Warmahordes General

Whiney bitches be crying edition.

from omg changes to casuals games matter.

Remember dudes and dudettes. Play nice with one another. We all benefit from this new edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
hordes abridged:pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249154-Comprehensive-Collection-of-MkIII-Spoilers-(-Spoiler-Alert-)
twitter.com/wnhungerford/status/723296723519442946
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's not very nice of you OP

Wouldn't really call that a good choice of an OP image.

Just invites assholes on both sides.

Anyways, I'm super fucking curious about the Archangel. I want to see if they didn't change anything but what they've talked about, because otherwise it does not feel worth it.

on a not shitposting note:

I wonder if they're going to make a full blown 3magnus or if they'll just make eMagnus into a Cygnar ally. I always felt like the alternate Magnus from the Lions Coup rules was actually pretty cool since he was an infantry caster and I'm wondering if they'll try to do that again with his new incarnation for Cygnar

Mordikaar2 please. I'm sorry but, "He's in the stomach of the Devourer Wurm" isn't how this shit is going to end. Especially since he's literally the only non-Cryx character to have actually cheated death. Give me my Lich-Lord Mordikaar you fucks.

Didn't Harbinger die?

>Lich-Lord Mordikaar you fucks.
Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Cross-faction casters are probably going to be more of a thing in the future (What with Caine all but confirmed for going Merc).

As a Trollblood player I can't really see how that would work, though. Warlocks are very particular about what beasts they can use. I can see, say, a circle warlock being infected and joining Everblight, but I can't imagine how someone would cross over into Trollbloods.

Enjoy legion fagget:

The Archangel is now SPD 7 and is the first gargantuan or colossal to have a rule that allows it to move outside of its normal movement in Deceptively Mobile (I argued really hard that it should be called Insanely Fast, but I was overruled). Deceptively Mobile simply says that at the end of an activation this model did not run or fail a charge it can advance up to 3", then its activation ends. This rule replaced the Archangel's Ride By Attack but I think in the end you'll quickly see it was well worth the trade as this nimble gargantuan effectively gained 4" of potential movement.

Oh and its RAT went up to 6. So it's way more accurate with those d3+1 AOE 3 POW 14 dragon fire shots!

yea and they brought her back. can't go killing offf holy floating lolis now can we?

Is Intercessor Kreoss' horse's tail shared by another model? I can't find it on PP's parts store.

try looking at goreshade 3's horse might be the same?

I've seen that, but I'm not quite sure if it changes the problems with the thing.

Like, d3+1 POW14s isn't going to put out the kind of ranged damage you need from a model that's roughly a third the cost of your entire army. And with it's animus unchanged as well, what is it going to do, exactly?

And I don't play Legion.

Leto did it, somehow.

Goreshade's horse's tail is made of bone.

Oh, those alternate-universe rules were just pure fantasy, even in this fantasy-setting. None of it was meant to follow any in-universe rules or logic, really.

those were real? I thought they were fan made, neat.

I mean, Arkadius sets the precedent as well.

Beyond that, while they certainly were fantasy, those rules were meant to be what if sort of things, as in situations that could have actually happened had things gone differently.

I mean, Stryker's is essentially a direct parallel to Magnus's, after all.

I hope they start spoilering warcasters soon. I want to see whats up with my home boys venethrax and scaverous ( and also my tournament pair gaspy2 and denny3)

>Especially since he's literally the only non-Cryx character to have actually cheated death.

Harbinger and Baldur would have words with you.

The stated plan is to do an insider for every faction before the edition drops. I bet they're be a caster from each faction in there.

Testament as well, really.

You can point as Haley as well, I'd say.

Yeah but Mordikaar did it through sheer force of will so fuck your gay shit.

Testament didn't die, his shtick is thyat he is only human to reach urcean WITOUT dying.

Just one more point of armor on top of that would makle him good.

Okay guys i read on Battlecollege that Carnivean is bread and butter beast for Legion, however, tournament analysis says Angelius and Scythean are the most picked warbeasts in faction, well, Ravagore is picked often too. I wonder how come? What do Carnivean lack what those two have?
Oh and tell me - is Typhon a good beast overall? Like does almost every caster actually want him?

The carnivean is more expensive than its siblings and tries to be a combination of ranged and melee, which makes it worse at both than the dedicated melee or ranged beasts.

But what if i run 2 carniveans for example instead of 2 scytheans and something on top of them?

2 Scytheans will have about the same melee damage output of 2 Carniveans (due to Chain Attack: bloodbath).

This lets you have 4 points for whatever. Be it Shepherds, Shredders, or Deathstalkers.

As the other guy said they're not useless or anything, but other legion heavies just do their job better. Hopefully Mk 3 makes them useful.

Well what about Typhon then? Worth buying?

