Why is your group lame?

Share with Veeky Forums campaign-settings/ideas for games you've always wanted to play or run but never get around to doing.

Other urls found in this thread:

shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612
mega.nz/#F!1hRCDCgL!14mPWNWrZuSrxU9dsK-fkw
youtube.com/watch?v=zIIKGc6jL8Y
docs.google.com/document/d/1RmGLUBNkpkZf-Nl-rQRh_0kMiTuynB22ZNhbuQcV_rA
ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Races/Crew_Members
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Always wanted to do a Lord of the rings campaign. I don't know why, but the cliche appeals to me.

I've always wanted to run a Vietnam campaign but most players I know would never go for it OR I would have to cut out all the dark, scary, non-Politically Correct bits
I need to get some non-SJW players

A game where the players are stuck in a video game or are video game characters. Also a SAO game would be interesting. So far, I haven't found a system I like where it fits the theme.

I know this isn't what you looked for, but i hope its close enough.

shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612

If you ever do make a game like that, make sure you implement the whole game aspect of it properly.

How so? Like adding stuff from video gaming like lag and such?

Well, you could just play it in 4e or Strike!, depending if you want to simulate the equipment treadmill and numberbloat or not.

SO fucking many.
A game that runs like a mix of Mage:The Acension and Harry Potter.
An EVE like game.
A far-future M&M game, and a Baccano! inspired M&M game.
A D&D 5E game inspired by the Alchemical Exalted.
A PF game that used custom races in a demiplane that ripped culture right from Drow of The Underdark.
A D&D game that reversed the Surface/Underdark dynamic - included anarcho-mutalist dwarves.
Eclipse Phase, MAID, Ironclaw, Firefly/Serenity, Dungeons The Dragoning, a whole host of other games.
The list gets long when you start casually working on settings.

Not him but off the top of my head being that it's based on a game it can have its own game mechanics and metafuckery. For example they could literally hack their own dice roll to a 20 or something crazy like that.

You open up ALOT of options here. Gimmicks and tricks, even exploits and glitches in the game they could use to their advantage.

This.
Also, why shouldn't lag be a thing?
Also, language barriers and the different kinds of players you cna meet in online games, the faggots, the beggars, the "im a gurl, teehee, can i have some stuff?" guys, the lone damage makers of both dick and blessed kind and of course the ones who badmouth the entire team even if it was only themselves who fucked up and who never said a word before the moment everyone fucked up.

>all those shitty ideas

A Tron game.
A 80s cartoons based game about warriors set in space
A japanese mythology based game where the kappa are the main race
A japanese mythology based game set in modern japan
A cyberpunk game where players are robots
Nechronica

I shall open up my list.

>GURPS Golden Age of Piracy swashbuckling that takes a sharp left and becomes zombie apocalypse
>Streetlevel supers game mashing together every genre under the sun, powerlevel skyrocketing as the game goes on
>Edge Of Tommorow style game - two PCs with no particular powers trying to complete a single objective and whenever either of them dies they start the day over
>Campy game starring the PCs as wrestlers trying to elbowdrop a world-threatening evil
>Red Alert style dieselpunky World War pulp adventure
>Multigenerational game where the players fight a recurring evil that spans thousands of years, playing as their initial character's descendants gifted with power in their blood
>Homestuck 'pregame' where the players are 'setting the stage' for the canon session, players only talk through OOC (but no meta) and IC chat clients - each player has a 'screen' which is a spritefagged visual representation of an MSPA panel, showing their character

I may do the latter one as a quest, since it seems more achievable that way.

>playing with SJWs

Why?

Also, where can I find more on that RPG?

I had a setting I still want to do, but I can never organize a group.

It was based on Hawaiian/South Pacific Islands muthology and such. Volcano worshipping Dwarfs, bipedal Iguana people, Elves that sailed between the islandsn Minobaors. Fucking had a blast writinv everything up. Just never got around to running anything in it. Made it all in 4th Edition D&D. Debating restating everything for Savage Worlds.

Literally anything but bog-standard D&D.

Multiple-generation campaign where player character bloodlines are a major factor- that, is, Eugenics/Politics Sim 20XX.
I just can't count on the players not being faggots about it, especially if a really beneficial bloodline pairing happens to be impossible.

what system would you use?

I can't play a game with "realistic" (read close to historical) gender roles, because my players are mostly girls who don't want to deal with that. Not even so they can fight against those roles in the game. I understand perfectly why, I don't hate them for it, it's just inconvenient for me because I really love characters that rebel against gender social roles, mulan was my favourite disney movie for a long time.

