MTG Proxy Thread

Where to find judge and player fooling proxies/fakes?
Post you're proxies bad or good!
If I see one more idiot telling us to white with a marker on a sticky note I'm going to throttle them.

Pick is people who spend thousands on MTG when they find out people are playing with proxies in tournaments.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5ETqTZsbKI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ov4dJS04waU
gatheringhouse.imgur.com
gatheringhouse.imgur.com/all/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post pics so we can start flinging shit at eachother.

>If I see one more idiot telling us to white with a marker on a sticky note I'm going to throttle them.
Make sure you have the five mana open, then.

Just write with a marker on a sticky note.

Here are a couple I own

I'm planning to a make an alternate art Weapons Trainer for my Standard deck.
I would use this artwork, it's not used in any card that I know of.
But I'm not so sure. It looks kinda weird.

Okay if those are actual fakes, then it's scary. I can't spot something wrong at first glance.

Do you have a real Goblin Guide to compare? Or a red creature card that we could use.

Isn't Goblin Guide supposed to be mythic?

They are

Uh, no.

Weapons trainer has some of the worst stock art ever. I own a foil of it and it makes it look even more puke.

Fuck. I'm gonna crap shoot and say the one on the left is the proxy. You can tell there's a difference with the brightness of specific details in the image.

These look great. Where did you get them?

I was gonna say right... It's too dark

is the right one fake?
the uncommon symbol looks to dark and the words should be more spread apart.

Because I love you.

Funny thing actually, I just pulled two copies of weapons trainer from the same exact pack today. One foil and the other not.

Right's color is weird. I would ask a judge.

>OOW
>Jizzards of the coats

anyone have real goyf vs proxy goyf?
Need to know if it will be okay for FNM.

Villa zheng
Is noticeable cause they are side to side. If you only have the proxy, its not so obvious

These are both real printings. Shows the massive deviation in prints.

Sorry proxy thread.

Thanks, user.
I like the jokes on Wizz.
Still, it's too lowres for me to print it.
Should I just scan my card and paste that art over it?
Do you guys have any method to make those?

I used Magic Set Editor. I could try to alter the dpi or find the high-res template to install, but that's the best I can do for now. MSE's home site removed their high-res package a while ago because they hate fun, so if you want it yourself it might take some looking around.

Mana symbols aren't centered

>"Wizards of the Coast , Inc"

they don't misprint commas that are not supposed to be there.

>post you are proxies
Nigga I'm not a proxy

fuck off then
we're all proxies here

I'll post a whole bunch when I get home. I have a ton of the original stoneman prints.

One I made with transparency method.
The thing is that black thin lines and letter are like fuzzy, not well defined. But it is a printing issue obviously, I cant make cards like wotc.

Where to buy proxies?

I'm wondering now where I can find a good altered art card for a friend? We play casual but he loves some of the $6 altered art cards.

MCM, local stores, Etsy and such

These are actually both cards I pulled myself. Thanks for playing yourself.

Doesn't look too bad.

Do the proxies feel the same as a real card?

Does it pass a light test?

That's not a misprint, there are actually commas in some of the cards. Look up an image of claw of gix for an example.

Wow you are really this stupid.
You think they added them in for shits and giggles? Those are on the original prints you fucking aspie.

Why don't people just get like the borders of their proxies altered. Then if they look odd it's the alter.

There seem to be 2 big names. One uses blue core, one uses black core. Who should I order Goblin Guides/Eidolon of the Great Revel and dual lands from?

Jason Lung: Black core, passes all tests but rip.
Villa Zheng: Blue core, thinner, huge printing mistakes (wrong tap symbols, smears, etc) but a few of the cards are very passable. Most popular fake maker.

I'm on the fence. Why can't they just be perfect?

Give it more time user. They seem to be constantly improving.

Brings more attention to them.

Villa zheng is black core

But how to really judge fakes if most problems can be attributed to alter. Border issues and colors can be put as alter right?

Well then I'll try Jason Lung. In the videos his cards just look super dark: youtube.com/watch?v=l5ETqTZsbKI

youtube.com/watch?v=Ov4dJS04waU

Sometimes I post pictures of real cards and watch people point out asinine shit on how they're obvious fakes

Got this from chink on aliexpress

It's really fun. I'll pick out the worst prints in my legit folder and post them as the "players" on here call out how obvious it is they are fakes.

