The headmaster?

Does anyone know if there has been any word from the guy who played the headmaster last night?

Nope but he will probably be on later in the day we need patience.

Monitoring thread. Whenever anything like this crops up I always seem to miss the conclusion.

Hope he enjoyed his milfs.

Post the rest?

Yeah, was pretty bummed that it ended the way it did. I'm still calling plot armor bullshit, but that's me.

number 4

Last one, Ill link the archives aswell.

Why don't we just discus tactics he can use against the BBEG till he gets here anons?

Well the DM can't let them win that easily but I do think the Death Knight should have been weakened more by the OP's attacks so he'd have to withdraw and so the party could reunite and hunt him down.

I wouldn't bother, judging by the GM it will be decided by *insert plot device here*

I understand the BBEG has to be tough, and I'm all for a challenging fight and friends(and my character)dying. However, I think the DM might of went overboard by making the Death/Daddy Knight too powerful (can only be killed by a god, what is that bullshit?). I believe that if it bleeds, we can kill it.

I think he said in the first thread that the Death Knight could only be killed by a god or some shit so there's the plot device right there for you.

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures:
>Time to become the mournful Dragon-God of Wrath and slay the goddamn Death Knight.
As far as I've seen, the DM isn't too far gone that he's just gonna hand his girlfriend the city via DM-fiat.
So if she wants that city, she's gonna have to fight for it.
Let it all burn. Everyone deserving mercy has already left.

Plus, having a character ascend to godhood through the indiscriminate slaughter of evil is pretty cool. And it fits with Headmaster's theme of being willing to resort to cruel means for the greater good.

Well, crazy elf is dead. Daddy dearest had her frozen head hanging off his belt, and than by the sounds of it he killed Headmaster's character and ate his soul.

GF's elf is dead already I think, so's the Headmaster.

Sure, so lets get started with what we know then.
1)He can break down a wall and rip off a gate with his hands (standard BBEG shit)
2) Sliced through a force cage so he's probs got a disintegrate sword or something similar.
3) Was injured by but not killed by the explosion the headmaster used as his plan B
4) At one point his slam choked a ghost and then ate that shit.

Too bad he died because if he succeeded with his Old Man Henderson inspired plan of bringing the building down on the BBEG he would have gone down in legend for once again completely fucking the plot.

Uh. I think you may be right. Too bad the post isn't very detailed.
That said, I wonder where the Dm is going with this. Maybe the cleric is going to call his god or something?

Hell, I thought the explosives would of done more damage and maybe send the Daddy Dearest skittering away to lick his wounds, giving our hero time to recover and gather his allies to wipe that bastard out of existence. God dam I'm starting to get pissy again.

>He didn't get a chance to become a proper dragon

And we still have the sorcerer,the cleric,the OP's student and some Paladins left so out of that group who can effectively be able to hurt him?

I know, right?
It's like the DM doesn't know what he's doing! Why would he give such an awesome opportunity to kill someone next?

Paladin airdrop? Might be a stretch but paladins are basically proxies for their gods right?

Whats the limit on blessing things in 3.5 guys? Would it be possible to bless some acid and/or explosives

It should work probably but you gotta remember the DM has used plot armor bullshit before and will probably use it again to the big Daddy from dying too early.

He probably gave the OP a chance to get away but being the badass that he was he fought to the end instead.

As a DM, I can't help but feel that this could have been handled otherwise. The Death Knight could have captured the headmaster to show him how pathetic his efforts were, then be surprised by "Suddenly Dragon!!!".
I know it's like gloating and shit, but throwing a perfectly awesome plothook like that is not an option.

Well the OP blew up himself in the end he detonated the school while he and the Death Daddy were in it to take it out so it might have just been the OP wanting his character to die so he could start again with his student character.

I think he's idea was "I'm going to blow everything up and you're coming with me".

So what was the purpose of the BBEG eating a ghost?

He could create a new character lawful good with the the backtstory of being a student seeking to end the evil that destroyed his home. The modivation would be to free the headmasters soul and lay him to proper rest.

My thought is that it was used to show his power over the undead or something like that.

The nuke worked it did hurt the bbeg and now he can power game a better character to enact vengeance.