>buying legion going into MK3
HAW HAW HAW HAW

Carnivean has a helluvan animus, though.

? I like the looks of faction and dragonblighted northern wild elves are cool i think. Also STAG MOUNTED ARCHERS.
Also am about to buy old two-player box for hordes. Should i do that or maybe wait untill new one is released (never)?

I'd say wait until we see what the units look like under the new rules, but if you can get it cheap it's not a bad idea.

In MK2 I feel like he's worth too many points for what he brings to the table. Super fun with pVayl though, since she gives him a free boosted roll with Dark Sentinel that combos well with Critical pitch. I've had a jack charge Typhon, trigger both Dark Sentinel and Critical Pitch, and then throw that jack back three inches take a fuckload of damage while wasting its turn.

He's haw hawing because Legion is a top tier faction in Mk 2 and likely to get nerfed. Thing is, PP already said that they're buffing legion infantry since they don't get a lot of play time.

you'll also need to get a new faction deck for whatever you pick up now when mk3 comes out, so really you'll probably be better off waiting and grabbing the new battlebox so you'll get the new rules and cards and tokens and stuff included with it

More likely is that the Devourer Wurm did most of the work so that he could be used down the road to manifest itself.

>minions getting Hutchuck
>gators getting Targ
>ancillary attack and earthquake grenade
Turtle might actually put in work

Right now we have no way of knowing how good it will be in a couple months.

>PP players are worse than GW ones edition
>Denial sub edition
Many keks, thanks.

I'm pretty happy about that. I play Legion but love fielding Nyss.

My big question is about the Legionnaires though. Since they're bumping the FA of UAs, what are they going to do about Farilor and Bonehammer and other character UAs?

Obviously those will be FA:C, I don't see how that's a question

best we can hope for is they put out non-character versions

think the question was more 'how are they going to balance taking multiple units that require character attachments with taking ones that don't'

I'd really like all character UAs to become solos that grant special benefits to a specific unit type within range sort of like the Grotesque Assassin.

They might also change things around so that some of the "must have" buffs from the attachments are built into the units.

Hey, so new warmachine player here! Heres my list, looking for feedback! Keep in mind, this is my first list ever!

Faction: Convergence of Cyriss
Casters: 1/1
Forge Master Syntherion (*6pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Galvanizer (3pts)
* Mitigator (4pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
Clockwork Angels (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
* Transverse Enumerator (2pts)
Eradicators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
* Transverse Enumerator (2pts)
Reductors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)

Well, step 1 is that in two months we've got a new edition, so I'd hold off.

Step two is that if you take any sort of infantry with Syntherion, you've made a mistake. You want to max the jacks for him, because the more jacks he has, the better he gets.

He plays well with every jack in the faction, but especially enjoys Assmiliators and Modulators.

If you're looking for an infantry/jack mix caster, Lucant might be more your alley.

Burgeoning Retfag here, the walletpocalypse has begun.

I picked up a Scyir today because it looked cool, then a Gorgon because it seems like a good distraction while dudes get into melee. I'm probably going to grab Dawnguard Sentinels and/or Thyron tomorrow because DUDES WITH SWORDS

How am I doing here?

that'd be a much better way of doing it yeah

they could do that but they do have to make the UAs worth spending the points on somehow

there's an user that did a big writeup on convergence not too long ago, hopefully they come around to help ya out

Wait.

In two months, a new edition drops, and shit might change up.

I'd wait for the new battlebox at least, because it's a pretty good deal.

Despite the fact that the new edition is coming out, if you really like the look of something, you can buy it. We don't know if anything will be good or not, but if you think it looks cool then there's not a lot of harm in having it unless you want hyper competitive.

Probably worth throwing my name on the local preorder list for one of the new boxes and sitting on my hands until June, then?

As said, it's not the end of the world to pick some shit up, especially if you're looking for models to paint and the like, I just caution going balls out building a list and then finding out your list needs to be built a different way for whatever reason.

They're not removing anything from the game, so anything you buy is going to have a version in the new game.

I guess just caution is what I'd say. Like, buy what you think looks cool, just don't go building yourself a 50 point list out the gate.

Look to see if your local store is going to do a journeyman with the new edition as well. That way you can ease yourself into the game with the new edition rules with a lot of other guys as well.

So what's been heard for Skorne in MKIII?

Depends user, are you more interested in warjacks or infantry?

Tortured Baby Elephant is now a lesser warbeast

Far Strike Now RNG:Self and costs less

Immortals have souls.

Heavy infantry are now 5 boxes.

They focused on removing Skornigy.

Condition has been nerfed to 1 Fury instead of any, but Paingivers abilities are no longer once a turn.

>eMorguhl's Feat

Feat: Blackout

Enemy models currently in Morghoul’s control range and LOS suffer Blind for one round. (A model suffering Blind cannot make ranged or magic attacks, suffers –4 MAT and DEF, and cannot run, charge, or make slam or trample power attacks. It must forfeit either its Normal Movement or Combat Action during its next activation. Blind can be shaken.)

