting to shit and having fun in an exotic location?
I don't force that on players because that would be fucking stupid.
If it happens naturally by PC decision then sure.

> And they're never perfect girlfriend material, they're either complete bro-tier
?

>In real life nerd girls are either ugly or crazy

FTFY

>either
>implying either of those items necessarily excludes the other

>just the PCs shooting to shit and having fun in an exotic location
We call this "the campaign".

We had one in the Way of the Wicked AP.

That's not fan art. It's from the newer show.

You get a golden star of good GMing.

You're mistaking drawings for real life again user.

Please seek help. We're really worried about you.

My PCs are anti-comfy, so no.

In fact, please kill me now.

C'est ne pas une pipe, faggot.

Laugh it up but we've actually had a few "Beach Sessions". One where we cleaned up the beach of trash and ended up fighting a monster, and another where there was a sandcastle building competition for the town, and once again fought a monster. Some other lengthy beach portions of sessions as well, but then the game is taking place in a beach town.

Awkward dorky girls with secret huge tits/amazing ass/killer legs are real, rare as unicorns but they're out there.
And you shouldn't knock on bro-tier girls, they make for great friends. Even for okayish girlfriends when times are dry.

None of them play tabletop though, at least not willingly. Unless their boyfriends drag them to it

So combat is mandatory in every session of yours? You sound like a shit comic book writer- every book, a fight

>combat is mandatory in every session

I like the part where that's what I said, instead of didn't.

>None of them play tabletop though, at least not willingly
Nigger do you have any idea just how lacking your understanding of how incapable you are of understanding just how many people there are in the world is?

But user tabletop is only for ugly neckbeards like u :^)

Why you say hurtful things like that.

This is the campaign, yes.

We're playing Chuubos

Fantasy does not have bikinis

it breaks immersion

Absolutely not. If my players have their PCs remove their burkhas, I make damn sure to kill their characters. You have to stomp down hard to keep the game from becoming magical realm.

No, but I will in everything I ever run from this moment onwards.

Your fantasy is deficient in sexiness and breaks my immersion, mate.

I've run that scenario as well.
The Acrowarrior did well for herself. The Daimah Nephilim got into sugar and caffeine, and ran amok.
The NPC healer got brought into the SAW murderpark while the players were having fun.

Cool mirror trick

having a mirror wall is a cool mirror trick?

yeah you know what, I needed an excuse to post this.

So here.

I wanna know more about Lemongrab

Storytiem?

Sure. I'm running a game where the players are celebrity superheroes.

They are constantly doing things that aren't related to the main plot. The dirty secret is that the side plot stuff is all still related to the main plot in some way. I personally love that they ignore stuff constantly. Big hero that we all know is missing? His daughter is looking for him frantically? Fuck it lets go clubbing.

The game is full of moments like these. My players are fucking great celebrities.

>okayish girlfriends when times are dry
Don't do that, man.
Don't date a dorky girl out of boredom or thirst, they end up getting attached and falling for you, and then when you want to end it because you found yourself a "normal girl" they take it really hard.

Dorks shouldn't suffer, dorks deserve happiness, girl dorks too.

I'm reminded of the Hot Springs Planet episode of Outlaw Star where the "real" reason the crew goes to the planet is to get some rare magic bullets for the main character's magic gun, but hey since we're here anyhow may as well take advantage of it right?

Which is funny because they cut that episode when they originally showed the series on toonami, and a lot of people were like "whoa, where'd he get those weird draining caster bullets?"

Yes, great times to just flesh out characters if the group's on board with it.

Hot dork girls occur in the same ratio as hot dork guys, but don't let real life get in the way of you projecting as hard as possible.

This.

It's right out of the classic books.

I did something like that for a valentine's day session: the leader of a tribe they befriended was lonely and took to drinking, so the other members took to stealing to fuel his addiction and it caused problems with the local town. The party ventured off to win over another tribe's female leader for him. Nothing got done in main story terms, but it did make some big changes and got them some allies.

Also the leaders were ogres and the shrek jokes never ended.