I had ideas for female adventurer's/soldiers pretending to be men, or for women knights a la Briene of Tarth, but theplayers prefer a world where there's no such complications.

I have same problem with trying to get a crusader game going. They keep saying I'm stroking my Christianity for wanting to play a historical game. They just don't want to play a game where they can use magic for slay a goblin...

They sound like pansies.

Playing Nechronica with a great group. Jealous yet?

Mainly I've just always wanted to play Tenra Bansho Zero, everything about it appeals to me and I will surely one day be able to play it.

I see a list of meh to terrible ideas

>Always want to run CoC and Delta Green
>Finally convince some players of mine to have a go because we were 2 players short before a critical session
>I even have a scenario prepared
>They seem to enjoy it
>Some of them even get unnerved and thrilled
>Have a few more barely-related one-shots of this
>Players admit that this system suits my GM style so much more than obtuse mechanics of 5e
In around 2 weeks get a message from my players effectively saying "This is cool and all but can we get back to D&D already?"

I'm just a little salty because in the Legend of the Five Rings game I'm in my GM sees no problem with allowing our Scorpion to brew up a version of venom that affects people instantly and drops their stamina by four every minute they don't succeed on an absurdly hard stamina check to resist it.

Which mechanically means that as long as he gets it into someone's bloodstream they are dead in dead in one minute. Two at most.

I actually wanted to do a DnD game in where a mega-corp from a sci-fi/cyberpunk Earth comes down to colonize it and the players are mercs hired by the company to search out resources, talk to locals and protect corporate interests.

mega.nz/#F!1hRCDCgL!14mPWNWrZuSrxU9dsK-fkw

Not that user but I'm green with envy.
>find out about it
>Read it and like the mechanics
>start brainstorming ideas
>my group thinks it's creepy
>mfw I'll never get to be the Necromancer or a crab arm loli

Other than Nechronica, I would like to run:
Ravenloft
Planescape
Cyberpunk 2020
A Phantasy Star setting with Gurps
Fate of the Norns Ragnarok
The TSR Marvel RPG

Wrote this in response to the thread title, not deleting it now:

Group #1: I used to DM for these guys, but one of the players volunteered to try his hand at it. He spent nearly a year writing a story for us to play through and preparing a setting that boils down to "FR with a different map." He rewrote my character without telling me and railroads like a 55-year-old man. Have complained, will leave if shit continues.

Group #2: Rotating GMs, rotating games. I run one in every four sessions. The player base is inconsistent: couple really good guys, 2 lolrandum pillocks, a guy living out transparent power fantasies, a guy who just wants to drive a statblock around, and a guy who keeps making us play his incomplete homebrews.

Group #3: Imminent Rogue Trader game with a couple people I've played with before. They are fantastic people and I am very excited. I hope I don't let them down.

Roll 20 info?

A M&M game that takes place right after the Trinity Test. Superheroes from both Allied and Axis powers start showing up and a nearing victory back into a stalemate.

The group plays as a squad of Allied Supers in a coalition by the name of S.P.E.A.R. or Superhero Pacification Espionage Assault and Recon.

Any game at all. I'll talk them into starting a game, they'll skim the book, and then play some shitty moba for four hours instead.

So play from the side of the turks?

You should really check out The One Ring roleplaying game. Whatever the Murkwood supplement is called is a pretty good campaign idea too.

I want to run a short Nechronica campaign, but my group latched onto the concept that the characters are more or less little girls, and are convinced that it's some kind of fetish game that I'm trying to dupe them into.

I just want to run a game of existential despair and cosmic horror god dammit.

The idea I wanted to run with the most was a mecha campaign. I got close to that, but it fell apart last minute.

Some other ideas I had include a sci-fi horror oneshot based on The Thing and an urban-fantasy scenario based on the Nasuverse. I think my problem is that I mostly think of ideas that I'd rather play in than run.

>The idea I wanted to run with the most was a mecha campaign.

roll20 info?

motherfucking DARK SUN
Spelljammer
it will never happen
my friends hate fun
our games don't last long anyway

I considered something like this once; haven't run it because I've had other campaigns to play, but I was thinking of a SAO style interface, but for some sort of competitive game where small teams compete in challenges.

I was planning to handle the PCs are gamers, with stats and skills relating to gaming; and then treating their avatars more like equipment. The intent was to run a plot that would involve metagaming, exploits and the like, with some "online" and "offline" components.

