Persona 2129 Quest #46

You are Takashi Wakui, a sixteen year old Japanese high school student. In your world, half of humanity possesses a Persona—the corporeal manifestation of one’s personality as a supernatural entity. You had been an unlucky ordinary at first, lacking the potential to summon your Persona. Then the application AETHER was forcibly installed on your smartphone. It sucked you into the nightmarish realm of the Blackened Void, where you fought monsters and awakened your Persona in the process.

You are now the Wild Card of the 22nd Century. You possess the Fool Arcana, giving you the power to draw strength from bonds and wield multiple Personas at once. Already this places you in great danger, as the Fool Arcana is seen as an impossibility by the common masses. Revealing your newfound power to the common world would immediately land your head on a dissection table. To make matters worse, you and several others have been cursed as the Void’s Chosen, fated to traverse the wastelands of the Blackened Void until the end of the game. For what purpose does AETHER exist, what mysteries lie within and how is victory achieved?

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Persona 2129 Quest
Twitter: twitter.com/TwilightThorn
Mechanics: pastebin.com/63VCK8Xx
Spell/Skill List: pastebin.com/5NYivMQd
Part One Recap: pastebin.com/i1VjfnyX

Character List: pastebin.com/neF0JJjD
Persona List: pastebin.com/96AZArUx
Takashi's Stats: pastebin.com/xzq1FJ8g

[6:50 am, 2-Jun-2129 (THURSDAY)]

Today, you wake up differently. It is not the shrill rumble of the morning rush traffic that snaps you away from your dreams, nor is it the shrieking of your bedside alarm—a sensation that is as loud as a grenade and as painful as one of your kaa-san’s strikes to the temple. Rather, it is the gentle sensation of a rough hand brushing against your fringe that rouses you from your slumber. Your eyelids unstick themselves apart, parting a thin veil of tears, and you catch a faceful of raw muscle and messy navy-blue hair.

“Morning, little bro.” Shizuka, your older sister, smiles.

“Umpphh…” You mumble. “What day is it…?”

It’s a silly question. By the time you finish muttering that sentence, your brain has shaken off the last traces of lethargy and you know. Today is the day not unlike others in the past. It is a day you have marked on your respective virtual respective calendars, watching as the hours and minutes tick downwards. The inner child inside of you has been awaiting this, yet its grown-up counterpart is filled with nothing but anxiety.

Yes, today is the day your sister leaves for inner Tokyo to train the newest batch of Anti-Shadow Operative rookies. It means that you will have the house to yourself for the next month, unless kaa-san decides to return home for some reason. Unlikely, considering the mountains of paperwork she is buried beneath.

Happening!

It also means that no-one will be cooking for you for the next couple of weeks. This is likely to be terrible. That, or liable to extend your waistline by a number of inches.

“Breakfast is on the table.” Shizuka says, “I’d love to go with you, but I have a train to catch.”

“You have to leave that early?”

“Didn’t we talk about this yesterday?”

“It’s still crappy.”

“You know it is, regulations and all that. I’m not outside the law.” She leans closer and ruffles your bed-hair. It now resembles a nest created by the world’s most drunk sparrow. You grunt and try to prise her off. “I couldn’t leave without saying goodbye to my cute little brother, though.”

You sit up, shedding off your blanket like an old skin.

>“I’m going to really miss you.”
>“You don’t have to make such a big deal out of this…”
>“You’re a grown woman. You’ll cope.”
>“Say hi to everyone for me.”
>“I’ll make sure the apartment doesn’t burn down in the meantime.”
>Custom option.

>>“I’m going to really miss you.”
>“Say hi to everyone for me.”

>Custom option.
"But this is a great opportunity for your career and I know you'll do amazing at it, so I'm happy for you all the same."

>It means that you will have the house to yourself for the next month, unless kaa-san decides to return home for some reason.
paaaaartaaaaaay

And promise to call her every Sunday.

>“I’ll make sure the apartment doesn’t burn down in the meantime.”

How many more days do we have to finish Celeste's mission?

It was a 30 day time limit, given on May 18. It is currently June 2. We've got about two weeks.

>>“Say hi to everyone for me.”
>>“I’ll make sure the apartment doesn’t burn down in the meantime.”

