A Certain Academic City Quest II Ep 61

Welcome to Academy City. The time is now afternoon, the weather is mild, and the date is February 14.

You are Kyril Torikov, Level 3 telekinetic superhero and you were in great pain. Most of that was due to the injuries you had sustained while surviving a bombing the day before. Teacher’s painkiller was great, up until he took it away to slap down a Magic God. For now, you were splayed on a couch in your little office in School District 10. Kyouko was sleeping the other couch, Asuka hovering over her. The rest of the Problem Children were scattered about the room. They, along with Touma and Princess Carissa, were watching as Nayuta and Kaoru tended to you. Your arms lay on the coffee table, momentarily detached so that Nayuta could bandage your body back in to shape. It was more like a plaster cast when it set but you weren’t in a state to question anything at the moment.

Your mind hadn’t been idle in the mean time however. Call it a gut feeling but you felt the business with the Magic God was far from over. Teacher had yet to come back, as had the dog was supposedly Nayuta’s uncle. Their continued absence hung over the assembly like a pall. Every so often, Touma and the Princess would whisper fiercely at each other. You would have thought they were awkwardly flirting with the other but Kaoru seemed to know what they were on about. Nayuta was putting the finishing touches on her dressings and was again telling you to take the rest of the day off and to take it easy. By the desk, Sagara and Kyousuke had started going through a few papers and making calls to the local thugs for some clean up.

When you were up for talking you,
>Asked what Touma was up to
>Decided to take the day off
>Tried to wake up Kyouko

Info: pastebin.com/x6GsFVTj

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BoredofDirector
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Tried to wake up Kyouko

aw i've missed this and i think i missed a thread on us finally getting the damn slumlord back.
>Decided to take the day off
>Tried to wake up Kyouko
go wake up the slumlord and harrass her, then go take the rest of the day off.

> It was more like a plaster cast when it set

the Kyril in his natural state, a body cast

ok i laughed.
i swear though, between kyril and touma they both carry literally all the bad luck in academy city, and thats why everyone else tends to do well.
seriously its to the point its not just supernatural, but code M should naturally be drawn to them because the 2 of them existing in the same area singlehandedly bends reality all over the city to fit this natural violation of the laws of the universe.

Touma has the benefit of his actions not being decided by anons

>implying thats any better
he also has to put up with an extremely assmad othinus who never went through NT9 with him.
his big luck is that she got her powers highjacked by ollerus going full blown nutters.

Why are we getting bandaged when we only had internal organ damage

The first thing you did once you were rearmed was to try and wake up Kyouko. It started with some gentle nudging. Kyouko woke up with a start after a particularly loud slap.

“Ah fuck!” she exclaimed, “Whazzat? Who’m gun kill y’all.”

Then her sights settled on you.

“Wakey, wakey sleepyhead,” you greeted.

“Pops.” She looked around. “I had the weirdest dream ever.”

“Tell me about it.”

“Welcome back to reality Wanko-chan,” Asuka greeted.

“Great, just when I thought I was done with ya,” Kyouko said, “Ya just had to bring me back huh? What’d I miss?”

“A month or so,” you replied.

“Making Valentine’s Day chocolates,” Asuka answered.

She looked between the two of you.

“I missed Valentine’s Day?”

The boys laughed at her decision to focus on the holiday.

“Well she has her priorities straight,” Nayuta remarked.

“Oi, Pops what’s with the chibi-PMS?” Kyouko pointed at your boss, “Or that Code M over there.”

Her attention was focused on Princess Carissa now.

“Her Royal Highness had deigned to lend her assistance in rescuing you,” Asuka informed, “Believe it or not, she was instrumental in your return.”

“Eh, as long as it doesn’t become a habit or nothing.” Kyouko shrugged. “I hope you didn’t burn down the district while I was gone.”

“We were pretty close,” Sagara answered, “We managed to carve out a little slice, make sure that your rules were followed you know? The District might breathe easier now that the Slumlord’s back.”

