Zen Protocol

Watch this go to the moon in 2018 guys, it's been a long time since there's been an ICO that looked this good

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.zenprotocol.com/oracles-and-zen-1596c6ba6df8
youtu.be/T9z3YQkKCLo
blog.zenprotocol.com/zen-bitcoin-integration-72fb9b8fa030
twitter.com/zooko/status/863202798883577856?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like Zencash

You do realise that Zencash is just a fork of a fork, with almost no technological innovation or potential, created solely to pump, right? It's like the dogecoin of privacy coins, except it's an even shittier meme.

it was created by three ex government agents and relies on Zcash' trusted setup which I know is compromised. But I still like their logo

Admittedly it's a nice logo, but it really is a shitcoin. ZP on the other hand is not

Is ZP related to Zcash and it's forks? Am I too late for ICO?

Oh so it's like a stealthy eth?

Not related to Zcash, ZCoin, Zencash or ZClassic. Its more like Tezos + Etherdelta + oracles.

Their ICO started today. I was interested but I just got wiped out, they picked a bad time for an ICO

Is ZP related to Zcash and it's forks?
No

>Am I too late for ICO?
You missed their presale which is where the bigger gains are, but ICO started a few hours ago

Oh ok, so it should be an EtherDelta soon then yeah?

Its not on ethereum

>presale
Damn I've known about this project for about a week, gotta stop being so lazy. I've never actually done an ICO or presale though, so I'll look into that now. I'm predicting it's gonna tank though just given the current market, so might wait until it hits ED and buy the hopeful dip anyway

Does it have any direct competitors that you know of?

what does it get listed on an exchange? What do they give the coins?

>ED
It can't hit ED since it's not an Ethereum token. It's a direct competitor to Ethereum and ED, so I really doubt it'd ever be on there

Oh, I see. Do you know where I can buy after ICO? Binance would be great, but I doubt it'd be listed so soon.

This shits pretty cool t b h

and i see know the steps to buy are on the website, was mid fomo panic searching

0.000284 sats for a token? That's pretty pricey isn't it?

Will the price remain the same until the sale is over? Because I kinda wanted to dump some money into WaBi for a quick buck, but this project looks extremely promising imo

fuck I'm excited

>0.000284 sats for a token? That's pretty pricey isn't it?

Token price is literally irrelevant. Learn how a market cap works. If they issued 10x as many tokens then the price per token would be 1/10th as much, and you'd buy 10x as many tokens, so it makes literally no difference. You should view investing as buying a %age of total market cap, and the real metric that you're interested in is price / % market cap

They mention oracles but don't really go into detail, how does this project solve this?

Binance is a scam. I'm hoping for Bittrex but we'll see. One of their advisors was one of the guys who did Kraken, but Kraken is a shitty exchange IMO

I've been in their telegram since 3 months.

However, since we're in a massive dip, anything I spent my money in now will go up so I feel less inclined in spending on an ICO and having to wait till this is on an exchange.

>Learn how a market cap works
I understand this completely, I'm just used to buying much cheaper coins and tokens (not that that implies I expect higher returns). I just thought the price was interesting was all, and assume there must be a low supply here, which is fine.

I'd hope for Bittrex too, but they seem much more slow and/or selective.

Do you know how they handle the oracle problem? Certainly it's not decentralized somehow right? Otherwise linkies would be full on screeching over this.

Haven't stumbled into an answer for this yet.

>Do you know how they handle the oracle problem? Certainly it's not decentralized somehow right?
Their oracles are fully decentralised, they work based on merkle root commitments. It's actually a really simple solution, I'm not sure why nobody else did it.

>Otherwise linkies would be full on screeching over this.
Linkies don't care about oracles or understand how chainlink works. I don't think anyone really does, it's just Intel SGX magic and trusting that Sergey understands what he;s doing. Link is just a pump, nobody really cares about the tech or believes in it, they just want to pump their way to quick and easy gains. I was at a conference in NYC in may and they literally had a vending machine set up that was running chainlink,with some pointless smart contract that controlled what it dispensed. It was the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot for this industry. People really will buy any shit in this market

There ya go

Here's a link to them blogging about it

Here's an interview with the main developers of the project, although they don't cover oracles there:

youtu.be/T9z3YQkKCLo

They really fucked up the timing. I hope it doesn't close too soon, maybe if my alts go back up I'll get in on it

Finally found this link myself like two minutes ago, thanks anyhow.

thanks

When can you dump these bags? I'm interested long term but it'd be nice to know when I at least have the option of selling. I guess that just means waiting until it hits major exchanges?