Two weeks, I think. And we should also go to the Forlorn Abyss, and sign up to become the House Assistant, and start dueling, and go to drama club, and help Takauji deal with his harem... Takashi has a very full plate.

>harem
It's just a love triangle.

Does Savate use STR or DEX?

It's not even that, given that Takauji's apparently not feeling it for either of them. He just wants to be their friends, the romantic stuff confuses and frightens him.

Both, probably.

Okay writing now...

>STATS: STR D-, DEX E+, MAG D, END D-, AGL E+, LCK C+, DEV S-
What should we improve next?

So what's on our current to-do list? It looks like the last quest update was about the Chikashi Abomination, so we don't have anything urgent for at least the next little while. So I'm thinking: go to clubs in the afternoon for stat gains and Social Links, study in the evenings because we need to start working on Intelligence again, hit the Hazebound Woods on the weekends to get Celeste's companion and since we're not going to be able to do anything with Shizuka, and on Fridays go to the dueling grounds because I really want to do that at some point, especially now that we can cheat properly with Augmentation.

sounds decent.

We also have to visit the ghost girl.

Good point, we can do that Sunday evenings, she's available then. Normally we'd go for Shizuka since that's the only time she's available, but she's not here now.

And visit Aria in the hospital.

Being a Fool is hard. So many things to do.

We've got a strength-focused Persona, so raising that is a good idea. We should also focus more on Magic Potential, to maximize Persona Augmentation and Chi Casting. I want us to get Ultimate Hit at some point, that would be so satisfying. "Fuck your damage immunities, my punches are Almighty!"

Str we need it for our persona skills and for our fist.
Level up probably we not strong for boss and most time win be luck roll.

Yeah, but strengthening Social Links, completing side quests, and dueling will all contribute to leveling up. I didn't think it needed a separate entrance.

We can't neglect our END

“I’m going to really miss you.” It’s a little difficult for you to admit, but it’s true. Without your older sister around, who has cared, supported and loved you ever since your accident, it will feel like missing an arm or a leg.

“Me too, Takashi. Me too!” Shizuka half cries, half sobs. She then wraps you into a hug so tight an anaconda would feel jealous. Your breath vanishes down your throat. You choke. A crack rings through the air, sounding suspiciously like a spine fracturing. It’s not helped by the twin mounds of round flesh blocking any chance of oxygen entering your system. “It’s going to be so lonely without you! I won’t see you wake up in the morning, enjoy the food I prepare, get the chance to eat dinner with you, tuck you into bed…oh my god, this next month is going to be absolute hell! How will I cope?”

You shove Shizuka back. It’s like trying to push a slab of concrete with only your bare fists. “You haven’t done that last one since the start of middle school!” You bark.

“True. I really will miss you, though.” Shizuka mumbles. Then a metaphorical lightbulb pops into existence above her head. “I know! I’ll call you every day.”

“Please no.” You groan. “It didn’t stop being annoying the last time something like this happened.”

“But how will I know if you’re alright?”

“Just send me a text.” You roll your eyes.

“You never reply to them!”

“I swear I will this time.” You vaguely remember stating something like this in the past, but shrug it off. “Seriously, nee-san. I’m not a baby.”

She pouts. “Fine…you better reply to them, however. I don’t want to hear any excuses! If you don’t talk me to every once in a while, I’ll become worried sick. You wouldn’t want that to happen to your nee-san, right?”

“Yeah, sure.” You say. “Is there anything else?”

your schedule is KILLING my sleeptime tt

>Without your older sister around, who has cared, supported and loved you ever since your accident
I think this is the first confirmation we have that Takashi actually remembers what happened to him, and hasn't just suppressed it. Interesting.

Dexterity or Agility, so we can have everything above E rank.

Honestly, for dueling I think we should stick with using only Ippon-Datara, like when we fought Celeste. Using the Wild Card for duels, when we have lots of eyes upon us, carries way too many risks. Like people wondering how we have access to so many skills when we've only had our Persona for literally a bit over two months, or what might happen if any of them notice just how many resistances we have.

Also, it IS cheating. The Wild Card gives us a massive leg up over the competition, and it's one that nobody who would otherwise be an equal match for us can compete with. It would be like bringing a sword to a knife fight, or maybe bringing a lot of knives, except they're all invisible but one. I think that duels should be a way for Takashi to test his own mettle, without relying on the Wild Card.

