Satyrs/Satyresses

In this thread we discuss goat folk. How can they be used most effectively on a setting? As an antagonistic/barbarous race or as some sort of wood elf, forest creature analogue? Both seem to be correct from their appearance on mythology.

also post pictures of hoofed qts.

They do make good wood elf stand ins, and total elf replacements

Any tips on how to make a reformed Satyr? By reformed I mean he got tired of the partying life and decided to follow a less hedonistic path. I was thinking of him trying to become a priest or something but I feel like I'm making him into a special snowflake.

Yeah m8 i do believe elves are kinda overdone in fiction, so i was thinking about making a setting with other mythical beings, satyrs, centaurs, harpies etc...

Same for dorfs and orcs and all the other clichée fantasy races.

Just make him a carpenter or general laborer.

So you're making Theros?

Or a monk.

Nahh not sure if i want to go with the Graeco-Roman aesthetic, i was thinking of a more central asia/silk road themed setting, which is from where myths of strange ccreatures like centaurs, manticores and griffins came to the greeks on the first place

pic related.

Satyrs were generally some sort of nature spirit, known mainly for their music, dance, and partying. Goats tend to be independent and curious creatures, able to get just about anywhere and get into anything. There's a number of different ways you could take it.

They could be reclusive forest dwellers, expert trackers and experts at hiding where they live. Few see them or know much about them, but most people living nearby understand that they protect their forests and don't try to anger them.

They could be tricksters, thieves, and scoundrels, never ones to keep their hands to themselves and will occasionally "borrow" belongings of others... especially those who annoy them.

They could be wandering gypsies, traveling in large troupes who engage in music, dance, revelry, and festivities in any town they come to.

They could be explorers, wanderers, and people who just don't know when to avoid sticking their noses into dangerous places.

They could be willing to live in the strangest or remote parts of the world, climbing up and living off the land on cliff faces or frozen tundra, where most others would not even consider visiting.

They could be all the above. Nothing stops a species from being limited to a single stereotype, after all.

Hmm those are certainly some interesting prospects, i must confess i like the gypsy prospect the most, having them as travelling caravans through forest, tundra and steppe seems interesting.

We had them in a campaign setting awhile back. They had their own country and were known for agriculture and food exports. Some of the best farmers in the land and known for having outrageous seasonal festivals. One of the other players ended up playing as one that had previously been part of the city guard in a border trade city. They were treated as more civilized and industrious than elves but still kept their ties with nature by working the land and growing crops and animals.

Ahh so kinda like halflings/tolkenian hobbits? That's an interesting way of using them.

>also post pictures of hoofed qts.

You have no idea what you have summoned.

Aaaaand boner.

Not really. Satyrs are like the exact opposite of elves, actually.

How so?

Mmmm yes this is bery gud

How come? They are if anything, very similar to wood elves in some aspects, if anything, they're a more "wild" or "barbarian" version of wood elves.

Do you hunt? Do you larp or do historic recreation?

I accidentally fell int this whole kink. If you are at least somewhat athletic, have good woodmanship and get a good medieval hunting costume together, these girls come out of the woodwork.

They LIKE being hunted.

Are you having faun?

Now I am wanting some cute lewds of Satyr/Faun girls.

Elves are more often than not defined by being reserved and elegant creatures, even when living in trees.

Satyrs are literal rapists. Like, all they do is lure shepherds away from civilization and rape them whenever they're not just raping nymphs. The pan flute was the original rape whistle for fucks sake, except instead of alerting others that a rape was occurring, it was to give the rapee a head start on running away from the rapist

>I have nothing to contribute and I am a faggot

Stay salty.

>hating based clownbro

...how is he blogging? He is dumping related and requested pics.

Quit being a fag.

He's just trying to look cool, but we all know he's saving every pic.

Are you naturally a faggot, or do you need to go to a school to learn such faggotry?

You're going to make me ask for the source for that, aren't you?

A picture for ants?

>dem eyes

Moar?

Mmmmyes!

Mmmmyeeeeeeees!

You can either contribute with nice setting ideas for satyrs or horned qts, i requested both y'know, now quit being a salty prick.

True, hence why i said a more barbarous version of wood elves, they both are associated with nature and the woods and the protection of certain natural landscapes. Besides, its not always that wood elves are portrayed in a positive light either (Take ESO as an example, where they are literally bloodthirsty, cannibalistic savages).

However, i myself am tempted to portray the satyrs on a more positive way, as in lecherous, mischievous and fond of Bacchanals, yet not violent rapists and barbarians. i like the earlier user's suggestion of them living like gypsis on wandering caravans and bringing down the party and ruckus to whenever they go.

Did that motherfucker report Gropes for an OBVIOUSLY blue board safe pic?

What a faggot.

I'd make him a merchant who's all business. Will gladly enjoy a drink or two, but only if it'll help set the tone for negotiations and will make sure to only get cheap stuff for himself. Then again, I have a hard on for Spice and Wolf and end up making have my characters into Lawrence.

Well, apparently, my specifically work-safe edit was reported by (who appears to have deleted his post) and got me a 15 minute ban.

So i'll post the real version on /s/ later

Huh. Sorry.

Can do. Two more .gifs of that one.

2/3

Joke's on him. More fauns incomming

3/3

Sweet

10/10, would definately be lured to the forest to be raped by.

>Not hunting her down, and giving her your spear.
>Your spear is your penis

I suppose I'll dump some non-cute too

I've decided that there's not enough beef in this thread.

Sorry user.

No problem, man

>saving pictures of 3DPD hipster camwhores
Not all of us have no taste

I don't see you contributing anything

Here I am talking shit and forgetting to contribute myself.

>gypsies
>not the scum of the earth
I'd kill every satyr I came across in your setting

Something a little different now.

I am sorry that you are so butthurt by me that you can't just enjoy the dump.

Maybe you would like to actually... Contribute?

>Muh 2d waifus

Its obvious you have no taste. Most of us actually like Gropey.

Show him up by actually contributing, if you must.

>muh 3D scene girls

>Thats correct.
>Its great being able to actually indulge in my kink IRL

I take it you're not FAUNd of this thread

Now im just sure you have no idea what the word means...

Just for curiosity, who's that cosplayer? Ohh for research purposes of course...

Careful lad, you might cut yourself with all that edge!

I guess fauns don't make him horny.

Aren't gypsies mainly disliked for thieving, or something? While them having the traveling lifestyle works, I can't really imagine satyrs giving enough of a shit to steal anything, except maybe some food and alcohol.

>fawn girls

I woke up at the right time~.

I notice shitpostanon is having his posts deleted.
What a faggot.

Not him, but these faun ladies have made me horny.

I cannot decide whether to hate or love you. One one hand, sexy faun ladies. On the other, you've made me horny.

Yeah i don't really think they'd be thieving on this setting, they'd be more like wandering artist troupes, going from town to town bringing their music and spectacle

No clue. Try google reverse image search.

Gypsies are to Roma as Niggers are to black people. The worst of every stereotype of the race turned up to eleven. They do exist, and we are ashamed of them.

I thought Gypsy was a colloquial way to refer to the Roma? Again, i dont know many of the people so i can't say for sure.

>They do exist, and we are ashamed of them.
So they're you?
>yet another shitty namefag
Joy

(Me)

Im just in time for the butthurt, I see.
So what happened? Daddy not use enough lube? Mom block reddit and tumblr?

>(Me)

Hey, this isn't faun pics, it's just some pathetic attempt at an argument. Well I never!

>I can't really imagine satyrs giving enough of a shit to steal anything
Because booze, properly treated leather for pan flutes, and anal virginities just grow on trees, right?

Dryads