>Immortals now have Souls.

>Skorne Empire are tenacious warrior people. They've suffered in Ios, but have managed to hold on to some pieces of it.

>Pending fiction on the Skorne-Ios war. The Iosian Gods may be coming back somehow. More houses are joining the Retribution cause.

>I will say that we looked closely at each of the Skorne warcasters and I think unlocked some really interesting potential play styles.

Holy shit, they are bringing back his MKI feat?

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249154-Comprehensive-Collection-of-MkIII-Spoilers-(-Spoiler-Alert-)

It's good, but not as busted now that you can shake off blind.
It'll be a real nuisance for those infantry armies, though.

Dawnguard Sentinels managed to break through my apathy towards the game's visual design, and it's hard to resist a squad full of Landsknechts. I feel obligated to run at least a squad or two of them.

Ret jacks seem interesting enough between their clean looks (I don't really get straight steampunk) and some cool abilities.

I figure I'll be running combined arms until I figure shit out better.

I think the bigger difference now is that Skorne has the ranged firepower to take advantage of the -4DEF part of the feat. I mean, feat + three bug shots can absolutely fuck up some living casters, and if the Mammoth ends up being straight up ROF3, it can be some serious ranged output right there.

They haven't confirmed whether or not they've changed the animus so who knows.

>Tortured Baby Elephant is now a lesser warbeast
That can't enrage I assume? Don't see a problem here.
>Far Strike Now RNG:Self and costs less
Cool
>Immortals have souls.
Sort of makes sense since they actually do have souls.
>Heavy infantry are now 5 boxes.
Hey PP fuck you.
>They focused on removing Skornigy.
Rather than actively developing it lel
>Condition has been nerfed to 1 Fury instead of any, but Paingivers abilities are no longer once a turn.
Wait so I can stack Enrage and turn a Cyclop Savage into a PS21 monster that can slap down heavies?

Presumably enrage will work like medicate and only be once a turn

But you can medicate and enrage, and then condition as many times as you wanted

To be fair, they've said all, or nearly all, heavy infantry have dropped to 5 boxes.

Only Man o Wars remain 8 boxes, though my guess is that Convergence infantry will keep 8 as well.

I imagine Gator Posse will stay 8 as well. They are supposed to be the tough and have thick ass hides.

As a gator player, I think they're going to be going down to 5. Warders will probably remain at 8, as might Cinerators.

>naked aligators
>tougher than guys in power-armor that lets them go toe-to-toe with light jacks

They were pretty specific that all heavy infantry units are now 5 except for manowar. Manowar are in steam powered supersuits and the 8 boxes thing is what defines them now.

No. They said "almost all". Not "all."

People here are naming half the fucking heavy infantry in the game

Convergence are the only ones that fit, literal robots competing with warjacks with men inside them.

Do any of you have any tips for a new player. I am trying to decide between collecting cryx or legion of ever blight and was wondering to what extent the plays tule of each army differs. I mostly have experience from warhammer having played dark elder and dark elves in 40k and fantasy respectively.

So I overheard something about the Choir getting nerfed at the LGS.

I decided to check the forums, as I haven't played in a while since Colossals and realized it's a whole new edition coming out.

So the two were arguing that Jacks still suck (main reason I stopped playing) and that they were getting massively buffed. The other mentioned something about a warjack should be able to destroy an infantry unit on its own instead of having forced warjacks.

...I am wondering if the game could even support total Warjack dominance.

Cryx tends to be mostly infantry with spell slingers, buffs to damage and the ability to resurrect some models

Legion of Everblight's biggest schtick is ignoring a lot of rules. They tend to crumple easily but dish out damage/get the alpha strike early.

Clockwork is fragile as fuck sorry to tell you.

I don't understand the retarded notions that warjacks have to be the only thing in the game.
The game has never ever been about just warjacks. It's been a mixed army deal - and that's how they're pushing and balancing the game for mark 3.
Warjacks meant for killing infantry will kill infantry. Not all will be able to kill a unit on their own. It's stupid to think that all of them should just be able to annihilate a pack of people on their own.

No they aren't. Will all but confirmed they were going to be 5 boxes.

Uhuh thats pretty cool. Well, hopefully they buff Proteus as well, i totally LOVE the guy.
Well since i did not even play a single game yet i do not really mind lol. Thought i really, REALLY do not want to run infantry Legion. Models are just ugly aside from Ogrun. I would only like to run a games with monsters and those guys (pretty much monsters too).
Oh, and stag cavalry too. They are awesome imo.
But i really dislike the new Legion warcaster (and i assume it does cool stuff to your ranged beasts, since box inculdes 2 ranged beasts actually) looks and that box does not include the Ogrun warspears. Considering i want to run Circle aswell and i like Kaya ALOT (looks and stuff. also cool abilities) should i buy two-player box? Yes, i know, it does include TWO argus things, but since one is included in new editions i assume they should start working well?

