Warhammer 40k general

stop arguing about OP image on a basket weaving forum edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD'

>Bunch of Other 40k Stuff
mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!9UtFDbTb

mega.nz/#F!8EtgSTSD!OaWgQeKlh-4stSMqVbXwVQ!cdFiWILI

>arguing over the OP image
1d4chan.org/wiki/Butthurt

So 40k general, what are you working on this week end?

How do we make Chosen good?
What about Thousand sons?
What about any [insert unit generally considered to be shit] here?

On Skorne

Because you expect Mk III to make them better or because you accepted the way of Skorne and enjoy the suffering?

My Dark Eldar, at long last. Since buying them I've painted the second half of my guard, my entire inquisition force, and a ton of random figs from Darksword and Reaper.

Finally Commoragh will have its day.

Deciding what kind of star is best for a colony without being a hellish world.

Posted this in the other thread but i might as well post it here as well:

How are tyranids these days? I've heard that they're shit right now but i've also heard that the new units that got dataslates have made them a reasonable army to actually play so i'm interested to see what your experience has been with them on the tabletop lately

I need to get shit painted for apocalypse on the 30th

So far its 3 fighta bommas, a dakkajet, the kill krusha and like 10 nobz

I should be able to do it

Not really, most people just spam flying tyrants if they wanna go competitive.

Someone didn't see that there was already a general up.

>What about Thousand sons?
lower cost, remove S&P

Painting and modeling some chaos terminators. Working on lists. Asking around to see if anyone wants to split that new Imperial Knight box with me.

not the fist time it's happened.

40 renegades, got about 14 done and 6 more with base colours.

Le new epic maymay.

tell me about your dudes.

what's their name? what have they done? what have you added anything extra to them to make them unique?

Warboss has a eldar banner to show he killed Eldrad in single combat.

Biker Boss has a daemon head mounted on his bike to show he killed a daemon prince in single combat.

Grey knight stuff

Building My renegade knight, and maybe my space wolf knight if the guy I was supposed to split this with doesn't return my calls

I have a Tallarn veteran sergeant who has killed two terminators with his bolt pistol. He's killed a rhino by shooting its rear armour as well. I've only used him in three games so far. I should add something to commemorate him really, but I'm not sure what.

Pic related, its the badass at the front with the bionic arm.

Roughed up a competitive tau list with my nids last night. Feelsgoodman.

Quit shitposting that same fucking pumpkinlight image on Veeky Forums and get painting, man.

My rune priest has a wolf skull on his force sword to represent the only kill he's ever scored, it was my own fenrisian wolf

Does that mean you won? Lists?

Where is that DK banner from?

>he killed Eldrad in single combat

he didn't, pick like the oldest/most famous farseer of a craftworld but not a named special character that alters the fluff/you could see opposite you on a table in any given day

Nids have a ton of options that can be found through with some work. Check out thetyranidhive on proboards for some silo discussino. Nids are good, and fun to play. Also best models in the game, imo.

Making a black Templars themed chapter. Just finished the CC crusaders. They all got the Templar iconography all on them and shit. Looks holy as fuck

Grey knight terminator/paladin kit

based like 50 something models

>lower cost to 22 per man
>slow/purposeful becomes relentless
>sorceror gains 2 wounds to make him worth 60 points
>change up tzeentch table

revlon the keeper of secrets, good at absorbing bullets and being a distraction. bad at doing anything productive. i need a name for a khorne herald, he's eaten a few squads over the years and is always worth his points. lord 1000 maybe

I am, i just havent taken another picture yet

Theyre all basecoated, going to wash them soon

>you could see opposite you on a table in any given day
What if, you know, he did see Eldrad opposite him on a table, and the Warboss did kill him?

>the only kill he's ever scored, it was my own fenrisian wolf
Do tell more. This sounds like a very interesting story.

Oh lay off him, it's not like eldrad hasn't been dead in the lore before.

Iron Warrior artillery, but I lack a proper brush for shades so I had to place that shit on hold and paint Word Bearers

Chosen need what all CSM need. A way to get into melee. Other than that they just need aggressively costed weapon options.

Thousand Sons need a two wound sergeant with worthwhile powers. Slow & Purposeful going to Relentless would be helpful as well.

He manifested murderous hurricane and it scattered back into the unit of distraction wolves, I haven't used a rune priest since

Built and magnetized three imperial knights. My usual opponent is in for a trouble with his cheesedar when my Tripartiate Lance will trod the field enchanced by Librarius Conclave wielding Phase Shift. Fuck you and your LoS-dodging space elfs.

Dark eldar. After much soul searching and trying many colour schemes, I finally decided to ignore what the internet says ("doesn't look like a dark eldar") and paint them in the scheme I like. Mainly silver, if you're wondering, which apparently is too bright for deldar or something. Fuck it, I likes 'em, and that's what matters.