Well, the episode did have boobs in it, which makes it totally inappropriate for western television.

Dorks deserve to be bullied

>hot dork guys
Don't exist

Help anons, how do I forcefully add beach episodes into my Bloodborne/Lovercraftian universe ?

Kinda. Purely RP sessions where the characters usually fuck around, get drunk and do things.

>lovecraftian
Pretty much everything comes from the sea, just come up with something.

so basically hentaï with sand and tentacles ?
Beach volley with the king in yellow ?

>Not eating calamari with the DJ King of R'lyeh
Yall cowards don't even smoke sanity
>Not making your entire campaign a beach episode
Will video games ever be this great again?

I had a literal beach episode planned for one campaign.

The PCs were going to be attacked by a tentacular kaiju beast.

Shame it fell through before we got there.

Your players sound awesome and you should value them. And don't kill their favorite NPCs this weekend. Please.

>steretyping this much
there aren't neckbeard in my dnd parties, would you believe this?

Hot girl who likes ultra nerdy shit here

I feel bad for you famalam, you'll see one someday.

Which favorite NPC?

I bet you're fucking ugly and only think you're hot. Post picks

>Making this claim without backup
>Making this claim without backup on Veeky Forums

Fist of the Center. Fist of the West is a fucking TREASURE

That's not happening yet. Relax your face

>making the claim that there are no hot nerd girls without backup
Post picks of all nerd girls.

Can confirm. This person is so fucking beautiful.

plz no bully

Damn. Bruises and scars in chicks turn me on. I might be broken.

okay lexxie

>lexxie harford

Reverse image search exists now, user. Try again.

>I don't have breather games for players after some serious shit they've just went through in recent campaigns
Pleb GM detected.

It really doesn't have to be a true beach episode, but not having breather game after tasking campaign is suicidal.

>In real life nerd girls are never hot
>Never

Worst girl

will you please the sex with me

Hot dork guy here. Suck a dick. We exist by the dozens. DOZENS!

Yes they do

I mean, I'm not one, but one of the guys I play with is, if the attention he gets from women is any indication.

We have breather episodes between every plot arc of the game as we've gathered the next McGuffin and further waylayed the BBEG's plans.

As we are generally headed back to our home when this happens, a small city located on a tropical island, to deliver the McGuffins and share the news from the outside world, these often happen to be literal beach episodes most the time as well.

>CoC beach episode
>you're in New England
>the beach is rocks
>the water is 50 degrees
>everyone is wearing scarves and blazers because it's fucking cold
>instead of picnicking you go inside and have a nice bowl of clam chowder
comfy

pls no bully

>Tryint to strawman so much it makes you literally blind

I did a breather/joke session of pure RP with my players. Their clothes got stolen when they were all taking nice hot bath after spending previous two months in mountainous wilderness.
This turned in no time into a Breaking Bad campaign, lasting for 7 game sessions, with blow, hookers, conspiracy, enigmatic drug dealers and fucking Hob from RoboCop 2

It was really, really fun to play

For adventuring, hunting trips in a lord's forest is always a relaxing experience.

For cyberpunk, time off at a nice hotel where jobs are put on the wayside is a nice way for the runner team to bond and combat burnout.

>Get a serious hobby and don't neglect yourself. Too many runners live like hobos saving up for their next augmentation/drone/focus. This will burn you at just as quickly as any drug habit.

-Smiling Bandit

Question:

If the female party members wear bikinis, or equivalent, is groping them alright?

Or just NPCs?

Depends on if you passed the charisma roll to not get slapped and refusal to even communicate after the incident. My sister gave my brother the silent treatment after his friend got caught as a peeping tom

Edit: i mean accidently broke their privacy

Yes, constantly. But it's usually represented by down time in a city. Most of my group is amateur actors, so it's a good chance to do a bit of improv with some established characters.

Beyond that, as DM I also like to do sessions where the heros will bump into villains doing mundane things, like shopping, and get a bit of character development out of them that way.

I like my settings campy.

yeah and my dog is the head of nintendo
get fucked