“Yeah, I’ll be glad I don’t have to do your paperwork anymore,” Kyousuke added.

“Isn’t that what I paid you for?” the Slumlord in question asked.

“Oh, right.”

“As much as I would like to catch up with you Kyouko-san,” Kaoru interrupted, “We still have a Magic God to contain.”

“Right then.” Kyouko nodded. “And what about Pops?”

Kaoru, Princess Carissa, and Touma were preparing to leave. They obviously were going to try and track down the Magic God.

>You were going with them
>Stay here and take it easy

What are our injuries and how much do they lower our combat effectiveness?

sadly, his body is fucked atm.

You can walk around now but like Nayuta, and Heaven Canceller last thread, had advised, take it easy.

Tell Kaoru to call us immediately if backup is needed

>>Stay here and take it easy
do this, we can't do shit when we can't fight worth shit.
the faster we get back to being able to shoot shit and pimpslapping bitches, the faster we can go back to putting AC under control and kicking retarded ass directors who get uppity.

>be an officer of the law
>2 days from retirement
>"Wanna fight magic god?"

nice try bored but I've seen too many movies to fall for that.

oh crap we are basically that guy arn't we?

Don't worry we'll be fine until we become a mentor figure for the new verdict. Then we'll die and new verdict will avenge us.

slow thread today

“Me? I’m staying right here,” you told her, “I’ve had enough action for one day.”

The Code M and Touma filed out.

“That’s a good nii-chan,” Nayuta started.

Nayuta reached in to her backpack and produced a small gift-wrapped box. She handed it to you.

“If you’re good you’ll get more than giri choco next year,” she continued.

Patting your head once, your boss then skipped out of the room.

“Wait I thought I missed Valentine’s Day,” Kyouko said.

“Oh, did I say that?” Asuka asked, “I never said you did. In fact, Valentine’s Day is today.”

“Aw crap.”

Kyouko got up from the couch and started searching her person for something.

“Ah hah, I knew that this emergency stash was totally worth it.” She produced a small mushed toffee wrapper. “Here Pops.”

“Er, thanks.”

You accepted the half solid lump that she handed you. Apparently it was an almond coated in chocolate and frosted with green tea flakes. It was the thought that count. Asuka, not to be outdone produced a flask from her person. Hot chocolate seemed a strange choice. Then again, it wouldn’t be Asuka if she didn’t do something her way. You certainly hadn’t expected her to take a swig from it before forcibly taking your lips. Caught by surprise you offered no resistance when she forced your mouth open. The next thing you felt apart from her soft lips was the warm, bittersweet dark chocolate flooding your mouth.

“Oh God, I forgot about this shit,” Kyouko wailed, “Get a room you two.”

“Hey, what about us?” Kyousuke squawked.

“Honestly, I could without the whole shoving chocolate down my throat bit though,” Sagara said.

When the two of you returned for air, Asuka gave the boys a look. Then she pulled our three wrapped chocolate balls and tossed them one each.

“I’ll get ya guys something later, but first we gotta take care of business.” Kyouko tried to remain impassive.

You would have agreed if Last Order hadn’t just messaged you, asking for you to come over to play.

[1/2]

>Take care of business with Kyouko
>Go see what Last Order wanted

send the lads with Kyouko

>Take care of business with Kyouko
gotta do things one at a time, also its our day off from here out.

“Well, good luck with that.”

“Whazzat Pops? You wanna miss out on the fun?” Kyouko asked.

“I’ve been doing your job for the past month Kyouko, I think I can take a little break,” you replied.

“But really it was us doing most of the work,” Sagara stage-whispered.

“Last Order wanted me for something,” you continued, “So I was going to go see her next. I’ll leave the boys in your care.”

“Hah, says you. I got things to do,” Tadakuni interjected, “We should do this whole thing again someday boss. “

With that he jumped out of the window. Sagara seemed to have vacated the premises when Tadakuni had drawn your attention.