And how balls deep are you guys in this? The more I read the bigger the position I want to give it.

I did the presale minimum, 5BTC. I don't like holding bags but I'd never buy at a higher price than necessary. I'm not waiting for exchanges though, I'm waiting for Zen to be the exchange.

I'm not really balls-deep though, that's ~5% of my crypto portfolio.

>5BTC is 5% of crypto portfolio
>has $1 mln in crypto

user-san.. I-.. That's cool though, must be fun as fuck playing around with that kind of money. I'm only working with peanuts, so have to take a bit more risk and get a bit deeper in promising projects. I also hold REQ, LINK, RDN and SUB but this looks far more promising than anything I've seen in awhile. Might drop most my bags and go 60% into this t b h

> Might drop most my bags and go 60% into this t b h
Don't do that. Dropping bags is a losing move. Either put in more capital, or don't buy at all. And 60% is huge for something high-risk. Don't do that either, you'll get wiped out. Only ever risk what you can afford to lose! Chasing high gains without considering risk just makes you lose quicker.

>I also hold REQ, LINK, RDN and SUB
Make better decisions in future. Don't chase whatever Veeky Forums pushes. Chase what you personally believe in because you personally understand the project and it's market.

I bought REQ and LINK at there all time lows (or close enough), so I'm sitting at a profit currently. I didn't buy RDN or SUB at there ATL's, but I'm still sitting on a profit with those too, so it wouldn't be too tough to downsize my bags. Also, I can afford to loose everything atm, I have to be willing to take risk if I want to make it since I'm starting with so little capital.

Why don't you believe in any of those projects? While ZP provides a decentralized oracle, it doesn't seem like it integrates other blockchains like LINK aims to do - that's LINK's selling point, a blockchain agnostic decentralized oracle. While REQ, SUB and RDN aren't even in the same domain as ZP, I still believe they're solid project with good fundamentals (though I'm suspicious of SUB, and less so of RDN).

Additionally, I can see why you'd think I'm just chasing Veeky Forums memes but they did nothing but bring these projects to my attention. I have complete faith in the utility and ROI for all of my holds, and I'm not just blindly following memes and pink wojaks.

Fair enough, I see a lot of stinky linky bagholders here who had huge losses, didn't realise you're at a profit

>it doesn't seem like it integrates other blockchains like LINK aims to do

It's integrating with BTC, at least.
blog.zenprotocol.com/zen-bitcoin-integration-72fb9b8fa030

Their team seem hesitant to get into alts which I think is a shame, but as far as I understand their oracle mechanism could handle a block explorer, so you could get data about other chains onto Zen. You could write insurance contracts to act as atomic swaps that pay out collateral on zen if the atomic swap goes wrong. A bit different to Link i guess but at least theres a way to do it.

I noticed you trashed the project here . Have you actually looked at smartcontract.com ? If you're criticisms are of the poor communication with the dev or inactive Github as of late, I can't argue against those. But the project has plenty of potential.

Similarly with REQ, RDN and SUB, one can argue they're non shit. Maybe I'm just getting butthurt cuz a millionaire just insulted my bags though, idk.

What else do you hold? Any other upcoming projects or ICO's your interested in?

>BTC integration
Oh, yeah duh, meant to say aside from BTC. I'm just suprised the stinky linkies didn't throw a fit over this one, because this is very threatening to my LINK, especially so because LINK's token is an erc20, and ZP threatens ETH as well.

>smartcontract.com
I read the white paper, and spoke to a few of their team in person. I'm not happy with the white paper, there's a lot of assumptions on the security capabilities of SGX which are not cited or easily found. Eg. 'SGX provides an additional key feature lacking in these
technologies. It enables a platform to generate an attestation to the execution of a
particular application (identified by a build of its hash state). This attestation can
be verified remotely and allows a specific application instance to be bound to a public
key and thus to establish authenticated and confidential channels with other parties.'

That's a huge claim if it's true. No citation though, and I can't find documentation of how exactly SGX accomplishes this. The idea of being able to remotely verify that an untrusted party is performing an arbitrary computation would be incredible, but I seriously doubt that this is what SGX can actually do. Until I see some proper explanation, I'm going to think that it's either an honest mistake or just pushing bullshit. Other projects, like ZCash for example, went to great lengths to explain their new tech so that people would understand it and feel confident that it would work. I don't feel that way about Link.

I'm more surprised that the Tezos people aren't on this at all, especially with the state of Tezos right now.

I doubt I'm even close to having the knowledge you do, but thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll have to look into the security assumptions (with regards to SGX) that are made more closely in the upcoming days, along with having a more skeptical take all together.