Not sharing my assault-nid list - but has assault-kitted tyrants, shrikes, and malanthropes.

Tau army was hunter contingent with 27Fw in 3 devilfish, 4 pirahanas, 3 ghostkeels, stormsurge, and 2 units of marker drones.

Stormsurge got assaulted on turn 1, cause he got greedy and elected to delete malanthropes with S10 shooting.

Thousand Sons just need that the leader can roll on something else than that shit table.

That or guranteed Doombolt.

Either a beautiful story of friends who accept that they're playing a competitive meta, or an ugly story of childish escalation.

It's your guys, why the fuck should you care what some neckbeard with autism thinks?

Your shit needs to adhere to fluff only if fluff matters to you.

>my usual opponent plays cheesedar
doubtful.

The dickweed wielded 5 WK's against me last time we played when he sheepishly asked if it was okay for him to play with eldar-decurion.

We play for the win but its always accompanied by beers and lots of laughter. Only thing that separates our club from WAACs that the only thing we dont sacrifice for winning is fair play and having fun.

>5 WK
Im sure

5 of 'em is 1475 points minimum. Windrider host to unlock the decurion is 358 points, or 448 if you're putting scatter lasers on all the jetbikes. So, you can fit 5 WK into 1850 if you go without scatter lasers, or into 2000 points if you take scatterbikes.

Yes because I come to Chinese Sock-knitting forum to lie about my games.

The WK-game was actually damn fun one. In the end it was close loss for me and managed to down 3 of those fuckers.

nub here

how dumb would it be for a chaos space marine warband to work with one of the craftier necron dynasties in return for tech, CSM who are basically shills for crons and covered in cybernetics and rumored perhaps to even be under the mind control of an overlord . . .

is this is a viable theme for a chaos army or too far fetched to be realistic in-universe?

I bought the imperial knight renegade box. Now I have 3 loyalist knights for an Adamantine Lance + Sisters army I have and a single double dakka knight for my CSM

Necrons are not above using mercs and CSM renegades are not above being mercs.

You figure it out.

So how much better would the Lord of Skulls be if, when destroyed, it spawned a free Blood Thirster of any type?

A curios novelty at best imo
It would encourage players to be more aggressive or maybe not considering the point difference and roles of the two models

It might actually be worth the stupid point value they gave it then.

Still not worth damn near 1000 points. You should let GW in on this idea though because it would mean people have to also buy a thirster when they buy a Lord of Skulls.

Usable. Currently its about 200-300pts overcosted... which is the price of bloodthrister. And it would be annoying as fuark as an effect. You kill the damn thing and then another threat spawns. Goddamned

or just reduce it's point to match other super heavies? That thing should be 400 max

Depends on whether or not it has to deep strike

So this is the proper General right? Chicken is the true picture.

FUCK CARNAC!

Based on poster numbers, the other general is winning.

Mob rule is the only thing that defines which general is the true general.

Maybe if you want to let shit posting tripfags run all over you.

No, the other general is about 30 minutes older.

I encourage everyone to use this pic because it literally doesn't matter you fucking autists

I wish hiro would create a text board for Veeky Forums stuff, text Veeky Forums would actually be good

So what is GW likely to do in the Tyranid Lord of War department when they're next codex arrives?

Is it likely they'd make the Trygon a Gargantuan Creature again?

Or would they likely do something else?

Marko Gamma-42
Skitarii Vanguard Alpha
Wiped out half of a Blood Angels Terminator Squad w/ Sanguinary Priest in CC with Pater Radium
I have yet to do anything special for him, partially because I don't have the spare bits to do anything cool

HQ: Sorc w/ Terminator + MoT + Burning Brand = 130
HQ: Daemon Prince + DoT + Wings + Armour + Black Mace = 265

Troops x2 : 8+1 rubrics/sorc = 484

Elite: 4+1 Termies/champ w/ Reaper AC + 4x Combi-Weapons + MoT = 229

Dedicated Transport (Rubrics): 2x Rhino + Dirge Caster = 80

Cyclopia Cabal with 5 Sorcs with Bikes, Spell Familiars and VotLW = 500

1688. If I remove 38 points I can fit in 2 Forgefiends at 2000. Thing is.. do I remove 1 Rhino or 1 rubric marine from each squad to make that up?

Hmm...I want to say removing the Rubrics is the right call, though I think you could potentially get away with ditching a Rhino.

Maybe cut out the autocannon termie instead?

Was going to make 5 librarians out of a Grey Knight Puriefier box but my extra sternguard bits went missing so now I have to wait because I don't want to fuck up removing the GK detail from the legs.

Captain Joremus of the Thunder Dragoons has a mechanical arm he punched a Carnifex in the face with his Power Fist.

The Carnifex bit his arm off as it died, so he had it replaced.