Let me guess you are a lawfag.

the question is

has he learned what he has lost,or is he merely so good at faking it hes convinced himself he did?

Same feel for duel man.

We know they told him he had an accident after he lost his memories.

Nah
Im Choasfag and i agree
Only the weak use cheap tactics. We grow STR by our own strenuous work and bond with our true self.

>not using our powers as Fool
Anything less than giving our best is an insult to our opponents.

>I’ll send you money for groceries every month.
But isn't she coming back next month?

>tell her to kick ass and take names!

“The usual reminders.” Shizuka points to the door. “Your breakfast is on the table. I’ve made a batch of food in the fridge. Eat as much of it as you like, but try to regulate your meals. Don’t pig out on candies and chocolate again.”

“The memories of me puking into the toilet has fully discouraged me from doing that again.”

“Don’t forget to wash the dishes after eating. I’ve bought a new bottle of dishwashing liquid. You don’t have to worry about the rest of the housework, I’ll take care of it when I get back.”

“Got it.”

“I’ll send you money for groceries every week. Be careful around the stoves if you’re going to be cooking by yourself. Check for strangers before you open the door. If there’s any emergency, call me or kaa-san immediately.”

“I’m starting to think you still consider me a little kid, nee-san.”

“Well, in some ways, you are.” Shizuka whispers. “The world is big and scary place. I want to keep you safe. It’s already bad enough kaa-san and I have to leave you alone at home.”

“Like I said…”

She nods. “I know, I know. It’s worked the last couple of times and you’re more mature now. I’m just making sure. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

Silence. You can’t find anything else to speak.

“Goodbye, Takashi.” Leaning forward, your beloved older sister plants a small kiss on your forehead. Her smile is sad, forlorn. Something shines in her eyes. “Be safe. See you next July.”

“Goodbye, nee-san.”

I understand that, but I think it's worth the risk. We're already establishing a reputation as some sort of late-blooming prodigy, if we pull out a lot of skills it won't look too weird. And if we're clever about it, they won't even realize we're switching resistances, they'll just think we have a high defense stat and that's why we're not taking damage.

As for it being dishonorable, I don't see it that way. The Wild Card is who Takashi is. It's part of him, no matter what the squatters try to say. It would be his own power he's using, not some unfair cheat. It's not wrong for someone with a particularly powerful Persona to duel with it, neither is this. He is the Wild Card, the holy Fool. Using that power is his right, and to shy away from it and treat it as something only to be used in life-or-death emergencies is going to cripple his development.

And of corse u can tell everyone why you have so many persona.

>>Shizuka: Leave.

You hear the faint hiss of the front door sliding open, followed by the heavy thuds that only military-grade combat boots could provide. You lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, mind numb, before realizing that school is on and climbing out. Off goes your singlet, on comes your uniform. Buttons up, tie in a knot, socks rolled up, the whole formal works.

Breakfast is on the table. A bowl of white rice, a fried egg with soy sauce on top and a small bowl of onions mixed in with miso soup. The platter is still hot; through the light shining down from the ceiling, you can make out the image of steam rising from the soup bowl. The chair squeals like a small animal as you pull it out. You sit down.

A spoon finds its way into your hands. You scoop up a bit of the soup of shove it into your mouth. Next is the egg, which is trapped between a pair of chopsticks. A blob of rice soaks up the soy sauce and you revel in the deliciousness of the meal. You take a second bite, a third and a fourth. Mmm, this is delicious. Shizuka has outdone herself today. You wonder how you should compliment her when she gets back.

A nearby clock counts down the minutes before the first class of the day. You continue to shovel the contents of the meal into your mouth. In the kitchen, the refrigerator hums.

I disagree. Using the Wild Card in a duel is cowardly. It's a poorly-understood, nigh-mythical power that was forced onto us by an entity with goals that we don't understand, and probably never will. In the context of the kill-or-be-killed, survive-against-all-odds Blackened Void, it's highly valuable and keeping us alive, but in the context of the rule-oriented world of dueling, it's like using a corked bat.

