MTG lore: The Flakening Continues Edition

Previously in the flake thread:

Vronak became Monoblack and wants to be the very best like no one ever was. Autism Inzhu is the autismo cutie pie. Some cool flakes were made. Some less cool flakes were made. Will is still a time travelling troll. Zix got story-timed and is adorable. People argued about summoning again. Reposts. Kelly Digges. Awakened cats. Gaia got story-timed and is a hot coma mountain babe who doesn't like people touching her shit. Sparks sparks and more sparks. Symon is cool relatable guy. Myr user made the most adorable myr who I want to pal around with. And Vronak user continues to be bad at the color pie.

>THE AUTISM INCREASES ONCE AGAIN. SHOW ME YOUR FAGGOTRY.
Cries Razorcock, master of threads, from atop his bone throne made of 1000 flake skulls.
>Thunder crackles. Lighting pierces the sky. "GIVE. ME . FLAKES."

Make 'em, break 'em, fight 'em, pair 'em, story-time 'em, etc.

Previous thread:

>Which is the most boring snowflake?

>Which is the most Mary Sue snowflake?

>Which is the most Tumblr snowflake?

>Which is the most off-color snowflake?

>Which is the edgiest snowflake?

>Which is the most lore-shattering snowflake?

>Which is the most magical realm snowflake?

>Which is the most powerful snowflake?

Actually, when I got into detail of Sephren's personality details, no one argued with it or said anything bad about it. Only one user argued that his kinship with Cromat seemed similar to Nissa's control over Ashaya. Which seems completely on the different sides of the scale of being in relation to another being.

Rolled 1, 31 = 32 (2d80)

All right, let's see what I roll.

What does the grayed part on a character mean?

That's because no one bothered to read it.

affinity to artifacts

Anna and Balbus square off! or do they tango?

>Argyle vs Balbus

A musician and a heretic walk into a room
Diametrically opposed.
Foes!
They emerge with their spirit friends, having opened doors that were previously closed.
Bros!

Gotcha.

Can you sum up your flake in 10 or fewer words?

Can you?

A cock who's a dick and a cunt.

>Dyna
Giant fights monsters for fame and treasure. Nice to friends.

>Zenri
Kithkin rebel–hates bullies, likes learning. Moves stuff around magically.

Mad Scientist who turns people into gear.

Ka'Koarm:
Freedom through willpower,
From any force
At any cost

>Remes
Sneaky Dimir Artificer steals and makes artifacts.

>Cala
Crazy Devil Girl has literally burning questions.

Would a spark be enough to resurrect someone? I'm thinking of having my BW Knight's awakening be his own death.

I'm going FULL SKELETON KNIGHT. He's a pure and saintly knight killed in battle. In his last moments, he feels that his duty is not yet over, awakens, and continues his knightly crusade as a lich, raising other slain knights as his order.

>The Messenger
Robot went nuts and invades planes to complete its mission.

that's... iffy. You'd have to, again, find a damn good reason for why someone would donate their spark to a corpse.

It wouldn't be donated, the knight would have the spark, it just wouldn't trigger until his final moments.

> Vronak
Gotta Catch 'Em All; Be the Very Best

> Sephren
If Adventure Time was a Planeswalker

> Gwendolyn
Raid the Lands. Kill the Living. Enslave the Dead.

naw, that won't work, sparks leave their host upon death. For an undead to have a spark they would have had to receive it from somewhere else, and again, with good reason.

The Spark tends to save people from death. Like, upon death or teetering on death, the ignited spark brings them new life.

Though, with that being said, Ugin is a thing.

>Diomedes
I'm going to win and it's going to be glorious.

I direct you to the post below you.

There's not a whole lot of info about how Ugin got his spark, though.

>Kikiki
Vaguely senile wizard lizard. You are now also a frog.

>Astera
Satyr orphan wanders the worlds, learns legends, aspires to heroism.

>Vanya
Merchant girl wished for freedom. It came with spider butt.

>Sonia
Nurture over nature. Spreads peace, love, and joy through music.

ugin may not be undead, or even a spirit as we conventionally understand it. We do know he's made of flesh and blood from Sarkhan's interaction with him, and we know he can be killed through brute force. The spirit nature of ugin may very well be just the nature of his magic, which might interact with the material of the soul directly withut color.
that doesn't turn him undead, it saves him from death. Again, ugin is a LIVING thing, he bleeds and can be killed. You NEED a better reason than just spark ignition for why your guy is both Undead and a planeswalker.