If I ditch a rhino it would be asymmetrical and my OCD flares up BUT i wouldn't have to convert my other rhino from Khornate dedication to Tzeentchian/Thousand Sons, so there's that real world hassle to judge. But I can't cut out the Autocannon termie as I'd need to give him SOMETHING. The cheapest option if a combi-weapon, and I'd be freeing too few points (18 points left and nothing else to remove).

If I remove a rubric from each, I would have 8 points OVER to spend on something. Possibly a Gift of Mutation to my Warlord or give each Rhino an extra combi-bolter.

Should say "because of the fact that he punched a Carniex"

get rid of the dirge casters on rhinos, they're not even really worth it with assault units and ksons shouldn't be charging in their wildest dreams

also I don't even know what that cyclopia thing is but if those are 5 normal sorcerers, getting rid of votlw + dirge casters frees up 40 points, so there's the 38 you need

No, I meant cut out the terminator with the autocannon entirely, running only a 4 man squad.

>1ksons shouldn't be charging

That sorcerer has a force weapon.

An HQ from a CAD can't join a unit in another Formation, right?

shit w8 that's only 35, but you should ditch the autocannon in favor of a combi-plasma

>separates us from waac

Your opponent fielded FIVE Wraithknights. Nothing separates that from waac. Id consider kicking the shit out of you in the spot if you tried that shit in my house.

yeah, and is a single wound MEQ with bog standard stats who will get raped by anything that cares about ID. you should be shooting those AP3 bolters at marines at all times, the force sword is stupid but mandatory so I guess it's just useful when your dudes get charged

Technically, you should charge if you think you're about to be charged, since you don't give up any shooting to do so and you can't fire overwatch anyway, but at that point things have gone wrong regardless.

I can't get rid of the VotLW, the Cyclopia Cabal is one of the new Black Legion formations and thus the rule is mandatory, unfortunately.

Ahh, shit. I'll think about it. I really want to keep my termies and have them finally achieve something. It's a good gun, I'm hoping to Deepstrike them and use them as a small firebase. The Sorc with the Brand has a good 20 inch template threat range at AP3 and with the meltas, flamers or plasmas I carry I can make the termies melt something to get their fucking points back for once!

I'm not sure if I should give my knight warden a melta gun or a stubber.

You only need VotLW on the Sorceres, the formation is Black Legion, rest of your Army doesn't have to be.

Did you not read the edition?
Just stop talking about the pic and let the issue sort itself out naturally

..Yes I know. Only the Sorcs have the rule, because it's mandatory.

Nevermind me then

>400 points
>For way more firepower than a Knight, which is 375, 3 more HP, and a 5++ save at all times.

It's overcosted sure, but 400 is way too low. Comparing to Wraithknights is worthless since they're an outlier.

It's alright man. i just want to know which would be more sensible. Losing a rhino and having one squad mobile and the other footslogging or just ditch 1 rubric from each squad (Oh god going from Tzeentch's 9 to Khorne's 8.. I'm pretty sure I'll get cursed by both).

I would be adding 2 Forgefiends so that's a good firepower tradeoff but y'know.

Are Renegades and Heretics just chaos-aligned IG, or is there something special about them?

Its like 1100 if you upgrade both guns.
I believe Warhound Titans are cheaper. Lord of Skulls might be the most overcosted unit in the game?

Ditching the rubrics is propably the better option out of the two, wince ditching a rhino means ditxhing an obsec unit (that is CAD, right?)

Also, Tzeench is going to laugh his ass off when Khorne sees his holy number soiled by filthy Psykers and dustmen.

it simply having access to a str 9 ap 3 instant death hellstorm flamer is going to keep it above 600 pts.

You know there's a 1 unit of LOW limit for competitive play in the ITC, right?

Shit, the ITC shills are back.

>Ditching the rubrics is propably the better option out of the two, wince ditching a rhino means ditxhing an obsec unit (that is CAD, right?)
Yes sirma'am that is a CAD. The rhinos would definitely help me capture objectives and Rubrics being tough mofos, they could hold them reasonably well and drill anyone with a 3+ armour save full of holes if they came close.

>Also, Tzeench is going to laugh his ass off when Khorne sees his holy number soiled by filthy Psykers and dustmen.
What's funnier is that i have 2 Rhinos, but I always thought I'm going to be using only 1 for my TS army... with the regular CSM squad. The other Is done up Khornate for my KDK's berzerkers. So the Rhino has to be converted to switch dedication. Khorne's gonna be ultramad.

Handily combining 'that shitter that posts metal images for everything' and 'ITC shill' into an easy autoignore.

Either it or the Stompa is.

Built two Razorbacks for my Dark Angels company. Picture is one of them.

If youre talking about the lore, renegades and heretics just describes a renegade, heretical army or whatever.

In IA 13 its an army list that has units from the IG codex, SM codex, CSM codex, several IA books, and tons of unique units. More detail than a standard codex, but no formations so no competitive builds.

maybe give him a full boltgun