Looks good besides potato quality.
Who was the seller?

But I need Goblin Guide and dual lands/fetch lands which are not in the "new" set. I'd be buying play sets, not just a deck of random 1 of's.

what the fuck.
When did he get this good?
Does Villa Zheng sell individual cards?

Email him and ask

wowowowowowow
I just emailed him.

I'm not a proxy, but I am behind seven of them.

gatheringhouse.imgur.com

Link not working

The correct link for Jason's imgur gatheringhouse.imgur.com/all/

Kind of on the fence about who to order from.

Wow. Every one of his cards has a comma before "Inc".

I'll be buying from Zhong.

>Gathering house has AV
Just what i need besides baby jace for my grixisfag control

Email?

Zheng sent me current info...
Look at this lands parentheses... Lol.
You'd think they would pay more attention. Also every card has a comma before "Inc" haha.

Why are they so fucking stupid.

They are not stupid. They do proxy. Not counterfeits. Do you understand what I'm saying?

So, you're a retard, got it. Everything on that proxy matches to an actual Guildpact Stomping Ground.

2/10 got me to reply.

He has side by side pics. His are way too dark to even come close. Here is an example and its not even the worst.

You can easily get away with that considering Wizards' shit quality control. I have legit cards that are more off than that, and I do know they're legit because no one would print counterfeits for 10 cent cards.

>Using real cards as bait

I believe all the proxy cards a darker than the originals
Sadly I don't think they can figure out how to fix it. .

So then any card that looks darker should be a huge red flag to act player that the card is a fake.

Guess it's all for nothing. Zhengs greedy now too. 3.45 per card.

Now they're good quality but shit for $3.45 a proxy I can just print it on cardstock and put it in a sleeve.

I'm not going to tournaments with any of this shit.

Yeah, but I am.
I'll just use it for extremely expensive cards.

Like i've been warning you faggots for the past 6 months or so. It's all only cardboard and this chinaman is slowly but sure working towards perfection.
Then when that happens they will be made by the thousands and create new supply and you faggots who having been hoarding 1400 copies of a rare or uncommon to drive up the price will have "muh investments!" shattered.
Thats IF the game survives 600$ standard decks that rotate in 1 year anyway. Modern is officially dead to wizard as they arent even covering it any more. Who knows how long until commander decks are axed.

This is a dying game and there is legitimate problems with it when modern costs about as much as an entire months worth of rent money for a 3+ bedroom apartment.

I have figured this shit out in less than 2 years playing....

Wizards: Reprint rare mythic and uncommon cards and sell the playsets for 5-10$ per set.

Uh. Everyone in this thread knows that. That's why we use fakes.

This is basically the truth.

That said, if the proxy makers actually got proper printing equipment they would have made 100% undetectable proxies already. But they haven't, cos they either can't afford to buy one, or can't get access to proper printing equipment.

If you could get original printers/equipment from the 1990s (how hard can it be, they must have made millions of em) you would have 100% perfect "proxies".

Id assume that's how these cards are being made already?

Sorry to burst your bubble but every corporation has a comma before Inc. in their legal names, DBA's, and trade-names. It's this new thing called grammar.

Or they sell them for their secondary market price because they're not stupid, and they also sell all the experimental print runs as "proxies" because they're cunning on top of crafty.

We were never getting 100% undetectable $200 cards for $4.

On an unrelated note to this thread
How the fuck do you deal with that in an 1v1 scenario?

ask him "are these fakes bro?" and if he says yes, just keep playing and stop being such a fucking cunt.

if he says no just fight him there on the spot, allah will grant victory to whoever is right.

Golgari Charm, Mutilate, Killing Wave, Black Sun's Zenith, etc
Anything that doesn't target and doesn't damage.

What said.

Any forced sacrifice(edict effects) cards and cards that choose "targets" without actually literally mentioning the word target as a keyword in its abilities like Council's Judgement.

This makes sense. If they could make 100% convincing fakes, they wouldn't sell those for four bucks but for the full price on the secondary market - hell, it might already be happening, we wouldn't have a way to tell. Anyway, there is no incentive for them to ever make 'perfect' proxies.

Its not that, they could the equipment, but each machine of Offset printing (that is the method) prints different from each other. that's why there will never be perfect copies. but they sure can try manipulating the cuantity of ink they use to make the colors more like the real ones. just that is too hard and costy. i know because i work on offset printing