And, by giving ourselves a handicap in duels, we're actually challenging ourselves, rather than coasting past the competition with the ability to adapt to anything they throw at us and use a multitude of skills without spending the time to learn them. To quote the pastebin:

>Power of Bonds: The Wild Card allows Takashi to transform his bonds into power. By advancing his Social Links, his Personas will grow stronger. The exception is his main Persona, which must be developed manually.

Ippon-Datara is OUR Persona. By using only that, we're truly testing ourselves, rather than relying on how many friends we have. It would be like that trope where the plucky hero is able to overpower a far stronger villain thanks to the "power of friendship", screaming a whole lot, and having a hairstyle that requires more hair product than the average 1950s greaser gang.

[12:40 pm, 2-Jun-2129 (THURSDAY)]

Fast forward to midday, where you are eating lunch in the academy cafeteria as usual. Celeste, Takauji and Kanami have joined you. Your best friend is by your side, chewing on a piece of pineapple, while Takauji and Kanami are at the opposite side of the table, with Kanami millimetres away from invading Takauji’s private space. With evidence of an alternate dimension plastered to your phone’s hard drive, you are so grateful for the semblance of normality in your life. It almost makes the more ludicrous part of your personality shed a single manly tear.

“So, what happened yesterday?” Takauji asks. “Spill, man.”

You turn to Celeste. “Did you tell them about this?”

She shrugs. “I thought it was harmless.”

“Point taken.” You mutter. “Okay, fine. Veleis-sensei asked me to check up on Aria, right? I did that, except I found the door unlocked and the girl down on the ground suffering from a fever.”

“Did you call an ambulance?”

“Yeah. They took her away. Problem solved, I guess. I went home after that.”

"Wow, good job, man. "

"It's not that big of a deal; I only did what everyone else would do in that situation." You think for a moment. “Hey, if I knew Amrita, would I have been able to cure her?”

“No, haven’t you been listening in class?” Kanami speaks up. “Amrita only cures ailments present in magic. It can cure stuff like poison or petrification, but modern diseases are out of its league.”

“Huh, you learn something new every day…”

“Still, you have peculiar interests in friends, Takashi. First Osaragi, and now von Wittelsbach.”

>“What are you implying, Kanami?”
>“You’re no better.”
>“I don’t care…”
>“I don’t think Aria is my friend.”
>Custom option.

It's also just BEGGING for some cheater in the stands with a scanner to fuck us way over.

>>“What are you implying, Kanami?”

We have only the purest intentions.

>>Custom option.
They're 'interesting'

waggle eyebrows as we say it

>>“You’re no better.”

>I dont care...

We are the gatekeeper to Takauji's harem, Kanami. You don't want to say something you shouldn't.

>Custom option.
"Also you and Takauji. What's your point?"

She's alone in a strange place with only the barest amount of the local language. It would be pretty nasty to go through that all alone.

"That I have a thing for foreign girls - and half-foreign girls, don't give me that look, Celeste - and tsundere delinquents? The nerve."

I actually don't know what she is implying

>“I don’t care…”

>You do not have enough WILLPOWER to say it with a straight face

RESULTS OF THAT POLL FROM LAST WEEK TWEET TWEET

>73 votes total
>1. High Priestess(?!): 15 votes
>2. Justice, Moon: 11 votes
>3. Emperor, Hermit, Fool: 6 votes
>4. Magician, Hierophant: 4 votes
>5. Star: 3 votes
>6. Fortune, Tower: 2 votes
>7. Sun, Empress, Temperance: 1 vote

I'm honestly surprised. I was expecting a lot more Hermits. Also, pleasantly smug to find that I am the only Temperance. This means that I am special and unique.

. High Priestess(?!): 15 votes
Does that mean we are full of girls?LONDON

Despite being a guy, I got High Priestess and am clearly the prettiest of girls.

I was kind of surprised being a girl. I hoped to get empress or something

You don't exist.

Whats the High priestess exactly? I'm fine with getting Justice but sad I didn't nab Strength.

Hierophant and proud lawfag. Also, what the heck are you doing in my university?

>Individuals associated with the Priestess Arcana are usually quiet, reserved, and very intelligent.
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

>Individuals associated with the Priestess Arcana are usually quiet, reserved, and very intelligent. They are often modest and shy
Known users include Fuuka and Yukiko

>Also, what the heck are you doing in my university?
You'll never know until it's too late to stop me.