There's definitely fun to be had there.

>I want to run a Game of Thrones campaign
>I want to run a Superhero campaign
>I want to run a Star Wars game

For the first one, I haven't done it because only two people in the group have read or watched anything of it. Half of them seem to like roll play more. On top of that I'm not sure if I could give Westeros justice.

Second one, is that I'm not sure how to scale things out for Mutants and Masterminds. I kinda wanted to give some members solo sessions at like PL 8 or something and then have group session to give an Avengers vibe with them at PL9 or 10 but I'm not sure how I'd stat villains and what not for that. I'm also not sure that when I'm making a character if I'm doing it right or not.

The last one I managed to do one session of Saga Edition and the party thought it was okay. I wanted to try out Age of Rebellion or Force and Destiny. But everyone wants to stick with D&D and don't want to try something that isn't d20.

I always wanted to run a campaign in a post- post apocalypse fantasy setting, where most of the sentient races built a city to protect them from some catastrophe that occurred some 5000 years ago. A city that hold over 50 million beings on floating islands, underground, and within three concentric walls. Outside, nothing but the wilderness and barbars too beastial and cunning to die as a proper civilised person would in the wilds. The world building required is just staggering and I moved and haven't found a new group to run with so...

>The world building required is just staggering
I'm doing something slightly similiar, if it's fitting I recommend you to pull the dark souls trick. "TIme and space are convoluted" give you some room for improvisation and a backup tool to change a plot hole into plot hook.

My players only want Forgotten Realms. I have gotten them to allow me to run my own settings, but they must all slavishly adhere to the FR aesthtics of High Magic, Kitchen Sink, and Dungeons everywhere regardless of logic.

I just wanna run some lower magic games goddamnit. Maybe roll once or twice on some wound or disease tables before the mage cures it with no effort. Forever gm is suffering.

Ravenloft can be run midway through another quest, that's what I did

That sounds pretty cool. I would personally do it in SW over 4e.

As a forever-GM myself, I have the answer I would give off the top of my head.
"We've been playing the same thing for a very long time by now, and I'm starting to feel like something a bit different. I know you like what you're doing, but I'm starting to run out of ideas for the same thing over and over again. Before we play the same old again, I'd like to run two or three sessions of something different so I can get a bit of fresh air and get some time to find ideas for what we usually play. I don't plan on playing it for longer than a few sessions, but if you could put in a modicum of effort, we can all have fun with it. Then if you don't like it, you can tell me afterwards, and at least we'll have tried it."
Something like that is a nice, backhanded way of saying "everyone is supposed to have fun, not just the players, and if I don't get a bit of a reward for spending dozens of hours on this, I'm out".

My group is lame because they're flaky, only tangentially interested and mostly just humoring me.

I am DM forever because nobody else can be bothered to learn a ruleset, but they insist they "want to play D&D" because they saw it on the big fucking bang theory.

I'm going to poison the koolaid if the next session actually happens, I swear.

My group isn't lame.
I'm tactical encounter balancer who likes seeing how little resources he can win with
and they're powergaming min-maxers who try to hit as hard above their level as possible
We work well together.

I'd feel too hard-pressed to accurately portray the horrors and effects of war on soldiers. And the fact that I am a historyfag would mean I'd start stocking up on books and getting overly critical.

GURPS WWII has a lot of good resources, and it's useful for the Vietnam War as well due to containing a lot of general information on modern warfare. It gives material for everything from full-power Rambo bulletproof abs to "blood in your eyes, dirt in your wounds, scrambling half-dead through the jungle in the dark hoping that you get shot so you at least won't die from sepsis" war horror.
Even if you're too much of a history nerd to run the game, the book is still a good read.

I want to run 50 Fathoms but my group before I moved wasn't interested, they only tried Savage Worlds to humor me but only if it was Deadlands. Haven't found a pickup group that would be willing to try it.

Other than that I can't really complain about a group not willing to try a game I want to run, don't have a group now. Such is life with no friends outside of family and an almost 8 month old son, I do occasionally get to play online.

>loved Bionicle since I was 5
>had everything. Toys, sets, read all the books and comics, played the video games, watched the movies
>learn about RPGs, finally think I'll be able to play my Bionicle game
>group thinks the setting is weird, or that It's for kids
>I still have all the sets built. I just want to play Bionicle

Does anyone know what a good system would even be for a Bionicle game?