Thanks user, a lot to learn in terms of being less gullible, being more skeptical and curious and finding out how to get into projects like Zen Protocol earlier.

>What else do you hold? Any other upcoming projects or ICO's your interested in?

I hold some BTC, Monero, LTC,, NEM, NEO, and BCH. I didn't buy the NEM or NEO, I have no idea what they do or where they will go. Holding until they're significant I guess.

I'm very interested in ZCoin. I think ZCoin has potential since it's based on well-founded cryptography, the team know what they're talking about, etc. The same argument can be made for ZCash, but I've met Zooko and he's far too autistic for me to feel comfortable with. Not really a rational thing there, I just don't trust him to not sperg out and fuck ZCash up. And if he does, I think ZCoin would go from $30 to $300+ where ZCash is. It might even do that anyway.

There's really too many of these ZCryptos! I hope Zen Protocol is the end, but I know it won't be.

I was once very interested in Zcash because of the solid team of developers (PhD's and active members in industry iirc), but the trusted set up, extremely high dev reward (20% for four years) and hints at implementing a back door for "bad guys" via twitter really turned me off.

I've been interested in ZenCash since, but haven't heard of Zcoin, so perhaps it's just what I'm looking for, thanks for the lead.

>ZCryptos
Hah, yeah. That and "cash" cryptos.

>kikecoin
>mooning

Oh yeah that turned so well for bancucks and stoxfags. Neck yourself, pajeet.

I don't mind a high dev reward, quality devs don't work for free, and there's an alignment of incentives if the devs need to keep the value high for 4 years.

>trusted set up, extremely high dev reward (20% for four years) and hints at implementing a back door for "bad guys"

I didn't know about a 'back door', can you show me a source? That's really crossing the line. Trusted setup was bad enough.

Perhaps I was exaggerating, but it's all here:
twitter.com/zooko/status/863202798883577856?lang=en

I nope'd the fuck out of zcash for good after that.

>dev reward
I also don't mind, but 20% is a bit outrageous imo.

Sorry to spoil it for you but Israel is massively overrepresented in cryptography. Look at any major cryptography conference, there's at least twice as many Israelis as any other country except sometimes the US. Vitalik spent some time in Israel before launching Ethereum, and a lot of the work leading to ZCash came from Israel too. You can't really escape it. One way or another most of your cryptos will have jews on their team or depend on jewish research.
And it's not like the US doesn't have our fair share of failed coins, so what's your point?

One of my criticisms I'm developing early of this coin is, as you said, the exclusion of alts. People don't want to spend BTC at all, and this entire project is currently built around people transacting with BTC. I mean at least include LTC for the future updates with atomic swaps and Lightning Network, but perhaps I'm off here.

It'll happen whether the devs like it or not

I do like the multihash mining idea (as a concept, idk the technical details). It's cool they address miner centralization without being memers like VTC fanboys.

You're implying the necessity to transact with LTC (and perhaps other alts) will be detrimental to the projects success, leaving the devs with no other choice but to support it?

I'm just typing out these concerns as the crop up, and the next one is the majority rule vote for which hash function to use. Wouldn't the whales of ZP just be able to pick the best hash function mix for their farm? It's not as if miners and token holders are mutually exclusive groups.

So if all coins sell @ 2.75, market cap has grown from the pre sale by 33 mln. What was the market cap after the presale so I can get an idea of how big the market cap will be after the sale?

New concern typing out, probably dumb but ETH has cultivated a nice enviroment of erc20 tools, one of which being QSP a smart contract auditor.

Is there an elegant solution to smart contract auditing here?

You won't get answers here, try their telegram group t.me/zenprotocol

Nice Hold here

The thing about the setup... all parties involved would have to be corrupt and collude to exploit it. That’s six people who put their careers and lives and families on the line. And you think they will all collude, get rich, and... what? Disappear somewhere together?

>'In response to the recent news, I can confirm that we have been compromised. This was a highly orchestrated attack which we believe to have originated from powerful state actors. We are doing everything we can to look into this, and determine if there is anything that can be done to fix it. We've lost our founders rewards, so we're every bit as disturbed by this as the community. We will give frequent updates on this situation'.

>And you think they will all collude, get rich, and... what? Disappear somewhere together?

Why wouldn't they? It's an unregulated market, and they're using custom cryptographic methods which could have all kinds of flaws, and they'd know better than anybody else. It'd be so easy to claim that they were hacked or that there was a critical flaw in ZCash. Why would they not just cheat the system?