I believe he was showing "Hey, Headmaster you died and became a ghost, and now Daddy is going to eat you and there's nothing you can do about it ".

Yeah he has a level 1 magic wielder student that he's gonna use as his back up.

Headmaster died, why do you think he went to jack off to Asian milfs (except you know, the usual reason).

Did he end up eating his ghost?

I know he died hence why i said power game a character i meant a new one. Though i do agree with the asian milfs part.

I believe that's what he meant from "KNIGHT JUST CHOKESLAMMED A GHOST WITH HIS BARE HANDS AND ATE HIM" (I'm quoting) and "Guys I need to step out, I need to relax a bit, do what you want with the thread, don't care. I need to watch some asian milfs. captcha juice".

Shit, didn't see the new character part. Sorry about that.

Awwww sheit. Well I guess he isn't coming back as a helpful ghost any time soon.

But he can come back once the death knight is defeated and all the souls are released as a "good job I am proud of you" to his student.

I wonder when the Headmaster will come back? How many asian milfs can one man handle?

In the process of writefagging a bit the final encounter.
Except some liberties being taken.

I wonder if they'll do the same for the elf bitch too

Thanks for doing it. I was worried we'd just be left with the screencaps

Thank you writefag, you do us proud.

You're a gem, Headmaster

Post in thread when done

What better to take down a that girl that an army of that guys, op came to the right place.

I can see them coming. Numerous... no, even more than that. They want my city, my life and everything I've built.
I look to the side. I can see everybody walking around going about their daily lives, innocent and unaware of the danger. They don't see the impending doom, and maybe it's better that way... A wrenching pain in my hand distracts me from my day-dreaming, and I'm back in the bleak present.
I have bright scales all over my body, and fierce-looking claws are piercing my fingertips. Clouds of dusts are rising over the empty streets as the invaders are getting cut by my traps. I wish for an end to all this meaningless suffering, but no-one will answer. I only have myself to blame for what's happening, and it will fortunately end here. This city is being put down by the invader, the unworthy bastard and the cruel brute... I look back to everything I've built and I see it all going up in flames.
An explosion rocks the central square where I used to go buy my groceries. Oh well, it's not like I'm gonna need these anymore. The smoke is rising through the air, and cinder is slowly covering the ground. But what gets my attention is the cold, the terrible cold. As my anger rises and my opponent arrives to the gates of the school, I can already see the snowflakes piercing through the clouds. I can't tell if the source of the cold is the snow or the foe in front of me. On his hip I see the head of the instigator, the damned traitress. Even with this fate, I can still feel my cold hatred seeping through my pores. Her face speaks of the suffering she must have endured, yet she will get no sympathy from you...
>What's left, now?
Cont.

>What's left, now?
He is grinning, the defiance of a being promised immortality and absolute power. His pristine armor hasn't even been scratched by the combats he has endured. His entire body radiates pride, burning with the confidence of the one who has never been refused anything, and could get away with everything. Even his question stings, seething of cruelty.
You look at your hands. You look at the wasteland around you. Then you look at him. Your hatred is back, stronger than ever and you won't let anything get in your way. Before you body gives way to the icy permafrost, you can hear yourself muttering onee thing...
>Only death, I suppose.

Alternate ending inbound.

Pretty decent so far you may continue.

I like the personal touch and first person, but could you pleaseg give details on the actual game too? We're all dying to know what tactics, spells, and other mechanical bullshit you pulled off during the siege and final showdown. And how were things with the GM and girl after the game?

Dude, I'm not Headmaster, just saying.

user I don't think he's the Headmaster I think he's just writing up the story.

I just like the think some near immortal necromancer who hadn't been threatened in a thousand years by any foe. Was wounded by some wizard in a backwater town, that he was reminded he could bleed. No matter what that dm does his bbeg was hurt by a sleep deprived mutating wizard against all odds.

Wow, I guess I'm retarded then.

Don't worry user, I still love you

I made the same mistake. Either its not a hard one to make, or I have some demons to deal with.

To keep discussion going while we wait, how would you feel if you learned one of your players got advice online on how he should play?

Defence planning was a lot of fun and it made sense since he thought he was going to be fucked by GM bullshit, but I'm not sure if I'd be annoyed or not if I had a player go to a hivemind of gaming nerds to help him perfect a strategy.