Toa-Metru best Toa

Anything at this point. I just want to play a decent game with downtime between stuff. The only other GM in my group exclusively runs prebuilt games and absolutely butchers them.

>Does anyone know what a good system would even be for a Bionicle game?

When in doubt, I go for Strike!. You'll have to brew some to fit better tho.

I've looked at Strike!, seems like a fun system, I just need to convince my group to learn/play it

Welcome to my hell.

If your group is anything like mine (D&D grogs), don't make the mistake of showing them the rulebook/classes before you refluff everything, because it wrecks their tiny lizard brains.

> not Toa Nuva
Philistine.

There's a group that was working on making a system. Sort of dead now.

My group is actually retarded sometimes. I love them to death, but when one of them is playing a paladin and has ONLY STATS on the character sheet by the 5th session I have a problem

But you're wrong
>Metru
>Marhi
>Nuva
>Mata
>Hordika
>Inika
>The last ones when the Nuva got split and some of them got wings
>The dumbass Gladiator ones, not even real Toa
In that order

Got a link to anything they've made?

>Gladiator
I agree with you, but Mata Nui was based as fuck despite being in the worst series.

Mata Nui and Takanuva were the fucking best

A WFRP2e campaign where the players are Skaven.
An Iron Kingdoms pirate crew campaign.
A low-tech sci-fi survival horror campaign a la The Thing or Alien.
A game of AD&D2e where we don't start at like level 10 off the bat.
Any sort of campaign in The One Ring.
A Historicals game in either the 12th or 18th Centuries. No magic shenanigans, no supernatural twists, just classic intrigues and human heroics.

I don't have very big dreams, but even then no one will give me the time of day. Feels bad.

It's more a case of "I feel like a shit GM and this will be terrible" but I always wanted to do a base-under-siege space campaign more or less like a fusion of Tomb of the Cybermen and The Moonbase; complete with the scene of tha traitor getting rekt by the CyberController while the Telos theme plays on the background.
youtube.com/watch?v=zIIKGc6jL8Y

Well, there's the google doc of the system so far as it's been worked on.

docs.google.com/document/d/1RmGLUBNkpkZf-Nl-rQRh_0kMiTuynB22ZNhbuQcV_rA

FUCK Spelljammer I'd love to play that. I had actually forgotten that existed.

They just dislike politics and play this kind of games mostly for escapism from real world.

They're great for having fun, just not the best group to unleash my autistic worldbuilding needs.

Thanks user, I can work with this. Do you know if the Skype group is still active or not?

>Multigenerational game where the players fight a recurring evil that spans thousands of years, playing as their initial character's descendants gifted with power in their blood
That sounds badass. I'd play that.

There was a small bump of activity last night after a long dry spell. You might be able to coax some life out of it.

The last thing that was being worked on was elemental powers and how they'd work. If you wanted to be a player, we lost half the people who were initially interested.

>putting the cheapo piece of shit Mahri figures that high
>putting the Inika figures you could use for all sorts of stuff that low
Otherwise that sounds about right.

I'd love to play and help any way I can. It's sad to see something like this lose traction. was one of the main guys working on BugWorld if you saw those threads

I'll check it out more in depth when I get off from work if my group never responds

Nigga Inika couldn't be used for anything with those dumb head pieces. The only cool thing about them was the ball launchers (zamor spheres?)

And Marhi had the coolest ending with the revival of Mata Nui. And they had HYDRAXEN. One of the best titans

Also Lessovik

>weapons that could be held as guns or swords
>actually fucking durable thigh and bicep parts
>hips that could be used for extra arms or wing joints or whatever
>zamor sphere launchers

Even just the differences between the connector parts would make them better, since I've owned about three Mahri Hahli sets and on all of them those bits just flat-out fucking shattered during the first assembly, something that happened with the Rahkshi from that last toyline too. The things were made of peanut brittle or some shit by that point.
Mahri did have a better story though.

