Job Help

Should I:

>Stick with a job I really dont like in a city I hate with the possibility of making $120k starting in the next few months

>Relocate to a city I love with a new firm making what I make now ($65k) for another year or so doing something I like a lot better

Im 27 years old in the finance industry by the way...

How much does your cost of living change?

Move dude. Just buy some coins on the internet if you need money.

Number 2 %100. Personal happiness is more important than money and 65k is still great

This

Unless you have a family to provide for or are living beyond your means, 120k won't really make you that much happier.

Grass is always greener user, chances are after a few months or years you'll hate the new job just as much and not have the money.

Try to make your current situation as enjoyable as you can now and try to get the promotion to 120k so you can put it all in on LINK

Not by much actually.

Thats what I am leaning towards but man its hard to give up that kind of money...

the other upside is option2 has tuition reimbursement so I can go to grad school for free

I have a $120k job that I don't like and I hate it. I get zero work done and I'm just waiting for them to fire me.

My 401k is nice tho.

Like you said, grass is greener...He will probably hate it. That doesnt make the first choice better. Lesser evil nigga

The grass isn't always greener. This a meme for people who aren't happy with themselves and need validation from the outside world.

Who knows, maybe OP will meet a ton of new friends / coworkers that he really meshes well with. If not at least he'll be doing a job he likes.

PLEASE do number 2. I wasted a year and a half doing option 1. granted I was able to use the new salary and save /dump capital into crypto, but I agree with most on here what is most important is your happiness. TIME is the most important thing you can invest in.

If you can live comfortably on 65k in the new city where you will enjoy living and the company will pay for your continued education I wouldn't think twice about taking option 2.

whats the $ potential for option 2?

Depends directly on how much u believe in crypto

Each extra dollar cohld mean 10 or 100 dollar in the future

>Unironically this

I used to wake up for a ((( job ))) and used to have ((( purpose ))) in life. People used to ((( respect ))) me and I used to feel ((( fulfilled ))) in life. Then I found crypto and realized that wagecucking is a concept created to keep you a slave on a hamster wheel.

I wake up whenever I want, I haven't showered or left my flat for 9 days. I haven't spoken to a real person other than via internet and the delivery people for weeks.

I am free

Kek. He's moving to a different job to become a neat.

"Not to become a neat

I have a similar experience. My crypto goes up and down almost every day by the amount I would make working for a year in my country. It is eye-opening about "the system", but just chilling and reading about crypto is really not fulfilling - what would I be without crypto?

Checked and Kek'd

Praise Kek!!

The option 2 city is bigger and much better than option1 city. I currently live in a retirement paradise with all old people. It absolutely sucks.

yeah the tuition reimbursement is a huge plus to me.

Ill start at $65k but they also offer a pension along with a 401k which is rare. If I move my way up the chain I can make over $100k it just may take a few years at least.

I find good food, good drugs, video game achievements and staring at % gain offer temporary feeling of fulfillment

>tfw zero retirement savings
>tfw zero insurance coverage
>tfw crypto goes to shit and you are left with nothing

>retirement savings

Pmsl, enjoy the literal soon meme when you try and withdraw any of that.

Do you really trust the system we live in to cough up at some point. Did no one tell you that you can't cash out pensions. Just let the government and corporations hold your time, work and wealth safely for you until you are too riddled with dementia and old age to complain.

At least I control my wealth. (plus I own traditional non-governmental wealth, property, land, commodities, company shares)

You're retarded. No one gets pensions anymore and you own your 401k.

Don't forget you can't cash out of crypto

nice mustache though

Enjoy those taxes when you withdraw before you're 80

But yes, please continue moving the hours of your life, sweat, tears and exertions into an inflatory government backed investment. Good goy, trust them to look after you. You truly are in control and getting value for your life (which you only have one of and will end)

Best part is, not only are you a slave, you shill your master to others

>Ill start at $65k but they also offer a pension along with a 401k which is rare. If I move my way up the chain I can make over $100k it just may take a few years at least.

A few years will be over in a depressingly short amount of time.

It sounds like you dont really understand how 401ks work

>enjoy those taxes when you withdraw before youre 80
What? pre taxed money will always be taxable when you withdraw no matter what age you are.

I contribute Roth money to my 401k and IRA anyway so I wont pay any taxes when I withdraw. I own these plans, they arent pensions you numb nut.

My savings afford me to purchase land which is what I am planning to do in the next few years.

deluded socalist

You've given me a good chuckle. Well I'll leave you to get some sleep, got to get up nice and early for that trip to work. What is it, 30minutes of your life each way? 60 minutes? Plus the time it takes to iron your shirt and shine your shoes. All so they can pat you on the head and give you the paper they print (after taxes are deducted) I'll be in my crypto paid for flat watching my crypto go up in value as I do what I want with the short time I have on earth.

Stay ((( financially secure ))) pal.

Do you really make money in crypto? How much money are we talking?

Are you on the same board as me?

Just look at the % growth in the crypto market over the past 2 years.

Anyone who got in early made a lot of money, most of us came from /g/

A generation of millionaire neckbeards

number one 100%

yea its definitely gonna last!!! Especially with all that income coming in to add to your crypto position...oh wait cryto doesnt pay a dividend and you dont have a job

Spoken like a true newfag who just bought in this week after reading about it on reddit. The rest of us invested early years ago because we read about the technology itself and what it allows and were rewarded with dividends and still continue to stay ahead of the curve through research. Piss the fuck off stupid faggot.

right cause everyone on this Tibetan textile picture board had a ton of cash sitting on the side YEARS ago that they dumped into cryto. You are delusional, who are you trying to impress?

Trust me.

In life I've made a lot of money, and I've made a little money. Under no circumstances should you perform a job you hate. The consequences of doing that supercede money.

i have a feeling this will turn into a "grass is greener" situation

dont let your job define you or your happiness. you trade your time for money at work, get the most for your time and find your happiness outside of your job.

an extra ~60k a year? thats huge. use that for crypto, investing, property, etc. a couple of years of making big bucks and using that money wisely can change your life

honestly i worked a job in a field i "loved" making OK money and after awhile its just the same old routine, if you're going to work for someone else get the most out of it.

How are the hours? Sometimes companies lure you in with a excellent salary, but work you til turnover

hours are the same for both: 40 hours per week, so I cant complain there.