Well the DM was being a dick and the OP had the odds against him so I think in this case we were in the right.

I dunno. It isn't much different than if the player had researched historical sieges on his own.

Plus in this case there was a strong concern for DM fiat, so its more justified.

All things considered, the GM ran everything rather fairly until the Death Knight walked through everything

Honestly as a dm i wouldn't mind, as another player i would be pissed. My dm stuff holds up pretty well but it gives op a one up over the other players.

I agree, the GM was being quite fair until the Death Knight, and than I start to Rabble, rabble, rabble, etc.

Well the player didn't know what to do or if anyone would help him so he had to go somewhere for help. Besides the story would have suffered if the OP just let that elf bitch walk all over him.

Yeah. The Death Knight was set up as an unstoppable BBEG type though. The only thing that was really egregious was him slicing through the Force cage.

I agree in this situation but it gives a player a huge amount of advantage over others. Having many nerds helping devise a plan trumps your average player, it was only countered here because she had the dms help.

Headmaster here.

Wrote down in advance what happened from the moment I nuked the knight. Posting now

I'm not very good with writing, I limited myself to explaing what happened. Sorry for have keeping you waiting.

He has returned!

My last gambit was able to damage the Death Knight, just a little bit or ,to quote the dm, like a very bad sunburn.
The Death Knight took what remained of the elven army and went back to his realm.

The refugees with my students and Cleric managed to saw the explosion from the river. They arrived into the biggest city of the realm and started preparations for an expedition.

Other students arrive to help with the refugees, even the one who became the matriarch of her noble family, and start calling the 5 who stayed with me during the siege “The Hand of the Headmaster”.

Cleric tells everything, even my transformation to his superiors and they are not happy. They try to underplay my role in the matter, giving credit to cleric and their paladins. The party is not pleased and neither the refugees or the students.

Cleric resurrected the student that got nailed to the siege machine. She doesn’t talk anymore, just staring in to the void and has breakdowns if someone touches her. Her family put her in an asylum.

You beautiful bastard, this has been a wild ride thanks for letting us on it.

Party, the HotH go back to the city to see what happened.

The city is in ruins, the walls that resisted the siege have melted and their stonework is black now. The Slums are still up, infested with ghosts from the battle and traps.

They go directly to the where the school was standing, the only place without ghosts. Nothing but white ashes, they even can’t tell the difference between my ashes and the one from the building. Cleric builds a small ashpit, like the ones in the dunmer ancestral tombs, because he knows that I love morrowind. The students fill a little urn to bring it back with them.

On the way of the return they find near the border the headless corpse of the elf, purple and black scales growing on her back, with little stumps that were becoming wings. I’m a bit pissed that she got better colors than me . Party leaves her there.

>to quote the dm, like a very bad sunburn.
Wait what.

Plot armor.

Sounds like the dm is over hyping his bbeg, it's just bad dming.

Back in the city the student-Matriarch paid for a little mausoleum where to put the urn. No funeral, because there is much stuff to do.

Students during the day help with the refugees, the night go to mine mausoleum to spend time together . They talk about the fact that they are scared of the future, but also that also filled with determination and the will to change the world.
GM gave me some snip bits about some of the most peculiar students.

The HotH have problems to coping with what they saw during the siege. They have nightmares and ugly thoughts in their heads, but also think that they are going to be fine.

Head student talks with the urn and tell me that he is going to be the man that I never was, doing the right things in the right way. He also told the urn that he banged the matriarch in my office when I was out adventuring.

The Criminal leader who helped during the siege enters the maosulem, scaring the shit out of my students. He shows them a new tattoo he just got, a set of blue dragon scales on his left forearm. Then he leaves them some alcoholics before leaving. They get plastered and go home.

Student-matriarch waits until everyone is out to talk to me, in the same way the Head Student did. She tells me that she started rebuilding my network of contacts and spies, expanding her influence little by little. She also thanks me for helping her realizing that she was not only a bargaining chip to be married away for her family and, that from now on, she will be the one in control.

Alternate ending coming, had to be held back because of eatings and socialings.

>He also told the urn that he banged the matriarch in my office when I was out adventuring.
Head Student is pretty great.