I used to suffer from non-commital murderhobo players as a forever DM. I had a great idea for a d&d5e lovecraftian invasion campaign but here is what happened:
>one player was just there to kill things. He played the same character he always does, just with a different class
>another player asked me to read the setting notes to him twice just so that he could make a chaotic evil villain who was so contrarian to everything going on I'm suprised the rest of the party didn't administer a mercy killing
>another player decided to ignore the setting and tried to rp-justify multi-classing into GOO warlock, despite me banning that patron for story reasons
>a fourth player I think was coerced into playing by his housemates (aforementioned players) and was trying to fit in but had no idea what he was doing
>two other players who played one session each then dropped out, one of them telling me he wouldn't be bothered turning up
To have no group is better than suffering a bad group

An Only War campaign based on the experience of the soviets 13th guard rifles in stalingrad. I'd start the players as a whole platoon amd rotate through different squads as things progress. As they take losses the squads would reform and combine until there's just one squad left from the whole platoon. If I do it right, lethality would equal the 97% casualties of the 13th.
It wouldn't be an exact ripoff of the battle of stalingrad, just similar situations (crossing the Volga, rattenkrieg, a Pavlov's house allegory, etc.).

>>Streetlevel supers game mashing together every genre under the sun, powerlevel skyrocketing as the game goes on
Hey I'm doing that right now.

See, the revival of Mata Nui thing was actually a pretty big problem. Where else could the story have gone, after he actually awoke? The sacrifice was amazing, but it was obvious from there on that there was gonna be a pretty hefty shift in direction.

Inika was a problem because it was the point where Bionicle was trying to be edgy. No, literally, they used that word to describe the artstyle of the comics. But it did have an interesting story, some cool characters (even if the Toa felt rather personality-less), and introduced an entirely new land. I'm a faggot who enjoys Mata Nui and Metru Nui best and would rather forget anything else, but I can't deny the appeal of the Pirhaka as anti-Toa.

Yeah the parts were good in Inika, I'll give you that. The shitty cordax blaster things that the Marhi had. I just didnt really like the masks and weapons of the Inika. The titans were dope, but the normal sets didn't click with me.

I dont recall you problem with the pieces breaking though. The only set I had that broke was Lessovik. I was so upset

Quite a few;

Rifts died after around 3 sessions, players (DnD almost exclusively) decided it was too complicated, and I fucked myself by removing MDC.

Something based in the FTL setting, random drawing events from a stack of index cards.

Tales from the Night Shift- wrote this up last night while bored playing DnD. I really, REALLY wanna run this.

A setting of my own creation; a mix of fallout, water world, Phantasy Star, and anything in between. Not sure what system to put this in, though. (Suggestions VERY welcome)

_ANY_ DnD game where I don't enter someone's magical realm, and isn't LOLRANDUMB. Hopefully with an actual plot line.

_ANY_ game that lasts for more then a month so I have to stop making new characters.0

I had a similar story, though it had a better ending
>Finally get to run a Delta Green campaign
>go with a small scenario, investgating a murder in a small town of like 500 some
>we get to character creation
>One player makes a cowboy gunslinger DG agent and says this char is the only reason he'd play DG
>2nd player is a young idealistic irish agent, and 3rd is an asian bookstore owner
>what a crew
>investigate through the town, find out something is weird about the townsfolk, they all seem overly friendly
>ONLY irish agent is roleplaying. Cowboy is figuring his damage rolls out, and Asian is...playing 3ds
>NOT A GOOD START
>Eventually, they break into a hotel room where they find another body, also they first encounter THE WEIRD THING
>destroys Irishs gun and jumps into a bathtub full of blood
>Irish's character freaking out; Cowboy a little startled; Asian completely unfazed
>Eventually, they find the source of the weirdness is IN THE WATER SUPPLY
>GASP FROM COWBOY AND IRISH
>irish goes and tests the water, while cowboy goes to meet the mayor
>water's fucked and completely infected with bizarre alien infection
>mayor is a monsterous glob creature
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA then cowboy blows up the town hall with propane bombs
>police on their way, party goes to pick up Asian
>Asian, hearing dice being rolled for damage, suddenly perks up
>He decides for his like, second action of the game, to talk to the hotel owner
>"HOLY FUCK GUYS, THESE PEOPLE ARE OVERLY FRIENDLY"
>group facepalm
>toss him in the back of the truck and GUN IT FOR THE SOURCE OF THE INFECTION
>they find a warehouse where they encounter fake grey aliens
>first full on gunfight of the game, investigators versus some Mi-Go
>atmosphere completely breaks as Initiative and dice rolls ruin the whole vibe
>Asian is COMPLETELY INVESTED NOW, but unfortunatly put all of his points into non-combat skills

>so he just misses repeatedly
>party kills the mi-go, finds out the infection was a weird living entity, they kill it, which stops the infection
>burn the place down and RUN

Afterwards, I remember thinking it was like, my most failed game ever. When I talked to my players later, Irish said he
had fucking loved it, and so did Cowboy.