That second response is not front the creator of the skelly knoght walker guy.

What if it's an Arthur/Merlin-style thing?

The Merlin, a planeswalker on the brink of death, transfers his spark into the dead body of his king.

The time travelling scientist wizard who did it.

Alternatively

Imagine if everything bad was because of one jackass.

the point remains, undead need donated sparks, otherwise they could not be both undead and planeswalkers. Ugin is not an exception, he bleeds and suffers from bleeding out, to the ends of death.
that's a better idea, and sets up perhaps the narrative of a king going around raising undead knights to form some sort of eternal knights of the round or something.

Have him be pseudo-zombified by planar magic, his spark goes off when he dies for real and then he walks, dies upon entry there and becomes a 100% zombified walker.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking with the last part of He goes from plane to plane resurrecting new champions of his knightly order.

And it sticks firmly with WB colouring. White from the knightly action, black from the necromancy.

Typically, no. Though a spark igniting could save someone from a near-death experience, plenty of potential planeswalkers die because whatever killed them did so quickly or to such an extreme that they didn't undergo the kind of stress that allowed their spark to ignite.

Sorin was made to be a vampire by artificial means, so he didn't die in a conventional sense; his spark reacted to the extreme stress of turning.
Ugin is a spirit dragon, but there's no strong explanation for this at the time. Doug Beyer has suggested that it's because Ugin could have literally transcended his color(s).

So a spark won't resurrect you from actual death. If you pass, you could theoretically be brought back to life by the donation of someone else's spark. Alternatively, a process to make you undead that wouldn't necessarily kill you could trigger your spark's ignition and be the factor that makes sure that the actual risk of dying in the process doesn't take hold.

>Go, my undead army!
>Go save the children!

C'mon, it's a cool image. Order of skeleton knights riding in to battle the mindless undead.

Really sleepy. Pooped out a plane.

>Sexiest flake?

Cock or Myr

Kaina or Cianne

OK, skellyking has a name now, and changed his used spells up.

Just need to choose a home and favourite plane, and start work on typing up his lore.

Why isn't William blue if he's all about time now? It's a blue things, and Teffiri was the blue plains walker.

Teferi.

Tobey

There, lore written up.

Actually pretty proud of him.

Which colour combinations for flakes are rare?

I want to try and make a lesser-seen combo.

>Akanta
Survivor of Serra mourning her plane on Bant.

Not Will's maker, but I can offer a possible solution. Currently there are two real colorless planeswalkers. One is an artifact, the other is a dragon with weird magic. Both, while being represented cardwise, definitely do not themselves have true colorless personalities, and both have some connection to time travel. Additionally, while the Eldrazi themselves are colorless, they do manifest colored concepts, like hunger. Given that, as far as tarkir is concerned, time is a quality of planes, not the multiverse, or at least not universal across the multiverse, so it stands to reason that if you are made of a material or magic that for some reason has an extra-planar or extra-temporal quality about it, you may, in fact, ascend to colorlessness without actually being colorless in persona.

Sounds like either an ally for perfect rival for Tien Sheng. Joth might be a good companion, as would Izari and Hakam.

But I mean time isn't extraplanar like you said, and thus isn't a thing with the blind eternities. I get the idea that it's this crazy place where you could probably go anywhere, but time itself is pretty much a blue aspect. I wish I had the time spiral books, how much did all the colors get affect by time during those blocks?

Dude should either be blue devoid, lose time as his theme, or maybe focus on rifts/Eldrazi. The problem is, there's no theme to colorless that makes a colorless walker a problem to focus.

What's kraken, fellow flakes? I got a new one for you all. Enjoy.

>He's a damn kraken. He doesn't have hands.

MY SIDES

A good unglued creature. You have to be sentient to planeswalk, which I don't think Krakens usually are. I wonder, can something be magically enhanced to sapience by a wizard and then get a spark?

Also, he doesn't feel right anytime he's on Kamigawa. All the girls get all weird around him and stare a lot.

I don't want to nitpick but isn't Rabiah like all desert and sun?

Lorthos is sentient.

Also, if dragons can planeswalk then I'm sure a kraken can.

Yeah, because Sinbad of the Seven Seas doesn't exist. >_>

Also, pic is of Rabiah.