“Aw come on, I ain’t that bad am I?”

Kyousuke visibly clammed up. Asuka was laughing as she led you out.

“Am I?” Kyouko repeated.

The time is now evening, the weather is warm, and the date remains unchanged.

Last Order had been eagerly awaiting you at the door with a box of chocolates. It was a pretty big box, with one piece of chocolate for each Sister. It also included one from Sparky, WORST, and Last Order herself. Asuka was amused not by the quantity of chocolate but the expectation that you would have to return the favour next month. That thought didn’t bear repeating.

“If you need help with chocolate then you can always ask me,” your mother offered.

Thanks mom but that didn’t really make you feel any better.

“I would imagine the face of Kamijou-san when the Sisters deliver their chocolates to the British Embassy,” Asuka mused.

“I imagine he wouldn’t be lucky at all to receive any chocolate from Carissa,” you said.

“True and I know for a fact that he has far too many admirers for his liking. Her Royal Highness will be in for a quite a shock. A necessary one too I would imagine.”

[1/2]

“Ah onee-sama won’t be happy to know a new rival has appeared says Misaka says Misaka as she consider Kamijou Touma-san’s situation. In any case this is what Misaka wanted to show onii-san.”

Before you was the inert chassis of VERDICT 2.0. What had once looked like a grim and dark anti-hero was now just a girl cloaked in a white bed sheet.

“I wanted onii-san to be here before I turned her on says Misaka says Misaka as she deliberately excluded senpai from the proceedings.”

You weren’t sure that was a good idea,
>So you asked about the new model
>Nayuta should be here to oversee this
>but what was the worst that could happen?

you didn't program her to be a 3rd wave feminist or a neocon did you?

shes done good with us and hasn't left us high and dry.
so yeah.

“How about you tell me about her first?” you asked, “I want to know more about my replacement before I actually get replaced.”

“Oh, alright says Misaka says Misaka and she disappointedly moves away from the activation sequence.”

Pushing off herself away from her keyboard, Last Order went and gathered a stack of papers that surrounded the workspace that was formerly known as the living room. Some were small paper napkins and sticky notes where as others were fully annotated diagrams on sheets of A3 and sketching paper.

“Let’s see, let’s see, here’s the features list says Misaka says Misaka as she finds what she was looking for. VERDICT 2.0, tentative designation MINERVA, is a next generation combat cyborg designed to combat Code M blah, blah, blah. She’s naturally an electromaster, thanks to senpai’s expertise in AIM fields, but probably not stronger than the average Sister. She’ll also be connected to the network and have limited access to the benefits that Misaka all share. Sensors will be enhanced to capture Code M emissions. Hmmm what else, says Misaka says Misaka as she searches through the documents.”

“What about equipment, or training?”

“The network shall be handling the training says Misaka says Misaka as she dismisses that problem. Equipment-wise, we’ll have to see what senpai can get access. Otherwise you might have to share with her.”

“Doesn’t seem like a problem, I have a spare guns lying around the apartment,” you replied, “So that seems like a pretty robust package. I still want Nayuta on hand when she’s activated of course.”

“Alright, alright says Misaka says Misaka as she capitulates to onii-san’s concern. I’ll call her first thing tomorrow now let’s go have dinner.”

The time is morning, the weather is electric, and the date is now February 15.

Nayuta had wasted no time to show up as soon as possible. You didn’t think you were going to miss the activation of VERDICT 2.0 either.

[1/2]

Given the nature of her intelligence Nayuta had warned that first impressions were going to be very important. Her warning was well given, especially when VERDICT 2.0 first opened her eyes and laid it on you.

“Who am I?” she asked as if the topic were about the weather.

>”A weapon”
>”My successor”
>Write-in

>”My successor”

>Write-in
My battle sister

>”My successor”

A protector of the city

"That's a question only you can answer"

Imma Murrican, my eternal boner for freedom demands i say something like that

“You are my successor,” you answered, “a protector of the City. Beyond that, you will have to decide for yourself.”

