Have you ever made your players cry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8btizloyiak
youtube.com/watch?v=KBx1Q3DEyDY
1d4chan.org/wiki/Britbongsteros#The_Purple_Penguin
youtube.com/watch?v=VUGlC8WOQt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, it was raining.

Yeah i killed a beloved npc off in a really dramatic way while playing youtu.be/8btizloyiak

He and another player ganged up on me and I shed angry tears. They acted like it was in good fun, but I was hurt.

Does it need to be during a game to count?

Once when during a Zombie Post-apocalypse game. We were in a Church with several NPC's that was suddenly attack by bandits. After we dealt with the bandit attack, the only NPC left alive was an orphan 9 year old boy who witnessed this slaughter. He liked us though and a couple of our players (who were sort of a thing at the time) took the role of the boy's parents. After leaving the Church for a supposed settlement we spent a lot of time planning on how to keep the child safe from zombies and such, and to teach him how to defend himself. This went on for a session or two when while the party was walking through the forest we were attacked by a pack of wolves. The boy ended up running away from the party to hide and after we killed the wolves we had to search for him. What we found however wasn't expected. The boy had been attack by another wolf and had his intestines ripped out while the wolf was trying to eat him. We were horrified to learn that he was still alive, which brought the weight of the loss even harder down onto us, because we would have to mercy kill him to stop his suffering and so he wouldn't turn into a zombie. Just before the player that took the role of the boy's mother, the boy looked up with watery eyes and said "...mom...is that you? I'm so cold....". After the execution we had to cut the session short because everyone was crying, especially the the two "parents" and even the DM. Fucker even played a version of this song during the boy's last moments (which in context made us all fucking cry more).

youtube.com/watch?v=KBx1Q3DEyDY

With laughter, sure.

I think our DM made us cry maybe four or five times in one particular set of adventures.

It's amazing what you can do with one small purple toy penguin.

Story time?

Well seeing as you asked user.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Britbongsteros#The_Purple_Penguin

Yes. I hid all the coasters

I cried at the end of a year long campaign when my character got his well deserved happy ending.

yes, I ran a survival horror/murder mystery game about a witch hunt in a very small village of about 70 people all PCs were required to have grown up there, and with the exception of the visiting inquisitor all the characters where people they've know for years. it ended very well, and with lots of crying to boot!

I assumed the Inquisitor put the entire town to the sword, just to be safe? Is that why the players cried?

No, but my players have made me cry.

I think many dms have that experience

I got such a huge boner reading this. Sorry no offense to your story it's a good story but I just wanted to say my reaction to it.

Yes twice, the first time I followed through on a logical conclusion and killed the flumph they adopted about 5 minutes after they adopted it (I mean for crying out loud, you're bringing him into a town known for hunting and slaughtering aberrants, what did you think happen). It was pretty much just the girl player who did the adopting who cried.

The second time, I was describing a pretty heartbreaking funeral of the thousands of people who died from the BBEG's plans because the party fucked up hard. That one got the whole party, even the guys had misty eyes.

I was playing this at the time (at a lower volume to hide the MIDI)
youtube.com/watch?v=VUGlC8WOQt0

the ads are getting smarter

I appreciate your post.