Asian didn't really get it, and wanted me to throw more clues at him. He also didn't like how he couldn't just go below 0 San and keep playing his character.
Which is like the biggest red flag in the world.

Yo an FTL game would be hella sick. What kind of system did you have in mind? I would totally play that

Yeah. I just knew a bunch of people playing 4e at the time.

No true system, just a bunch of cards that get pulled out of a deck.

How would the different roles/stats/combat work? This is a neat idea

>Pathfinder #1
Custom setting where the Orcs are the benevolent advanced race that disappeared 60yrs ago, humans are picking up the pieces of orc culture, Dorfs are like the elves from Dragon Age, and elves are going through Le Terreur phase of the French revolution cranked up to 13. 1st Campaign deals with NONE of this history and sends the party on a typical adventure journey to enlist the help of the Legendary Warrior-King of Crail to fight the evil Necro-Sorceror Zargothrax. Then if I ever get to run/finish the campaign the choices the PCs made affect the world and I would run another campaign in the same world, but with a different party (same players) on a different quest... probably something to do with civil wars or finding the Orcs that disappeared
>Shadowrun
As anyone ever read any of the Oregon Files by Clive Cussler and Jack DuBrul They're terrible but I like some of them? That. PCs are a PMC that operates out of technologically advanced ship disguised as a rust-bucket bulk freighter and they have mercenary and pirate adventures
>Insert system here
X-com. With a story and some tweaks to include base-management and technology advancement but basically X-com. I'm still looking for a system to use

You pick up the players at stores like usual, each character sheet was on an index card. Each square was 5', and I was thinking each turn if you were to engage in hand to hand, you roll a single d20 per level of combat experience and deal that much damage. Weapons generally charge within four turns, hopefully combat works fast paced.

It's more of a homebrew system that I never got to playtest and work on, but I did work on the material, at least.

ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Races/Crew_Members was where all the info on the character races were. Pretty much, you pick a race and go. Not sure how to base movement, though.

Run a Mistborn game. Set it during the Final Empire and have the players be the heads of different Great Houses

Oh, I also remember you gained EXP by a single point for each turn you spent working in a room. I wanted the players to move throughout the ship a lot.

>Pathfinder #2
A custom setting where a single omnipotent god created the world and everything in it but then he got angry when the different races and peoples of the world started fighting. He let his anger consume him and started to destroy the world but realized it was his fault too late as his hatred has consumed the world. He splits his power in 2 and the "good" side uses what's left of its' power to resurrect the old world. The evil side destroys it again the good one realizes his power is waning and so he uses it to resurrect the world a second time, but make it so it auto-resurrects when destroyed. He then creates 7 minor demi-gods who are tasked with permanently stopping the evil side and resurrect into mortal bodies with each new incarnation of the world. However they have never been able to stop the destruction and the cycle has now happened for untold billions of years. The power of the demi-gods and the "good" god has waned to the point where the demi-gods resurrect with no memories or knowledge of their purpose or true identity and the god can only watch and record events now as a semi-mythical figure called "the chronicler"

the PCs are each one of the gods and they have to stop the end of the world But they don't know it. They have to discover this gradually and come into their powers while stopping other apocalypse-ish type things that herald the end and each hold a clue to the real threat

I may steal some of this, I never thought about running an FTL game. I think different weapons could charge at different rates, with a percent chance to miss. Maybe find a way to make it real time, using timers/hourglasses

Movement and fires and whatnot would be hard to figure out though

Go right ahead, but if you figure out movement and stuff, somehow let me know. I really wanted to run this, don't let it die.

Could I have your email? If I do something with it I'll send you it

A WoD or really any modern system where the players are new members of a SWAT team and each session is a new situation they would have to work together to clear. After the situation is cleared they would hang out at the local cop bar and shoot the shit.

As they gain experience they would get noticed by higher up and offered positions on more prestigious teams as a group.

If you ever watched The Raid I would love to send them into that as their first mission. Make a bunch of generic SWAT team officers for the group to play and let them drop like flies until the end. The survivors are now the player characters.

[email protected] is a burner email.

Sounds like a pretty cool Mass Effect, I may steal this if it's jiggy.

>X-com. With a story and some tweaks to include base-management and technology advancement but basically X-com. I'm still looking for a system to use

I'd love to run an XCOM game myself (assuming since you said X-com you would run one more based on the classics), set after XCOM2.