“Acknowledged.”

Her eyes flashed red, though you had no idea what that meant. Last Order took that moment to speak,

“Ping MINERVA@Guest_ V.2 says Misaka says Misaka as she verifies the connection to the network.”

“Ah, who’s there?” your successor asked.

She tilted her head back, searching the air for the source of the invisible transmission available only to the Misaka network.

“Well it looks like it’s working,” Nayuta observed, “Are we really going to call her Minerva though?”

“What shall my new designation be?”

“Echo echo your designation is MINERVA, consult manual pages for further queries says Misaka says Misaka as she instructs Minerva with the basics of network operation.”

“Hey!” Nayuta protested.

“At least it’s better than V2 says Misaka says Misaka as she criticises senpai’s naming sense.”

Your little sister stuck her tongue out at your boss. They both started blowing raspberries at each other so you ignored them. Your gaze returned to your successor. Her eyes had seemed to die, gone blank. Though from the kind transmissions CADRE could pick up, it seems that she was busily soaking up and learning new information.

“See, I told you that it would take time,” Nayuta suddenly said.

“That’s just because this is the first time she accessed the network, once she has set up her master file table then she’ll be a lot quicker says Misaka says Misaka as she explains the rudimentary processes of data storage to her supposedly smarter senpai.”

“I know how a computer stores data but she’s not a computer.”

“So we’re not made of silicon, that doesn’t mean we aren’t computers in our own right says Misaka says Misaka as she offers a weak rebuttal.”

“I don’t have time to debate philosophy with you,” Nayuta shouted, “It’s time for a live fire exercise.”

[1/2]

“You don’t honestly expect that she’ll be ready for combat immediately says Misaka says Misaka as she protests the decision.”

“Nothing like combat as a trial by fire.” Nayuta grinned. “Or are you afraid that my reasoning will be validated?”

“Misaka accepts the terms of your wager says Misaka says Misaka as she grumpily concedes.”

“Alright nii-chan I need you to drive her to,

>A normal crime scene
>Noukan-jii-san’s fight

>A normal crime scene

ease her in

>A normal crime scene
Let's not go right into the deep end shall we?

>Noukan-jii-san’s fight

“I should think her first priority would be some clothes,” your mother chimed in, “If only to convey the proper first impression.”

“Right, I guess we are skipping a few steps here,” Nayuta admitted, “Let’s get her dressed up. Nii-chan can you go get your guns from downstairs, I want her to equip herself and familiarised with it before you two leave.”

You had brought with you no small amount of guns. Here’s hoping that she would be able to use at least one of them. You laid out each of the ones you had on the floor of the living room, repurposing the fallen bed sheet while doing so. Of course when MINERVA had returned, practically ignored the guns laid before her. One glance at the arrangement and she had skipped everything and headed to the kitchen where you mother was cooking as usual.

“Mother Torikov, may I borrow your firearm?” she asked.

“Of course dear,” your mother replied, “Be sure to return it in one piece and clean it after you’re done.”

MINERVA’s head jerked, badly mimicking a polite nod and returned to the master bedroom. She came out with one of the Kalashnikovs your mother had taken as a prize back in Siberia. The sling she held it in fit her as naturally as possible. Nayuta gave you a look.

“It’s a good thing I have ammo for that,” you noted, “Three mags should be enough for now right?”

“It shall be sufficient. Mother Torikov’s sidearm is non-functional.”

She held up the two pieces of your mother’s old Stechkin.

“I’ll get it fixed for you,” Nayuta said, “With Torikov-oba-san’s permission of course.”

“I would rather she get a new one altogether,” your mother replied, “But if she insists then it is no problem.”

“Whichever is most efficient.”

Nayuta sighed.