>Individuals associated with the Priestess Arcana are usually quiet, reserved, and very intelligent.
>Veeky Forums
>very intelligent

Very intelligent but not very wise

Also
>Veeky Forums
>quiet and reserved

That's more Fumika though, and Fumika's a hermit

In real life man

That bird has beautiful plumage.

it is also possessed and we dealy need a priest because the fucking thing just turned all of its head around and it most certainly isnt an owl

SIC IT HIEROPHANTS!

“Hey, what are you implying, Kanami?”

“Nothing at all.” She responds, picking a fish-shaped nugget and ripping its head off with a single chomp. “I was just making an observation.”

You eye her warily, before returning to your beef on rice meal. For a brief few moments you immerse yourself in the chatter of the cafeteria, Celeste’s silly jokes and Kanami’s sarcastic quips.

“Hey Takashi, how’s drama club?”

You are caught off guard by Takauji’s question. “Uh…fine, I guess. I haven’t been there in a while.”

“Why not?”

You glance over at Celeste. “Been busy, I guess.”

“With what?” Kanami asks.

“Work.” Beating up Shadows in the Blackened Void grants you macca, so it’s sort of a truth.

“You know, you could always quit.” Takauji suggests.

“Say what?”

“It’s not like you’ve entered a blood contract or anything with the captain.” Takauji says. “If you’re busy, just tell them. They’ll whine and moan, but they can’t do shit to stop you.”

“Just don’t do it too often.” Kanami warns. “Otherwise, you’ll get a reputation for being a notorious slacker.”

“Who’s the drama club captain, anyway?”

“Kaz, the really nice guy.” You mutter. “Bowl cut, glasses, big smile all the time...heard of him?”

"Oh, him. Yeah, who hasn't?"

"You, apparently."

“He’s understanding, isn’t he? I don’t think he would have too much of a problem if you quit.”

Celeste puffs up her cheeks and frowns. “I don’t think you should do it, Takashi-kun. You’re the one who signed up for it, so it’s important that you see the commitment through to the end. Besides, don’t you enjoy drama club?”

“She’s got a point…” Kanami muses. “I haven’t talked to Kaz Inaba, but he sounds like the type of guy who would be legitimately heartbroken if one of his members walked out on him.”

“Don’t people do that all the time, though?”

You raise your hands in the air, as if they were a pair of air traffic control signs. “Okay, you guys all stop. I didn’t say anything about quitting club. Takauji was the one who brought it up.”

He makes the kind of gesture a child lacking an important piece of homework would give. “It’s a suggestion. You decide what to do with it, man.”

"I'll keep it in mind. Can we get back to eating, please? The sauce is getting cold."

"...your meal was cold from the start."

"That's not the point."

[4:00 pm, 2-Jun-2129 (THURSDAY)]

School has ended for the day. What will you do now?

>Call the team to the Blackened Void (Exploration).
>Study in the school library (Increases INTELLIGENCE).
>Go to the gym (Increases WILLPOWER).
>Go to drama club (Justice S-Link).
>Talk to Yoshino, the captain of FALCO House.
>Search for Kozue Yusa (Death S-Link).
>Wander around the city (Random Encounter).
>Fight randoms in the Battlegrounds (Gain C. EXP, increase WILLPOWER and reputation).
>Custom option.

We got the hint TT

>>Go to drama club (Justice S-Link).

Might as well.

Justice!

Gee I wonder if we should visit the drama club

>>Custom option.
Quit Drama Club.

I wanted to do it anyway,I said we should go to clubs way back here . I'm not just choosing it because the narrative is guilt tripping us.

CHARISMA AND JUSTICE AND KAZ. We'll get all the rest of that stuff done eventually!
Seriously, this weekend: Forlorn Abyss. We NEED to know what happened to Chikashi and how we can fix it.

>Fight randoms in the Battlegrounds (Gain C. EXP, increase WILLPOWER and reputation).

Geez you don't need to guilt trip us to do that Thorn.

Yeah, we already said we wanted to. If we haven't been going lately, it's just because we keep get given quests and other shit to do that's time-sensitive.