I'm working on an Esper Vedalken planeswalker, since there's only one Esper walker at the moment, and as far as I can see, no Vedalken at all.

There are two. But, go for it. No Vedalkens yet.

Is Zix's writer on? I want to see the next story time with him. What happens?

Or if Will's writer wants to start story timing the next chapter?

But I want to know what goes down with this shindig.

Bio incredibly rough atm, any thoughts?

Sorry but I think you need some of these

>all of the green/white walkers aside from the phyrexia buffoon sound like Good people
Maybe my interpretation of the color is wrong.

Work out what his first few planes were like that he traveled to? Maybe go into some depth on why he wants to murder all land-dwellers other than his emperor?

Could a zendikari mercenary join the Jeskai? Would they accept him into the clan?
How does one join the jeskai clan?

>kick the sands and count the grains
I'm sure anyone could join so long as they find an appropriate tutor with a legitimate philosophy.

Neat. I'll make a snowflake.

I decided to head the words of Razorcock and increase my autism/faggotry. I made a Gaia card. Feedback? Too much? Too little? How can I improve it?

Fuck, forgot the file.

Seems okay, cool card. I'd play it in my five color clusterfuck EDH deck.

How's that looking for his early adventures in planeswalking?
As for his hatred for land-dwellers, I can't really figure out how to elaborate on it other than good ol' fashioned racism with a dash of a superiority complex.

Just look up the Guide to Tarkir and you'll be fine.

Esper Vedalken finished. What do you guys think?

How is he going to carry around the eyes of his legion? No hands. No pockets.

And why would he?

Thank you. To avoid making it too OP (which was a major concern) I pretty much just lifted her abilities from 5th dawn, with a few minor tweaks.

Summoning Lorthos without Thassa's bident?

Hmm...

>Zix
Not as smart as he thinks he is.

He has no win condition.

see user

He has his own kraken eyes, that is what I mean.
You understand? is not an artifact carried by him is an artifact he posseses, equipped in it

The ultimate should be -10.

He does. The Noble Work.

EH kind of bland and standard for any Esper character.

But then it would never get played :|. It's already 10 mana.

I'm pretty sure normal kraken eyes aren't mystical artifacts. I'm sure they are taken from dead krakens by artificers and made into mystical artifacts.

Any combination has the capacity to be good or evil, but it is easy as fuck to write a traditionally good character in G/W and nearly impossible to write a traditionally good character in something like U/B or B/R.

This. Get inspiration for a character then work backwards from there, don't try and hammer a character into a Shard in particular, because having to support 3 colours just means unless it's a strong concept, they're going to be bland.

You're going to Blue Sun Zenith someone to death?

>B/R

I've been dying to make a traditionally good B/R character but holy shit, a character who would be able to support B/R is so difficult to make good.

Ramp and three turns sets it off? That's a bit much.

Also, ramp and Doubling Season is instant win with her.

I'd at least lower it to 3 starting loyalty and her first ability being +2.

Just make it some sort of death knight who fucks shit up.

>Ramp and three turns sets it off? That's a bit much.
I see your point. My thought process was that she wouldn't see play until at least turn 3, what with a converted mana cost of 7. But my domain deck is pretty casual so...yeah. If someone cheated her out early then it would be 3 turns to win, wouldn't it? I know the average for pw is "Ult can go off 2ish turns after it's played" so I was going with that formula. As it is now, how many turns do you think it would take a good domain deck to get that ult off? Starting from the beginning of the game I mean?

Hey, I'm around but on phone for now. We'll see if it have time to write more today, but RL is mad hectic for now.

I know the feeling. It's the last week of my senior semester. I'm taking 5 senior level classes and working 30 hours a week. My anus has been bleeding the past 4 weeks from my penetrating schedule. And I had a 4-day long panic attack. I'm going back and forth between Veeky Forums and a paper this very moment.

Take your time, bro. But I am really interested in seeing how this storyline pans out. I'm such a lore faggot. Even if that lore is made-up.

>continueddddddd
And adding to that, I really enjoyed Gaia's storytime, too. You guys should team up and write some shit for other flakes when you're done with this storyline.

These cards don't represent decks, just the preferred methods of a particular character. If his focus is on the control part, he's got no reason to include his bomb in the preferred cards section.

Hm I was just thinking of making a .... I don't want to say EVIL but certainly not nice G/W character and I think I've come up with an interesting idea?