[1/2]

By the time the two of you were rolling out, Nayuta had directed you towards a siege in progress. It wasn’t that people tended to rob banks in the City. It was just that those that do rarely got a clean getaway. The gang could have probably done it quicker and quieter, not that there was much profit in stealing from a bank. Anti-Skill were obviously already on the scene but as soon as your glossy black Camaro was on approach you could see them dreading the outcome. It wasn’t the first time you stopped a situation like this but the last time, things got a bit messy.

“How am I to engage?” MINERVA asked.

Cute how she thought she could handle it all by herself.

>Send her in quietly
>Have her assault
>Other plan (write-in)

>Send her in quietly

>Send her in quietly

“Prioritise stealth until no longer practical,” you instructed.

She didn’t have a helmet or a mask so you gave her your sunglasses. It was something for next time you supposed. The two of you emerged from the car as a small amount of people started to form. Hopefully they cut off the perps inside from the outside world. Otherwise this was going to get real interesting real fast for MINERVA. The AK was conspicuously slung across her shoulder as you crossed the barricade. It was time to engineer a proper distraction. Anti-Skill were probably not expecting your presence and were certainly not expecting you to stand still right in front of the bank. You stood there for about a good minute before someone inside finally mustered enough courage to shoot you. The round ricocheted off the front of your helmet with an audible ping. You glared up at the shoot as disapprovingly as you could, arms crossed in front of your chest.

MINERVA had taken the time to slip in through an alternative entrance and you tracked her progress as she stalked the hallways. Such was your distraction that she had been able to take most of the perps by surprised. This included the one that shot you, which she threw out the window. You caught him before he broke his neck on the pavement. Rather, he handled on his legs. Anti-Skill rushed over to attend to the noisy bastard.

“VERDICT, I am coming up on the hostages, they are aware of my presence,” she reported.

“Numbers?”

“Fifteen hostages, five hostiles. They have their guns trained on the hostages.”

It probably spoke of her fieldcraft that they just now were broadcasting threats about killing the hostages if Anti-Skill didn’t call off their attack. She had yet to fire a single shot. Still, this was supposed to be for her benefit so you,

>Offered no help
>Had her focus on the hostiles
>Had her try to save the hostages

>Had her focus on the hostiles
Get the job done, collateral damage is generally not our concern.

>Had her try to save the hostages.
I want Minerva to be a little better at this then Verdict. She's an electromaster, which lends itself better to control.

We want her to be better than us though. We're not at war anymore.

>Offered no help
gotta make choices on the field.

“Rescue the hostages,” you ordered.

“Acknowledged.”

It was probably too early for her to be making decisions on her own. That was why you had her prioritise the hostages. She didn’t have to make the same mistakes that you did. That was what the next generation was about wasn’t it? She had the proper tools, and with a bit of guidance she should be able to take over for you fairly bloodlessly. Still it was a marvel to watch her act.

“I surrender,” she said to the thugs.

She tossed the AK in full view of the thugs and walked out with her hands up. Unsurprisingly they turned their weapons on her immediately but did not shoot. MINERVA didn’t pay attention to what the ringleader was spouting so that was good. Her Ability came in to play now wrenching the guns in different directions. The thugs that held them were pointing the guns at each other. You saved a recording of them shooting themselves in horror. Maybe you could edit out the screaming of the hostages later too.

“Hostiles neutralised,” she reported.

You turned to the Anti-Skill assembled behind you.

“It’s all clear inside.”

They didn’t doubt your word, probably worried by the sounds of the gunshots. Not five minutes later, MINERVA was striding down the steps, AK slung on her shoulder. She looked as unblemished as she did going in.

“Was that satisfactory?” she asked.

“It was sloppy at some points.” Then you nodded. “But yeah, you did good.”

You lead your successor off. She looked to be on a good start.

Episode End.
twitter.com/BoredofDirector
Battle brother. Training the new replacement. How long will it take? When writefag and Veeky Forums meet, the story begins.
That’s it for tonight, sorry for the slow speed and short run but I have to go in an hour and Delta just got subbed. Interludes next week promise.

thanks for running

archived

Eh, was still fun regardless, night Bored.