Despite the efforts of the Church, paladins and warriors in search of retribution started doing pilgrimages to my last stand, fighting with the ghost of the city in order to bathe their weapons in the ashpit.

The party wants to bring down the Death Knight and has started to planning their next move.

Elf’s player started creating a new character and is smiling a lot. I think she enjoyed her character death more than me.

Now I'm writing the little bits I got about my students, give me a few minutes

>alchemical nuke causes bad sunburn
>cleric unintentionally undoes your legacy
Okay, I'm kind of mad.
Like really, if your player went to that much trouble at least make it seem like it had some effect. Even if he isn't mechanically weakened a noticeable scar or mark would be much more satisfying.

This however is pretty good. Great character development when the GM isn't jacking it to his super cool edgy bad guy.

Oh shit this sounds like Verdun or Vimy ridge.

YEEEES based Headmaster we love you and your stories

I'm also pretty mad about that. Happy about the character development, but it sounds like the DM is trying to drag your character through the mud for the crazy elf bitch (am I the only one hearing whipping noises) and that makes me mad.

I'm glad he at least got to keep some of his legacy. I'll bet the church will switch to acknowledging his role and just ignoring that pesky half-dragon detail instead.

All the other players know the truth though and thats what matters. This dm was stupid to miss out on all the plot and cool shit this could have created.

We were right guys. She was becoming a dragon

It sort of stands for the fact that even a half dragon could redeem themselves.

Yeah I know, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Here are the peculiar students bits

>>Headstudent, Sorcerer lv 2. Lawful Good.

You all know him, my head student. He was the son of a prostitute and a sailor and raised from clerics. Managed to get a scholarship for my school and to be top student. Wants to go and change the world.

>>Student 2, Expert 1/ Fighter 1, True Neutral

Heir to a Merchant family, she has done her part on the walls with a rifle and a bayonet. She got a few scars, and she is good with numbers (skill focus – profession accountant). She wants to work as a mercenary, and has developed a taste for violence.

I like your sorcerors backstory it makes for a good anti edge character.

>>Student 3 , Aristocrat 1/Expert 1 Neutral Evil

The former prankster fo the school, the middle child of a Noble. The siege destroyed his humor. He helped the alchemists and the drugmakers creating the alchemical weapons and explosive and now he wants to study the craft, but his family wants to ride the moment and enlisted him in the army.

>>Student 4, (or the One who got Nailed) Expert 2, Chaotic Good
She is in the Asylum now, I don’t know if she will ever recover. She is a mundane healer and knows herbs and stuff.

>>Student 5 Expert 1/ Rogue 1 True Neutral
He was the one who was tasked in moving the supplies to the safe zones , now is helping with the security of the Refugees. Learned a bit from the Criminal Leader, but want to use his expertise for helping people, not robbing them. He doesn’t know if he should become a guard or study to become an expert in protecting houses and towns.

Last, not least, the Matriarch

>> Matriarch Aristocrat 1 / Rogue 1 Lawful Evil

She is the daughter of an important noble family. Her brother was the head of the family and arranged a wedding with another noble. When he refused to listen to her and send supplies for the siege, She poisoned him and took control of the family.

She is now rebuilding my network of spies and expanding her influence little by little. She has plans to became a power player in the political scene.

What do you as a player plan to do now? What sort of character will you want to play next? Somebody connected to this entire thing, or an entirely new character completely seperate from it all?

I love hearing about the aftermath and how your students are carrying on, but after you're done can you provide any more details on the siege itself? We only got snippets as you were playing and that was the big thing we were all putting our hopes and dreams into.

Oh, and seconding

OP how were the milfs?

Don't know yet. I would like to play as one of the refugees, or as one af my students.

I was also thinking to play as an rebel elf from the Death Knight lands, who wants to overthrow the tyrant

That was my fault. The siege was pretty intense to fight, not only for the battles, but for directing the city and it's resources. So much stuff happened.

The battles were the parts were I was able to cut loose, just blowing shit up and gassing elves.

Also I didn't give enough credit to the Criminal Leader and the Veteran Soldier who helped me led the troops. Those dudes were great

What you would like to know?

Everything. Also, how many elves were lost in total?

And how many of your own forces did you lose?