Parnatha

Parnatha: light rpg, economic, adventure, dungeoneering city building, god worshipping Minecraft Server.

SERVER IP: s9.hosthorde.com:26011

It's been a week so here goes again.
What's new:

-We have an industrious new merchant guild forming from some players.

-Mountain "Dwarves" (They're not dwarves just humans that live in the mountain exactly like dwarves would) have a steadily strengthening stronghold.

-New Capture Points added

-Over 100 new wilderness camps with crafting and cooking (right click the block below the campfire) available, added.

-Subterranean paths to avoid landroutes and daylight in process.

-3 new Dungeons in progress. Expect some parkour and fun levitation challenges.

>dwarves

So the Stormdorfs migrated then?

Appears to be some sort of schism.

Pretty nice place ya got there.

>-Over 100 new wilderness camps with crafting and cooking (right click the block below the campfire) available, added.
Got any pics of them?

Meanwhile, the threat of war is looming:
Admin said make books. Only one faction has reeds. Faction refuses to sell the reeds. This will only end poorly.

sure ill take some pics :D

gotta fly around and fine them first.

What mods are used to make the graphics so photo-realistic?

Well, since you asked,
This one is shaders,
These two are just a nice texture pack and optifine lighting.

2spooky

Okay, what the fuck does this have to do with tg?

They said they'd do 4craft or /int/craft, zero connection to this.

I'm the leader of the Dwarf Faction on this server, though different from the small Stormdorf faction.
Since Dwarves and other nonhumans do not exist in the lore of this setting, so we're essentially a faction of human dorfaboos.
Our dwarf fortress is coming out pretty well but we could always use more migrants.

is there local IC chat or is it all global?

There's Global and Local (within 100 blocks i believe), type /g or /l in chat to change channels.

oh thanks. I couldn't remember if it was covered in the tutorial. i don't think it was, but I'm not sure

It is VERRRY briefly, but I tried to make it obvious so if you talk and no one can hear you, the sever automatically tells you that you can switch with /g and /l. Let me know if you find anymore bugs, I'm always trying to bugfix and improve.

Are there different races in this server or something cool like that?

So there's no races, everyone is human (we have dorfs, but they're squat mountin minin lovin humans, shhh dont tell marty)

But we DO have custom gods, when worshipped provide you with various boons related to their portfolio, and we're adding more features every day.

This is Tur, the sun god.

Can you tell us more about the gods? Or just a brief rundown of all of them? How do we worship them mechanically?

Worship mechanically is a vast system of command blocks, designed by yours truly.

There are two stats (both hidden) Devotion (god's power) and Faith (Players faith in that god).

First you go to a god's main temple, and pledge yourself to them (you can do this any number of times or change gods, but it resets your faith to 0) Then you donate 30 xp levels and a small item (glowstone dust for Tur) and you raise their devotion and your faith. Devotion goes down by 1 each day, regardless of if anyone's on the server. Faith goes down each day for each player if they are on server.

If a gods devotion is high enough, you get a blessing. If its the HIGHEST, you get a better blessing, each of those blessings are even better than what they are if your faith is high.

Gods so far:

Fully Functional:

- TUR

The solar god, he is a righteous warrior from the red desert, he bestows strength and fortitude upon his followers, but only during the daytime.

- KALANDUUN

The god of hunts and of the storm. He instill his followers with the hunger of the hunt, making them hunt tirelessly, and infusing them with the might and ferocity of the storm.

In Progress:

- MU

The strange eastern wind god. His followers practice mantras of stealth and agility. He does not directly interact with the world often, and prefers to leave his followers to gain their own powers through meditation.

- MITIA

The protecting Moon goddess, she who watches over those that walk in shadow. She bestows helpful and healing power upon her followers and allows them to mend their companions.

- PARN

Isn't a god so much as... nature. The World tree represent's Parn's presence. The followers of Parn, or druids, have very strange abilities. But all of them advocate the protection of nature and natural things.

commonlands

can I suggest a harvest god, or something that someone who, y'know, isn't a fighter would worship. parn is good and all, but not all farmers would like druid powers. I dunno how hard it would be, though. my suggestion if you do implement it is give bonuses to the effectiveness of food, maybe?

Great idea, I had a similar idea myself but its hard to change food effectiveness with commands.

ah. that makes sense. if you want, I can share more Ideas.

What version is this server running?

I cant see why that would be a bad thing, go ahead.

1.9!

Was the world seeded with all these megastructres and towns? Or are you folks just very fast builders?

is there a live map? that would be very useful.

Both!

A lot of users dont want a livemap, gives away your positions.

Pirate friendly? And what factions other than dorfaboos are running?

Are there new player spawns in the commonlands?

Dunno if pirate friendly, im guessing the mojang auth wont let you in though.

Yeah new players are welcome in the commonlands, or you can join or start a faction from the start.

Last time I checked, you could only spawn in 1 of 3 locations, all of them far from the commonlands. I made it without starving to death, but it wasn't a welcoming experience.
This has changed?

What you have to do is join the Commonlands and then use the command /f home to teleport there.
I never went there since I was able to get supplies and a faction ready pretty quick, but without outside help you need to join the Commonlands in order to get basic supplies ready.

Oh, the commonlands portal has always been there, its to the left of the tutorial portal, not one of the beacon beams. And upon landing in the commonlands you receive saturation effect for a while so you don't need to eat.

Good to know I just missed the portal.
Thanks!

>A god's main temple
Are these meant to be found out in the wilderness during exploration, or is there some special place we have to go to?

Well the Solar God Tur has his temple in the Desert City of Tur-Sei... Sie... Sye?

Some are hidden in the wilds, some are in the largest cities on the continent.

I've been interested in playing on these for a while, but I work 40-60 hours a week. If I were to join, I could only get on for maybe 3-10 hours a week. Would this be frowned upon or even allowed? And would anything I accumlate be gone by the time I got back on?

Of course! nothing gets erased, and casual play isnt frowned upon at all! Come play whenever you'd like!

I have to sleep now, but if you bump the thread ill post tomorrow. gnight!

Sweet. I also have to get to bed. I have to be up for work in about 6 hours. I think maybe Ill log in this upcoming weekend when I have some time and check it out.

Thanks.

bibidi-bobidi-bump. it occurs to me that anyone who role-plays a different race is just a crazy person IC, like the dorfaboos.

Dude, this is awesome. My housemates and I started playing recently I may try and get them to found a faction with me

In general, what are the other players like? On a scale of 1-10, how /b/ are they?

Bump!

I havent played mc in a couple years. I was interested in playing but my old account seems to have been stolen. Someone stole it during the account migration thing :/

Bump.