Favorite Obscure Chapters

So, /teej/, what are your favorite obscure chapters and why? Homebrews welcome.

>Guardians of the Covenant
Their color scheme is bangin', for one. I also appreciate their drive to preserve knowledge, and that they're allegedly more dedicated to the common man of the Imperium relative to the Dark Angels.

My Robed Brother!

For me, I'd have to say the Auric Patricians. They have a pretty baller paint scheme and name.

>tfw no Argent Plebians.

I like the 'Sons of Antaeus'.

Pretty Marines

Muh Battle Brother

White Templars. I like the color scheme and I imagine them as stereotypical white knights, riding to the rescue of damsels, slaying dragons in their lairs, and participating in glorious tournaments across the breadth of the Imperium.

Consecrators for life.

I always loved the scheme of the Adulators chapter. I've stolen it for my homebrew which are an Iron Hands successor (I love the IH parts and cyborg aesthetic so much).

I'd love to make these guys into the Adulators as there's no specified Primarch.

But from what I've heard they're super religious and work heaps with the Sisters of Battle - not sure if that'd work for Iron Hands successors.

I've seen you post these guys in heaps of threads, I'm going to paint you one :^)

I usually post Consecrators in these threads, but I'll mix things up and post the White Consuls instead.

Hurray for doing what the Astral Claws did without all the unfortunate heresy! Emperor worship is cool too!

If Huron had just complied with the tithes, he could've kept his little empire intact. The White Consuls understand this.

Also, they're not dicks.

I wish they still had rules and unique units. And an official colorscheme.

But what about the Red Templars?

Never heard of them, I'll need to look them up now. But you know that if a Chapter doesn't have a listed progenitor, you can choose their chapter tactics?

Cool.

These guys have two chapter masters. TWO.

>I also appreciate their drive to preserve knowledge
Why is there an astartes chapter dedicated to that when there is the entire fucking admech also dedicated to that?

Because the AdMech are selfish assholes.

Black Dragons are pretty cool, I mean they're at odds with the Inquisition but they have BONE CLAWS.

Exorcists. The only thing the Inquisition has done right. HERESY!

Celestial Lions

Dies to removal

This. Also Mentors are awesome.

>If Huron had just complied with the tithes, he could've kept his little empire intact.

Except you know Astartes are exempt from tithe and if not for bunch of idiot nobles wanting to shift blame for not paying their tithe and butthurt imbeciles from Fire Hawks chapter who supported them out of petty jealousy Huron would have been a hero, but whatever

>space marines that aren't total asshats
Woah.

All chapters must submit, I believe it's 5% of their geneseed stock to the AdMech for testing and safekeeping, which the Astral Claws didn't do because they where stealing other chapter's geneseed.

Mentors are awesome.

What the Grey Knights should have been.

Not total dickheads?