Not magical Clockwork, however.

But it plays into Convergence's game plan, which is to win by attrition.

Nope, Gators are 5. Warders are also 5, but they come with Shield Guard.

Cinerators are straight up going to be 5.

Whats the initial source of this meme-thing? As a russian i want to know.

Source? from the sounds of it, you're just a convergence fag talking out of their ass.

>exactly one hit for "jack gorgon" in the archive
>it's somebody using it's name for the tier below shit on their heavy myrm rating list
Maybe I should have researched this purchase a bit better.

Source for what? Gators?

twitter.com/wnhungerford/status/723296723519442946

In two months, it might be worth it, so you might be alright.

Their little talk on regening fields was stupid as fuck though.

"Now that you get a free focus, you can spend it to buff your shields!"

Because yes, if I have a jack that's actually involved in the game, I want it to spend focus to do nothing.

Yeah, I mean they're vehicles. Vehicles in warfare don't just do everything ever - their main role is to support infantry, whether that be taking out anti-infantry vehicles, or taking out other vehicles so YOU can use anti-infantry vehicles.
Even main battle tanks are used as support for infantry.

Cmon, user. d3 more shields! The power!

>implying that's proof
It's an implication, but not a confirmation. I think Gators will be 5, but saying "these ARE 5" without confirmation is just stupid.

Honestly, the heavy infantry nerf is straight up supposed to be a warjack buff. Most heavy infantry had become better at doing what it is warjacks do, so they got hit on their ability to attrition.

You know they've been spoiling shit like crazy, right? If they were 8 boxes, why wouldn't he have just said "Oh, they're still 8 boxes."

They're 5, man. Nearly every infantry in the game is five. If any single one is an exception, it would be Convergence infantry, and maybe even only Recipicators, simply because they're designed specifically for attrition.

Now that >tiers are on my mind, where would I find a good source on what units are considered "good" - or at least an accurate picture of how they play in an average match?

I think the problem is that there really aren't a lot of anti-infantry warjacks

Cygnar is pretty great at anti-infantry jacks. They will shit out pow 10 chainguns all goddamn day long. Or you get Menoth with all their rockets and flamethrowers. But Khador? The destroyer is about it. Khador jacks don't really support anyone, they exist to get in brawls with the other jacks. And I guess that works if your goal is to punch the anti-infantry cygnar jacks, but they're honestly a little slow for the task.

You're actually braindead.

Ha, joke's on you, if I was braindead I wouldn't be able to respond to your post!

You're welcome to point me to a counterargument that isn't just "lol you're retarded!" though.

Beast is their anti infantry jack. Technically so is the Devastator and Demolisher kits, and to a lesser extent the Kodiak. Ideally, the Berserker could be an anti infantry jack if you could control the explosion.

Of course, those models are actually subpar at the role, so they didn't get used for that. New edition should hopefully fix that though.

You're literally repeating yourself. You're just saying 'nuh-uh, it's convergence and nothing else'
You're unintelligent. There's no counterarguing with you.

I don't want to rely on characters for that. And putting a 3 inch aoe on yourself which can't be done after a run or a charge is hardly something that makes me go "Yeah, this is our anti-infantry jack". That's bullshit, compared to cygnar stuff shooting out d6 strafes and rapid fire and covering fire templates and all that shit. Or menoth shitting flamethrowers everywhere.

I'm saying why it would be Convergence to retain 8 box heavy infantry if it was anyone, yes.

I'm saying this because Convergence is heavily about attrition, so it would make sense for them to retain their extra health. This is in line with all the Man o War buffs being designed explicitly to make them better at attrition, with becoming repairable and gaining the ability to resist enemy control elements.

So, you're welcome to point me to other heavy infantry designed heavily for high attrition. Warders are about it, and we've already been told they're going to 5 boxes but gaining shield guard on every model, moving their utility around.

The podcast they say "most medium based infantry is moving to 5 boxes" and that the 8-box thing is meant to have a unique feel for manowar. I heavily doubt anything else is going to be 8 box.

Both the Devastator and the Demolisher could do their shit on the charge. Yes, the Kodiak isn't straight up an infantry killer, but it does have some utility in it. Some utility that will hopefully get buffed. The Devs problem is that ARM17 for actually doing something, which will hopefully get remedied somehow.

And what's wrong with relying on Beast for your anti-infantry needs? You usually only want a single anti infantry list, so it's not like him being a character is a problem.

>and we've already been told they're going to 5 boxes
s o u r c e ?
They said most. Not all. Stop making assumptions.